Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

"Fun is the last thing we had..." Komaru groans.

Sayaka looks down. "Yeah... saw glimpses of it. At least you saved the kids, right?"

Makoto nods, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah. In the end, that's what matters. We just need a break, now."

Makoto then takes another look at the bright, colorful town. It's a farcry from the bleak Towa City, that's for certain. He can already feel the stress lifting off his shoulders.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Mandrakes watched as some of the skylanders walk through the portal home.

"...Hm, guess we'll never know what kind of demographic he's trying to attract." Ashlyn mused.

"Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter now." Aspen pointed at the empty spot where his vine once was, "Let's just get home, huh? My arm ain't gonna grow back itself. Some water and light should probably do the trick.

With a nod, Ashlyn took the lead, Aspen following behind her. The quest was over, and now they were in need for some rest and relaxation. The worst they'll have to worry about now was what game should they play, and what topping of pizza should they get.

Pixels followed behind, calming himself down.

"Well it's all over now." Pixels sighed, "Man oh man... I need a break."

18 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

As the Skylanders return to Club Penguin, they're surprised to see the entire island decorated for two occasions. Firstly, the island had a massive Christmas Tree in the centre of the island. All around the island was also small coin cauldrons with small signs on them. 

"Coins for Change! - Help Save a Multiverse!" the sign read. There was tons of Christmas Decorations around the island. But that wasn't all.

Playing on several big-screens around the island was this: 

There was several banners and themed decorations. It seemed the Skylanders back on Club Penguin had just got through celebrating Mega Man's newest adventure, especially since he was out of action for so long. 

"For the love of infinity... how long has he been playing that thing?" Katii scoffed as she sat on Hiss's shoulder.

"Hiss happy for Mega." Hiss smiled as she watched Megaman on the screen, "Hiss not sure what going on, but Hiss still very happy!"

"I'm pretty dang happy myself!" Mouseboy grinned as he walked up beside them, "A new Megaman game! One with a new-ish art direction! How long has it been since the last game?"

Katii turned to see the skylanders step out of the portal. She was a little surprsied to see some of them looking kind of weary, and Pixels looking very unsure of himself. Reguardless, she was happy they were all back, safe and sound... The christmas spirit was in the air, and the catling was happy to share the christmas spirit with everyone.

"Hey guys! Glad to see you back!" Katii greeted, "Merry christmas!"

"Chris- mass?"

Ashlyn asked with a confused expression as she looked around to see decorations, all over the place and a tree sitting right in the middle of it all. As soon as it sunk in, her eye began to glow with delight.

"Ohmygawdsitotallyforgot!" Ashlyn squeed, "It's Winterseve day!"

"Already?" Aspen scratched his head, "Weird, I could have sworn Thanksfurturky day was the one that was coming up."

"Who cares! It's Winterseve!"

As Ashlyn celebrated the time of year,  Pixels walked up to Mouseboy with a smile.

"Hey man, what's up?" Mouseboy could tell his friend wasn't as happy as he made himself look, "Mission go well?"

"Uh... yeah, yeah." Pixels said as he turned to the Christmas tree, "Let's go to the christmas tree. I'll tell you all about it."

• Thumbs Up 4

Running to the town, holding a clipboard, Sonic is seen pointing at decorations and counting to himself.

"Okay! Everything's unpacked and accounted for!" He says. The Sentinel tosses away his clipboard and dusted himself off.

"What was that for?" Kyubey asks.

"I was assigned to check on the decorations. You know, to make sure everything is being used and nothing was stolen since the island's shutdown. A lot of unpacking was done." Sonic replies. "But... we're all good."

• Thumbs Up 2

“Guh...we need a nap after this fiasco,” Burnie said rubbing his heading to their igloo.

”Yeah, let’s hope Chomp didn’t destroy everything and make us find another one...” Skeet said annoyed.

Their new Puffle wasn’t exactly the most tame fellow around so it was part of the Doofs’ responsibility feline check on it.

Mo on the other hand was happy to get in on the holidays.

”ALL RIGHT! It’s that time of year again, I hope Santa bring that Atomic Chicken Obliterator I asked for last Easter!” Mo said joyfully. 

“In fact...?It almost makes me want to sing...?”

DONT!” The other yelled from afar.

• Thumbs Up 4

17 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

As the Skylanders return to Club Penguin, they're surprised to see the entire island decorated for two occasions. Firstly, the island had a massive Christmas Tree in the centre of the island. All around the island was also small coin cauldrons with small signs on them. 

latest?cb=20151216210855

"Wow, is this because of that weird floating Santa Claus?" Daniel admired the lights and the tree and Dave finally loses his patience. He grabs a handful of Daniel's hair and starts pulling him away.

"That does it, you've been acting stupider than normal. I'm taking you to the Med Bay!" "Ow...ow. I'm not wearing a wig, stop pulling!"

Toko was lost in thought, staring at the lights. Alisa approaches her from behind and holds Toko's arm.

"I still have to keep a promise I made during that mission." Alisa says as she smiles at Toko who only stares back, looking nervous.

"Y-You mean...my injuries? I'm fine, I'm totally cured. It's a Christmas miracle..." Toko really didn't want to go and be poked around by penguin doctors but Alisa knew full well that she was trying to bluff her way out of it.

"Sorry but this is for you're own good." Alisa replies, while Toko glances over at Komaru. She looked happy and at ease again after that ordeal.

"Fine." She begrudgingly says. "Just make sure Komaru doesn't notice. Let her have a little fun....I don't want her to worry about me..."

Toko looks down sheepishly as she admits that and Alisa simply nods as the two start to quietly walk to the Med Bay as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

latest?cb=20160712222859

"Goodbye..."

Those were the last words anyone would hear Cole Phelps say before he was swept away by the powerful rush of water in the sewers of Los Angeles.

A once revered detective, his reputation had taken a huge hit after it was revealed he had cheated on his wife with a German woman, a crime punishable by law.

He had managed to save all his companions from drowning, but he was too late to save himself, and indeed, his life was flashing before him as he felt the life fade away from him.

All his achievements, all the mistakes he made during the war and outside of it...

But, as he was about to pass out from lack of oxygen, a light fast approached him...

Soon after, Phelps slowly awoke, coughing out water, and got up to look around at his new surroundings.

It was...a beach...?

"Finbarr?!" He yelled, trying to find his companions, "Kelso?! Biggs?!"

No response...

• Thumbs Up 8

3 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

"Goodbye..."

Those were the last words anyone would hear Cole Phelps say before he was swept away by the powerful rush of water in the sewers of Los Angeles.

A once revered detective, his reputation had taken a huge hit after it was revealed he had cheated on his wife with a German woman, a crime punishable by law.

He had managed to save all his companions from drowning, but he was too late to save himself, and indeed, his life was flashing before him as he felt the life fade away from him.

All his achievements, all the mistakes he made during the war and outside of it...

But, as he was about to pass out from lack of oxygen, a light fast approached him...

Soon after, Phelps slowly awoke, coughing out water, and got up to look around at his new surroundings.

It was...a beach...?

"Finbarr?!" He yelled, trying to find his companions, "Kelso?! Biggs?!"

No response...

Walking across the snowy beaches to find someone stranded, Teddie hastily waddles his way to the stranger.

"W-Whoa! I didn't know the sea can spit out people! I can't bear-lieve it!" He exclaims.

Running towards Cole, Teddie waves his hands to get his attention.

ecMOEBx.jpg

"Hellooooo? Man of the seaaaaa?" He greets.

• Thumbs Up 4

Shocked by the sight of a giant walking...bear-thing, Phelps shot up and pointed his gun towards the creature.

"Cole Phelps! LAPD! Who the hell are you?!"

As he aimed the gun at the creature, he look a quick glance around his new surroundings.

With a long beach and this odd thing right in front of him, this was certainly not LA...

Phelps.png

Edited by dwibs93
  • Thumbs Up 8

Teddie puts his hands up. Sweat drips down his bear suit in response to this hostile action.

"Wah! He ain't no Naoto, that's for sure!" He mutters, shaking.

"The name's T-Teddie, sir! I'm a good bear, I swear!"

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

Shocked by the sight of a giant walking...bear-thing, Phelps shot up and pointed his gun towards the creature.

Spoiler

Phelps.png

tumblr_oazxh4OlZj1rqp6teo2_500.gif

"Hey guys what's going on-GAH!?" Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey had been walking along the beach until they'd noticed the scene going on. They'd approached, but well, as Wright luck would have it, right as the gun came out!

12 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Teddie puts his hands up. Sweat drips down his bear suit in response to this hostile action.

"Wah! He ain't no Naoto, that's for sure!" He mutters, shaking.

"The name's T-Teddie, sir! I'm a good bear, I swear!"

"Y-yeah! Uhh, Agent Phelps!?", Maya said, sweating. "Hang on! LAPD? You're from Los Angeles just like Detective Gumshoe is of our police department!", Maya said. "Nick's a lawyer! He can vouch for Teddie!"

"Wait what?", Phoenix said caught a bit off guard.

"Come on Nick. You at least owe it to him as a friend and a fellow Sam Riegler", Maya whispered winking to Phoenix.

"Umm, yeah, I guess", Phoenix said regaining his composure. He turned to Cole Phelps and gave him a somewhat relaxed gaze as he stood up for Teddie.

tumblr_o76b66EvuS1v9ed8ro1_500.gif

"Ahem. Phoenix Wright. Ace Attorney at law. I can assure, no one here at present means you harm sir", Phoenix explained.

• Thumbs Up 4

While the creature looked odd to a guy used to murders and other crimes in the relatively normal world of 1940's LA, Phelps realized that it didn't seem harmful, and lowered his weapon.

"Sorry," he said, "I usually get jumpy when I see costumes."

"My name is Cole Phelps, I'm a detective with the LAPD." He continued, "And you are...?"

• Thumbs Up 4

Inkwelle, whom was taking a stroll around the beach, noticed Teddie running over towards what appeared to be a body on the beach. Curious, and wanting to help out, Inkwelle ran towards the two.

Spoiler

Inkwelle Happy by LordRobrainiac

"Hey mr Teddie!" Inkwelle called out, "Do you need any help, pal? I'll be more than happy to-"

15 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

Spoiler

Inkwelle Surprise by LordRobrainiac

"EEEK! D-Don't shoot me! I'm... I'm just a toon!" Inkwelle screeched to a halt, his hands in the air, and quivering in fear.

Inkwelle met a lot of during his time at the Skylanders academy, but none had ever pointed a gun at anyone upon their first meeting. Now this was quite the unusual fellow.

While the creature looked odd to a guy used to murders and other crimes in the relatively normal world of 1940's LA, Phelps realized that it didn't seem harmful, and lowered his weapon.

"My name is Cole Phelps, I'm a detective with the LAPD." He continued, "And you are...?"

Spoiler

Inkwelle Sheepish by LordRobrainiac

Inkwelle gulped, his hands still in the air, but this time he put a smile on, "G-golly sir, you gave me quite the scare. Hehehehe...."

The toon straightened out his hat and cleared his throat as he approached the newcomer. "Hello, good sir, and fellow detective! My name's Detective Orville T. Inkwelle! But you can call me Inkwelle."

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

"Umm, yeah, I guess", Phoenix said regaining his composure. He turned to Cole Phelps and gave him a somewhat relaxed gaze as he stood up for Teddie.

"Ahem. Phoenix Wright. Ace Attorney at law. I can assure, no one here at present means you harm sir", Phoenix explained.

"Oh, thanks for backing me up, Mr. Wright!" Teddie says, hugging the lawyer. He then turns to Cole. It's clear that this first impression has scared the crap out of the poor bear.

2 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

"...U-Uh, my name's Teddie... Sir." He tells Cole. Releasing himself from Pheonix, he continues to stand up normally.

"Oh? You're a detective! I'm kiiinda a detective myself! I'm with the Inaba Investigation Team! Nice to meet ya!"

Whether or Teddie was a good detective, however is debatable.

• Thumbs Up 4

"Um...yes, it's nice to meet you all..." Phelps said nervously.

He'd gone from seedy LA to something you'd expect to see in the dailies, not in real life. Yet here he was.

But, as a war and LAPD veteran, he had no time to ponder, and had to find out what was going on.

"If you don't mind, ladies and gentlemen," He said, "I have a few questions. Who's first?"

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

9 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

In the distance, someone was watching the new detective pulling a weapon on Teddie, and then introducing himself. As he did so, he got a small smirk. 

epV2A6S.gif

"A new detective. Bruce'll be excited to know he's got competition". Nightwing said. Within a few seconds, the sound of a grappling gun being fired could be heard.

Nightwing suddenly dropped down, looking directly at the detective. A vigilante and a police officer, meeting together. That might go well.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

"Um...yes, it's nice to meet you all..." Phelps said nervously.

He'd gone from seedy LA to something you'd expect to see in the dailies, not in real life. Yet here he was.

But, as a war and LAPD veteran, he had no time to ponder, and had to find out what was going on.

"If you don't mind, ladies and gentlemen," He said, "I have a few questions. Who's first?"

Before anyone could speak up, Shuichi walks in.

RiJ0SLb.jpg

"U-Uhhh... am I intruding on something?" The boy asks.

Recognizing Shuichi's appearance, Teddie flails his arms, forgetting about the subject at hand.

"Geez! What's with all the detectives coming here?!" He yells.

"...Contrived writing?" Shuichi proposes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, it seemed that Phelps would have to ask the lawyer first, as he seemed to be the only one of the group close to his version of normality.

He took out his notebook, with three subjects he needed to ask Mr. Wright about:

• Where Am I?
  • Who are you?
  • Was I brought here?

He asked the first one.

"Mr. Wright," he said, "I need to know where I am, and I need you to tell me."

• Thumbs Up 7

"So... who is that?" Shuichi asks Teddie, leaning to get down on his level.

"His name is Cole. The water gave birth to him!" Teddie answers non-chalantly.

Shuichi observes Cole as he asks the questions to Pheonix. There's no way Teddie's claim makes any sort of sense.

"...Right..." He replies, doubtful.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Before anyone could speak up, Shuichi walks in.

"U-Uhhh... am I intruding on something?" The boy asks.

Recognizing Shuichi's appearance, Teddie flails his arms, forgetting about the subject at hand.

"Geez! What's with all the detectives coming here?!" He yells.

"...Contrived writing?" Shuichi proposes.

"I dunno. It's almost as if forces beyond our control are interested in the newcomer because he's a detective," Inkwelle guessed "And every detective on the island wants to meet him... It's as if something wants all the detectives to unite, you know? It would be the perfect opprotunity, after all!"

A brief moment of silence, as everyone gave Inkwelle an odd look. Inkwelles stopped smiling as his eyes darted around awkwardly. With another quick clearing of his throat, his smile faded and he put a serious look on his face.

"Uh... T'was just a joke, pals." Inkwell said, "I'm sure it's all just one big coincidence."

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, dwibs93 said:

Well, it seemed that Phelps would have to ask the lawyer first, as he seemed to be the only one of the group close to his version of normality.

He took out his notebook, with three subjects he needed to ask Mr. Wright about:

• Where Am I?
  • Who are you?
  • Was I brought here?

He asked the first one.

"Mr. Wright," he said, "I need to know where I am, and I need you to tell me."

Spoiler

Ace-Attorney-05-f1-700x385.jpg

"Ooh! Look out Nick! Look's like he's giving you a cross examination of sorts!", Maya teased. Phoenix rolled his eyes at this.

"Right then! Mr. Phelps! You seemed to arrived on the shores of the current base of head quarters for a multiverse band of heroes. Namely, Skylanders Academy", the lawyer said straightening his tie. He was used to giving questions too so he knew to keep things straight and to the point.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ace-Attorney-05-f1-700x385.jpg

"Ooh! Look out Nick! Look's like he's giving you a cross examination of sorts!", Maya teased. Phoenix rolled his eyes at this.

"Right then! Mr. Phelps! You seemed to arrived on the shores of the current base of head quarters for a multiverse band of heroes. Namely, Skylanders Academy", the lawyer said straightening his tie. He was used to giving questions too so he knew to keep things straight and to the point.

For a lawyer who seemed just as out of place here as Phelps was, he seemed to know the place and situation well.

Deciding that Mr. Wright was telling the Truth, he took the gentle approach with asking him to elaborate.

"An 'Academy', sir?" he asked.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, dwibs93 said:

For a lawyer who seemed just as out of place here as Phelps was, he seemed to know the place and situation well.

Deciding that Mr. Wright was telling the Truth, he took the gentle approach with asking him to elaborate.

"An 'Academy', sir?" he asked.

"Yeah! It's an Academy for Suuuuperheroes on this island of Penguins!" Teddie says, cheering.

Shuichi, looking at Cole's attire steps in for a moment. Despite being afraid to talk to new people, he takes a deep breath and speaks out.

"E-Excuse me... I have a question of my own. What... year are you from?"

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Yeah! It's an Academy for Suuuuperheroes on this island of Penguins!" Teddie says, cheering.

Shuichi, looking at Cole's attire steps in for a moment. Despite being afraid to talk to new people, he takes a deep breath and speaks out.

"E-Excuse me... I have a question of my own. What... year are you from?"

Content with what he learned from Teddie, Phelps decided to humor the nervous looking individual who asked him.

"I'm from the year 1947." He said gently.

Crossing out the first question from the notebook, he asked the group the next one.

"You say you're 'superheroes'," he said, "on an island of 'penguins'. You expect me to believe that?"

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

Content with what he learned from Teddie, Phelps decided to humor the nervous looking individual who asked him.

"I'm from the year 1947." He said gently.

Crossing out the first question from the notebook, he asked the group the next one.

"You say you're 'superheroes'," he said, "on an island of 'penguins'. You expect me to believe that?"

Shuichi turns to Teddie. He nudges him.

Teddie, bouncing immediately complies. Summoning a card out of thin air, he slashes it with his claws.

"PERSONA!!"

Spoiler

latest?cb=20161019075731

Rising from a bright light, Teddie's Persona, Kintoki-Douji flies above Cole.

"Weeelcome to 2017!" Teddie laughs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meanwhile, in another part of the island, someone was packing their bags as Kat dropped in. 

"...Clean clothes, check. Hair dye, check. Skye...check". Raven said, as she began checking things off in a checklist. 

Raven suddenly walked back slightly as Kat pushed past her, slamming down on her own bed as Dusty crawled over to her pet bed next to Kat's bed. 

"...Well, nice to see you in the holiday spirits". Raven sarcastically said as she continued to pack. She looked over to Kat, who simply moaned as Raven made her comment. 

"I just got back from an adventure, I just wanna shower, get some food, sleep, and start getting our Christmas decorations up. You're not skipping out of it this yea-" Kat said, as she moved her head slightly, seeing Raven packing her bags. 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170510031609

"Uh, Raven, are you planning a Christmas vacation? Because I can't help but feel we're gonna be needed around here". Kat asked.

"It's a non issue. Because you're staying here, I'm heading home". Raven replied coldly as she continued to pack.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170510031500

"Wait, what?! Are you still mad at me for the time I replaced your hairdye with blue so it'd match your gravity shifting colour?" Kat asked angrily. 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170320211756

"First off, if I was still mad, you would be sleeping out in the slush tonight instead of in this igloo. Secondly, no, that's not it". Raven said, as she continued to pack. 

"Then what is it?! Raven, this is supposed to be Christmas, the time for spending with our friends. I was gonna ask Syd, Yunica, Cecie and Lisa to visit us!" Kat said, berating her friend. 

"Because while you were away, Syd sent a distress signal. Something bad's happening in Heksville". Raven responded in the same silent tone. 

"H-He did?! H-Heksville's in trouble?! Then I'm coming with you!" Kat insisted. 

"No, you aren't. You said it yourself, the Skylanders might need the help of a gravity shifter. I'm sure you can handle it for a few weeks without me being there to fix your screw-ups". Raven commented, trying to lighten the situation. 

"N-No! You're my friend, that's my home! I can't just sit here and do nothing!" Kat retorted. 

latest?cb=20170919064702

"I'm going, you're staying. That's final". Raven said, as she shot a look at Kat. 

"...I hate when you use that card" Kat said, sulking. 

Raven stopped her packing and walked over to her best friend, placing her hand on Kat's shoulder.

"I came here because I thought you were in danger. I saw you die Kat, I saw my best friend die. I couldn't bare seeing that happen again". Raven said, her usually stotic voice shaking.

"Syd said the city was a mess...and after what happened to you the last time you tried to save everyone..." Raven said, sounding like she was about to tear up as she did so.

"No. I refuse to put you into that dangerous situation again. So if you care about me as your best friend, you'll remain here and help the Skylanders, and let me handle this. I can't live with that again Kat". Raven said to her friend. 

Kat didn't respond, simply dragging Raven into for a hug as Kat began to cry a little. 

"...B-Be safe. I don't want to lose you either". Kat said through her crying. Usually, Raven would've tried to get out of this hug, but under the circumstances, she simply returned the hug as the two girls tried to come to grips with the situation.

• Thumbs Up 5