Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

So, two things about "The Silence" from the last series.

Moffat has implied that the Silence is a group of people several times. On Doctor Who Confidential, he said "who are the Silence?", and in an interview said that Series 6 was about who "they" are, implying it to be a group or number of people and not simply one. It was later confirmed Piers Wenger in Sci Fi magazine, in reference to series 6, that the Silence is the name of a terrifying species known as Silents who posses both physical and non-physical forms.

Well, that's interesting.

And remember Abigail's song from the Christmas Special?

The final lines of Abigail's Song repeats the line "Silence will fall / Silence will fall all around".

Some sad news. Nicholas Courtney who played the very popular character Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart has died, aged 81.

He first appeared as Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart in the 1968 story 'The Web of Fear', having previously played a different role a few years earlier.

He returned to the role of Lethbridge-Stewart (promoted to Brigadier) less than a year later and was a regular character during the early 70s. He played the Brigadier on multiple occasions during the 80s as well as in the 90s in independent Doctor Who spin offs as well as the charity special 'Dimensions in Time'. His most recent appearance was in the Sarah Jane Adventures story 'Enemy of the Bane' in 2008.

Nick continued to be involved with Doctor Who throughout the reminder of his life and regularly appeared at conventions. I never got to meet him myself but I know he was always enthusiastic about the show.

Rest in Peace Nick.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/02/dwn230211003008-nicholas-courtney-1929.html

Edited by Doctor Sοnic

I've never really watched the classic series of Doctor Who but I know that the Brigadier was one of the most memorable characters from the show's original run, and this is undoubtedly very sad news for longtime fans.

May we salute in his honour.

Sorry to double post but this is relatively interesting news.

There will be a special 6 minute Doctor Who sketch airing on BBC One as part of the Comic Relief festivities on Friday 18th March.

What's so appealing about that, you say?

TWO AMY PONDS.

doctor%20who%20red%20nose%20day%202011%201.jpg

I think a lot of people's dreams have just come true.

Ahem.

Oh.. and here's another, slightly less interesting, pic...

doctor%20who%20red%20nose%20day%202011%202.jpg

TWO AMY PONDS

Is there anywhere that I'll be able to watch this on loop?

James Corden returning to Doctor Who

James Corden will reprise his role as Craig Owens in the sixth series of Doctor Who, it has been confirmed.

Corden made his debut in last year's episode 'The Lodger' which saw The Doctor - played by Matt Smith - move into his flat. A previously revealed trailer for the upcoming series featured a glimpse of the interior of a timeship that featured in the episode.

The BBC show's official website stated: "He became firm friends with the Doctor and we're now looking forward to seeing that friendship renewed!"

Speaking last year, Corden commented: "There's been no talk of my return. I'd love another adventure - it would be great! I'm sort of disappointed I didn't get to go in the Tardis."

It has not yet been confirmed which episode Corden will return in or if Daisy Haggard will reprise her role as Sophie.

Doctor Who will return to BBC One later in the spring.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a305928/james-corden-returning-to-doctor-who.html

What's more, he will also be returning in the two-part series finale (6x12, 6x13).

drinkspitod8.gif

Why won't Corden just DIE.

:angry:

That episode is good though, so I don't see a problem with the guy returning. I just think he should stop doing the rest of his not very funny shows. :P

Why doesn't he go into serious acting, he's pretty good at it!

Edited by Gerkuman

Is there anywhere that I'll be able to watch this on loop?

I certainly hope so.

And if there's two Amy Ponds now, surely they're not going to need both all the time are they? I'd be happy to take one off of their hands... :P

@Patticus: What with him reprising his role and the second TARDIS from The Lodger appearing in the Series 6 trailer, certainly makes you think that episode holds a lot more significance than we first thought.

Torchwood casting news:

7429802_tml.jpg

Wayne Knight (Jurassic Park, Third Rock From The Sun etc)

Ernie_Hudson.jpg

Ernie Hudson (Fuck yeah: Winston from Ghostbusters)

c_thomas_howell_x.jpg

C. Thomas Howell (E.T., Red Dawn)

Torchwood gets those guys while Doctor Who gets James Corden. :lol:

Just goes to show how much the BBC values the Doctor, doesn't it? :angry: Still, with any luck it should continue the steady upward climb of quality the show has been ungoing since its inception. The last series was an outstanding piece of television, RTD's best work, I can't wait for this to come out.

Seriously Patt, James Corden's episode was great. I enjoyed his character and his relationship with The Doctor was great (The toothbrush was hilarious).

7429802_tml.jpg

Wayne Knight (Jurassic Park, Third Rock From The Sun etc)

Owww I like the sound of that. He makes me chuckle.

Ernie_Hudson.jpg

Ernie Hudson (Fuck yeah: Winston from Ghostbusters)

HOORAY!

I hope he gets to say "I've seen shit that will turn you white!"

Wait, now there's TWO Comic Relief episodes?

Steven Moffat has revealed that Comic Relief's Doctor Who "special mini adventure" will form two episodes and is "not a spoof".

Moffat told SFX: "Two episodes. Two mini-episodes. Very, very small episodes - maybe eight minutes in total, so that’s around four minutes each. It’s not a spoof. It’s in the style of the ones that we’ve done for Children In Need, so it’s taken seriously as a proper bit of Doctor Who - funny, but not a sketch. A little miniature story."

He continued: "One’s called ‘Space’ and one’s called ‘Time’, so they’re Space & Time. And there’s a moment with two Amy Ponds in it. If you’re a red-blooded male surely that’s enough! You’ve got Amy Pond flirting with herself."

He added: "It’s everybody’s personal fantasy! I’m really, really pleased with them. I think they’re really good, really very funny. It’s Matt, Karen and Arthur, and there isn’t a guest character. It’s just the three of them. A moment of life aboard the TARDIS. But obviously life about the TARDIS instantly gets you into terrible jeopardy, and all of causality is threatened. As I’m sure it is every day when they get up and have their coffee..."

I do find it amusing how worked up everyone is getting about there being two of Amy. Doubly so at how Moffat is blatantly touting it as a selling point.

Personally? I'm hardly fussed. :lol:

Admittedly, regarding my previous post, I did fanboy when everyone on Earth became John Simm back in The End of Time so I guess I shouldn't be too hypocritical. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

This is why I love Steven Moffat I get more of a since he's having fun with it with Davies I always felt he was trying to make a summer blockbuster for tv and not really Doctor Who.

Yes I am an american Doctor Who fan by the way.

The return of an old (new) villain?

As you may know, James Corden is returning to play Craig Owens in the upcoming series of Doctor Who. Owens was a character in the series five story, The Lodger, and this time around, he might just have a pivotal part to play.

The final two episodes of the series run are currently before the cameras, and it seems that Corden is appearing in at least one of them. Plus, photos that have popped up online show him holding a child this time around.

But said photos also show something else from the programme's past. And it hints at a return of a major monster.

This is your last chance to turn away...

The photos (and you can see more by following the link at the bottom of the page) show the Doctor holding a cybermat. Remember that? That was an old weapon of the Cybermen, which was left out of Russell T Davies' effective rebooting of the monsters.

However, Matt Smith is clearly seen holding - as you can see here - a cybermat, and it's been designed in the style of the modern day Cybermen. Those expecting a return of the traditional Cybermen of old (as, after all, the ones we see at the moment were designed in a parallel universe) might just be disappointed.

2r78ob9.jpg

Rumours suggest that we might get the Cybermen for up to three episodes of the new run. That said, don't forget that their inclusion was teased in trailers for season five, and as it happened, their appearance was relatively brief (although very, very effective).

We'll wait and see if they get a bigger role this time around, and, crucially, what Steven Moffat can do with them. He's never written a full-on Cybermen episode before, and it looks at the moment that they'll be appearing at the end of the series.

So, what can he do with them? We can't wait to find out..

Also, it gas been more or less confirmed that this is launching on Easter Saturday (the 23rd of April), the same day as in America. The promos in America have already started.

Aaaaaaand here's the Comic Relief specials!

Basically, Rory looking up Amy's skirt nearly implodes the universe.

Wut.

Aaaaaaand here's the Comic Relief specials!

Basically, Rory looking up Amy's skirt nearly implodes the universe.

Wut.

INCEPTION

Best bit: even Amy is lesbian for herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was pretty funny, but expected to want to rewind the Sky+ and watch it again, which I ultimately didn't. Witty, slightly confusing and with a technical term reduced to a funny word beginning with W... basically, anybody could have written it, alas.

Still, it wouldn't be Comic Relief without it. :)

Witty, slightly confusing and with a technical term reduced to a funny word beginning with W...

tumblr_li9yajAfO81qdd6huo1_400.gif

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 1