Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I wish my original DS worked as well now. It still powers on and such, but the hinges have pretty much worn out now and the top screen doesnt work almost at all anymore. It is very sad, since I wish it did. My 3DS seems fine right now, and I am keeping that little piece of Styrofoam like thing that comes with it between the screens as well to prevent any scratches.

I think I bought my 3DS not long after launch, and it still works fine.  There's no obvious damage or loss of function, although occasionally it's been a bit finicky about detecting when it's in the charging cradle.

I heartily disagree, i still have my original DS that works absolutely perfectly, the only reason it is broken is because I accidentally broke the hinge by dropping it one too many times, my DS lite is pretty much out of the box (a few asthetic marks) and my original 3DS is still absolutely perfect , apart from a few marks on the outside edges

Ah okay, maybe my memories a bit fuzzy then since I think my old one worked from the christmas I got it, til maybe 2009 maybe though I can't really remember when I had gotten it. Sad too because I have a bunch of gameboy games that I would play on it and without it their just collecting dust now. Sucks that the 3ds doesn't have a gameboy games port.

My Pokemon 3DS XL had a REALLY loose volume button. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for the Zelda 3DS XL. On the Zelda, the volume sticks to the spot you put it on and you rarely ever accidentally slip it.

Right, but the bullshit friend codes are still here.

Serious question - why should I care?

chill out dude. maybe go play some resogun

... I'm not mad? I'm asking why I should care. That's all there is to it.

The only reason I was really looking forward to the update was a normal account system. What else is there to care about?

That's all I'm asking.

... I'm not mad? I'm asking why I should care. That's all there is to it.

The only reason I was really looking forward to the update was a normal account system. What else is there to care about?

That's all I'm asking.

posting on miiverse is a fun way to talk about games you've played and experiences you had playing then with likeminded people. that's pretty much the reason right there.
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Players will be able to send swapnote-style text messages to other users, and access the miiverse on the GamePad even when the television is off."

original.jpg

Right, so it's like an individual twitter for each game is what I'm taking from this.

You draw things, ask questions, answer questions, and post status updates. Basically "twitter-esque updates and questions". You could have just said that.

You draw things, ask questions, answer questions, and post status updates. Basically "twitter-esque updates and questions". You could have just said that.

And you could have spent 20 seconds in a google search before running your mouth (i guess fingers in this scenario?) on yet another topic of discussion you know nothing about, and derailing yet another Nintendo thread with mindless nonsense. This forum, and by extension, me, the person known as Remz don't exist to answer half assed questions and bait from you, or anyone else for that matter.

It exists, primarily to facilitate actual discussion. You wanna know about Miiverse? Look it up and let the people who actually know about it talk instead of trying to make every discussion about what you think and what you want and what you care about. 

Did you notice the part where it does add the Nintendo Network ID (ie, an account system) or did you miss that when you were skimming images to prove your argument? Why are we even talking about this? Why do I even bother talking to you at all when you're more interested in checking off console war talking points than actual discussion? Is it because I'm at work and the only thing worse than this is writing up a privacy policy? 

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally see it more as Facebook than Twitter. You're given more freedom and there's a bunch of stuff you can do.

What I like

1. Ties Mii from console and handheld into one.

2. Shared money funds

3. Miiverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically, yeah. You can also get tips from other players surprisingly quick so it's good if you're stuck but don't want to look at a full walkthrough.

And you could have spent 20 seconds in a google search before running your mouth (i guess fingers in this scenario?) on yet another topic of discussion you know nothing about, and derailing yet another Nintendo thread with mindless nonsense. This forum, and by extension, me, the person known as Remz don't exist to answer half assed questions and bait from you, or anyone else for that matter. It exists, primarily to facilitate actual discussion. You wanna know about Miiverse? Look it up and let the people who actually know about it talk.  

Did you notice the part where it does add the Nintendo Network ID (ie, an account system) or did you miss that when you were skimming images to prove your argument? Why are we even talking about this? Why do I even bother talking to you at all when you're more interested in checking off console war talking points than actual discussion? Is it because I'm at work and the only thing worse than this is writing up a privacy policy? 

How the fuck is it a derail?? 

The current topic of discussion is Miiverse on 3DS, and I asked why it matters. You don't have to antagonize me about it. Jesus Christ.

I personally see it more as Facebook than Twitter. You're given more freedom and there's a bunch of stuff you can do.

What I like

1. Ties Mii from console and handheld into one.

2. Shared money funds

3. Miiverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically, yeah. You can also get tips from other players surprisingly quick so it's good if you're stuck but don't want to look at a full walkthrough.

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know.

Edit - 

And for that matter, where the hell are you getting the console bullshit from? I didn't even mention the god damn Vita, or any other console at all!

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a good feeling as well when you help people on Miiverse that are stuck in a game. I helped someone beat the Zavok boss battle in Lost World Wii U. :V

Also, I'm quite sad to see Fire Emblem Awakening doesn't have a 3DS community up. Certainly would be fun to see others stats and character classes... (Would be good if Awakening was like Shadow Dragon and had an online multiplayer mode. Oh well).

Also, I'm quite sad to see Fire Emblem Awakening doesn't have a 3DS community up. Certainly would be fun to see others stats and character classes... (Would be good if Awakening was like Shadow Dragon and had an online multiplayer mode. Oh well).

It is pretty weird. Maybe they think the game is a little too old to have a Miiverse community? But then again, I haven't logged in yet but I'm pretty sure there's communities for games much older than it. 

Hopefully they add it later.

How the fuck is it a derail?? 

The current topic of discussion is Miiverse on 3DS, and I asked why it matters. You don't have to antagonize me about it. Jesus Christ.

Excuse me but your attitude right now is not fucking appreciated and the reason Remy retaliated the way he did was because you were being extremely passive aggressive in your replies and you displayed absolutely no iota of respect to what he was saying. You simply derided his responses by saying "so it's just a twitter" and there is no need for this kind of behavior. I've held back on this but no fucking more, if I see you cop an attitude one more time then you're getting an immediate strike, no questions asked.

I'm so happy the camera is now activated by pressing L + R simultaneously.

You guys don't know the countless times I accidentally activated the camera.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm so happy the camera is now activated by pressing L + R simultaneously.

You guys don't know the countless times I accidentally activated the camera.

Urk, I don't like the sound of this.  My R button only works 50% of the time lately so any software that lets me use L and R interchangeably was a godsend.  I was fine with it before - click it, nothing happens, hold down, camera activates.

I don't suppose this update fixed the minute-long camera activation time for Photo Gallery by any chance did it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Urk, I don't like the sound of this. My R button only works 50% of the time lately so any software that lets me use L and R interchangeably was a godsend. I was fine with it before - click it, nothing happens, hold down, camera activates.

I don't suppose this update fixed the minute-long camera activation time for Photo Gallery by any chance did it.

Nothing happens if you click it? ... You sure? I might be wrong but I thought it instantly turned on just by tapping it.

I remember getting really annoyed with it. I'm happy with the change, personally. Used to accidentally turn the camera on a lot.