Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

I'm very glad they've went with an older man, it's about time too. I wanted Eleven to be older, and Moffat's original plan was for him to be older (And then cast a 26 year old), so I'm a happy duckling.

• Thumbs Up 3

Interesting choice! Going from the playful childishness of Matt, especially him being the youngest actor cast in the role, to this much more mature actor makes me wonder how Moffat is going to write for him. I'd like to see the Doctor be a bit more dark and mysterious this time possibly, giving a bit of an Eccleston vibe. Looking forward to seeing him on screen! 

I'm really interested in the costume.

"Fucking bow ties. What the fuck was I thinking..."

• Thumbs Up 2

*Davros Monologuing*

12th Doctor: "Oh shut up ya wrinkly Fucking Cunt!". *Points Sonic Srcewdriver* 

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, Peter Capaldi is the oldest since William Hartnell, both were 55 when cast. I look forward to seeing him.

Ok so a few things 

• I am glad that they have gone back to having an older Doctor

• I am laughing at everyone that says he is too old. I mean it's not like he's a couple hundred (if not thousand) year old being or anything! laugh.png 
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ok so a few things 

• I am glad that they have gone back to having an older Doctor

• I am laughing at everyone that says he is too old. I mean it's not like he's a couple hundred (if not thousand) year old being or anything! laugh.png

Yup. The age thing is ridiculous considering he's 55, what Hartnell was when he was cast....

I didn't realise that Peter Capaldi was in Torchwood - Children of Earth. From 0:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9MWzF2bpQ

I'm pretty happy about this. I was really hoping for someone older this time (and last time, actually).

Fingers crossed that a change this significant means that they'll also ease off on the silly catchphrases a bit. If I never hear timey wimey again, it'll be too soon.

• Thumbs Up 5

What do you guys think about Moffat's quote?

"I like that Helen Mirren has been saying the next Doctor should be a woman. I would like to go on record and say that the queen should be played by a man"

Personally pisses me off, it's almost as if he takes it personally, he clearly didn't "like" that at all.

Edited by SuperLink

"I like that Helen Mirren has been saying the next Doctor should be a woman. I would like to go on record and say that the queen should be played by a man"

Personally pisses me off, it's almost as if he takes it personally, he clearly didn't "like" that at all.

I don't want to get on your bad side but I think he was joking around.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I find ironic is you ask most females they want the Doctor to stay male.

I have to say I'm very pleased about the casting of Peter Capaldi. Hes a great actor and has the potential to be very good in the role. I'm also relieved that they didn't cast someone unsuitable.

Edited by Doctor Sοnic

I don't want to get on your bad side but I think he was joking around.

It's not that easy to get on my bad side, I just wanted to know what everyone else thought. This is the guy who said something like "women crave marriage" or something like that after all.

What I find ironic is you ask most females they want the Doctor to stay male.

I wouldn't say that. But there are a lot of people who want him to stay male, as well as lots who want a female Doctor.

Moffat's a smug asshole, news at eleven.

Good thing they didn't fall into the trap of deviation though.

I was looking up info about Peter Capaldi and I found an article speculating that he was the new master and was too old and famous to play the doctor.

I couldn't help but chuckle at how wrong they were.

But anyways, very interesting choice for 12. I'm kind of expecting him to be a bit more dark than Matt Smith's portrayal, but judging from the script that was shown from the Doctor Who Magazine, he'll still retain the quirkiness the doctor is well known for. 

Though it was very interesting that where I lived, the special started at twelve 'o clock on 8/4... Which added together is 12.

The time thing was a very interesting coincidence, but the date had to be intentional! 

Edited by Mr. Mayhem!

I am laughing at everyone that says he is too old. I mean it's not like he's a couple hundred (if not thousand) year old being or anything! laugh.png

The run-up to the announcement has seen forums absolutely awash with racist, sexist, and latterly, ageist comments.  I'm glad to see at least one class of bigots spited tonight.

Interesting choice, I was hoping for someone a bit younger but I guess an older Doctor is something that the series has been needing.

Interesting choice, I was hoping for someone a bit younger but I guess an older Doctor is something that the series has been needing.

The past two have been young, Christopher Eccleston was the last old Doctor. I feel it's a better change of pace

Eccleston was 41 when he played the Doctor. Does that really count as old? It's not like he even looked old or anything.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not that easy to get on my bad side, I just wanted to know what everyone else thought. This is the guy who said something like "women crave marriage" or something like that after all.

I wouldn't say that. But there are a lot of people who want him to stay male, as well as lots who want a female Doctor.

I just don't think it is going to happen. If they had confidence they could pull it off they would. I don't think the show is ready yet and I would like the Doctor to stay male regardless of age or race as well they can play the part well. A female wouldn't bother me then as long they can pull it off which I am unsure about them doing it at this moment in time. As long as the Doctor doesn't become a cheap eccentric Buffy Clone, be obnoxiously pro-feminist or super sexy big titties. As long as the Doctor is still Doctor.

Of course every Doctor is Different but they do retain certain quirks as well as a female can pull that off then I would find too much trouble but I am not going to lie that I am unsure on the idea.

As for Moffet it was a bloody joke, the guy doesn't come across as a Sexiest to me. If he was that bad then female actors would want nothing to do with him. 

As for Moffet it was a bloody joke, the guy doesn't come across as a Sexiest to me. If he was that bad then female actors would want nothing to do with him. 

Moffat is sexist, whether intentionally or unintentionally he doubtlessly is, and it unfortunately "shines" through in his plots where every major female in the series cannot have a happy ending until they are either married or have a child, before which point their life revolves around the strongest male around (the Doctor, I have a right mind to call the series bordering on "harem" genre at times).

And, like I said, at one point Moffat actually said something like "women crave marriage". He actually said this. He's sexist.

He's not a terrible writer by any means, but his writing is problematic and I worry that the series won't be able to grow up until either Moffat grows up, or leaves as head writer.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2