Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Just a quick note in regards to the Han Cholo jewellery, specifically the bags, the silver print rubs over VERY easily. I had 3 bags in a box together and noticed parts of the logo had started to rub off. Handle with care!

• 2 weeks later...

So one of the items I've been looking for a long time is the Sonic 1990 Dreams Come True tour poster. Till this day I have not found it so I took it to myself to replicate it and here's the end result. It's not a 10/10 replica (and that's intentional) but I really liked how it came out. Hopefully I can have it signed at the Sonic 25th party. P.S. if someone has the original and wants to sell it then I'm right here

fc6ef8c5963e3731eee5e90c5b3f40a2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

On 20/07/2016 at 2:35 AM, El Driver said:

So one of the items I've been looking for a long time is the Sonic 1990 Dreams Come True tour poster. Till this day I have not found it so I took it to myself to replicate it and here's the end result. It's not a 10/10 replica (and that's intentional) but I really liked how it came out. Hopefully I can have it signed at the Sonic 25th party. P.S. if someone has the original and wants to sell it then I'm right here

fc6ef8c5963e3731eee5e90c5b3f40a2.jpg

That's an awesome idea! I might look into doing similar... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Before I go to sleep after the hype I wanted to share the items I got today. And I got my poster signed by Tom Kalinske and Al Nielsen! P.S. duplicate items already have a home to go to.

bd28b6af35167fc8eab0251ab9a903fd.jpg

6b9d5ac34a6cbf0bf5923a2e08dccdd9.jpg

364b1f736129457cd87dce2e710cb13b.jpg

04b38a4aee3b96d3ab5a13065f4ef8e7.jpg

a95553fa81a3c2538930a61878248dbc.jpg

391c917e08efaaa3930e55a2a51ff6c5.jpg

1e8bcf3ada0aa26387056167577b21b3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Finally got my Sonic T-shirt in the mail today. I like this Sonic Riders artwork. Looks really nice.

sonic%20t-shirt%202016.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stasis said:

What is that SEGA merch in the middle and where can I get it?

As someone who had hands on with that.... We don't really know. Adam and myself went into the little room to get prizes for Buzzbombers, and we found these in one of the prize packs.

It was completely different to the other prize packs we had, one box had these gloves inside, the other appeared to be some kind of folder, I guessed it was an art competition prize, hence why we left it until we got confirmation from SOE about it.

I think it ended up being a prize given out by hardlight, think they elaborated on it during their stage thing but I'm not 100% on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, they were his prizes for winning the Jumpstart competition. There were gloves, a laptop case, an iPad/iPhone/something or other case and some stickers. Apparently less than 50 have been made of one of those things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, they were his prizes for winning the Jumpstart competition. There were gloves, a laptop case, an iPad/iPhone/something or other case and some stickers.

Indeed they are. An iPad & 15" Macbook Retina sleeve cases, Touchscreen (I believe double layered) gloves and 4 stickers that can be placed onto a macbook.

6b618d6a0fde1687896f5e8aa444c221.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a brought back a big haul at Summer of Sonic.

ArOCX6i.jpg

Also, while exploring London on the previous day, I bought a Sonic t-shirt from Forbidden Planet, and the Robotnik hat and Power Sneakers slippers from Drop Dead, which also came with Chaos Emerald replicas, and the slippers came with a nifty bag. They're pictured among this other collection of stuff I got from Forbidden Planet.

Mj69Rq4.jpg

Well, time for merchandise haul: SoS edition.

Surprisingly, I didn't get that much, and currently I've not got the best conditions for photography so no pictures of the bigger goods.

-So I got the 25th anniversary coin, as I said in my event recap. Number 1476. It's nice, I showed it to colleagues today and they were impressed too. 

-Two GB Eye posters, but mostly to replace the ones I have which have gotten super squished (I took them to uni and back, that's how long they've been around). 

-The Sonic Dash poster, which I grabbed as I was literally leaving the event.

-Three Duncan Gutteridge prints, all signed by him. I got the two Robotnik/Badniks amok ones and the Triple Trouble cover one.

-The Sonic the Comic Online taster sheet/poster. I can definitely recognise who did the Chaotix, Big and Amy Rose (different artists). C:

-Three T-Shirts; the Summer of Sonic '16 tier reward, the sort of sketchhog emblem one and the one with the Mario and Sonic character logos in a circle. 

-I got my copy of the Japanese Chaotix manual signed.

While I can't photograph anything, I can scan stuff. So for this year's highlight, I've been on a sketch hunt, and this is what I got. Let me preface this by saying that all of the sketches are amazing and every one of them is a jewel in my collection.

tumblr_oblt83oVIC1vue5nao1_1280.png

An Espio by Seumidh MacDonald, known to most as ShayMay! This ended up being the cutest of the sketches...although I'm not sure that's what Shay intended! But look at the eyes and stocky build, it's adorable! Have to admit though, I had to ask FatPanda for help of figuring out who drew it because I didn't catch his name during the event itself. Sorry, ShayMay!

tumblr_oblt83oVIC1vue5nao3_540.png

A Vector by Miles Arquio, known online by the handle of A-R-Q. The guy wasn't actually too familiar with drawing him, but it's still got all the hallmarks of his style when compared to his other pieces. I love the fun 'coolness he brings to the drawing, and a unique interpretation of the cuff buckles adds to the loose feel!

tumblr_oblt83oVIC1vue5nao2_1280.png

Another Espio, this time drawn by Ferran Rodriguez. What jumps out right away are the inks, all done by hand with actual ink, and so goddamn precise. There's also how quick he is to adapt to a given style, because this definitely doesn't seem like the work of someone who'd never even seen the character before. Another fun pose too, looks like a mix of Martial Arts and Yoga (or Tai-Chi, I guess). That fits him well. 

Now for the last one, it's Tyson Hesse's art of Vector the Crocodile. That's sounds like a natural mix for some hilarity given Vector's comedic persona and Hesse's specialty in comedic Sonic strips, right? Well, I asked for something extra in there (as a gag object in my head), and...

tumblr_oblt83oVIC1vue5nao4_540.png

KEkfIOu.png

That's not a Vector I want on my side, he's scary

And that's the joy of this piece; subverted expectations to make something badass and amazing! That posing and expression are just sublime. It'll be interesting how he does him if he ever does an Archie story with the Chaotix with this in mind. 

So yes, a good haul, especially when it comes to collecting drawings. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got another regular haul this time, all printed media. No pics this time.

- Bought myself the full Chaotix Quest arc in physical form! Hey, I wanted to own it, but the chances of it being reprinted now are practically zero, so I was going to get it one way or another.

Funnily enough, because I ordered from an American seller and it had to go international, I got three comics as freebies! The issues were;

-Sonic Universe #75 (the regular cover, already have but still a nice freebie), which is the lead-in to Worlds Unite and has some pretty upfront ship-teasing at the end of the issue.

-Sonic Universe #72 (the Matchmaker variant, don't own that), which has the pairing activity on the front.

-Sonic the Hedgehog #283 (the Guardians variant, also don't own that), which has a cameo from the Chaotix itself.

Yee, I got what I wanted and a nice little bonus!

- Also bought the Famitsu Fighters Megamix guide! This is notable for having the Bean and Bark character strips since they were also in the game, so it's a little piece of history in my hands. Besides, I already have the Japanese guide to Crash 2 and two Japanese guides to Crash 3, this isn't too unusual for me.

It's actually not arrived yet, but it's definitely on the way. It'll be added to my rare media shelf section when it does, though!

...Wait, two comics with notable shipping moments and a Chaotix issue. Are they trying to insinuate they know...???

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, got the Fighters Megamix book I ordered.

Bad side: It's not the one with the Famitsu strips, actually. :(

Good side: It has official bios for Bark and Bean, which is even better for my info glut! :)

So neither of them have a blood type, weight or job, but they both have age, height and hobby.

Bark the Polerbear (I know, I see it too. That's how the SEGA official book spelt it);

Height: 181cm

Hobby: Snowboarding

Bean the Dynamite

Height: 157cm (That is one tall bird).

Hobby: Football (Hey, Jet nicked that)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a few comics and picked up a 25th anniversary hat

14257762_10157379111025282_5357477969794

Just a quick question for anyone that owns a hat - does it have the new era inner taping on the inside of the cap, mine doesnt so it might not be genuine

• 2 weeks later...
What's that Hello Sonic book?

It's basically a photo book of "a day in the life of plush Sonic" that they gave out in a Twitter contest in Japan. Apparently there's only 8 of them made.

d5fe0ddaf612768c63c7a904300b76dc.jpg

I'll probably make a thread about it later on.

Saw one of these but the price it was going for was a bit expensive for what it is. I'm not 100% as information was translated by Google, but I think there were 25 to win to coincide with the 25th Anniversary. 

Saw one of these but the price it was going for was a bit expensive for what it is. I'm not 100% as information was translated by Google, but I think there were 25 to win to coincide with the 25th Anniversary. 

This is right, not sure where I got that it was 8 but it was definitely 25. How much was the one you saw? Was it the YJA one?