Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Wow... well where to begin?

There were many points I thought they would leave so many things unanswered, but in the end there were only a few, and there's a large promise of an overarcing plot, things that will be solved in the next series. Brilliant!

I just love how they resolved it all really. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. The Doctor going back to give Rory advice.. oh god Rory. Anyone who didn't like Rory before, I can't see how you could watch this episode and still not like him. He was fucking brilliant, throughout the whole thing, he was just the absolute pinnacle of humanity. The stories of the centurion protecting the Pandorica no matter what... just unbelievable that Rory did all that really. And the best part is, he was only a piece of plastic with human emotions and feelings. Amazing.

His line at the end "How could we forget the Doctor?" really brought a smile to my face. I was worried the writers were going to make it so that only Amy remembered.

I'm so glad he's sticking around. How do you think they'll get rid of him in the Christmas Special/Next Season? I know the writers don't really like The Doctor travelling with two companions...

So yes. The time rewind bit. Lots of potential plotholes there, but I love how he revisited the Weeping Angels episode, that was really bloody clever of them (nice catch Glenn!)

And to everyone expecting him to visit Amy whilst she was in the voting/polling place, I guess that's still a mystery?

I probably have more to write. I'm gonna sit on my thoughts for a bit and make another post maybe later.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

THAT KICKED ASS

It's all I need to say. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't think it was brilliant, myself. It certainly wasn't bad, I just have a hard time getting over the fact that Moffat's basically saying 'You wanna know who the bad-guy is? Tough.' There wasn't any tension in it really. But it was clever, especially the time travel-ly bits, and overall I liked it.

I haven't watched it yet, but, YAY! RORY'S BACK! Oh, how I missed you and your witiness :D.

I liked the finale, it was a right sight better than series 4's convoluted mess but I wasn't "blown away" by it either. I feel that for all of his faults Russell T. Davies did right some wonderful and exciting series finales, in fact Journey's End and The End Of Time are the only two I never really liked much. This one was a little underwhelming in parts and I kept expecting the tension to really build and it never did. It just plodded along being good but never exciting.

The Big Bang, despite it's name, it rather subtle and clever as an episode; it focuses more on the progression and alteration of time. Overall though I did like it but now series 6 can't come sooner.

Mediocre. I'm glad they had fun with the crossing-your-own-timeline stuff; the Doctor really should do that more.

Still don't like Rory; he's a whiny confused mess, and standing around like a numpty for 2,000 years was less "D'awwwww" than "Durrrrr".

At the end, when River came to the Doc outside the Tardis, I was hoping we were going to be done away with both Amy and Rory and go with some Doctor / River companionship. Alas.

Also, what are Daleks doing begging for mercy?

I haven't really got time to post my entire thoughts on the finale so I will just quickly say it was a rather enjoyable timey-wimey romp with some great moments (fezzes <3). Not necessarily my favourite finale ever, but certainly a very clever one.

My only gripe is that when The Doctor gets shot by the Dalek, he doesn't die/regenerate, he survives - yet when The Tenth Doctor is so much as caught by a Dalek laser he is forced to regenerate... but I guess he goes into the Pandorica afterwards and that keeps him alive, then Big Bang 2 happens and everything restarts itself and... yeah. I guess it's not a total plot hole.

In other news, OMG SERIES 6!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10UnmQ5ztBw

Do want.

I bricked it through about half of that, but ultimately it was one of the best serieses I've ever seen. (Sorry Tennant, I love your doctor more, but you didn't have 100% Steven Moffat action)

My only gripe is that when The Doctor gets shot by the Dalek, he doesn't die/regenerate, he survives - yet when The Tenth Doctor is so much as caught by a Dalek laser he is forced to regenerate... but I guess he goes into the Pandorica afterwards and that keeps him alive, then Big Bang 2 happens and everything restarts itself and... yeah. I guess it's not a total plot hole.

Also by that point the Tenth Doctor had been through an awful lot whilst the Eleventh Doctor's body is still quite new. The Pandorica healing him would have helped too though yeah. :P

Do want.

Oh god abgfhuadbvijwahjgnusih. O-O

So, FINALLY, River Song will be revealed next series! Took long enough.

That was one amazing finale. It didn't need action and explosions to make it amazing. Loved the ending. Caitlin Blackwood, while still being a little hard for me to understand because of her accent, was great as Amelia. (Fun Fact: Caitlin Blackwood is the cousin of Karen Gillian). I hope we learn what that sinister voice was soon.

Also: Fez's are kewl ;)

Pretty great finale, a lot more character/time travel driven and tidy than the previous "SAVE THE DAY WITH THE POWER OF HEART/FRIENDSHIP/ETC" some of RTD's endings had. My only annoyance is the day was only saved due to a paradox (the doctor only escaped becuase he already escaped and came back because he already escaped and came back because he already...), but it was handled so well I didn't care.

I didn't like Part 1, it seemed over the top and ridiculous, but as a build-up to THIS episode, all is forgiven.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck yes Michael Gambon.

Let's hope he can turn corners without turning upside-down this time. ;)

It's also been confirmed that the story for the hour-long Christmas special will be a Doctor Who version of Charles Dickens' much loved "A Christmas Carol".

Inb4 people demanding David Tennant play the Ghost of Doctor's Past.

Ghost of the Past should be played by Tom Baker.

Is there really any other choice?

Not really. Baker would of course be the best choice for the role if it somehow exists. But you know what NuWhovians are like. Tennant all the way, bitches.

Good choice but he looks nothing like he did when he was Doctor Who back in the day. The last time he dressed up as the Doctor for a speical he looked like a bloated pimp seriously, Big Poppa fourth Doctor!

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a thing on the news right now about Doctor Who music being performed at the Royal Albert hall... Holy cow man it looks great. Cybermen walking through the orchestra, the vampires of venice, even those reptilian thingys coming through the floor!

It's going to be live on BBC Radio 3, but it is being recorded for a broadcast later this year.

Theres a thing on the news right now about Doctor Who music being performed at the Royal Albert hall... Holy cow man it looks great. Cybermen walking through the orchestra, the vampires of venice, even those reptilian thingys coming through the floor!

It's going to be live on BBC Radio 3, but it is being recorded for a broadcast later this year.

I check Amazon nearly every day for a new Doctor Who soundtrack.

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Yes it's the new series, without question the music is from Mr Smiths era. There might be a few classic tunes, but based on the news report. it's Matts music.

• 3 weeks later...

Torchwood Season 4 writers announced

Davies, who created the "Doctor Who" spinoff, will of course write several episodes of the 10-part series, but other writers for Season 4 include John Shiban ("Breaking Bad," "Supernatural," "The X-Files"), Doris Egan ("House," "Tru Calling," "Dark Angel'), Jane Espenson ("Game of Thrones," "Battlestar Galactica," "Buffy") and John Fay (a U.K. "Torchwood" writer)

That is some writing team. That's made me far more confident about the series. It's also been given the subtitle "The New World". :)

YES. VERY YES. At last. 8D And wow, 2 discs for only five episodes. Wish all the previous series could have got that treatment (still sad we never got all the versions of the final movement of "Martha's Quest" from Series 3, for example).