Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Speaking of Dream Team, I played the demo, and I'm not too fond of it. Luigi moves seemed like they did jackshit, and the fucking battle system was changed so that you have to shift left and right and time your counter rather than just time your counter. And I know the didn't add this shitty aspect to add something to the gameplay, they did it so you'd use the shitty gimmick of the console to percieve better.

Nintendo said the eShop will only be open from 4am to 4pm (EST? Also, the times could be wrong.) until they fix it.

So, I recently got 3DS XL. I made my purchases via the eshop with the old 3DS (which is no longer with me) and I wanna redownload them.

Is there a possible route to re-obtain them like email or phone call as I really don't want to re-purchase them due to not having the money to do so.

I do have a Club Nintendo account that recorded my purchases from before if you're wondering.

Weren't you able to do a system transfer before you got rid of the old system? Your only bet now is to contact Nintendo and see of they can help you because of your CN account.

Weren't you able to do a system transfer before you got rid of the old system? Your only bet now is to contact Nintendo and see of they can help you because of your CN account.

The old 3ds was gone for a year before I got the 3ds xl. And if I did, I wouldn't due to the store whipping out the data before I got the new one. I do hope the company can help me now

The old 3ds was gone for a year before I got the 3ds xl. And if I did, I wouldn't due to the store whipping out the data before I got the new one. I do hope the company can help me now

It's highly unlikely they will. From what I hear it is only under extreme circumstances, such as theft or the machine being destroyed (and even then they sometimes say no).

Senran Kagura is pretty damn fun although I voiced some complaints in the topic, so I wouldn't mind another game on the 3DS. Just as long as they improve the framerate, that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Senran Kagura is pretty damn fun although I voiced some complaints in the topic, so I wouldn't mind another game on the 3DS. Just as long as they improve the framerate, that is.

If you don't like the framerate of Senran Kagura, then you'd want to destroy Code of Princess.

What games should I get for the 3DS? I am getting one in a few weeks and whilst I have some in mind (Pokemon, Bravely Default, New Leaf), I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me?

What games should I get for the 3DS? I am getting one in a few weeks and whilst I have some in mind (Pokemon, Bravely Default, New Leaf), I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me?

Depends on what kinda game you're into I guess!

• Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Link Between Worlds

to begin with! Can't go wrong with Zelda especially. If you like puzzle games or visual novels then I highly recommend the two Layton games and especially Ace Attorney 5 and Virtue's Last Reward (if you haven't played VLR definitely play 999 first). There's also of course Mario, the 3DS Mario games aren't amazing or anything but they're definitely "good". If you like tactical games then Fire Emblem is supposed to be fantastic too.

So there's a lot to choose from it just depends on your tastes really!

• Thumbs Up 3

IMO Super Mario 3D Land isn't just good, it's REALLY good! So I definitely recommend that one. Also, if you like relaxing life sim games which you have to attend to almost every day then Animal Crossing New Leaf is great too.

And for RPG's you've got Mario & Luigi which I enjoyed immensely (and I haven't even played the other M&L games!) and Bravely Default.

• Thumbs Up 3

Dunno when will you exactly get your 3DS, but here's one thing you probably may consider...

Super Mario 3D Land Welcome Promotion

If you register a Nintendo 3DS or 3DS XL and one of the 15 games listed below, you can claim for a free download code for Super Mario 3D Land. The promotion ends on the 13th January though, so if you are planning on getting a 3DS soon, you may consider checking this promo out.

Eligible games:

• Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Luigi’s Mansion 2
  • LEGO CITY® Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS version)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
  • Pokémon X
  • Pokémon Y
  • Bravely Default (launching December 6th)
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

As for what games should I recommend you, it all depends on your tastes really. The 3DS has got quite a broad catalog with lots to choose at the moment and lots to come in 2014 as well.

Fire Emblem Awakening is a fantastic experience if you are into S-RPGs (or even if it's your first time, this is the perfect entry to get yourself in the series), Mario & Luigi Dream Team is a very fun RPG starred by the bros, and of course Pokémon X & Y is a must-have to consider worth having. Luigi's Mansion 2 is a fun adventure game with plenty to do on its single and multiplayer modes and a very worthy successor of its Gamecube prequel. If you haven't played DKC Returns on the Wii, it's another choice you can consider checking out on its 3DS version.

Animal Crossing is probably the game most of people got hooked up on their 3DS, it's an addicting life sim with loads of stuff to do it'll keep you busy, guaranteed. Mario Kart 7 is a must-have for me especially if you plan on playing it online, and while I haven't played NSMB 2 (so I cannot say much about how good it really is), Super Mario 3D Land is a much worthy choice IMO: and as I said before, you can get the latter free if you register the console and a game before the 13th January.

Cannot say about A Link Between Worlds or Bravely Default since I haven't played them (got them on my wishlist though), but I have heard very good stuff about both. And that's pretty much it from me; hope it helps on your purchase! =)

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought a 3DS and Mario and Luigi dream team last week, Does the code come through Club Nintendo or do I have to register some other website?

Edit: Oh wait its from the UK, no wonder I haven't got it yet, bummer...

Nintendo's gotta pay up again :-/

Nintendo must pay royalties for every 3DS following court ruling

About £2 a unit will go to the patent holder.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-07-nintendo-must-pay-royalties-for-every-3ds-following-court-ruling

Actually this is just a continuation of that ruling early last year (when it was cut from 30 million to 15 million). The ruling here is actually concerning future royalties paid to Tomita from that earlier case, if I'm reading things right. The judge ruled that a flat dollar amount per system was too much for Tomita and that a pecrentage of each 3DS sold would be better, especially when the price starts to drop. 1.83 percent comes out to about 3-4 dollars depending on the model. 

Of course Nintendo is going to fight this, but it isn't as bad as what originally was ruled. They don't have to pay 105 million for previous 3DS's sold like the article said (that's what the 15 million was for).

• 2 weeks later...

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/17/we-are-thinking-about-a-new-business-structure-says-iwata/

Troublesome times for Nintendo.. Not moving Wii U's and the 3DS is pretty much done with all the major 1st party titles out and everyone considering owning one has already got one or isn't interested..

Some things we can speculate -

Iwata is considering stepping down

Might see Mario on smartphones soon

Another WiiU price slash in the next 6 - 12 months

I don't think most major 1st party titles are done on 3DS, and people certainly aren't done purchasing them (what with it being the best selling hardware of not only last month but also the last year).

Iwata is staying longer. 

I really doubt Mario is ever going to be on third party smartphones. If they are ever on a "smartphone" it would be one that Nintendo made. Putting Mario in a 99 cent app for Ios is the same as personally devaluing Mario as a whole, at least in Nintendo's eye.

Honestly, with how little money they're making on the Wii U, another price cut seems unlikely. Then again, they very well could.

3DS is pretty much done with all the major 1st party titles out and everyone considering owning one has already got one or isn't interested..

How can you say this with a straight face when the 3DS continues to sell the most in every region every month. If that's bad, then the entire industry is screwed.

• Thumbs Up 6

pretty awesome deal over at best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/3ds-xl-offer-117579

Kinda tempted, however I would have to go over to the store later today to see if they still have any on sale, and if its on sale in store... and it would kinda wipe out my gaming budget for the year... but tempted

Have been enjoying the 3D Classics so far at least in terms of 3D Space Harrier and 3D Galaxy Force II, the latter is very good in 3D and blown away by the game. Feeling like getting one more 3D Classic but which one? Hard to think of 3DS games that are less than £5/$8 without resorting to Virtual Console. At least my free Super Mario Bros. Deluxe code should be coming soon.

Anyway Mario Party: Island Tour has just recently came out here, I wonder if anyone has it to see what they think and whether it will be for me? Have read the reviews and it seems to be a mixed (but decent) 6 out of 10er. Things to note:

- Have only played Mario Party 4 and 5, prefer 4 to 5.

- Is the game still playable single player and for the minigames? Since I am aware of the no online multiplayer thing but whether it is still good for one person due to don't play multiplayer.

- Does the CPU cheat nastily or is it manageable? Would rather win fair and square than getting frustrated by cheating computer AI.

- Better or worser than Mario Party DS?

I haven't played Mario Party: Island Tour, but I've heard that there are some boards that are multiplayer-only and forbid the use of AI players, so you can only play them with local multiplayer.  I don't know much about the game, but it seems like kind of a low blow not to include an alternative.