Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

And with this purchase I think I'm done until the 25th anniversary merch starts to release. God help my wallet...

12509912_10156463807900607_5614717561100

• Thumbs Up 2

I got my Sonic Boom Monopoly today. Have yet to actually open it completely and play it though.

GuhlEDc.jpg

Qq0A2rD.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

My sister's boyfriend surprised me with these guys he found at FYE:

1pz2i8.jpg

Now I only need Sticks, Eggman, Shadow, and Metal!

Also, speaking of Sonic-related surprises, my Mom surprised me with a Sonic blanket when she ordered a comforter and sheets for my brand new bed. This was said blanket:

2moxnva.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Finally got this sucker in the mail when I contacted Archie about still not receiving it:

nyohh.jpg

Definitely feels good to finally have a new Universe issue to read after like three months. XD Now hopefully, my #82 will come around the same time as other subscribers so we can get things back on track for that sweet-looking Battle Lord Eggman arc. 

I got something this morning;

54ubVJx.jpg

You can see by the little picture that this is Sonic-related merchandise, but those in the loop of franchise history research might know that this also technically the second-oldest piece of Vector merchandise we know of (following that Sonic Manga, which funnily enough also had his image cut off a bit at the side). Looking at it up close, I've noted two things;

1. The Sonic images chosen to overlay on top of the concept art are actually very deliberate as they each match the theme of said concept art. Wonder if they were made off the idea of the concept art once the band idea fell through later on in development, especially as there's a green flicky in the camping concept art that looks very similar to the one in the race helmet official art. I also saw that the magazine said they were new pics (this was early 1992).

2. They obviously talk about Sonic 2 coming up, but they also mention that there are "heavy rumours of a Mega CD version of the game, which will be absolutely enormous and feature some role-playing elements to keep people at it for months". We know now that the result was Sonic CD (which basically was also a Sonic 1 successor in style), but role-playing elements? This I would have been fascinated to see. 

3. Onto Vector himself. We can't see much of him here, but I think there's one telling difference. Bringing this up for reference;

latest?cb=20150901203932

Here, he still seems skinny, just awkwardly drawn in regards to muscles (although I do notice that there is a back bump going on that modern Vector has similar to). In the concept art in the magazine, I can tell his arms and torso are much thicker, so I'm wondering if Vector was more visually being veered towards being a powerhouse. If so, that could have implications on why Vector was made the power type in Heroes despite his Chaotix design suggesting nothing like it (modern Charmy also takes far more inspiration from his Manga self than his Chaotix self, so this isn't unprecedented). 

...Maybe this can do in the Sonic discoveries thread too, I dunno. 

Could you provide some scans or pictures of that? I've looked this magazine up on Youtube, but can only make out a small head that might be Vector.

Oh great, thanks! A shame these screenshots are completely in the way, since we'll probably never see the full artwork. It seems to reveal a little more of how his character was supposed to be back then, compared to the band image which basically says "Well I'm a crocodile." The food he's holding suggests he might have critically lowered that place's supplies xD

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally here...I've been waiting for it for months.

And it came right after yet another day in that damn peeling line...making the day all better.

What is this item I speak of? Observe.

Y6a8hfd.jpg

My Amitie plush. I ordered her from Lexiipantz here, and she did a good job here.

I plan on taking good care of the plush; she's one of a kind.

Lexi's photo is in this link.

• Thumbs Up 5

mD9UNWq.jpg

A Madou Monogatari novel featuring Arle as a little girl.

I can't read a word of it, but the pictures are very nice. So worth the purchase!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

4qijs.jpg

Got in Sonic Super Digest #15 from the Archie shop a couple days ago! Now the only Origins story I'm missing is Snively's! (Whenever the shop decides to restock SSD #12.) 

Modern Amy and Blaze by Great Eastern:

blaze_meets_blaze_by_theautisticonenamed

Here Blaze meets her handmade counterpart. Amy looks on and encourages a new friendship.

• Thumbs Up 1

CezW0apW8AI_kIi.jpg:large

CezhYDjXEAAOdBd.jpg:large

The Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Complete boxset landed in my post today! 5 CDs with the music from the games, a Blu-Ray (with game footage, opening animations, several animated PVs, and MikuDayo being adorable), and the, uh, adorable M i k u d a y o.

This is actually my second SEGA x Miku soundtrack; I also have the SEGA remix CD from DIVA extend pre-orders. I've been after it for ages (Mirai DX is my favourite 3DS game) so I'm so happy to finally have this! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

At work atm but these came at home today. Will get better pics when I finish 

33beebr.jpg

24bkbp3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

So this turned up.

Think this might be the first piece of 25th Anniversary merch for the UK. Also despite being limited (5000 units), they're not numbered... so I'm calling this one number 1 / 5000 =p

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Got the 25th Anniversary album (although I won't be listening to it haha. It's back in its protective wrapper with card spine) 

nnmhic.jpg

bhhxz.jpg

34odb9v.jpg

Also got the Dream Team hoodie from Drop Dead (see other topic)

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, El Driver said:

5928780fab8125449b3cef4eb79a50d5.jpg

I'm loving that bag! My Han Cholo things have only just been released from customs ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Got this 25th Anniversary treat in from the Archie Comics shop yesterday!

4owt3.jpg

Sonic Mega Drive #1

• Thumbs Up 4