Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

I've been losing interest in Doctor Who lately since we haven't seen much of it in ages, but that trailer has made me really excited! What a shame I spoiled myself up there about Amy though. Not looking forward to seeing

her die. T_T

I've been losing interest in Doctor Who lately since we haven't seen much of it in ages, but that trailer has made me really excited! What a shame I spoiled myself up there about Amy though. Not looking forward to seeing

her die. T_T

Yes, quite.

I hope River Song is in the new series.

During the Olympics. the BBC has been parading their new season of drama each night with "specially-made feature length trailers," and Doctor Who has received a 90 second trailer.

Here it is.

I believe it begins on the 25th of August, running for 5 episodes before the next series of Merlin begins (why can't they push one to a Sunday evening slot?), then it'll be back at Christmas for the rest of its run.

The Doctor against all those Daleks... This I need to see!

Good to know that the Series 7 starts soon. Why such a long gap between the first five episodes and the rest of them though?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see that the new trailer was posted already..

Edited by Kevin

Um, I just posted that up there, Kevin. wink.png I would ask you to spoilerize the video though, not everyone wants to know what's coming, thanks!

I really don't like "100s of Daleks" stories. One or two Daleks are scary but when you have millions of them you just know there's gonna be some kind of "magic reset button" that gets rid of them.

I really don't like "100s of Daleks" stories. One or two Daleks are scary but when you have millions of them you just know there's gonna be some kind of "magic reset button" that gets rid of them.

I agree, the Daleks seem far more menacing, and indeed the stories in general seem more skillfully devised, when there are only a few of them, or just the one. But I'll keep an open mind on this one, as it seems to be a bit different to your average Dalek En Masse affair.

I hope River Song is in the new series.

She is. Thinking about it, I think I would've preferred for her to have had another regeneration before her current form; Claudia Black could've made a brilliant River Song, if her performances on Stargate SG-1 and Farscape are anything to go by.

Not sure if it's been said here or everyone already knows but, They are announcing an iconic star at midnight on Twitter. I think it's for the 50th anniversary and I hope it's an old Doctor!

An iconic star? Do we know if it's a Doctor Who star, or just a general famous figure who'll be in the next series?

Also, Ben Browder of Farscape and Stargate SG-1 fame will be in episode #3 of this upcoming series, playing a character named Isaac. Really looking forward to that, he's a great actor. It's just a shame Claudia Black, is long-time co-star in both Farscape and SG-1, won't be appearing alongside him again. They make a great team. :wub:

An iconic star? Do we know if it's a Doctor Who star, or just a general famous figure who'll be in the next series?

Also, Ben Browder of Farscape and Stargate SG-1 fame will be in episode #3 of this upcoming series, playing a character named Isaac. Really looking forward to that, he's a great actor. It's just a shame Claudia Black, is long-time co-star in both Farscape and SG-1, won't be appearing alongside him again. They make a great team. wub.png

On Twitter they just said "Iconic Star". I think they may mean Doctor Who, but I'll find out at midnight and post it here if you want?

On Twitter they just said "Iconic Star". I think they may mean Doctor Who, but I'll find out at midnight and post it here if you want?

Post it in here, but if it seems like it might spoil something (e.g. if the person has starred before as a certain character) please spoiler box it, m'kay? Thanks. :)

Post it in here, but if it seems like it might spoil something (e.g. if the person has starred before as a certain character) please spoiler box it, m'kay? Thanks. smile.png

m'kay!

Hey everyone! The person appearing in the new series is...

Richard E. Grant. I think for Christmas, may just be a rumor though.

Edited by Rainbow Ring

Oh my dad is REALLY not going to be happy when he finds that out... He can't stand the actor in question, the only thing worse would be adding James Nesbitt.

I don't have an opinion on that actor, so I'll judge the performance on its own merits.

The actor has done some very funny stuff for the BBC in the past, and has a sort of history with Doctor Who too. Thumbs up from me!

• 4 weeks later...

You won't be set until you've watched all five mini-episodes of Pond Life, detailing the events leading up to this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roI3s_iDiEU&hd=1

Part 3 is here, but due to forum restrictions, alas I cannot embed it in this post

Yup, I've been keeping up with them. Part 4 came out today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tures/pond-life

The BBC have an archive on their Doctor Who page.

And if anyone is interested,http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00xz5hp An interview with Steven Moffat talking about the Daleks and how and why he's making them scary again.

Edited by Rainbow Ring

Already watched the first 4 parts number three being my favourite. smile.png

Ood on a Loo!

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Episode of Pond Life is up! It takes a completely different tone on things, really makes me want to know how Episode 1 of Series 7 begins.

Serious Spoiler if you haven't seen part 5

With Rory leaving the house there, I want to know how he comes into Asylum of The Daleks.

At Slough Station today, Nick Briggs, the voice of the Daleks, did an announcement:

Film posters for some of the episodes:

s07e02_wall_16x9.jpg

s07e03_wall_16x9.jpg

s07e04_wall_16x9.jpg

s07e05_wall_16x9.jpg

I love how they're doing the film posters for each episode. It gives them a kind of grand feeling.

s07e02_wall_16x9.jpg

I have had it with these Mother F*cking Dinosaurs on this Mother F*cking Spaceship!!!!

I apologize for the crappy reference, I just couldn't resist when I saw the title. XD

So I've been watching more and more Doctor Who episodes. At the moment, since I think that's what BBC America has been showing the most for a while, I'd say I love the 9th doctor the most. Compared to number 10 and 11, he's very angsty, but there's something I find charming about him whenever I see him act giddy and happy. Though I number 10 is a very close to my favorite.

I've only seen three episodes of the 11th doctor and I like him from what I've seen. Though It was a stupid feeling when I realized that the first episode I've watched of him was actually a season finale. XP

I'm looking forward to seeing this upcoming season this weekend! I gotta start watching more episodes on my DVR though, because Doctor Who is on every day, and it's taking a lot of space on in my playlist. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I heard in "The Angels Take Manhattan" the Statue of Liberty is going to be a Weeping Angel. Which sounds brilliant! I can't wait to see that!

Edited by Patticus
Episode spoilers go in spoiler boxes. This is your only warning.

I was watching through the First Doctor's run to pass the time between seasons, but then I reached The Web Planet and really couldn't find the desire to finish that particular serial. I guess I should just skip it and move on, but the completionist in me considers it blasphemy, terrible as that story is. Either way, I should probably get back to it.

...After a bit of Season 7 :-3