Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Geeky Jerseys put up a design for a Sonic Ice Hockey Jersey. If they make them, I think I might be getting one:

- Hedghogs_1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

C3ngMBFVUAEXETV.jpg

Got these while out shopping today. Both fit me, which is great!

Mum was a little distraught that they were only in the men's section. She was like 'I'm gonna complain. Why don't they have Sonic stuff in the girl's section?'

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't have any pictures, but finally got around to getting a replacement copy of STH #83 (a friend of mine destroyed my old copy when I let him borrow it when I was a kid, just never got around to buying a new one till now)

And also got issue #136 of the Fleetway Sonic Comic from Comical Games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got the book I ordered today! It came in stealth too so we ended up wondering why dad was calling me down when he hadn't heard the door go.

Haven't got my own picture, I've pinched the one off Sonic Gear instead.

Heroes-JPGuide.jpg

It's a Sonic Heroes Game Guide published by Aspect (not to be confused with Game Gear/Master System Sonic developer Aspect Co, they're not related). Out of the two Japanese Sonic Heroes Game Guides, this is the one that seems a bit harder to find because the one published by Saikyo Kouryaku is everywhere. They also published Game Guides for Sonic Advance and Sonic Advance 2, checking with the website specified in the book. 

Sonic Gear's information on the book is either insufficient or just inaccurate, so I'll give some little bits of text to go with it.

-My copy of the book came with that thin slip thing that seems to be common for Japanese books like this. Seems like it's just advertising the game from what little I can gather of it. 

-Sonic Gear is right in that it does use a lot of screenshots and CG, but not only is the Badnik CG art not common to see anyway, they haven't been told about the other kind of pictures they have in there; maps, top down, side-on 2D and 3D. Actually, seeing bits like the Grand Metropolis globe or the Egg Fleet ships in the 3D map style is pretty goddamn ace. 

-Sonic Gear's biggest inaccuracy is the top right photo. On the site, it says the book calls team Sonic "team Action", when usually it'd be called team Speed or team Hero. This is not true. See how Tails is highlighted in the photo? The book uses each member of the team to signify a section. Sonic's section is "System and Basic Action", which covers the menus, the screen interface, the different modes for 1 and 2 player, the controls and some bio info for the story, Badniks and characters. Tails' section is "Team Action", which covers everything about the formations, what prompts there are for them, the team blast, how emblems unlock 2 player modes and getting to special stages with keys. Knuckles' section is the walkthrough part, so it has all the maps and visual aids on where things are located in-stage. His section is called "Team Sonic Story Guide", and doesn't actually cover the other three teams. And yes, that does mean the book calls team Sonic...well, team Sonic.

-There's a couple of neat little extras in there. There's a page dedicated to just summarising how the characters relate to one another, and there's also a page that covers Sonic's history. It's the extensive version as well because it's got things like the Game Gear titles and Chaotix. The only two titles it appears to miss out are Tails and the Music Maker (on the SEGA Pico, so very obscure) and SegaSonic the Hedgehog (even though Sonic the Fighters is there...huh). It also confirms that Sonic 3D Blast was released in 1999 in Japan (I say this because Retro has it right, while SNN has it as 1998). 

-Also they don't cover the Metal Madness/Overlord fights whatsoever. I'm guessing because it was focused on team Sonic anyway and it's one of those guides that lets players do the rest after making them learn the ropes. 

Edit: Wait, I just realised that Japan of course wouldn't have Tails and the Music Maker listed, it never came out in Japan. Sonic's Schoolhouse isn't there either on second inspection, and that was only released in North America. So really, SegaSonic the Hedgehog is the glaring omission, but then could it be that it's lumped in with the likes of Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car and SegaSonic Popcorn Shop?

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

My items from that Sonic Toon lottery arrived today.

I won a framed picture and the Sonic 25th Cafe CD, of course.

C5suiTvVAAArYH1.jpg

C5suiUcUsAI7OaW.jpg

C5suiZiUoAAG_18.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

What up! Got the Blue Gale jacket, Japanese Mag featuring Sonic and Miku, SegaSonic plastic and shopping bag , Adventure dog tag, Sonic Jam guide and bookmarks. The Jam guide also has an items guide of items I own and wondered if they were official!

ae92fdfde31cb038669826697c7c121f.jpg

0b5bdcbdff5f237243b870a83e826dfa.jpg

c9de13f87f4a6cc4d5a79ce16396dd46.jpg

49b98ae92b6033a82f2586635b507886.jpg

cf5da9a0bf9c290ea9324de538d4e690.jpg

7a903588c99b1d5cbb4c41ec7c12f50a.jpg

aa3ddf869419b355481ccc2f7ae86d68.jpg

f4dfdaa5c3b271cb6294b4a7eff1d6d5.jpg

1850ae3706c8b3e75078e4e2f455e85b.jpg

44b2f381cf354aa0f85d015ca52f5fca.jpg

550543c873e1205f85c80c1e9530cb64.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I can delve into some answers for that.

I managed to dig up this translation for the prologue;

"This is the peaceful planet, Mobius. Peaceful, until the evil genius scientist Dr. Eggman suddenly attacked, taking over Mobius in an instant and plunging it into a state of panic! Dr. Eggman captured each and every one of the fleeing animals, and as you surely thought, remodeled them into mechanical monsters.

Hurry Sonic! You're gonna save everyone!

Eggman's base is powered by volcanic energy and the Chaos Emeralds, which are guarded by a Pinball Defense System.

"This'll be tough, but the only one who can get the Chaos Emeralds out of the system is me!"

"Be careful Sonic! And good luck!"

Riding the plane piloted by Tails, Sonic drew closer to the fortress. At last, Sonic's big pinball battle is beginning!!"

So it calls the planet Mobius (モビアス), but not really anything else.

As an extra note, I actually looked up the Japanese name online to cross-reference. In Japan, Mobius is a name restricted wholly to Spinball, as there's little to no reference to that name outside of the context of Spinball. It seems like SoJ made it clear it was different to the usual Sonic stuff instead of trying to pass it off as just another fitting Sonic title. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey, I have some new merch of my own. I managed to get the Build-a-Bear Sonic! I was never going to order it online, but there's no branch around my area so I'd usually be out of luck with these things. However, through shenanigans, I ended up in the Trafford Centre today, and they have a perfectly large branch there. 

The specs for my Build-a-Bear Sonic (because nothing is more important than comparing Build-a-Bear builds) are Sonic with Sonic sound (aka the Sonic 3 special stage music), purple heart (because why not support the Children's Heart Foundation...that and the pulsing heart effect option is just so goddamn creepy) and the Sonic T-Shirt (which, despite bulging a bit at the back due to his back spines, do fit on Sonic. Huh). 

Also I can report that everyone who goes into that branch has to do the love wish dance thing, not just the little kids. The stuff expert there was cheery and enthusiastic as all out though, credit to that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

A very bittersweet addition to my Sonic-centric magazine back issues...

czwgU7.jpg

...and I spied something veeeery interesting within:

j0HcAi.jpg

Is this an error, or where there actually plans at one point to release Sonic games on PS1??

Well, in fact this don't have anything new, but I think it's good to post my Sonic Collection Here:

Imgur album, as they can see is much images to post here. You can find a lot of brazilian itens, I don't know if they are exclusives.

19 hours ago, Solister said:

Well, in fact this don't have anything new, but I think it's good to post my Sonic Collection Here:

Imgur album, as they can see is much images to post here. You can find a lot of brazilian itens, I don't know if they are exclusives.

*long gasp*

Please tell me everything about that foreign Sonic X comic on the right: what country is it from, what company published it, etc.

Wanna see if I can hunt it down for myself ^^

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

*long gasp*

Please tell me everything about that foreign Sonic X comic on the right: what country is it from, what company published it, etc.

Wanna see if I can hunt it down for myself ^^

Ok, as you saw, I have 4 Sonic X books, 3 are Comic Books and 1 is Story Book. All comics are from Brazil and it was released in 2009 by "Online Editora". I search on the web and it seems to be translation of Archie Comics books in Portuguese. The number are the same of Archie Comics, It seems that doesn't have any difference from the originals, except to be in a foreign language and the cover changes a little. I can't tell you what it was the last number released here in Brazil because no one talks about it on the web. Besides this there nothing to add.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got myself a proper physical copy of Sonic CD. I'm glad Europe of 1993 didn't try to pull that dumb crap with Amy's name, at least.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Stumbled upon a pretty big pile of StC issues at a charity shop:

aWuZh4.jpg

This is only *half* of what was there!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is going to be a really pain in the bum request, but for the issues that still have free gifts, could we get pics of them?

It really helps others try to track down the missing free gifts.

k3Hbkl.jpg

UK AoStH VHS. I've only ever owned two of these and been meaning to track down the others.

On 28/06/2017 at 0:54 AM, Mayor D said:

This is going to be a really pain in the bum request, but for the issues that still have free gifts, could we get pics of them?

It really helps others try to track down the missing free gifts.

I'm afraid I've already removed any free gifts, sorry D.

Yesterday, I went out to a car boot sale 2 hours from home and had two amazing finds!

I walked into the car boot sale, and as I was walking into the first few stalls, I turned my head and found a big Classic Sonic plush that I didn't recognise. I grabbed the plush from a bin that said $5, and looked at the tush tag. It said (C) 1997 Sega. So you know what that meant? I found a Sega World Sonic plush for the low low price of 5 bucks, as opposed to several hundred on ebay. The plush had clearly seen better days, but I did not care. My jaw dropped as I figured out this plush's identity, and how lucky I got.

Now, if you don't know, I live in Sydney myself, the same city where Sega World operated in. Sega World items are quite rare locally, particularly in the part of Sydney that I live in, considering the place operated for a mere three years and I went to the park once with my family when I was a baby (the first time I left the house, according to my parents). 

Back on-topic, In the middle of the car boot sale, I found a complete in box Sonic Generations Collector's Edition for $20. I didn't have one of these initially as, to my knowledge, they didn't make a collectors edition for the PC version, but now I am the proud owner of one of the things that I missed out on all these years ago.

The last thing, while not Sonic, was an Ice Blue N64, a controller with a bunch of games for $40.

It was well worth waking up at 4 in the morning in the freezing Sydney winter to head out 2 hours on public transport and find these goodies.

Yesterday, I went out to a car boot sale 2 hours from home and had two amazing finds!

I walked into the car boot sale, and as I was walking into the first few stalls, I turned my head and found a big Classic Sonic plush that I didn't recognise. I grabbed the plush from a bin that said $5, and looked at the tush tag. It said (C) 1997 Sega. So you know what that meant? I found a Sega World Sonic plush for the low low price of 5 bucks, as opposed to several hundred on ebay. The plush had clearly seen better days, but I did not care. My jaw dropped as I figured out this plush's identity, and how lucky I got.

Now, if you don't know, I live in Sydney myself, the same city where Sega World operated in. Sega World items are quite rare locally, particularly in the part of Sydney that I live in, considering the place operated for a mere three years and I went to the park once with my family when I was a baby (the first time I left the house, according to my parents). 

Back on-topic, In the middle of the car boot sale, I found a complete in box Sonic Generations Collector's Edition for $20. I didn't have one of these initially as, to my knowledge, they didn't make a collectors edition for the PC version, but now I am the proud owner of one of the things that I missed out on all these years ago.

The last thing, while not Sonic, was an Ice Blue N64, a controller with a bunch of games for $40.

It was well worth waking up at 4 in the morning in the freezing Sydney winter to head out 2 hours on public transport and find these goodies.