Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers (2022) | MT | General Discussion (DO NOT discuss leaks here please)

Dreadknux

12 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Are we really doing this

Hey man. Don't diss on people that make squares when drawing circles. 😋

• Thumbs Up 1

Missed opportunity if the Cyloop doesn't gain some Okami esc properties. 

Need to be able to draw one or two other shapes to get different effects. 

• Thumbs Up 5

30 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Missed opportunity if the Cyloop doesn't gain some Okami esc properties. 

Need to be able to draw one or two other shapes to get different effects. 

That is what I was hoping, if I understood correctly. I would personally like to draw something like a figure 8 with a Cyloop.

• Thumbs Up 2

Draw an Emerald-shaped pattern to get something Super Sonic related? 🤔

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

So, it's free real estate piracy-wise on PC.

Mmmmmmmmmm it'll be cracked within a week

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Mmmmmmmmmm it'll be cracked within a week

>looks at Colors Ultimate, Origins, a lot of other games that haven't been cracked for close to a year, and the scene in general

Uh-huh, yeah, sure, "a week".

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all that it has Denuvo. It sucks, but I assume that, despite what people are saying, it does its job, even if it's less about the DRM itself and more about people just not bothering to tamper with it and just leaving the scene.

I am surprised that they changed the date to November 8th. IIRC there was a PSN entry that used "November 15th" as sort of a placeholder, and it makes sense, since it's the middle of the month. November 8th tho? Kinda random to have as a placeholder. And also really funny, considering that the new God of War is releasing a day after.

• Thumbs Up 2

It won't be cracked in a week cause there's currently one single cracker working on Denuvo and they take requests (money, a lot of em) to crack games, or they crack highly anticipated titles, which is why Colors Ultimate, Origins and Project Diva haven't been cracked yet, and why Team Sonic Racing took 1 year to crack.

Forces itself took quite a few months to be cracked. Denuvo, unfortunately, seems to be working the way they want it to work, which is to protect the first few months of sale, in the case of Sonic games it could mean protecting the whole first year.

This is unfortunate, not because of the crack itself, but because Denuvo makes it so that code injections will be pretty hard to do, so modders just won't do them.

Look at the difference in quality between mods for Generations vs mods for Forces.

Generations got a 3D Spin Dash for modern sonic, a bounce and a lot more cool stuff, Forces has stage imports and model swaps, that's it.

3 hours ago, Sonikko said:

It won't be cracked in a week cause there's currently one single cracker working on Denuvo and they take requests (money, a lot of em) to crack games, or they crack highly anticipated titles, which is why Colors Ultimate, Origins and Project Diva haven't been cracked yet, and why Team Sonic Racing took 1 year to crack.

Forces itself took quite a few months to be cracked. Denuvo, unfortunately, seems to be working the way they want it to work, which is to protect the first few months of sale, in the case of Sonic games it could mean protecting the whole first year.

This is unfortunate, not because of the crack itself, but because Denuvo makes it so that code injections will be pretty hard to do, so modders just won't do them.

Look at the difference in quality between mods for Generations vs mods for Forces.

Generations got a 3D Spin Dash for modern sonic, a bounce and a lot more cool stuff, Forces has stage imports and model swaps, that's it.

That's just tragic.

4 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Generations doesn't have custom boss fights.

Yet.

It could be possible...someone just hasn't tried yet.

5 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Generations doesn't have custom boss fights.

Both these guys are among the most important modders in the community.

Forces modding is just not as developed as Generations modding is, idk if it will ever be but it sure as hell will be much harder to get to the same point. That's all I'm saying, I don't care if there is one mod that does code injection, I'm just saying that it's much harder to do and you can't count on people wasting a whole lot of time in their life to do it. Denuvo is a big L for costumers, especially when the products SEGA sell rely so much on being kept alive by the modding community, sometimes shipping in not working conditions and needing fan patches to even run properly.

image.png.f80a51d61afdbd7852a8e22f92c0b970.pngimage.thumb.png.0e90f4532f49090d83403d94d6904681.png

Man, just seeing those screenshots just makes me have not much hope in Frontiers modding. With how pro fan works SEGA is, you have to wonder what they gain from adding Denuvo like this.

1 hour ago, Sonikko said:

Both these guys are among the most important modders in the community.

Forces modding is just not as developed as Generations modding is, idk if it will ever be but it sure as hell will be much harder to get to the same point. That's all I'm saying, I don't care if there is one mod that does code injection, I'm just saying that it's much harder to do and you can't count on people wasting a whole lot of time in their life to do it. Denuvo is a big L for costumers, especially when the products SEGA sell rely so much on being kept alive by the modding community, sometimes shipping in not working conditions and needing fan patches to even run properly.

No I get all that, it's just that there's a lot that has been done in spite of it, so the doomer posting feels at least a little overboard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly Sega that's pretty despicable. It's one thing to not be aware or care what people think of Denuvo, but to be fully aware that people dislike it and try to hide it due to backlash to lure in unsuspecting people only to still have it and reveal it last minute is a pathetic business practice. 

It is possible that the Denuvo, like the November release date, was a mistake as well but I'm really doubting that knowing Sega. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

SteamDB got updated...again.

Interesting that the date changed

SEGA taking inspiration from the worst of the industry, lol. I'll gladly buy GoW in november instead.

This news is crappy, even if I'm not affected by it. SEGA and their insistence on nickel and diming fans through inconvenience is absolutely insufferable.

It doesn't even matter that Denuvo will eventually be cracked. The sheer inconvenience  for something that, at best, deters pirates for only a few days is always so tone deaf of SEGA.

21 hours ago, Sonikko said:

It's a highly anticipated game even for non-Sonic fans. Someone will pay the $500 to get it done. Origins and Colors Ultimate weren't cracked because they're just re-releases of old games with arguably better experiences already available (decomps and Wii original). I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

2 hours ago, McGroose said:

Honestly Sega that's pretty despicable. It's one thing to not be aware or care what people think of Denuvo, but to be fully aware that people dislike it and try to hide it due to backlash to lure in unsuspecting people only to still have it and reveal it last minute is a pathetic business practice. 

It is possible that the Denuvo, like the November release date, was a mistake as well but I'm really doubting that knowing Sega. 

It really does suck. I had some small hope when they released Banana Mania and Puyo Tetris 2 without it but it seems every release will have it now, more or less. They probably have some contract down, and see it as good enough for anti-piracy regardless of how it hurts actual paying customers. Modern gaming is just really despicable like this. Not to say back in the day there weren't scummy practices on PC (StarForce DRM comes to mind) but yeah..

Honestly, Frontiers isn't really selling me either way. But this just solidifies it for me. Not buying. I broke my 5 year streak of not buying DRM filled games with Origins, and although I had my fun, it really is annoying for modding, and just a subpar experience due to the glitches and such. And just to put this out there, I see lots of people on Twitter saying to just buy it on consoles but what if you don't own a next-gen console? I only really have the Switch and I know it won't run that well (60FPS or bust tbh) so it's kind of ignorant of them to say stuff like that.

You guys really think its a PR Stunt instead of SteamDB just being funky with games that aren't out for a few more months? Really? Just assume it has Denuvo.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

No I get all that, it's just that there's a lot that has been done in spite of it, so the doomer posting feels at least a little overboard.

Btw, the Chaos bossfight is not done through code injection (which makes it even more impressive), so, yeah, it deeply limits the potential for mods. I'm sure it *can* be done, it's just much harder, cause a modder would basically have to go through the same process a crack team goes through in order to inject code. The only thing I can think of is maybe the camera mod, but even that one was left incomplete for Forces while it has been completed for Generations.

image.png.a6a633dccfdb7096d24708fbf88bc269.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh. I dig the new render. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Way Past Cool 1