Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Why are delays announced like 2 days before it's original date sleep.png

Here's some good news.

Summary: Nintendo 3DS sales are skyward soaring! wink.png

http://content.usato...black-friday-/1

Looks like Nintendo's dreaming of a....White Christmas!

Get it cause..you know....White is the opposite of Black....and with Black Friday being.....

I'll shut up now.

Edited by PSI Freeze

Resident Evil Revelations to be bundled with Circle Pad Pro

Circle Pad Pro coming in January with new Resident Evil 3DS game

Posted by Neil Long | Wednesday 30-Nov-2011 9:32 AM

Nintendo has confirmed this morning that the new Circle Pad Pro attachment will be released in the UK on 27 January 2012, alongside Resident Evil Revelations.

The Circle Pad Pro adds an extra control scheme to the game, allowing for more traditional twin-stick style play.

It's no surprise that the new attachment is arriving alongside a Capcom-developed game - the Japanese firm helped develop the Circle Pad Pro tech for use with Monster Hunter 3G.

Resident Evil Revelations will be available as a standalone game or as a special edition bundle. The game is split into the more traditional survival horror of the Campaign mode and the recently announced Raid Mode, which takes inspiration from the recent Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

Campaign mode takes place between the events of Resident Evil 4 and 5, and tells an elaborate tale involving Resi old hands Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine plus a host of new characters.

Read plenty more about Resident Evil Revelations through that magical blue text, or tell us what you think of the Circle Pad Pro below.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/32927/resident-evil-revelations-to-be-bundled-with-circle-pad-pro/

Might pick this up, since a lot of games are supporting it.

Way to go Nintendo on ruining one of my favorite Christmas songs and making it a blatant advertisement.

http://kotaku.com/58...-ever-done-ever

I don't think much of Justin Bieber but this article is downright bile, to the way it is written all to the way the writer acts like a spoiled shithead. Never mind that this is ridiculously good advertisement for Ninty, unlike a certain other company hiring a stereotypical black kid for a dying platform in a last ditch effort to push sales in the west.

Oh wait. It's Kotaku.

• Thumbs Up 4

Way to go Nintendo on ruining one of my favorite Christmas songs and making it a blatant advertisement.

http://kotaku.com/58...-ever-done-ever

Wrong, Nintendo spent big bucks to get the 3DS into a Mariah Carey/Justin Bieber music video. And guess what? Looks like Bieber enjoyed the 3DS! Now, class, what does that mean?

Very good! It means that the rabid Bieber fans will see it, and want one for themselves! And guess what that equates to? More sales! And Sales are good! They bring the company money!

You're looking at this from a stupid standpoint. Try looking at it from a buisness standpoint next time.

You can tell it doesn't entirely focus on the 3DS, it's in there for a few seconds.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wrong, Nintendo spent big bucks to get the 3DS into a Mariah Carey/Justin Bieber music video. And guess what? Looks like Bieber enjoyed the 3DS! Now, class, what does that mean?

Very good! It means that the rabid Bieber fans will see it, and want one for themselves! And guess what that equates to? More sales! And Sales are good! They bring the company money!

You're looking at this from a stupid standpoint. Try looking at it from a buisness standpoint next time.

You can tell it doesn't entirely focus on the 3DS, it's in there for a few seconds.

Which is great for sales, but wrong for Nintendo.

They were blabbing on at E3 about how they are trying to focus more on the gamer, but then they come out with an advertisment like this, which aims the product squarely at people who aren't already gamers who they want to adopt the console they will buy only because their idol likes it. Whilst, I'm sure Nintendo will always pump out quality first-party titles (they need to, to be perfectly honest), it leads me to question what direction they are taking the 3DS in the future and what direction they're planning to take the Wii U in when that comes.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's how the DS was successful anyway, it marketed itself well to all kinds of gamers. They're not going to suddenly just say "Fuck it" to the people they pulled in with Nintendogs, Brain Age, and Layton.

• Thumbs Up 4

Exactly. As a buisness, Nintendo needs as large an audience as they can get. Casual gamers, hardcore gamers...

They're different markets. They have to cater to those markets. Do you think they're gonna just get rid of a new audience they worked so hard to reel in with the Wii and DS? No. That's stupid. They're gonna do what they can to attract new customers as well as satisfy the old customers. Hence the product placement in the music video.

Full List of Details about next Nintendo 3ds Firmware Upgrade

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=167528

1. 3D Video, and 3D Stop Motion animation videos.

2. QR code functionality will be improved

3. Transfer game files between Nintendo 3DS systems

4. New puzzles and extra Find Mii Dungeon

5. eShop will be expanded as well,You'll soon have access to game demos(for both downloadable games and retail games)

6. You'll be able to download software while your system is in Sleep Mode

7. The eShop will also support Download Codes (which will be used primarily for special promotions) and will enable users to save payment information to their system if they so so desire

8. The update will add a new application to your system's Home Menu:"Nintendo Zone" active when you're at a Nintendo 3DS hotspot location.Provides free access to exclusive content,streaming 3D videos(such as game trailers,tv ads) trivia games, and retail promotions

Also some news on the GBA titles.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/32959/nintendo-3ds-gba-ambassador-games-are-coming-this-year/

A Nintendo spokesperson told Official Nintendo Magazine that "The forthcoming 10 GBA Virtual Console titles available for registrants of the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme, will be available before the end of December 2011. We will make further announcements in due course."

Five GBA games in the 3DS Ambassador Program have been confirmed so far with five more yet to be revealed. The list of confirmed titles is as follows:-

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Metroid Fusion

WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong

Metroid Fusion actually confirmed fuck yes.

Also, watch these come out on Christmas. Nintendo would be the best Santa.

What is with the hate on the marketing all of the sudden? Nintendo's smart for actually expanding their market past the usual "core" gamers today. They would be better off by not expanding their market is what you're saying?

The casual market they captured with the Wii and DS has not left them yet.So why would it be stupid for them to expand towards preteens and kids,which they are trying to capture, judging from that video. You can't just stay with the same market for too many years and not try to expand from it.Other companies like Microsoft and Sony realized this and have tried to capture the casuals too, but unfortunately for them, the Wii already had most of the casual audience.

All this "Nintendo is being stupid for trying to expand" is BS. Peo0ple on the internet aren't the only ones who play games.

Call me a Grinch, but I have a weird hunch that the reason most people hate this type of marketing is because Justin Bieber is in it. Maybe that is the reason, maybe it isn't, but if it is then all I can say is, really?

• Thumbs Up 2

Everyone is just focusing on the Biebs, what about the people Sexy Santa Mariah will pull in?

25zh4eg.jpg

Edited by Kringle Of Fate

Edited by LunarEdge

Look, it was fine that they wanted to capture the casual market back when the DS had just come out, but people need to acknowledge that times have changed. The casual market doesn't care about Nintendo or Sony anymore, all they want are Apple's new devices. Logical or not, that's how it is, and it isn't going to change until Nintendo ditches real gamers completely ("Why would I pay $40 or more to get a Nintendo game when I can get one on my iPhone/iPad/iPod for less than $2?"). So with that in mind... forget the freaking casual market. We've kept Nintendo alive for several decades now, and we'll happily do so for another few decades as well. Is it too much to ask that they repay us by focusing on us, rather than the people who would ditch them the second the iPhone goes on sale?

It seems Nintendo is getting that they need to appeal to core gamers much more than they have, albeit much slower than we'd hope.

It's like shoving Math equations into a kid that just doesn't believe it will ever do him any good. And when he finally believes he might need them for his future, he studies just enough to get a passing grade.

I love Nintendo, but they do need to appeal to core gamers more than they have. Hopefully their promises for the future actually hold up.

Edited by Big Ran Over By A Reindeer

You're implying that you seriously see this as Nintendo flipping off the core market, Dissident. What has happened to people these days that they would take any form of advertising not branded to them as an act of war against them?

What has happened to people these days that they would take any form of advertising not branded to them as an act of war against them?

I know you've been here since 2006.

Oh yes, yes. Wii is bad, Nintendo hates us. Heard it all before, what I'm getting is how do people get the mindset that a company should only cater to them, and when they don't 100% of the time, it should be taken as some sort of great offense. E3 2008 was balls but, that was the only year that seemed even close to insulting.

Maybe I'm just too old to give a fuck.

Edited by Kringle Of Fate
  • Thumbs Up 6