Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Ahhh, oops. Oh well. I would have thought people would have reported some of the glaring errors before now since I know quite a few of the merch Brits on here are AoStH fans. I would have thought they'd have spotted a near-word-for-word explanation of the Chaos Emeralds from the show!

And it doesn't surprise me that the book has so much info bleed from every, pretty much every book has this issue (like two of the Chaotix having their KC backgrounds in their bios in the Generations guidebook despite it not being part of their history [even Generations itself actively regards Heroes as the debut of their current incarnations, see the cheer order at the final boss]). There's two reasons as to why this it;

1. SEGA of Japan probably can't read English that fluently. They can easily check for characters being included wrongly and design elements being inconsistent, but wordy and non-specific info like that would be harder for them to pick up on.

2. Whoever does the checking on the Western side of things doesn't do proper fact-checking. They're not hired for their exhaustive knowledge on the Sonic lore and presence in other media.

With this, the alternate media stuff and things like calling up non-canon info are more likely to slip through the cracks. First time I've seen modern stuff be referenced in the retro brand where it shouldn't though.

Anyway, some new purchases which are half this topic, half the non-Sonic/SEGA topic. Numskulls have a range of Notepads out in GAME right now and they are so cool. They're basically designed afters different consoles, complete with the back having all the air vents and panelling and stuff. The only ones my local GAME had were the Mega Drive one and the PlayStation one, and I snapped them both up. 

Another comic page, this time from a bit closer to home; StC 161 comic page by Richard Elson!

Opr0vgK.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3P4NJWC.jpg

So here's something you don't see every day.

Probably the closest you'll ever see to a complete Sonic Sunday strip collection, with a massive thanks to Richard Elson who made this possible.

Scanning will be initiated... soon.

• Thumbs Up 6

CDXXjXDW0AACT5E.jpg

SEGA Hard Girls manga collection is mine! :D Been after this for a while, many thanks to Lucky for importing it for me! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for the picture quality - I'm finding that the lighting in my hotel room is making it a pain in the ass to take good pictures.

Anyway, me and the sponsor stopped at a bookstore and I found some Sonic shot glasses, and I picked those up. Pretty nice grab for $12.99, I'd say. Sadly, the box is a bit damaged, but overall I found it to be a good purchase.

pvYEH5n.jpg

Sonic Universe #75, Mega Man #48 (not Sonic or SEGA but whatever :U), and Sonic Boom #6

RswDZ23.jpg

Speaking of StC hauls:

RPONht8.jpg

Also a very lucky find at a game store today:

se8aOx9.jpg

(I already had the game, but not with the box :P)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Being the Sonic Boom event nerd I am, and 2012 being my favorite, there was no way in Hell I could pass this one up.

CEONQpu.jpg

Johnny Gioeli's Talent pass into the event that year, signed by him no less!

He threw in some stickers for free. :)

Needless to say I'm pretty happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I finally gave in and bought this behemoth of a display piece.

2015-04-29%2021.05.04_zpsfysr6wvd.jpg

2015-04-29%2021.05.39_zps2s4jlbrq.jpg

There's one flaw though, something poked a hole out of the box only to find out the corner of the base where the white stripe is located was chipped, must have happened during shipping. Aside from that, everything else is unscathed, so I'm not too bothered.

You're next, Super Sonic...

• Thumbs Up 4

CFTIGXTW0AIfzfq.jpg

First up, some amazing socks. Been after these for a while, glad to finally have them; the Eggman ones are amazing!

CFdLLghWIAA9j-b.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAH

A friend of mine (RetrixUK!) went to Japan recently, and he grabbed me this notepad whilst he was over there! As my member title suggests I'm a huge SEGA Saturn fan so AAAAAAAAAAAH

• Thumbs Up 2

While latest additions to my growing Sonic collection mostly consist of comic books, but there are a few non-comic book items as well. 

11102903_817692304933127_465999409297425

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, this is kinda gonna double up as a stock update.

Checked out Toys R' Us, bought a Jazwares classic Amy plush. Here's what stock was left;

-There were loads and loads of classic Amy plushes, I don't think they're running out soon. I guess this is the whole thing about female characters not selling as well in male-targeted franchises.

-Despite that, there were plenty of Lancelot Shadow figures as well. I think either Jazwares waited way too long to merchandise that game, or kids can pick up on the stupid purple armour.

-The other item in abundance was the Sonic mask. Can't blame them, it's horrifying.

-There were about five Tails mini-morphs left, and one Metal Sonic mini-morph.

-There were three of the All Stars Racing Transformed planes, all Sonic. I can guess why Shadow's is more popular.

-There was a singular repackaged F4F 2" figure left, of classic Tails. He seems to always end up the remainder, even outside of TRU.

-Items there were none of; the singular packaged 3" figures, the 3" figures with accessories (I don't think they ever got Silver, Tails and Amy in stock) an the Chaotix 3-pack. I guess they were all pretty popular.

Absolutely zero Sonic Boom stock to be found, and no sign of a changeover coming soon. You'd think with Sonic Boom supposedly beginning to air at the start of June that they'd be prepared, but nope.

Beep! Beep! Comics update incoming! Recently got these bad boys to include in my ever growing Sonic comic collection.

-Sonic/Mega Man Worlds Unite Prelude (FCBD)

-Sonic the Hedgehog #272

-Sonic Boom #7

F09NaGX.jpg?1

• Thumbs Up 1

Just these three for today! 

11351465_845612512141106_257136911663002

Went to my local comic book shop and bought issue #12. I was honestly surprised to be told that I bought so much old comic book issues to the point where I literally had enough money on my rewards account to completely pay off the issue without having to swipe my debit card or anything. Sweet! Maybe it really does pay off for me to always buy a bunch of old Sonic comics! (Too bad the amount of old issues they have are decreasing because of me!)

I actually just bought issue #98 on eBay yesterday and it arrived today in the mail. I found it extremely funny when I found out that the seller lived in the same state as me, and they didn't live to far away. So thankfully they managed to ship it right on out the same day I paid for it, and bam! Arrived at super sonic speed! Anyways, another issue I always wanted to own as a kid (alongside issues #25 and #39 that I now finally own as an adult). While I wanted issue #25 because it was a Sonic CD (my absolute favorite Sonic game of all time) story adaption, and wanted issue #39 because seeing Mecha Sonic and Sonic with different expressions was cool, I really wanted issue #98 because it was apparnetly a story adaption of Sonic Adventure 2! A Sonic game I been loving at the time (and still do now!) Granted, it's not a complete story adaption in the comics. It's done in a way to fit in with the old pre-reboot world story, but it's still awesome, and the artwork done by Spaz is absolutely amazing and mind blowing to me. Spaz draws Sonic with so much epicness to the point where he perfectly captures why Sonic is such an awesome character, and why the opening of the hero story in Sonic Adventure 2 with City Escape is just so amazing

tumblr_npcg6dik4S1tlfjtro9_540.png

tumblr_npcg6dik4S1tlfjtro5_540.png

tumblr_npcg6dik4S1tlfjtro6_540.png

Just... Wow

Lastly is issue Sonic The Hedgehog #273/Part 3 of Worlds Unite! It's not suppose to released until next week, but I got lucky and received it early! What's really strange is that my copy of part 2 of the crossover still hasn't arrived! So I'm stuck with issues #1 and #3! Hopefully it comes soon! (And I seriously wouldn't mind getting some of these crossover issues a bit faster because I'm really interested in getting back to the main Sonic story!)

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't know why they don't utilize Spaz more. If I had my way he'd be on covers and inner art permanently. Or til his fingers fell off from over drawing. Either one. The majority of the comics covers and inner art really bores me these days, like I can't see how people enjoy it at all or even can possibly think its better like some have said. It just does not compute in my brain. Just look at that art! That is what the comics should be.

Well I guess it doesn't really matter now anyway as I'm not eBaying every issue for like 5 times the price (plus variants >_< ) now they decided to screw the Australian fans over and stop letting our comic stores order them in.

Boy it's been a while -

JP Sonic Amiibo, took a while but managed to get it from a US seller for close to retail

Dangley limb Sonic plush! I've been after this guy ever since I saw one in someones car a good 18+ years ago

101_1133_zpspag0osnh.jpg

Fell behind on the comics, still not as interested in it as I have been since the beginning.. they'll eventually run out of games to reference then maybe they'll get back on track

Ended up getting doubles of 2..

Also finally managed to get a Chao Bobblehead after constantly being outbid by Oggy I should've waited a bit longer.. they're not going for anywhere near as much as they were.

Got that Sonic HotWheels thing from eBay for next to nothing..

101_1136_zpswfhlheme.jpg

And one of those Sonic Generations Press Kits

Has a DVD (Same as the Generations Limited Edition one?) A booklet with art, Sonic history, the guys behind the series etc, the old school viewfinder and a 20th Anniversary badge, very happy with it after only paying $25

101_1138_zpswndlw7qj.jpg

101_1140_zpsuxopflra.jpg

101_1139_zps4h2xih1d.jpg

101_1141_zps61pi5w1g.jpg

Had a nice conversation with the seller, he used to work for SEGA in San Francisco, unfortunately he was layed off in 2012 when the first round of cuts happened. He's in good spirits thou, even said almost all the staff have managed to land on their feet :)

The press kit was a departing gift.. anyway, he said he'll put up more stuff soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I must concur... the SEGA meltdown massively depressed the bobblehead market.

Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, is it not? :P

Yeah if you live in the US.

Every single auction listing looks attractive, then you see that import costs which doesn't actually remove import charges, it only increases the likelihood of us getting them in Europe.

Do you refer to the Global Shipping Program?

Oh yes, that's just deliciously evil.

That's the price of a lot of amateur sellers doing business on eBay though.

It's one reason I like to buy US-only items and then distribute them worldwide. I can actually give accurate postage/import fee estimates. eBay clearly looks to be pocketing a ton of the postage and fees from the GSP.

Been a while! Just a few things.

FTA picked up the free comic book day issue for me this year since I had to work, and we each bought some things off of Tracy at Momocon this year. It was great to finally meet him. I got Issue 75 of Universe from him since I liked the cover.

0MvL4Hl.jpg?1

Then I bought this poster from him. He was very generous to give me his display copy, as he had run out of this particular poster, apparently it was pretty popular that day.

9ta4VaY.jpg?1

And of course I had to commission something. I love the way he draws every character, so picking was near impossible. Then I figured I'd just throw him a curveball by asking for one of my favorites. Now I just need to get a couple frames.

HAfWwjA.jpg?1

• Thumbs Up 4

10425001_850040598364964_657898600586955

Got this yesterday in the mail! Bought it on eBay, but the funny thing is that if you go on eBay and search for this, you'll see people selling it in the $20~$30 range, but someone actually put this up for bid with the starting amount being $5.99 with free shipping. I decided to try my luck and bid on this, and after the few days went by and no one else decided to bid on it, I ended up winning! Well, that's another Sonic X set for me! I own the New World Saga DVD set, the final episodes of the Metarex Saga set, a single DVD with some random X episodes (I think they come from either the New World Saga or Chaos Emerald Saga), and now the Chaos Saga and Shadow Saga in one set! 

For anyone that actually do want to get the Sonic X DVDs (and don't mind the English dub since these old ones released only include the English dub), then I recommend not trying to be like me and track down these old sets. Discotek has already announced that they're planning on releasing a full Sonic X DVD box set containing all 78 episodes of the show. The box set will more than likely just have the English dub included (but maybe things can change and we can get the superior Japanese dub included as well with English subtitles?) Knowing Discotek, the price shouldn't be too bad whenever they release it, and it'll be a much reasonable price than having to pay the ridicolous prices you'll see people trying to sell these old Sonic X DVD sets online. I'm just pretty crazy, so I don't mind dropping money on these old sets (and yes, I 100% will be buying the complete Sonic X box set whenever Discotek release it!) 

• Thumbs Up 2