Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Cw2-HqTUsAAM6PH.jpg

Got the Sonic Toon bundle myself today and am expecting another set to arrive next week or so. This is the one I bought for 200 bucks, the other I got from winning the raffle.

Wait, the raffle Sega of Japan had?

• Thumbs Up 1

CxTQ3QkWQAAOM9T.jpg

Sonic Adventure guide books landed in the post today. SA1 Guide is by Aspect, SA2 Guide is by SOFTBANK.

CxTYXG6XcAEbyP9.jpgCxTVro3WgAENdoo.jpg

CxTTL1GXUAAycGM.jpgCxTTL1CWEAAIW7Q.jpg

Lots of nifty art and stuff in here. Pretty happy to have them! 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 15/11/2016 at 7:24 AM, El Driver said:

Wait, the raffle Sega of Japan had?

No. The Extra Life, #TeamTails raffle. Emi Jones and all that.

• Thumbs Up 1

15107262_1167759029926451_70896372406577

I don't even own Lego Dimensions but no way was I going to pass up on buying the Sonic level pack. I also went to GameStop yesterday and found the 25th Anniversary figure pack, so that was obviously being snagged, and earlier this week I went to my local comic book shop and just grabbed two Archie Sonic issues to further build my comic collection. 

• Thumbs Up 4

@Mysterion I don't have Lego Dimensions either but I too have purchased the level pack haha!

OK, so I collected my parcel today and got some of the goodies I mentioned in a previous post.

sss.jpgsss2.jpg

Just beautiful! Looks really nice next to the other 2 cubes. I hope they keep making these. Can't play the game due to region locked 3DS so I'll probably sell it and use the money to get a PAL copy.

sss3.jpg

Tails Sky Patrol completed my Sonic games available on Game Gear collection. 

And then there's this beauty...

sss4.jpgsss5.jpgsss6.jpg

Mint condition with tag! :D Never thought I would own one of these! 

• Thumbs Up 6

On 21/10/2016 at 1:52 AM, Lucky said:

IJRuWu0.jpg

A little collection I believe I completed not so long ago... French STC.

Most of the European versions didn't last too long, but they're still a hassle to find.

Very nice find. I used to have #3 to 6, now I just have #1 and #6 :P (so you're missing one apparently)

• Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, Mysterion said:

15107262_1167759029926451_70896372406577

I don't even own Lego Dimensions but no way was I going to pass up on buying the Sonic level pack. I also went to GameStop yesterday and found the 25th Anniversary figure pack, so that was obviously being snagged, and earlier this week I went to my local comic book shop and just grabbed two Archie Sonic issues to further build my comic collection. 

19 hours ago, StACEis Rimmer said:

@Mysterion I don't have Lego Dimensions either but I too have purchased the level pack haha!

OK, so I collected my parcel today and got some of the goodies I mentioned in a previous post.

sss.jpgsss2.jpg

Just beautiful! Looks really nice next to the other 2 cubes. I hope they keep making these. Can't play the game due to region locked 3DS so I'll probably sell it and use the money to get a PAL copy.

sss3.jpg

Tails Sky Patrol completed my Sonic games available on Game Gear collection. 

And then there's this beauty...

sss4.jpgsss5.jpgsss6.jpg

Mint condition with tag! :D Never thought I would own one of these! 

If needed, here's the instructions for The Tornado and The Speedster

It was a long wait, but I have the 25th Anniversary set finally in my hands. ^^ I am now only missing the 20th Anniversary version of the crystal cube.

2016-11-23%2000.46.13_zpsei9muyqh.jpg

2016-11-23%2001.12.49_zpsdymqxch3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Got this in from the Archie Shop in late October, but didn't get around to posting it until now:

o6buk7.jpg

Sonic Mega Drive: The Next Level #1

• Thumbs Up 2

Pre-holiday batch! Two Sega Sonic/Tails sweaters. Funny story about this one. I bought the Tails one but the seller gave me the Sonic one for free. I had the Sonic one in a better shape though so it's good to have a spare. Then another 25th anniversary shirt and water bottle. The SA unveiling vhs, the Tokyo Game Show fan and the cospa open your heart phone case. And finally a happy meal box with Sonic on it.

a61ff343a052f0fcfcfee7399eac52a2.jpg

b798d50d6582a9f81334f479d72a742c.jpg

0928905bdc045790ef63cb9d0dd97efe.jpg

bd288111df89a813d7c4963f3fcf6b21.jpg

c66ae6b5045e2a921729d15e7ccdf88b.jpg

f5c78298fa6304640a95826ed61df1d3.jpg

1abcb69122f366744a939ac89a2838fe.jpg

ce2c3c2de2402d4a40b862d333ba2b91.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I haven't been involved with Sonic stuff lately, but dang, that 25th anniversary cube looks nice! Anyway, I managed to buy some interesting items from Japanese auction sites:

IMG_20161209_124012526_BURST001.jpgIMG_20161209_124112847.jpg

This is a commemorative medal which was apparently given to all participants in the 1993 Sonic 2 World Championships -- an event which I have found absolutely no information about.

IMG_20161209_124317101.jpg

I also managed to get these two adorable coin banks for a bargain, original packaging and all.They're supposed to make game noises when you put a coin in, but the batteries have long since died and don't seem to be replaceable. If anyone else has one of these and has figured out how to replace the batteries, please let me know.

Also, the lot that I got these in included a duplicate Sonic bank, which I am currently selling on Ebay if anyone's interested.

• Thumbs Up 4

After ordering it over a month ago, I finally got my Charmy plush!

Man, Vector and Espio have really skewed my size expectation, Charmy's tiny in comparison. That is to scale so looks better, but when you're used to the plushes coming in bags and this one comes in a small cardboard box, it's weird. 

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_oilzlzkDL61tlfjtro1_1280.jpg

So this is my final Sonic related purchase for the year! The Sonic and Tails Build-A-Bear plushes were announced earlier this month and I got incredibly excited because I always wanted my own plush from BAB but never really bought one, and getting a Sonic themed one instead of just a generic bear is perfect. It took a long time to finally get these two, but the wait was worth it.

Special bonuses for ordering Sonic online was getting the golden ring and an amazing exclusive drawing by Yuji Uwekawa who is the main character designer of the series and who also redesigned Sonic and the others way back in 1998 for Sonic Adventure!

I even decided to scan the exclusive card given because I don’t recall seeing a full sized version online, only the small size version that you can grab from the website.

tumblr_inline_oilzldPfNM1t0jmsi_540.jpgtumblr_inline_oilzldVetX1t0jmsi_540.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

C0zBVV9UsAAE8jV.jpg

This is the latest thing I've gotten, which was today. I'm so happy with this, I think I might get more CDs.

• Thumbs Up 7

I can't get up the image right now, but Erica Schroeder/Bella Hudson signed the manual of my copy of the first Mario/Sonic Olympic Games at a convention. Though I was more interested in having it signed in due to her being one of my coaches and not as much for Sonic.

Edit: here is the photo. Pardon the blur. I'm also holding a movie she was recently in. 

IMG_20161231_135217_549.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_messaging_oj7aqkXYO41t0jmsi_1280.

tumblr_messaging_oj7aqzfB1K1t0jmsi_1280.

I got this just a few days before 2016 ended and forgot to show it off. I completely forgot that Sonic Runners received a physical CD release, which I'm honestly glad it did because Runners music is quite good and is a gem soundtrack from Tomoya Ohtani. It may not be as grand as Unleashed or Colors music, but it's something that shouldn't be glossed over. 

• Thumbs Up 6

CAWwH6.jpg

This still had some bubblebath in it, but I had to drain it because it got broken in transit (note the crack in the base) and arrived leaking!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Why unbox one set of kid robot figures?

When you can unbox 2!

I wouldn't mind getting a box, where did u manage to pick it up?

16112691_1231164080252612_48914789476969

It pays to have a great online friend who's a fellow hardcore collector and understand you as a Sonic collector. 

Jun Senoue signature on Sonic Generations (making this my 3rd copy of the game on PS3 lol) AND Matt Herms (colorer for Archie Sonic comics) signature on Sonic and Mega Man Worlds Collide graphic novel 1. =D I also decided to buy the Sonic Mega Drive convention variant cover (despite already owning the first printing of the issue) because that cover was incredibly snazzy looking.

• Thumbs Up 4

16142569_1314607731928634_12104471385000

Ah, there is my signed print I got from seeing Erica. I'm assuming that's Lisa's autograph on the right, seeing as Amy and Blaze are on it. 

Isn't the little plush mustached rabbit adorable?

• Thumbs Up 1