Awoo.

Spoiler Thread (Spoiler Tags Please)

Agent York

Would that... gulp... put either Shadow or '06 at the end of the timeline? Dear lord, I hope not. Let's just call the Egg Dragoon a throwback, please please please.

It does look very Egg Dragoon-ish, though, doesn't it? I really like that style, so I'm glad to see it again. Oh, and the semi-confirmation of cutscenes is nice as well... that actually looks pretty good.

Sonic World Adventure referred to some of the events from Sonic the Hedgehog (Robert's Custom Shoes being alluded to in Ciccio's directory listing), so it must have taken place afterwards. Not to mention that Sonic and the Black Knight is our most recent canonical instalment.

Also...

uhp1.jpg

Same mech - the SWA UHP has a drill-hand instead of a left turret-hand, but other than that the design is essentially the same. We have a conundrum on our hands, here! Dr. Eggman stated an UHP2 was in the works...but hopefully this isn't it. Unless it is! Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is nothing more than Sonic and Eggman travelling back in time! Which would explain modern Sonic!

TIME TRAVEL PLOT CONFIRMED!

Edited by HunterTSF

Guys, I think this screen is fake.

It has the exact same number of lives and the timer is EXACTLY the same, split seconds and all, as the first boss pic we got leaked a while back. Also, the Sonic model is not Sonic 4's model, it has no cell shading , the eyes and coloring is wrong, andit looks shopped. Also why does the final boss look so much like Egg Dragoon? Why would there be an achievement to get no damage in E.G.G. Station Zone if your Super sonic? Why a Super Sonic battle in episode 1.

Finally...

brawlsoniciswear.jpg

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

Pffft. The guys over at Sonic Retro are horrible at identifying models! The model featured here is the Sonic World Adventure [360/PS3] model - the Wii series model (Notably used in the Storybook and Mario & Sonic series, as well the latest Smash Bros.) looks nothing like this.

But TSSZ new guy insists that these are totally legit. But then again, he's not a very legitimate source of news either, eh? :P

Edited by HunterTSF

*Image*

Um, you might want to put that in a spoiler tab. If this does indeed turn out to be real, some people may be mad that you posted it here without warning.

Anyway, I'm just gonna wait and see if this is real or not. Although with the points Dusk makes, it is looking kinda fake at the moment. It also seems kinda weird of them to reuse a boss that wasn't even from the classic games (so it can't really be seen as a throwback).

Edited by gamerguy21

We all do know people have ripped the models from the unleashed games, this could be like what they do on Face Punch with the character models.

Besides that is the unleashed model from the PS3/360 versions, and in the one pic he looks like he has lip stick on.

Edited by Eternlo

While I do hope this is true(seriously, Egg Dragoon was one of the coolest bosses in years, the only thing that could make it cooler is to fight it as non-Werehog Sonic) I do agree with Dusk that there are a lot of inconsistencies with the art. Sonic and the ED appear to be real time, fully rendered CG models contrary to the rest of the game which is supposed to be pre-rendered sprites in a cel-shaded style. Also there's the possibility that these models were ripped from SU 360/Ps2/Wii although EG's dual gun arms seems like an edit Sega would make.

Edited by D.K.B.G.

Super Sonic can still take damage people. I refer you all to:

The Launch Base Zone boss

The True Area 53 boss

The Exception Boss

Solaris

Perfect Dark Gaia

And those are just the bosses where he loses rings!

Taking damage can also refer to getting hit in the first place, even though you don't lose rings, which would require a flawless performance on the boss, which WOULD be achievement worthy.

Edited by Aquaslash

The Sonic 4 model IS the Sonic Unleashed one :|

Minus a few adjustments like the eyes, the cell shading, the belly was slightly adjusted... All of which are present in that screen of Sonic.

Come on, it's the Sonic Unleashed model of Sonic and Super Sonic versus Egg Dragoon, admit that sounds like Sonic Unleashed. All they would need to do is take the models, adjust them to a position then take the hud from the leaked Sonic boss pic and lay them all out and say "Look guys, final boss!".

Minus a few adjustments like the eyes, the cell shading, the belly was slightly adjusted... All of which are present in that screen of Sonic.

ev0v2w.jpg

Same model, different coloring :|

Come on, it's the Sonic Unleashed model of Sonic and Super Sonic versus Egg Dragoon, admit that sounds like Sonic Unleashed. All they would need to do is take the models, adjust them to a position then take the hud from the leaked Sonic boss pic and lay them all out and say "Look guys, final boss!".

And that would work BECAUSE the models are the same.

ev0v2w.jpg

Same model, different coloring :|

ev0v2w.png

But missing the cell shading technique in the game. That's the key here. And I repeat, why Egg Dragoon randomly, besides it's also accessible from the model rip.

ev0v2w.png

But missing the cell shading technique in the game. That's the key here. And I repeat, why Egg Dragoon randomly, besides it's also accessible from the model rip.

Well that's a different kettle of fish. My only point was that the models are the same, regardless of coloring techniques.

Few more points to prove it's fake:

-The score card ends in 7. NEVER has a Sonic score ended in 7 because all scores end in 0, because all points earned are multiples of 10, meaning a 7 is impossible.

-Besides that, all the numbers in the score are the same numbers in the time, meaning they could of copied and pasted the numbers from the timer

-And more so the 1 in the score card is WAY to close to the 7, the spacing is totally wrong compared to all the other numbers in the HUD

-Egg Dragoon's Left Arm seen in the pic is a carbon copy of his right arm seen in Unleashed suggesting a copy and paste job.

Think that about sums things up.

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

I go to sleep for the night and wake up to find a hoax happened in my absence, I agree those screens do look fake regardless of what Tristan's 'source' says. When it comes to sources Tristan may aswell be talking to sheep as both will pull the wool over his eyes.

Few more points to prove it's fake:

-The score card ends in 7. NEVER has a Sonic score ended in 7 because all scores end in 0, because all points earned are multiples of 10, meaning a 7 is impossible.

-Besides that, all the numbers in the score are the same numbers in the time, meaning they could of copied and pasted the numbers from the timer

-And more so the 1 in the score card is WAY to close to the 7, the spacing is totally wrong compared to all the other numbers in the HUD

-Egg Dragoon's Left Arm seen in the pic is a carbon copy of his right arm seen in Unleashed suggesting a copy and paste job.

Think that about sums things up.

I too noticed the above. The timer is identical to the one shown in the recent Spash Hill boss battle pic, as are the amount of lives. And the score does consist of the same numbers in the timer. There are some minor differences I noticed on the Egg Dragoon boss, but that may be due to a difference in models. Definitely fake.

Regarding the 'mine' image:

samei.png

If you look through the info box, you can see the same block.

Here's what I see. The screen there looks a lot like a computer screen. Why would the leaker have Sonic 4 on his computer if he's taking pics with a camera?

I wanted to see more of Sonic 4, but not the "final boss" kind of more. Now I'm stuck fighting this temptation to look or not. Stupid leaks...

Also, the blur streak effect on Super Sonic is terrible. It's like a yellow smear. You can see the shoes where the blue starts to drag out.

Here's what I see. The screen there looks a lot like a computer screen. Why would the leaker have Sonic 4 on his computer if he's taking pics with a camera?

Yeah, if you look to the right of the screen with Sonic looking like he's about to transform it looks like it's displayed on a PC monitor and you can see a blue wall with and a wooden wall liner you'd have in a bedroom. The circle of light looks like it's reflecting from a ceiling lamp too, so yeah pretty much a fake made by someone on their home computer.

I don't know what to make of the mine cart after someone here pointed out the badly written text and the reflection at the top right looks like it could be someones fancy home windows or someone making the thing on a laptop at their local library or somewhere where they have fancy church type windows.

EDIT:

ANOTHER OFF-SCREEN LEAKED SCREENSHOT!!!

fakescreenshotsnapshot.jpg

Not really :lol: Someone called RGX in a comment at Tristan's article posted it to prove to him that the pics are fake as you can make them so easily like this pic RGX has posted.

Edit: I think that they are fake too. The above picture is a great example how picture can be mistaken for a real screenshot. But they recent leaked picture look like they've been ripped from Sonic Unleashed without any adjustments being made.

Edited by Mr.S

Regarding the 'mine' image:

samei.png

If you look through the info box, you can see the same block.

Bah. None of the blocks in the actual Sonic 4 screenshot have those green lines in them, and none of them seem to have the same ultra-shiny effect to them, either.

...also, mostly out of curiosity, when was the last time a 2D Sonic game provided an obtrusive text box like that to explain a game mechanic? I can't think of a single one. As a matter of fact, I don't think very many of the 3D games had them either: the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Unleashed with its tutorial stages.

Bah. None of the blocks in the actual Sonic 4 screenshot have those green lines in them, and none of them seem to have the same ultra-shiny effect to them, either.

As i said on the first page, look at the pilars in the background. They're the same, prooving it's from the same level, and in my opinion, not fake at all.