Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty damn important. The eShop card was already the same for 3DS and Wii U, so they might as well let us actually use that cashed in card on both.

Are you fucking serious with me right now Nintendo? The point of bringing Miiverse to 3ds was to get rid of the damn crappy friend code system, and without the FR system you still need dammed friend codes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Boo, Wendy Nintendo! Boo, Wendy Nintendo!

I head-desked so hard. I take back half of my excitement from that Nintendo Direct. I don't know why I got my hopes up. This is Nintendo after all.

EDIT:

By the way, here's another source:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/nintendo_confirms_that_miiverse_on_3ds_wont_allow_friend_requests_or_user_messaging

Nintendo Life contacted Nintendo and got this blunt statement:

Miiverse on Nintendo 3DS does not include friend request or user messaging features.

• Thumbs Up 2

The point of bringing Miiverse to 3ds was to get rid of the damn crappy friend code system, and without the FR system you still need dammed friend codes!

Uh, no. The point of bringing Miiverse to the 3DS is so that people can post in communities for 3DS games. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Uh, no. The point of bringing Miiverse to the 3DS is so that people can post in communities for 3DS games.

While that's cool and all, one of the important parts of any social platform is to be able to directly contact someone. I really don't understand why this is ok for Nintendo on their home console, but not on their handheld.

I didn't even know you could message people on MiiVerse to begin with so I don't really care.

While that's cool and all, one of the important parts of any social platform is to be able to directly contact someone. I really don't understand why this is ok for Nintendo on their home console, but not on their handheld.

gotta make dat Wii U look better~

• Thumbs Up 1

But the whole signing in your nintendo ID stuff would make you think, now you can add your friends on your 3ds without friend code.

And miiverse is added so makes me believe even more that friend codes are finally gone.

Edit: Oh shoot, and we can't send friend request via Miiverse? 

Wow

Edited by jordine
  • Thumbs Up 1

But isn't Nintendo Network coming to 3DS anyway? Maybe they're doing friend requests via that.

Edited by Wil348

I'm getting a Cosmo Black 3DS as an early Birthday gift in a few days. I'm really looking forward to it. Sonic:Lost World is the game I'm getting with it, and when I go Birthday shopping, I'll purchase Sonic Rush and one other game. Any recommendations? Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Phoenix Wright, and Mario 3D Land have crossed my mind. Any recommendations?  

I'm getting a Cosmo Black 3DS as an early Birthday gift in a few days. I'm really looking forward to it. Sonic:Lost World is the game I'm getting with it, and when I go Birthday shopping, I'll purchase Sonic Rush and one other game. Any recommendations? Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Phoenix Wright, and Mario 3D Land have crossed my mind. Any recommendations?  

If you wait for Black Friday, you can score the 3DS for $149.99.

Edited by Autosaver

If you wait for Black Friday, you can score the 3DS for $149.99.

My Birthday is on November 19th and my parents already bought it for me XD, they're just giving it to me a few days before my Birthday.

I didn't even know you could message people on MiiVerse to begin with so I don't really care.

gotta make dat Wii U look better~

More like they'd take the feature off Wii U as well if they honestly thought they could get away with it.

Rush Adventure instead of Rush?  It's a big improvement... but that will come in time, perhaps.  Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a game I've been looking back on more and more lately; it was mostly excellent.

Miiverse on 3DS will be limited. Won't be able to message or send friend requests to other users like we can on the Wii U.

*snip*

... I honestly don't know when I'll stop being surprised by this crap.

... I honestly don't know when I'll stop being surprised by this crap.

The trick is prior to every bombshell of regression they drop, Nintendo announces an seemingly-unrestricted feature/function that makes it look like they are finally catching up with the times.

Nintendo, masters of disappointment. 

But on a more serious note, whats the point of miiverse if you can't do those two things. I haven't really used it myself but I feel as though, those were some pretty important features to take out.

I just got my 3DS today with Sonic:Lost World! If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 0662-4011-2168!

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

Miiverse on 3DS will be limited. Won't be able to message or send friend requests to other users like we can on the Wii U.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226

OK so half assed Miiverse with half of the features taken out

that kinda defeats the purpose but okay

• Thumbs Up 8

At least I can finally find out why Metroid doesn't crawl. It's been bugging me since I first played the game. 

Yay communities!

At least I can finally find out why Metroid doesn't crawl. It's been bugging me since I first played the game. 

Yay communities!

Not gonna lie, communities can be good fun. A bit stupid, but so are most large online communities. 

• Thumbs Up 2