Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

As for bad sides of the fanbase, as a recent fan I haven't really seen any bad sides other than Old Who fans bashing new Who and vice versa and those complaining that Tennant is gone but those comments were on Youtube so I hardly take it seriously or count it.

Avoid fansites, then. Trust me on this. It's like some kind of civil war between old and new fans. Not unlike Sonic fans, I guess, but I feel both sides of this particular conflict are-somehow, someway-more irrational in their judgements. Old fans seem to hate EVERYTHING about the new series and vice versa.

I mean really, you can't tell me there is absolutely nothing to like at all. How much effort could you possibly be putting into your judgement with conclusions like that?

Doctor Who: P.S.

Find out what happened to Rory's dad and the Ponds in this unshot scene by Chris Chibnall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00zn6ff

http://www.guardian....ernative-ending

Beautiful. Loved it.

Why wasn't this filmed? Its was quite moving actually, good job for posting this Patticus If I hadn't had saw this I would of felt bad for Rory's Father never knowing what had happened to his Son and Daughter-in Law. smile.png

If demand is high enough, it might yet be filmed for inclusion as an extra scene for the inevitably DVD box set or something.

I quite like it the way it is, though.

That was a nice scene since it at least dealt with Rory's Dad and confirms Amy wasn't just taking River's advice to "never show the damage" by writing a fake afterword.

But... still not satisfied. Their exit is still full of unexplained holes and awkward dramatic conveniences.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

You guys are going to want to watch these (top first, then bottom):

Looks exciting and Christmassy!

I really like Strax the Sontaran, he's just awesome funny. The snow villains look really good too. Anybody got any idea if part two of the series is supposed to start with this special or any time around it?

I really like Strax the Sontaran, he's just awesome funny. The snow villains look really good too. Anybody got any idea if part two of the series is supposed to start with this special or any time around it?

It was confirmed there would be a Cyber-man episode. Not sure whether it'll open part 2 but I know it's written by Neil Gaiman.

Damned Moon!

I am looking forward to it, though the assertions made by Smith and Coleman about his companions character weren't terribly necessary. We were already speculating anyway.

It was confirmed there would be a Cyber-man episode. Not sure whether it'll open part 2 but I know it's written by Neil Gaiman.

A Cyberman episode written by Neil Gaiman? Wow, we might actually get our very first high quality, well-written Cyberman episode! One hopes they don't chunter out that awful "DELETE" catchphrase though. CURSE YOU RTD!

For the new page:

You guys are going to want to watch these (top first, then bottom):

Looks exciting and Christmassy!

Hey Pat, more interesting news.

There's a good chance the Gaiman Cyberman episode will feature Warwick Davis

220px-Warwick_Davis_interviewed_2.jpg

I am very happy. I'd be even happier if one of the episodes features Karl Pilkington though.

Edited by Gerkuman

I just spent 30 min trying to type up a post... then got a system crash... and lost it all =(

So here is the shortened version.

Has anyone been reading this...

Star-Trek-Doctor-Who-Assimilation2-6.jpg

Long story short... This comic is one of the best series I have read in years!

I was quite hesitant at first, we know how these cross overs go, the heroes meet, they fight, they find their arch nemesis' are plotting together... they unite... they fight... they win.

NO!

This breaks that idea completely, Plot spoilers ahoy

the Doctor and Picard, whilst hesitant about how the Doctor got on his ship, talk and work together right away, the Borg/Cybermen alliance is destroying the alpha quadrant... however... something happens which changes all that. The Cybermen detect the Tardis and panic, the Borg not realising the threat of the Doctor don't understand the Cybermens panic, they're totally unprepaired for the Cyber Controller taking control of the higher functions of the Borg Collective, effectively making them useless. It's now basically the entire Star Trek universe Vs the Cybermen who have stolen the entire Borg Collectives technology and knowledge.

Ok it's more complex and very very well written than I've made it out to be. But trust me, it really does feel like a great episode of Star Trek/Doctor Who.

Theres an amazing scene were the Doctor takes Picard to the future to see what will happen if the Cybermen and the Borg go to war... have to say.. when you see the Klingons converted to Cybermen and their logo on their metal chest plates... you just wish this would get a TV version.

I can't rate this enough, they're got so much right with this, like Worf becomming annoyed at the Doctor finding everything fascinating and wanting to examine everything. Or from Data and the Doctor finding one another 'curious.' Though I wish they made that scene longer. Theres also little things. Like how at one point Rory visits sick bay and is picking up the medical tools, wishing that he had technology like it at his hospital as it could save millions. To how Riker tells the Doctor about 'Wolf 359' and the doctor says to himself 'again... the bad wolf...'

The only negative, due to the art style, the action can at times seem very 'still' especially when you see the enterprise going to warp, theres little sense of movement. But whats awesome is how well the Doctor actually fits in with the Enterprise, he never once sticks out and it really does feel like an episode of Star Trek at times.

One thing I do love, the covers.... theres different varients each week, but what they keep doing is taking images from the movies of Star Trek, or promotional images from the Doctor Who and splicing them with the alternative universes, and it works! Oh god it works so well.

First-Contact.jpg57_307025_0_StarTrekTheNextGenerationDocto.jpg

I will admit the first 2 issues are quite slow to get off the ground, but once you get into issues 3/4, it really does pick up and becomes amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone like 3 pictures of the Christmas special? Then click the spoiler below! (It does contain spoilers of the monster if you're staying away from them)

1b3GW.jpg

d5ltk.jpg

GFHo4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So, if you've been following Doctor Who's Twitter or Facebook you'll have seen this new TARDIS interior,

p012thfz.jpg

If you have seen it in the picture above, what do you think? I personally don't think it looks as good as the previous TARDISes of the new Doctor Who, but I'll still get used to it. It reminds me of the original TARDIS, which is great. Recently Steven Moffat announced the new theme song would be more reminiscent of the original theme, as well as the opening title movie being changed too(Though it's not been said if that will be more classic Who).

So, thoughts?

This is all influenced by the impending anniversary, isn't it? It could be going somewhere else too, as it looks a lot closer to the design of mysterious ship in The Lodger.

It's a lot more Classic Who than the previous two interiors, which should please long-time fans, and I'm sure we'll all become quite accustomed to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So ever since my sister and I got into doctor who, the show's actually become a household name, around here. We've seen 9 10 and 11(So far) and my parents have enjoyed them quite a bit.

However, they both can't stand Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. My dad, because he finds Eccleston's acting to be very forced and doesn't like the different take the writers went with and My mom for similar reasons as my dad.

Overall, it's pretty fun to watch the show with the family. I finished the 9th doctor series and watched most of the 11th doctor series so far. I still need to finish the 10th doctor when I get the chance. I did say last time that the 9th is my favorite, but over time, I really can't make a final decision as to which one is my favorite. It keeps changing. Damn my indecisive mind! 

So ever since my sister and I got into doctor who, the show's actually become a household name, around here. We've seen 9 10 and 11(So far) and my parents have enjoyed them quite a bit.

However, they both can't stand Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. My dad, because he finds Eccleston's acting to be very forced and doesn't like the different take the writers went with and My mom for similar reasons as my dad.

Overall, it's pretty fun to watch the show with the family. I finished the 9th doctor series and watched most of the 11th doctor series so far. I still need to finish the 10th doctor when I get the chance. I did say last time that the 9th is my favorite, but over time, I really can't make a final decision as to which one is my favorite. It keeps changing. Damn my indecisive mind! 

I've tried to convert some of my family. My brother watched part of an episode and liked it, and my Dad watched some with me, though his reactions were hard to read. That's as far as its gone, unfortunately. They're both Trekkies, so I feel this is right up their alley.

Though my brother and I have fun comparing some of the more laughable special effects from the early years of both shows. He shows me Kirk fighting a rubber lizard man, I show him a giant ant costume. He shows me whatever the hell this thing is and I show him the original Cyberman. It makes for some good family bonding.

That is interesting because I love Christopher Eccleston he was a nice change of pace to have a Northern English Doctor. It was so refreshing to have a "E by Eck" than a "Pip Pip Cheerio" stereotypical Englishman.

"What about me? I saw the Fall of Troy, World War V. I pushed boxes at the Boston Tea Party. Now I'm gonna die in a dungeon. In Cardiff!"

Love that line....tongue.png

Speaking of Eccleston:

Woah there, what's with this sudden avoidance on the subject of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary? What happened to the whole "I want nothing to do with anything" attitude from before? I'm not holding my breath or anything here because I still highly doubt he'd actually want to come back, but I can't help but think of how cool it would be to see him, Tennant, and Smith all onscreen together (not to mention any other Doctors that might decide to come back).

EDIT: Sorry, the video isn't embedding for some reason.

Edited by Speederino

That is interesting because I love Christopher Eccleston he was a nice change of pace to have a Northern English Doctor. It was so refreshing to have a "E by Eck" than a "Pip Pip Cheerio" stereotypical Englishman.

Love that line....tongue.png

I really loved him too. Sure he was different, but that's actually why I enjoyed him. Plus as a guy who watches a lot of anime with quite a bit of angsty mopey characters, it's refreshing to see a character with a sad backstory who can pull off acting quirky at the same time and still have some angst to him.

Speaking of Eccleston:

Woah there, what's with this sudden avoidance on the subject of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary? What happened to the whole "I want nothing to do with anything" attitude from before? I'm not holding my breath or anything here because I still highly doubt he'd actually want to come back, but I can't help but think of how cool it would be to see him, Tennant, and Smith all onscreen together (not to mention any other Doctors that might decide to come back).

EDIT: Sorry, the video isn't embedding for some reason.

Yeah, I could have sworn he said he didn't want to return since he didn't like reprising roles apparently. I'd be actually be surprised if he  returns for the 50th. David Tennant on the other hand is pretty much guaranteed to return, after all, he loves the show and he loved the role, so It'll be great to see him again.

I'm also hoping to see some of the old doctors who are available. I've been trying to find ways of watching the 4th doctor series (My dad's favorite) but having no luck though.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they do bring back some of the classic Doctors, I wonder how they're going to explain some of the...err...changes. When Davidson returned there was a quick remark about time displacement making him look older, but both of the Bakers, well, let's just say they've gained more then just a few wrinkles. Especially Colin.

I really loved him too. Sure he was different, but that's actually why I enjoyed him. Plus as a guy who watches a lot of anime with quite a bit of angsty mopey characters, it's refreshing to see a character with a sad backstory who can pull off acting quirky at the same time and still have some angst to him.

Its not some much the angst as all Doctors have this trait. For me it was the fact the Doctor was being played by someone from Salford which is a rough part of Northern England. smile.png

If they do bring back some of the classic Doctors, I wonder how they're going to explain some of the...err...changes. When Davidson returned there was a quick remark about time displacement making him look older, but both of the Bakers, well, let's just say they've gained more then just a few wrinkles. Especially Colin.

Yeah, that's something I'm wondering as well. And like the ninth, I also would be surprised if Colin Baker would return for the 50th. In an interview he said he wouldn't return unless the writers gave him a good role as the sixth doctor. I've heard some negative things from the sixth doctor era, but I haven't seen it for myself, so I really can't judge or say. 

Yeah, that's something I'm wondering as well. And like the ninth, I also would be surprised if Colin Baker would return for the 50th. In an interview he said he wouldn't return unless the writers gave him a good role as the sixth doctor. I've heard some negative things from the sixth doctor era, but I haven't seen it for myself, so I really can't judge or say. 

At the very least, I think Colin would be more open to the idea of coming back than Eccleston. Eccleston never really "understood" Doctor Who and reportedly didn't like working on the show that much. Colin on the other hand is a huge Doctor Who fanboy who looks back on his run rather fondly despite all the extreme horseshit he had to put up with from the producers and studio bigwigs (Google it, some of it is un-fucking-believable).

I've never actually seen any episodes with the Sixth Doctor, but everyone seems to agree that Colin himself was fantastic, or would have been had the producer been something other than 90% cocaine.