Awoo.

Spoiler Thread (Spoiler Tags Please)

Agent York

Bah. None of the blocks in the actual Sonic 4 screenshot have those green lines in them, and none of them seem to have the same ultra-shiny effect to them, either.

...also, mostly out of curiosity, when was the last time a 2D Sonic game provided an obtrusive text box like that to explain a game mechanic? I can't think of a single one. As a matter of fact, I don't think very many of the 3D games had them either: the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Unleashed with its tutorial stages.

Rush Adventure and it's tutorial stage.

Hey guys. I've just spoken to RGX ('cuz he's a buddy of mine) and he sent me a copy of the game! Bootlegs are awesome. Anyway, I just unlocked Super Sonic and thought I'd take a photo for you all.

sdc10599x.jpg

Freaking sweet!

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands lol I do know RGX though.

Expect to see this topic full of photos like these soon, with anyone and everyone creating things that look real enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys. I've just spoken to RGX ('cuz he's a buddy of mine) and he sent me a copy of the game! Bootlegs are awesome. Anyway, I just unlocked Super Sonic and thought I'd take a photo for you all.

sdc10599x.jpg

Freaking sweet!

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands lol I do know RGX though.

Expect to see this topic full of photos like these soon, with anyone and everyone creating things that look real enough.

OMG WTF SEGA???? He's too yellow, this isn't The Simpsons!!!! SEGA I AM DISAPPOINT!!!

OMG SEGA HE DIDN'T FLOAT IN THE CLASSIC GAMES WHY MUST YOU RAPE MY CHILDHOOD ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

Been around Sonic Stadium so long and finally just got an account. Anyways yeah, I posted that to demostrate that Hoaxes are quite easily made in PS and people should be careful on believing anything a bit too suspicious to believe...

I probably should've waited till I added the meteors, but oh well..

fakesonicfinalbosscopy.th.png

Edited by RGX
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been around Sonic Stadium so long and finally just got an account. Anyways yeah, I posted that to demostrate that Hoaxes are quite easily made in PS and people should be careful on believing anything a bit too suspicious to believe...

I probably should've waited till I added the meteors, but oh well..

fakesonicfinalbosscopy.th.png

Welcome to the SSMB! :)

That's pretty good, wouldn't surprise me if the tabloid type websites out there would take it as leaked goods.

Well guys, RGX, Stasis, and I have all gotten the game early. After playing the game for countless hours, I can confirm that Sega lied to us in that character countdown thing. After I beat the game, I unlocked this awesome fellow:

big4copy.png

But for some reason, I can't get past the first loop with him. D:

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome to the SSMB! :)

That's pretty good, wouldn't surprise me if the tabloid type websites out there would take it as leaked goods.

Thanks a lot Shadzter.

It probably would've been more believable then the other pair of fake screen-shots someone else posted.. ;)

EDIT: Gamerguy21, no fair, I'm stuck getting S rank on the Mecha Amy boss.

Edited by RGX
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nearly a day later than we at TSS along with the rest of the world realised and after an update to his article with reasons he gave to believe his source Tristan has FINALLY realised the pics are fake. Tristan has now taken down his article and replaced it with a new article outing his source as Rick Fields and then confesses that this almighty source has pulled hoaxes before, needless to say I'm laughing my ass off :lol:

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/03/17/source-of-alleged-sonic-4-photos-debunked/

Best part for me -

TSSZ News has learned the source of the images, known to us formally as Rick Fields, has actively engaged in malicious community and borderline fraudulent activity previously, and that was enough for us to make the call. In our particular case, Fields posed as a teenager who claimed to have received the images in question from a friend whose father had ties to a gaming company. Fields may have performed similar poses for sites like SegaBits, who had published the material approximately half an hour before this site did, while we were continuing to try and authenticate. Previously, Fields posed as a 12 year old on Sega’s own Project Needlemouse Community Challenge.

Tristan takes stuff regarding a big company's project given to him from what he believed to be a young lad as credible ?? LMAO

• Thumbs Up 2

One rumor debunked team. Onto the next problem!

In other news, the mie cart thing I still also believe to be legit. In fact I have this theory.

I think it might be "special" acts.

Actually, rewatching the leaked gameplay... I have an idea. I think the game, though three acts, has three different kinds of acts. Act 1 is your normal Sonic act, act 2 is focused on a zone gimmick but emphasized, and act 3 is a normal Sonic act but with different aesthetics than the other acts.

Let me give an example of how this could POSSIBLY work with Splash Hill:

SPLASH HILL ZONE

ACT 1: The Adventure Begins (Normal Act)

ACT 2: High-Speed Adventure (Gimmick Act, based on what we have seen and the name, I'm guessing the gimmick would be speed boosters ala' Sonic 2's chemical plant)

ACT 3: Sunset Dash (Normal Act with different Aesthetics)

This is just a theory, but it would make sense, it could go with the three act structure and even though some might dislike it, it could work out interestingly and give each act a different feel instead of Sonic 1 for instance where each act in a zone feels the same ending in a thing, making it to feel like a dragged out kind of feeling.

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

Haha, the whole "Me/friend/ family member works/has ties for SEGA" thing is one thing that shouldn't be believed, especially if coming from a kid. As well, seeing "Rick" in the name, he should've expected this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tristan has just proved that anyone could set up a new e-mail account, pretend to be a 13 year old lad, send him an e-mail with some fake screenshots and claim to have a family member who works at SEGA who risks their job giving out assets on the game and he'd believe it lol!

I for one congratulate this guy on pulling a trick on TSSZ, alot of people in the community fell for the screenshots yes but had we been told the source on this like Tristan was then we'd have known immediately that they were total fakes. Tristan has something wrong with him if he believes crap like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy it was fake. They shouldn't wip out the epic Doomsday style Super space battle in the first damn episode.

Edited by speedfreak

I have a really picture!!!

lasereyes.jpg

Knux is popping out of the screen because SEGA is making the game in 3D. This is the final boss and its really fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

BULLETIN! TSSZ Reporting something that was revealed waaaaaaay back when ShenmueDojo were digging around the SASAR code.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is just a random thought, but do you think maybe the mine carts in Lost Labyrinth will work like the carts in Sunset Hill in Sonic Triple Trouble, but with motion or button control instead of Spin Dash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=8INYJA_1ZRs

Since Media tags seem not to work, here's a direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=8INYJA_1ZRs

EDIT: Fix'd Link

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

Sorry, no. As 'amusing' as that macro was, Indigo, I had to delete it. Firstly, it's off-topic. Secondly, posts consisting simply of macros are spam. And thirdly, I don't want us to give TSSZ any more ammo or reason to complain about us. All that does is draw traffic to his site.

So I'm gonna ask that everyone please stop talking about Tristan/TSSZ and get back on topic. I know there's a lot of rage right now, but we're better than that (: So, can we move on now please?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, no. As 'amusing' as that macro was, Indigo, I had to delete it. Firstly, it's off-topic. Secondly, posts consisting simply of macros are spam. And thirdly, I don't want us to give TSSZ any more ammo or reason to complain about us. All that does is draw traffic to his site.

So I'm gonna ask that everyone please stop talking about Tristan/TSSZ and get back on topic. I know there's a lot of rage right now, but we're better than that (: So, can we move on now please?

Fair enough. To be honest, I felt pretty lame a little while after posting that.

TSSZ still annoys me though. They best stop picking on my buddy Shadzter.

Many, most even, of us feel the exact same way, Indigo. However, as I've tried to express previously, even negative publicity is still publicity for him and earns him attention and page views.

Rest assured that no one, staff or otherwise, is simply sitting back and allowing abuse of our members and friends to simply happen. But there's a place for dealing with that crap, and in the middle of random topics is not it.

Shadz is a very good friend of mine too, one who I've hung out with IRL on several occasions including non-Sonic meet-ups. So I do understand your anger.

However, much as I loathe doing the whole "I R STAFF, OBEY MEEEE" thing, I do have to put my foot down here for the good of the board and say that any further mentions of TSSZ or Tristan in relation to his character or journalistic integrity are likely to be moderated and/or deleted.

Now, can we get on with this thread? (:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine everyone's going to start raging at the homing attack segment at around 53 seconds.

This is all Sonic Retro by the way, I'm just lurking there.

Also, Frozen Nitrogen was right, those Motobugs are vicious.

Edited by Indigo Dude

Where did you find that screenshot and do you know where the video came from? I'm getting pretty sick of these leaks now >_<

After watching that whole zone I'm seriously hyped, looks to play just like the classics.

I imagine everyone's going to start raging at the homing attack segment at around 53 seconds.

I'd imagine it be more about the Speed Boosters. But whatever, that video is <3 Plus Labyrinth Zone being water level = awesome. Wonder how they'll remix the drowning music this time.

EDIT:

Where did you find that screenshot and do you know where the video came from? I'm getting pretty sick of these leaks now >_<

It's from a user called infinity on Retro. Seems he has the full game or whatever's been leaked. Overlord just removed his post containing the stuff, and will do so with every other leak over there. Scratch that last statement.

EDIT2: HOLY SHIT 1-UP MUSIC FROM SONIC 3 RETURNS!

Edited by GameboyHero
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm pissed off about the leaks as well. Keeping the anticipation going via official media is much more fun, not to mention the video and image quality is excellent when direct from Sega. Not filmed off a cheap TV.

Anyway, that clip really hyped me up as well! The controls look much more solid than the supposed Alpha video and the animations are amazing! I actually like the free fall pose he makes when coming off a jump. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1