Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Am I the only one here who likes the series mostly being left on it's own? =P

If I had to take a guess, it's cause it's so wildly poplar that it doesn't really need cross-promotion. Or maybe the universe just doesn't mix with the others or something.

I know in Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, the Pokemon Pikachu virtual pet was an item you had to retrieve fairly often to give back to your neighbours.

...How did I forget that? Especially after all the times I had to go across town for one of those things because Olivia gave it to Biff, who gave it to Bob, who gave it to Maddie, who...

Okay, I'm done now.

And...In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door there was a town Petalburg, with two fortresses nearby that had a Sun Stone and Moon Stone....

Though, I don't know if that really counts... ^^;;

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't want Gen. 6 already.

I feel like Gen 5 has gotten little attention. For some reason it feels like we're moving too fast. I can barely recall the Pokemon from Gen 5.

The problem I see is that if it is a 3DS Gen 5 game, it will break compatibility with the most likely Gen. 6 game after it.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Looks back at the Kirby stuff* You guys do realize that Kirby isn't made by a 3rd party company like GameFreak, right? HAL Labs is a subsidiary of Nintendo, it's a 1st party development team. Still, Nintendo itself owns the Pokemon franchise, not GameFreak.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't want Gen. 6 already.

I feel like Gen 5 has gotten little attention. For some reason it feels like we're moving too fast. I can barely recall the Pokemon from Gen 5.

You make good points, but.. Pokémon generally gets new Gens every 4 years, so come 2014 it'll be about time to release Gen6.

Announcing Gen6 right at the beginning of 2013 does seem too early though, definitely.

My guess is, the 3DS has been out for a good couple years already and Nintendo really want/need a bigger seller on it, namely Pokémon. They're probably wanting GameFreak to get Gen6 (or at least the first 3DS Pokémon game) out asap. I just hope the game isn't rushed, but I think it's more likely that GF have been working on Gen6 for quite some time already, since before the 3DS came out, alongside BW2 using BW2 as a side project.

Plus I have small suspicions that Gen5's plot elements aren't finished yet, we might see a GSC scenario for Gen6 where Gen6 is an extension of Gen5's story with a smaller selection of new Pokémon (Gen2 only had 99/100 new ones).

Edited by SuperLink

If we do get another Gen V game/game that continues Gen V's plot, I wouldn't mind a change of location. I like Unova and all, but three sets of games in a row there would just kill a lot of it for me. You can change the weather and give or take a few years, but it's still largely the same region. Let's take it somewhere maybe a bit South, maybe like a Mexican/South American-styled region. I think that would be interesting. A nice slew of Ground/Fire/Grass types could reign, then have some nice tropical settings and a neat desert area. 

Man that's not going to happen and I really like the sound of that. (EDIT: Of course...that does sound a bit like Hoenn now that I think about it....)

Edited by Mykonos

I'm personally glad he is. He'll probably announce the big announcement when it comes, so I can just keep it open in another tab and do other stuff while waiting for him to freak out.

Bah, keeps stopping for me! It plays, stops, plays, stops!

Why the hell would you send out a Oshawott against a Hydreigon?

EDIT: And holy fucking shit Ash/Satoshi, evolve your goddamn pokemon.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl
  • Thumbs Up 2

Why doesn't he switch Pokémon? Why the fuck would you make a damaged Pignite fight a Samurott with full hp? Godammit.

• Thumbs Up 6

At least Swanna didn't beat Pikachu that really would have been embarrassing.

EDIT: Nevermind, a Fighting type just obliterated a Flying type.

Edited by SuperLink

Ash would probably use Hyper Beam on a Ghost type since it usually hits really hard if he could. The guys primary tactic is "MOAR DAKKA."

Edited by Malpercio

It's strangely fulfilling to watch grown Japanese adults freak out over Pokemon matches, both in-anime matches and in-person matches.

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 5

Nothin happened.

My guess is they were just there to say something along the lines of "a pokémon announcement in 2 days stay tuned!!!"

The irony is that I'm still watching Best Wishes so I can at least brace myself for the inevitable disappointment of Ash losing yet another League.

Plus I have small suspicions that Gen5's plot elements aren't finished yet, we might see a GSC scenario for Gen6 where Gen6 is an extension of Gen5's story with a smaller selection of new Pokémon (Gen2 only had 99/100 new ones).

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

edit: ash loses pokemon league

Coming up right after the commercial break is a NEW breath taking discovery about grass! It's green!

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

Apparently the next episode is the League finale.. which means Ash prolly loses. He's never won anything before, won't change anytime soon.

But hey the N arc could actually be interesting, all it has going for it is plot.. there's only so much stalling you can do when there's no badges or contests to travel for. I'm probably wrong though, they'll find a way to make it suck.

But man I have all these great ideas for Pokémon games and none of them will come true :(

And Ash is going to lose yet another league battle. Damn it, do these writers love screwing him over or what?

The reveal will be Pokemon "Kai."

...Guy can dream, right? Especially after that re-animated pilot episode as a 15th Anniversary present. :3

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian