Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

In my defense, I was keeping up to date on anime developments because I was bored and I was convinced after initial announcements that the main characters (Ash and his companions) would all be OCs.

So I've thought for like a week that Dento is an OC, but now this.

Not my fault.

It was your fault and you should feel fault. Wait, what?

Eh, Dento looks much better in game art than anime art, but still looks kinda meh.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I just finally beat that one disco Frontier Brain over at the arcade battle facility. Yes, I know, I suck, which just makes it awesome.

For those who have not seen a shiny in-game, or just wants to see how lucky I was being so silly, here's the battle video number: 92-08553-64234

Have not played Pokémon for a while, until yesterday. It's more fun than ever now, but I am so terrible at building up battle streaks and so. XD

How do YOU remember move type effectiveness?

I usually use the method of "try to to use types based on memory, get hit with a super-effective, FFFFFF-, pull up chart on the internet".

Honestly, I have learnt the entire type effectiveness chart and don't need any of the methods of remembering them to recall them. Albeit, I did have to learn it all since I did want to get good at battling and I needed to know all of it if I wanted to do that, but if you look at it enough times you'll eventually learn it anyway. That's how I did it.

For anybody who's actually interested, PokéPark Wii (Pikachu's Adventure) has been announced for a release date of November 1 in the US.

Below is a small summary of the game; I suggest checking out Serebii's page for the game if you're interested or want more details.

In The Games Department

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - US Release Date

Nintendo has also just announced the release date for the next Pokémon Wii game within the United States, PokéPark Wii. This game is due for release in America on November 1st 2010. This game is an Action-Adventure game where you control Pikachu in a region called the PokéPark. You have to help Mew find the Sky Prisms which are held by owners of attactions which are essentially mini-games.

Honestly, I have learnt the entire type effectiveness chart and don't need any of the methods of remembering them to recall them. Albeit, I did have to learn it all since I did want to get good at battling and I needed to know all of it if I wanted to do that, but if you look at it enough times you'll eventually learn it anyway. That's how I did it.

The same applies to me; it's practically become second nature now, as Blaz can probably vouch for. :P(or anybody else who battles competitively)

Edited by Ovarloard

500x_jennyjoy.jpg

nurse_joy_new.jpg

officer_jenny_new.jpg

I'm speechless :blink:

NO

Fuck every other character in the series, you just CANNOT replace Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.

I seriously hope they're just distant relatives and not total redesigns.

• Thumbs Up 1

NO

Fuck every other character in the series, you just CANNOT replace Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.

To be fair Joy isn't really being redesigned, she actually looks much closer to her gaming counterpart this way.

Plus Isshu is in a completely different country to the other regions, so it's most likely they're just that country's Jenny/Joy.

I personally love the "new" Joy.

Don't like the new Jenny at all though.

NO

Redesign? All they did was give them a new hairdo and clothes. The only difference between international Joys and Jennys is what clothes they wear, and debateably their age (the new ones look noticeably younger).

I feel sorry for Brock...he's gonna be missin' out on some hawt New-Nurse Joy action.

Speaking of that, who's gonna replace Brock in the "Goin' crazy for teh girlz" department? I guess it'd be kinda cool, if that part of Brock's personality rubbed off on Ash after all these years (Who needs to start taking an interest in girls by now anyway :U) But I just don't see that happening; Doesn't really fit his character.

The new Nurse looks plenty more like her ingame counterpart so I don't mind her. To be honest she just looks like an updated Joy.

The Officer is fuck ugly though. And Jenny was just awesome.

I think new-Jenny would be fine with at least just an inch-or-two longer hair.

That and the uniform she's wearing lacks...well, blue.

Also, both character's eyes are wider now, maybe to look more western? Nah, probably just your average stylistic choice.

Edited by Ferno

Speaking of that, who's gonna replace Brock in the "Goin' crazy for teh girlz" department?

Hopefully no one, since it was RARELY ever remotely amusing.

I guess I'm the only one who sort of likes the new Jenny? She's not as improved as the new Joy, but the tie and the short hair are pretty cute.

I like the new Jenny too, I just want moar blue. :U The whole tan uniform will take some getting used too. Also, I hope she still has a motorcycle... I mean come on, ya' can't go wrong with- HAWT CHIX ON MOTARCYCULZ!!1! *bricked*

Brock hasn't really been quality fun for a very very long time.

Dento on the other hand has plenty of room for quality.

Just look at how unbelievably fab he is.

Holy shit. He's going to be the most suave motherfucker that the anime ever saw.

Fuck.

Who needs to start taking an interest in girls by now anyway :U

Nah, Ash is blatantly gay, I mean, why else would he turn down the hot piece of ass that is Misty?

Oh wait yeah he's ten.

Nah, Ash is blatantly gay, I mean, how could he turn down the hot piece of ass that is Misty?

Oh wait yeah he's ten.

Since when do 10 year olds go exploring the world with random strangers off the street?

Since when do 10 year olds go exploring the world with random strangers off the street?

Since Pokémon.

Things are a little more believable in B/W, but before that all the main characters were 10 (although Brock was a bit older anime-wise)

Atfirst I was worried there would be no more mature influence since Dento looks so young, but I'm pretty sure he's a sophisticated chap.

Ash must be like 18 by now though.

which adds credit to the coma theory lolollolololo

which adds credit to the coma theory lolollolololo

What is this 'coma theory' you speak of?

Also, I just remembered Team Rocket are staying in the anime so I don't actually care about Joy and Jenny's changes now.

Since Pokémon.

I was simply saying that ages means almost nothing in Pokémon. Heck, most animated shows have kids living as though they're way older.

What is this 'coma theory' you speak of?

The coma theory is a theory that suggests the lightning bolt that hit Ash at the end of the first episode put him into a coma. After the first few episodes each episode gets progressively more tame as Ash's mind enters a more vegetative state, a fantasy world where everything goes nicely for him, yet he still can't become a Pokémon master.

That and every character he meets represents a part of his suppressed sexuality or psyche.

Yeah, it's nuts.

• Thumbs Up 1