Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Yeah, the reason I most cared about this update was the promise of getting rid of friend codes, and with that not there, I don't care that much. It just being Miiverse is just eh to me. Miiverse is nice and all but I was so happy that friend codes might potentially be gone like they are on Wii-U and without that there it's quite disappointing for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing happens if you click it? ... You sure? I might be wrong but I thought it instantly turned on just by tapping it.

I remember getting really annoyed with it. I'm happy with the change, personally. Used to accidentally turn the camera on a lot.

Not that it matters anymore but since I haven't updated my 3DS yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOYE7MR-nPg

That's how it was!

So...is 'TCB' my Nintendo network ID?

Or is it a list of numbers and letters that was more than 6 but less thant16 characters?

If it's the latter...then I did it wrong. Is the only way to fix that is to delete your ID? What are the ramifications of that again?

Yeah, the reason I most cared about this update was the promise of getting rid of friend codes, and with that not there, I don't care that much. It just being Miiverse is just eh to me. Miiverse is nice and all but I was so happy that friend codes might potentially be gone like they are on Wii-U and without that there it's quite disappointing for me.

I honestly wouldn't even mind the friend codes all that much if they just let us add people like every other service ever. An "accept friend request" option would simplify it exponentially. It's really bothersome that something as simple as adding friends is a chore, even after they've implemented Miiverse.

Can you choose to add people directly from the service?

I honestly wouldn't even mind the friend codes all that much if they just let us add people like every other service ever. An "accept friend request" option would simplify it exponentially. It's really bothersome that something as simple as adding friends is a chore, even after they've implemented Miiverse.

Not to my knowledge. The feature's there in the Wii U version, but isn't on the 3DS Miiverse as of now.

1. I can't answer your question because I don't have the update downloaded yet. Cola seems to have answered your question already though. 

2. What do you mean an "add" option? Isn't that basically just having an add button and getting rid of the friend codes? I don't understand where you're going with this. 

1. I can't answer your question because I don't have the update downloaded yet. Cola seems to have answered your question already though.

2. What do you mean an "add" option? Isn't that basically just having an add button and getting rid of the friend codes? I don't understand where you're going with this.

I mean like -

Say I wanted to add you on my 3DS friends list. Friend Codes are a thing, so I type yours in and you are added as "pending". Rather than have a notification on your end saying you have a friend request, however, you instead have to go out of your way to get my friend code and add that yourself.

It's just a needless complication that I can't imagine would be hard to reprogram. I wish they'd let it go already.

• Thumbs Up 3

I mean like -

Say I wanted to add you on my 3DS friends list. Friend Codes are a thing, so I type yours in and you are added as "pending". Rather than have a notification on your end saying you have a friend request, however, you instead have to go out of your way to get my friend code and add that yourself.

It's just a needless complication that I can't imagine would be hard to reprogram. I wish they'd let it go already.

This is seriously my biggest issue with the friend code system.

I also wish there was an in-game prompt as to whether your request has been accepted or not. It's much more convinient than the "Home button -> Friends -> check if they added me yet -> Nope -> go back to playing my game -> wait a bit -> repeat" bullshit that became much more glaring when I got Pokemon X.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't care about Friend Codes or anything, but if there's something I don't like, it's that you need to be online/use Miiverse to do screenshots of a game. Why not just let me save it to my SD Card?

I mean like -

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, I never understood why you have to add the other person's friend code, it's stupid. 

My Wi-fi finally kicked back on so I was able to give the 3DS MiiVerse a whirl. It feels good and I love it that this update link both my 3DS and Wii U info together. Seeing content between platforms was pretty cool.

Also, it's great to see games like Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate have communities on there.  Didn't see one for Professor Layton, But I guess they'll wait on that one until Azran Legacies is ready.  Could also use one for Zero Escape! Just sayin', Nintendo!

Didn't I mention that it feels good drawing on there?

zlCfzROaCiA0Vbw0FZ-1.png

Well, it does. I didn't have high hopes on this since I had an hard time making detailed drawings on Swapnote, but I guess the Miiverse tools just gives me more of an edge so I'm happy with this.

My Wi-fi finally kicked back on so I was able to give the 3DS MiiVerse a whirl. It feels good and I love it that this update link both my 3DS and Wii U info together. Seeing content between platforms was pretty cool.

Also, it's great to see games like Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate have communities on there.  Didn't see one for Professor Layton, But I guess they'll wait on that one until Azran Legacies is ready.  Could also use one for Zero Escape! Just sayin', Nintendo!

Didn't I mention that it feels good drawing on there?

zlCfzROaCiA0Vbw0FZ-1.png

Well, it does. I didn't have high hopes on this since I had an hard time making detailed drawing on Swapnote, but I guess the Miiverse tools just gives me more of an edge so I'm happy with this.

Yea, I was having a hard time drawing on Swapnote, Like I wouldn't ever be able to draw a ear good

kwHXGA8.png

(I used the word "good" loosely)

Also on the topic of Swapnote, I guess it's pointless to even have swapnote since Miiverse is pretty much the old and better swapnote now.

Is anyone else having Firmware problems with the latest 3DS update?

• I can't choose anything other than the game cart from the home menu. I can't move the cursor.
  • My touch screen randomly stopped responding. The picture still shows up, but I can't do anything else with it. I doubt it's my 3DS because I was just using the touchscreen earlier and this thing is barely a month old.
  • Sometimes I have to chose an icon 2 or 3 times before it responds.

My 3DS was working flawlessly until I updated the firmware.

Aside from the touching an icon 2 or 3 times thing, which my 3DS was doing anyway before the update, nothing seems off with mine at all.

*sigh*

alright. I called Nintendo, and they said I'm still within warranty, so I'm sending it up.

What a load of shit. At least they were helpful though.

Is anyone else having Firmware problems with the latest 3DS update?

• Sometimes I have to chose an icon 2 or 3 times before it responds.

This is the only one which happens to me, but that's when I try to boot it up while the menu is still loading up all my games

*sigh*

alright. I called Nintendo, and they said I'm still within warranty, so I'm sending it up.

What a load of shit. At least they were helpful though.

At least they are going to look at it for you and not try and blame you for every little thing that may be going wrong with it. I've had trouble like that with microsoft with my 360 when they knew about a certain problem with their systems in the past and their policy was to say it was the customers fault for the problem happening and to not fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Local shopping centre was chaotic today with the sales. Someone had even moved the recycling bins outside Sainsbury's so they could park their car and queues in both GAME stores were huge. Treated myself to a £25 eShop card to get the new Ace Attorney and originally intended to get it from GAME, but fuck queueing, so got it from ASDA lol!

Unfortunately, it seems the eShop is down again, despite it returning this morning after Christmas downtime >_<

EDIT:

Managed to get in and redeem my £25 card and purchase and download Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies :D

I got myself A nice little 3DS XL! I really like the size of it. Now I can get that dream team game and return to Luigi's Mansion dark moon. Not sure about Sonic Lost world though....

My friend code is in my signature now, Just remembered the 3DS didn't get ID's....