Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

So who here still watches the anime.

I do

sort of.

Kinda is some sort of Guilty Pleasure to me now.

I saw recently the Episode where they Fight Team Galactic for the final time and came to the conclusion that Toxicroak can go Fuck itself in the Bunghole and that I'll never gonna evolve my Croagunk ever

Also, New Nurse Joy design is Nice, But new Jenny Design is absoluteley BLEH in my Opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, just watched the first two episodes of the "Pokemon: Best Wishes" series, and I've gotta say I'm quite surprised that (spoilers)

Team Rocket is actually threatening again. Not only do they get promoted and get the badass black suits, but Jesse actually catches an Isshu Pokemon BEFORE Ash does! Not only that, but she uses it to defeat Ash's Pikachu, Ash's newly caught Pokemon, AND the new girl's Pokemon. It's only thanks to the intervention of the Mijumaru following Ash that their plan is foiled (it throws it's shell boomerang style through their hot air balloon, which I'd just like to add is a spiffy black balloon with an R on it, and no longer the Meowth one), and even when they are foiled, they escape their crashing balloon and still keep up the fight, only fleeing via black smoke bomb as opposed to being blasted off.

I like this quite a bit, and really hope that they can keep this up throughout the season. They even tried using Meowth in battle!

That aside, Best Wishes looks fantastic; I find it's got that quality of animation the movies had over the regular episodes.

Wow, just watched the first two episodes of the "Pokemon: Best Wishes" series, and I've gotta say I'm quite surprised that (spoilers)

Team Rocket is actually threatening again. Not only do they get promoted and get the badass black suits, but Jesse actually catches an Isshu Pokemon BEFORE Ash does! Not only that, but she uses it to defeat Ash's Pikachu, Ash's newly caught Pokemon, AND the new girl's Pokemon. It's only thanks to the intervention of the Mijumaru following Ash that their plan is foiled (it throws it's shell boomerang style through their hot air balloon, which I'd just like to add is a spiffy black balloon with an R on it, and no longer the Meowth one), and even when they are foiled, they escape their crashing balloon and still keep up the fight, only fleeing via black smoke bomb as opposed to being blasted off.

I like this quite a bit, and really hope that they can keep this up throughout the season. They even tried using Meowth in battle!

That aside, Best Wishes looks fantastic; I find it's got that quality of animation the movies had over the regular episodes.

Are there subs out yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And with this Mew I have finally, across multiple games (not one, but still...) CAUGHT THEM ALL. And now to await Gen 5's American release so I can continue to catch 'em all... :\

Same here :D except with me I have a complete Pokédex on Pokémon Platinum.

I considered it "completed" when I got the Diploma, but really I didn't have Mew or Celebi yet. Now I have data for both :D

• 2 weeks later...

Deoxys & Manaphy now available for your HG/SS games, but you'll need Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. You'll also need a friend for multiplayer to get Deoxys

You can get Deoxys and Manaphy for your copy of Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver today download special missions from the Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs is out now and two special multi-player missions are being made available for a limited time only from today. They are Protect The Blue Sphere and Deoxys and The Odd Temple.

Both are available to download via Wi-Fi Connection and while you're playing them you'll encounter exclusive Pokémon that you can transfer to your copy of Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver.

The Protect The Blue Sphere mission is a single-player mission where you can find the Manaphy egg while Deoxys And The Odd Temple is a multi-player mission meaning you'll need to buy Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs and find a friend who also has the game to get hold of Deoxys.

The Deoxys And The Odd Temple mission is the only downloadable mission that you'll need to play with one other player who also has a copy of Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. We understand that you'll only need one copy of the game to get exclusive Pokémon from downloadable missions in the future.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=21197

That's just messed up. As if buying the game to get these Pokémon isn't enough, you also have to find someone with a copy of the game to play multiplayer with to get Deoxys.

That's just messed up. As if buying the game to get these Pokémon isn't enough, you also have to find someone with a copy of the game to play multiplayer with to get Deoxys.

Welcome to the world of Pokemon!

• Thumbs Up 2

Jesus fucking goddamit Game Freeeeeaaaaaaak. I NEED A DEOXYS IT IS THE ONLY EVENT POKÉMON I DON'T HAVE. ARGH.

But hey, if anyone picks up the game, happens to have a friend and wi-fi, and an extra Deoxys... if you get one from Rangers I sure would love it... yes, I sure would...

It would have been nice if they'd at least let you get Deoxys during WiFi multi-play. I don't KNOW anyone else who plays Pokemon in my town! (Well, there's a co-worker's 7-year-old nephew, but I can't quite see myself explaining to his mom.)

And I don't think renting a second game would help, even though I do have a DS and a DSi. Catching a Pokemon in Rangers requires constant action, unlike trading Pokes between two games. I wonder if I could hook my niece on the game. . .

It's the Celebi I still need, though; I have a Gamestop Deoxys, but I'd like a second one for safety reasons. Nasty shock the time I turned on Diamond and it told me my save file was corrupted. (Luckily the backup save was still good.)

Pokémon games have backup saves? News to me. I haven't had a DS file muck up on me, but it's nice to know.

Right now I'm currently anticipating Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. I wish Zorua/Zoroark wasn't an event-exclusive, because those two are probably going to be my favorite 5th generation Pokemon (What can I say, I like foxes. I know I still have a Vulpix in my previous-gen games, but still).

I assume there hasn't been some form of Celebi event yet?

Sort of surprising that Jirachi would go first off the bat. Oh well, I don't mind since Jirachi is my favorite legendary.

Apparently they save twice each time, so there is a backup in case the primary save messes up. I was VERY glad to find this out, as I had over 600 hours and a number of hard-earned shinies on the game.

...Might I ask how you activate these save files? I lost a lot of time in Platinum due to a lost save file, and I'd rather not have it occur again.

They activate of their own accord if they detect that the main save file is corrupt. If neither save file works, you're out of luck. :/

...Might I ask how you activate these save files? I lost a lot of time in Platinum due to a lost save file, and I'd rather not have it occur again.

It's automatic. If something happens that somehow damages you file the backup will be loaded, along with a message saying what's happened. If all data is lost then... tough tits.

EDIT: Didn't notice the post above.

Edited by Blue Blood

• 2 weeks later...
Takeshi Shudou, a keystone writer of the original series, passed away on October 29th from a subarachnoid hemorrhage. The day before, he collapsed in the smoking area of Japan's Nara train station and was rushed to the hospital where he later died. He was only 61.

Shudou is responsible for creating Lugia, writing the first three Pokemon movies, the Mewtwo Returns special, the first and second episodes of the show, and several other episodes: The School of Hard Knocks, Mystery at the Lighthouse, Island of the Giant Pokemon, The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Dig Those Diglett!, Go West, Young Meowth!, Charizard's Burning Ambitions, The Light Fantastic, The Poké Spokesman, The Art of Pokemon, Right On Rhydon, The Joy of Water Pokemon, Fly Me to the Moon, Plant it Now... Diglett Later, Dues and Don'ts!, Xatu the Future, and Enlighten Up!. He was obviously one of the better writers - I know almost all of those episodes just by their name! To watch his episodes, you can search for them on Pokemon.com.

Recently, Pokemon fans translated a series of Shudou's blog entries which discuss a lot about the show, including Team Rocket's identity, why Misty left, his frustrations with other writers, etc. They are extremely interesting, to say the least, so check them out! Rest in peace, Mr. Shudou, and thank you.

• 2 months later...

New Pokémon games coming to Wii and 3DS

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=23258

Thought I'd post it here, since we have no official titles and details on each of the games yet. I'm hoping we get a Wii RPG this time, but I doubt we will. Hopefully the 3DS will get the next generation games and maybe some interesting new spin off's. I bet we'll get another Ranger game at some point, too.

Well the Wii game is obviously the Stadium game for Black and White. And the 3DS game will also no doubt be a spinoff game no one cares about.