Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

Again I say: there will mostlikely be more DLC. It took them this long to get it out, but I figured you wouldn't get it until after the Japanese release. You can probably expect one update a week for a little while, though they might add more. It would be cool for downloadable Characters and also new Regions all-together, though.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Dude as long as I get my major platforming area that was shown in the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Uyna8f2sI, I dont give a rats ass. And if sega does get smart and add xtra combos to werehog, I think alot more people will finally start to show some love for the poor super level reject. :P

I'd be all over other characters.

Aside from Super Sonic, I'd want to use Shadow in the daytime stages

Totally predictable, totally awesome. I'm really wanting to see Empire City, Spagonia or Adabat get content next. That is, unless we get that new region every Tom, Dick and Harry is asking for.

Here's hoping it's downloadable Mighty.

And Bark the Polarbear for night stages. Place your bets!

^ Uh... yeah, Riiiight... We'd get Chaos before we get any of them.

If we do get any new character models, Shadow and Knuckles are probably really the only ones we'd see, unless they made quite a few. If they did we might see others such as Omega, Amy, maybe Chaos. Shadow and Amy for day; Knuckles, Chaos, and Omega for night. I don't even know if we -will- get new character models, though. Oh, we might also see Metal Sonic for day, too.

Really doubt we'll get characters, but it'd be the best dlc we've ever had *wipes away tear*

EDIT:It's confirmed now, Adabat runs really smoothly now! I am playing the level atm and it is fun to go through. Barely any slowdowns right now.

I never noticed any slowdowns on that level in the past, and no I'm not blind if anyone is going to say to me "OMGZ R U BLIND???".

Anyway, I'm definitely downloading the Chu-Nan level pack once I get more Xbox points.

Already asked this but... anyone else not had any difference on Adabat? It's smoother than it was but it still completely jars when that first large column falls down in the water running section.

That's normal. A lot of the stage runs better, including some forest sections, but when the pillars fall down it still drops dramatically for a couple of seconds. The drops are lesser now so I think the pillar framerate drops are actually more noticable than before.

Holy crap. I've been so busy with MadWorld that I completely missed out on this. Though I hear that the majority of it is a crop of mini-stages...wasn't that much of a fan of them. They were still fun though, and there are apparently a few full stages too. Chun-Nan is a great level too.

This was probably already been talked about elsewhere in the topic, but is it also available for PSN? I'd get it in a heart beat.

*sees Shadzter's post*

Damn, more on the way too. I'd love to see Empire City and Spagonia updated. Apotos and Shamar would be great as well. So would Abadat and...oh hell, ALL these locations are awesome. Even Eggmanland has its charms (I hate the switching though). Of course, new areas entirely would be most desired (P.S. Tokyo please :D ).

I can't say I'd care too much for other characters though....

but Blaze Day and Knuckles Night FTW!

Holy crap. I've been so busy with MadWorld that I completely missed out on this. Though I hear that the majority of it is a crop of mini-stages...wasn't that much of a fan of them. They were still fun though, and there are apparently a few full stages too. Chun-Nan is a great level too.

This was probably already been talked about elsewhere in the topic, but is it also available for PSN? I'd get it in a heart beat.

*sees Shadzter's post*

Damn, more on the way too. I'd love to see Empire City and Spagonia updated. Apotos and Shamar would be great as well. So would Abadat and...oh hell, ALL these locations are awesome. Even Eggmanland has its charms (I hate the switching though). Of course, new areas entirely would be most desired (P.S. Tokyo please :D ).

I can't say I'd care too much for other characters though....

but Blaze Day and Knuckles Night FTW!

The Chun-nan pack will be available in PSN USA and Europe next week...(I hope...)

More DLC confirmed

SEGA Japan have confirmed there will be more DLC released soon -

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/03/14/sega-p...-unleashed-dlc/

*clicks link and reads all of the comments left by SO-called sonic fans*

Fuckin hypocrites! <_< Just as usual, if its not "old school sonic" its garbage. What I say to most of them is "if you dont like the game or sonic, STOP buying the games and go fuck off and play the repetitive FPS (halo, far cry, resistance 1/2). Atleast least sega/sonic team is trying to get back to what they were good at, making sonic fast and fun. And now finally giving us some decent/good/really good DLC, they have a good chance.

Sorry i pressed refeshed and well i X2 posted. :( not my fault!

Edited by SHADIC360©

*clicks link and reads all of the comments left by SO-called sonic fans*

Fuckin hypocrites! <_< Just as usual, if its not "old school sonic" its garbage. What I say to most of them is "if you dont like the game or sonic, STOP buying the games and go fuck off and play the repetitive FPS (halo, far cry, resistance 1/2). Atleast least sega/sonic team is trying to get back to what they were good at, making sonic fast and fun. And now finally giving us some decent/good/really good DLC, they have a good chance.

I gotta agree. Those fans who think they are Sonic fans are far outdated to be considered Sonic fans.

Not trying to sound mean and bad by saying this, but they are not just fit anymore for Sonic, regardless of their social status.

Good on SEGA for taking good care of their most recent 'big' Sonic game I say, although I'm well aware there are many people who don't like Unleashed at all; it would be nice if they at least used their brains when commenting on stuff. This is downloadable content for Sonic Unleashed after all, it's not going to fully transform the game into a 2D sidescroller with completely different gameplay; it's just going to add things to the same game. I have no idea why people are expecting their treasured "classic Sonic" to suddenly reappear after a few megabytes are downloaded...why that makes about as much sense as expecting that same gameplay in a sword swinging game. ;) Bottom line is if you didn't like Sonic Unleashed at all then a few downloaded levels and patches aren't going to change that.

There isn't that much in the latest pack but it's relatively cheap so it's nice as an add-on to stretch the game out a bit more, and with apparently more coming soon I really need to start stacking up on my live points.

I can understand if this was DLC for Sonic '06 or one of the previously shit games, but Unleashed was actually fun and doesn't deserve half the bashing it gets.

I gotta agree. Those fans who think they are Sonic fans are far outdated to be considered Sonic fans.

Not trying to sound mean and bad by saying this, but they are not just fit anymore for Sonic, regardless of their social status.

That's incredibly unreasonable. Just because somebody feels strongly in a way you don't about the series recently does not mean they aren't fans of the franchise.

Ah great, now this thread about new content is going to de-rail into a debate over what makes up a 'fan'. :/

Sadly it's gonna come to that. -_-

So any Votes on the next DLC being SHAMAR?!

That's incredibly unreasonable. Just because somebody feels strongly in a way you don't about the series recently does not mean they aren't fans of the franchise.

Apparently, there is a misunderstanding, Venom.

Nay I mention that I was NOT saying that they were not fans of the franchise. Yes, to each and his own. They are still fans of the series, of course. But believe me, I was not directly saying that they were not Sonic fans.

Possibly, there is not much wrong with being a retro fan, either. However, what I am trying to day is, it is somewhat silly to complain about something that is not going to change to suit their desires at all. Of course, while whining is nothing that can be considered illegal, pointlessly whinging about something they do not like just makes them more foolish and immature. They can at least give some reasons why they thought the DLC sucked.

But even if they were not Sonic fans, that does not mean they have nothing else to play other than Sonic games (DUH!). In fact, even I know that they are not all centered into playing Sonic games. After all, they are called SEGA NERDS. Sega has made more series than just Sonic games. Sure, Sonic may always stay as Sega's flagship character, but even Sega has made games that they like that they may find better than just Sonic games alone, new or old.

But all in all, I am not really saying that they are not Sonic fans at all. When I said "outdated" and "unfit", I meant that they are making themselves look foolish and immature by the way they are acting, and plus; for several reasons, some of those guys are adults, but still seem to be acting immature. They could at least give a reason why Sonic Unleashed sucked (not that it would wholly explain their hatred for newer games), but let us just say that when I said out dated and unfit, that these guys apparently could try to grow up in terms of changing their behavior and acting when it comes to their reaction of things relating to Sonic.

I am not trying to be mean or offensive here. I am just saying that there is more to what I said (which I explained above) than you may have noticed, Venom.

EDIT, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THIS LAST PART SO WE CAN GET BACK ON TOPIC: Now enough of this silly talk. Personally, I'd like some Abadat, Empire City, Shamar, Mazuri DLC and maybe some new continents.

Edited by Flamerstreak

I'm probably just going to wind up buying DLC for Apotos and Spagonia, they're my favorite levels aestetically.