Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Now, here's a curious question:

If IDW Sonic had a Forces adaptation, how would that work?

There is no Classic Sonic. An avatar does not work in a comic.

How would you make such a thing work?

Huh I thought they could use the Avatars as a separate group for a while should an adaption for Forces happen. 

But if that isn't the case, then they could use new characters (heck even give them decent character designs), or bring the freedom fighters in this... If they can be used in this comic.

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Lacking 2/3 of the game's playable characters and whatever plot points are reliant on them would probably make for a pretty poor adaptation, though.

At some point you're changing so much you can't reasonably even call it an adaptation anymore.

That never stopped Archie.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

I think Ian has a good grasp on Sonic as a character, especially in the last few years of the book / post-reboot. He has impatient "jerkish" moments (and as I see it, that's perfectly in line with say, SA1/2) but nothing too far...then again my memory's terrible and it's been a while since I read any issues. XP

Well, I feel there's a bit of a balancing act with Sonic's more "jerkish" moments that he tended to fail at getting down from time to time. He has that quality to him, of course, in every iteration of the character that exists, but like with any adaptation of the character, how it's used will often determine what separates one version of Sonic from another.

For me, there were times where sometimes his behavior towards a certain situation or lack of any kind of general understanding for someone else's plight would kind of grate on me. The kind of Sonic that I was ideally into was someone who took care of the situation at hand and didn't mind a bit of snark while he did it but also ultimately showed that he had a good heart and didn't take things too personally at the end of the day.  Kind of like how he was at the end of Sonic and the Black Knight. Not to say that I never want him to get mad at someone or anything like that but there's ways to do it without making him look like a tool.

I remember the courtroom scene where Geoffery St. John was put on trial for betraying the kingdom for instance. Yeah, it makes perfect sense for him to not be at all liked by anyone there but the issue in question took the time to pour his backstory out at me and actually got me to feel a bit sorry for him. So when Sonic's in the stands, screaming about how much of a jerk he is followed by him then whooping and hollering n celebration when the guy is given the guilty sentence, it kind of threw me off. 

I got it. He had every right to be unsympathetic towards him but Sonic being THAT vindictive (and disruptive) towards somebody whom the book just got done telling me didn't have any outwardly vicious or evil motivation for doing what he did never felt right. It showed me Geoffery crying as a kid in one of the flashback panels for goodness sake. Sonic should be more well-aware of how hard the lives of all of them were and how the decisions they've made aren't as black and white as "This guy good, this guy bad". Sure, go and do what you have to do to protect the Kingdom but the book often tied him to it so hard that it felt like he wasn't really much of a guy who fought for freedom but rather for the law of the land. Someone like me who sees Sonic as a guy who would do whatever he thought was right, even if it broke the law (and apparently Tails is too since he didn't have much a problem breaking into Prison Island and destroying all the military's stuff to break him out) couldn't see him TWISTING the knife in like that after the guy he "brought to justice" had already been captured, put on trial, and sentenced. 

Whether it was right or wrong of him to act like that it really didn't feel like something Sonic would do, in any situation, no matter how much he hated the person. I feel like if he knew who that person was personally and had an understanding of their backstory like he did, regardless if he still hated him, he would at least be tactful enough to keep his mouth shut and not act like he was a college frat boy celebrating the victory of his favorite football team.

Then there were other things like how he kept beating up Silver for saying things he didn't like hearing. I understood him getting annoyed by Silver constantly showing up to say "Hey, this time one of your other childhood friends is the traitor who devastated the future world I live in" as it's a very horrible and dickish thing to say to somebody... but at the same time, the overbearing seriousness behind the fact that Silver's future IS destroyed and that he's trying to find out how it happened should have been something that when Silver finally stopped being aggressive about it and decided he just wanted to resolve it calmly,  Sonic should have been able to at least meet him halfway on things.

And the moment where Silver calmed down and tried to be rational and understanding of Sonic's position while calmly saying that it was actually Sally who was the traitor, instead of Sonic going "Oh, that makes sense. She's currently a robot and we all KNOW that she's a robot working for Eggman against her will right now. We're on a mission to find Robo-Sally at this very moment in fact"... he instead decides he's gonna attack him again! Amy too!  They get stopped by Tails and an OC character I can't remember the name of but I always try and imagine what the next panel would have been had Tails not done that.

Like, would it have been Sonic beating up Silver because he said something that hurt his fee-fees? Not even him doing anything this time but just saying something that they immediately should have recognized was something that was happening because SALLY WAS A ROBOT NOW. They had multiple fights AGAINST her at this point in the story. It still baffles me that Sonic and Amy's reaction to that wasn't "It must be Mecha Sally" but instead "LET'S BEAT UP SILVER FOR SAYING SOMETHING OBVIOUS THAT WE DON'T LIKE HEARING!"

I understand the comics were a different medium from the games. I understand that the story arc in question had them facing personal conflicts and turmoil that were much harsher and riled their emotions up more than usual. However, I feel like some of that only makes a viable excuse to a point. Even when he's initially lashing out at the point in time where he does this yet again, the Mecha Sally thing had been going on for FAR too long. He should have been a bit more open to hearing stuff he didn't like said to him if it were being proposed as a possible solution towards the very serious dilemma that was going on at the time. Especially when it wasn't even anything malicious. 

The most extreme example of him going overboard with his emotions would still have to be that House of Cards storyline where he says the worst thing I've ever heard any version of Sonic say:

House_of_Cards.png

Now, thankfully, this was way EARLY in Ian's time managing everything and Sonic's never quite reached "HOLY SHIT" levels of assholery like this ever again. However, I've seen bits and pieces of things that don't quite veer away from it.Or at least kept it in my head that it was something that was once said.

Ultimately, it's because Sonic in the Archie comics was definitely just a soldier; a police-officer. Archie Sonic says its wrong for people to be broken out of prison if the authority of the Kingdom decides it's the law. Sonic Adventure 2 Sonic is okay with Tails breaking into Prison Island to break him out of jail because neither of them gave a crap what the authority of world decided was the law. When I'm pitted with these two versions of Sonic and one is the one I grew up with an another is based in something so wildly different, there's a bit of a hump that you're not fully able to get over as a result.

It's a different continuity and it has the right to be different so I tried my best to keep my anger in check, despite never silencing myself when it came to vetoing how things came across before the cancellation. However, it's still a worry that I have about him. Now that Ian is back there's chances those moments might creep back in. I'm not worried about him being supreme asshole Sonic again of course. Just more of the outwardly jerky moments I couldn't stomach.

Granted there's also a chance it might not. Sonic, post-reboot, as we've both said, was much better in this regard. He still had things that bogged him down for me and there were still instances where he reacted too strongly or in a way that I felt was too mean for the character (like there were literal times where he'd randomly make fun of one of his friends in a way that didn't feel playful or call someone he just met a stupid name and then laugh at his own joke) but it was an improvement.

Despite this huge write up it's not a BIG worry or anything. He got better enough by the time of the books cancellation that I can feel more confident it won't be anywhere near as bad as the examples I gave above.

• Thumbs Up 1

My opinion of Ian's interpretation of Sonic is that it's fine personality wise, but I feel that he makes Sonic too much of a team player. I don't think there's a single instance in his run with Sonic where he's ever alone by himself or doing things his own way without the support of a team, or being the one providing support. I'm not saying that Sonic shouldn't have those moments (otherwise how would I explain Sonic Heroes), but if there's one aspect of his character that is one of his most identifying traits it would be that he's a loner, and always been one, which is something I feel Ian has failed to capture in his writing.

As much as I enjoyed the Freedom Fighters, I've always found it questionable that Sonic would be an official part of their group; Sonic is supposed to be the personification of freedom so why would he be tied down with a commitment to an organization, or show respect to a higher authority like the Kingdom of Acorn? He's always on the move and never stays in one place for too long. This is why the infamous "Long time, no see" quote exists, he never spends time with his friends outside of their adventures defeating Eggman (aside from maybe Tails since he's responsible for the maintenance of the Tornado, but even then he still says the line to him).

I guess my point is that I hope with the fresh start that Ian is being given with a new comic at IDW, maybe he'll decide to actually portray Sonic as the somewhat selfish, egotistical loner with a heart of gold that the games always seemed to present him as (at least that's how I saw it, believe me I'm well aware this is a bit of a selfish desire myself). I guess if I could provide a comparison I'd say Sonic is very similar to Spike from Cowboy Bebop, just without the dark criminal past of course. Actually I think Cowboy Bebop's episodic nature is something that would translate well with Sonic: the characters of the show are always on the move across the world they inhabit, getting into misadventures with the enigmatic and strange people they encounter along the way, something I think embodies Sonic's always on the move nature to a T.

I wouldn't want the entire comic to operate on an episodic structure though, certainly the occasional story arc would be required where Sonic battles against Eggman or even other villains with the occasional assistance of his friends, but having an episodic reprieve for a few issues after the conclusion of one wouldn't be too bad. Hell, they could even include them as a second story of an issue like how Archie used to structure the comics before Sonic Universe became the only place for side stories, that always made it feel like I was getting my money's worth out of an issue so I kind of miss it. Regardless of how IDW decides to structure the comic, I'm optimistic for whatever Ian's got cooking up for a new series. A fresh start is just what this series needed after 20 years of Archie's baggage.

• Thumbs Up 2

@Dr. Detective Mike I agree with you honestly, my only semi-disagreement is on the incident with Silver. It's not that I disagree that Sonic and Amy would have been going too far if they had attacked him over that, but I see stuff like that as the characters not being in a great state of mind because of the circumstances (i.e. Sally getting roboticized). That's no excuse of course, but it is...I'm going to use this word very loosely but, realistic? Like, from their perspective this guy kept showing up to try and excuse a traitor, never actually pulled that off while causing trouble for everyone, and then when he finally got it right...he was too late anyway. I'd snap at that point and under circumstances like that too.

And in the meta sense, this is an action/superheroish series so, in some cases, I'm more forgiving of characters leaping right into attack mode when it's against other superpowered idiots. Silver probably woulda been fine.

Take this all with a huge grain of salt however, as I'm commenting as someone who hasn't read that issue. I stopped buying the book when the first Mega Man crossover happened (I figured I'd wait for trades, which I...never ended up getting, whoops) and for whatever reason didn't start reading again until post-reboot.

But I do remember the issue where Silver showed up to accuse Antoine right after the dude got blown up and Sonic literally dragged him to the hospital by the quills. I'll defend that bit to the grave.

Spoiler

Also for the record: I kinda like Silver (and straight up love his Archie incarnation, even!), but that moment was somehow really satisfying. Just look at this.

18-1024x583.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

And that makes one thing I hope is part of Sonic's character in IDW Sonic comics.

In that, he's not following anyone's orders or rules. Sonic is care-free, a free spirit. Follows his own rules, does his own thing. He doesn't conform to anything, he prefers his own way. If he was part of a team, he'd expect people to follow him (and that's usually the case), and not him follow them. He'll only follow others if it benefits him, which is pretty rare.

You even see such things happen with the Freedom Fighters from time to time. Sonic is not the leader, but he still runs off to do his own thing, and they follow. And when Sonic's told to do something, he either refuses, begrudgingly does it, or does it his own way. Of course, that's how I see it, it may not be the case.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Admittedly it's been awhile since I read anything from the comics (thanks hiatus that ultimately became the series' cancellation), so perhaps I'm remembering how Sonic acted on missions with the Freedom Fighter incorrectly, but I think my point still stands. Even Dr. Detective Mike mentioned in his post that Sonic was essentially a police officer under the command of Sally and her father, and I feel that there's no way in hell Sonic would ever make that kind of commitment to authority. Just the idea of Sonic acting as the long arm of the law is a bit difficult for me to stomach, and is certainly one of the many issues that made House of Cards the infamous story that it is. I look at Sonic's acts of heroism as wanton acts of vigilantism that he does for self fulfillment first, and because it's the right thing second.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I always saw Sonic's loyalty to the Mobotropolis government being tied to his friendship with Sally more than anything. I don't recall if that came across as the actual intent even in Ian's era, though. As I remember it he wasn't really a fan of the council or w/e but didn't seem to care much? I would've liked to see him rebel against them + the royals regularly, especially if at first it caused some conflict between him and Sally, since I don't remember anything like that either? ...Just spitballing really, and I guess it won't be relevant here, cuz even if the FF do make it in, I don't think they'll be main characters who appear constantly. 

Like others have said, the teaser art seems to suggest a focus on the "main four" as the protagonists, which I'm excited about depending on how it goes. "Mega Drive-ish shenanigans BUT as an ongoing (meaning it can pace itself out more + have more plot), using characters and concepts from throughout the series" is an exciting prospect to me. I genuinely think that, at absolute worst, this is gonna be fun. And hey, I'll take that.

My big concern right now is the art. Hesse not doing interiors (for now?) is disappointing, but hopefully they're bringing in other veteran Sonic artists and/or finding suitable new ones. I know at least one of the former Archie artists is, understandably, very unhappy with how this all went down, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the others felt the same way and didn't bother applying, or said no if approached. If so, I futilely hope nobody bothers them about it, cuz honestly? I can respect that.

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

And that makes one thing I hope is part of Sonic's character in IDW Sonic comics.

In that, he's not following anyone's orders or rules. Sonic is care-free, a free spirit. Follows his own rules, does his own thing. He doesn't conform to anything, he prefers his own way. If he was part of a team, he'd expect people to follow him (and that's usually the case), and not him follow them. He'll only follow others if it benefits him, which is pretty rare.

You even see such things happen with the Freedom Fighters from time to time. Sonic is not the leader, but he still runs off to do his own thing, and they follow. And when Sonic's told to do something, he either refuses, begrudgingly does it, or does it his own way. Of course, that's how I see it, it may not be the case.

Sonic follows directions all the time. 

I never saw sonic as the leader of anything, sonic's a good point guy though. He rushes in and casues a distraction while the people with actual plans and shit go do stuff. My issue is his character being limited to a group, when its out of character for him. 

But this isn't just a comic book problem, the games have this odd obsession with keeping characters in groups... because...reasons? Like you talk about the FF at least narrative wise it kind of made sense, team dark has never made sense... ever. From both a narrative or tactical stand point. It is a team formed because they needed a team for sonic heroes/to make shadow look cool, and that's about as far as it goes. They have interesting interactions sure, but they don't actually like... do anything that really requires a team for the most part, in game or in comic. Heck multiple instances in the comic where shadow could have talked to rouge with some form of communicator or whatever and the story would have just about the same emotional weight, pacing and everything. Emotional support is fine... if they were outlaws, they are agents, they don't really need to be around each other to do a job

A lot of people give sonic shit for kind of being out of character on a team, but at least they semi justify it by having him face tasks he can't just.. speed his way through. I think he shouldn't be on a team all the time, or maybe often. But I don't think ist out of character, or he shouldn't be following anyone's rules. He does it all time. And at least the comics did better to justify that then  the team dark situation of , no one on this team is of use except one guy and he's supposed to look cool. 

12 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Like others have said, the teaser art seems to suggest a focus on the "main four" as the protagonists, 

I think its less that and more " hey this is a baseline" , its the beginning. Here are the first four hero characters of the series

They said they were allowed more freedom, and If the freedom they were allowed was just that I would be dissapointed. 

Anyway on the more current discussion 

5 hours ago, Maxtiis said:

I guess my point is that I hope with the fresh start that Ian is being given with a new comic at IDW, maybe he'll decide to actually portray Sonic as the somewhat selfish, egotistical loner with a heart of gold that the games always seemed to present him as (at least that's how I saw it, believe me I'm well aware this is a bit of a selfish desire myself).

We can only hope. Add in a bit of OVA's "what's in this for me"-ness and a bit of short-temper and we're good to go. 

If you can't tell I think everything about Archie Sonic and his role in the stories were awful and should never be seen ever again, Sonic being pretty much a figurehead for a resistance group and taking orders from them is pretty much the opposite of how I've always thought of him. "Sonic" and "taking orders" shouldn't ever been in the same sentence, ever. 

(Damn why didn't these merge?) 

10 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Now, here's a curious question:

If IDW Sonic had a Forces adaptation, how would that work?

There is no Classic Sonic. An avatar does not work in a comic.

How would you make such a thing work?

Given that I barely know anything about the plot of Forces, All I can say is I'd make it so that the game characters IDW can use actually do something and not sit on their asses watching Sonic do everything. 

That's why I like the Shattered World arc. It may have dragged on but the fate of the world wasn't solely in Sonic's hands. It made the plot of Unleashed feel less empty.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 4

Following the reboot, Sonic didn't quite feel like an actual part of the Freedom Fighters to me, no more than Knuckles felt like a member of the Chaotix. They just had a mutual goal going at the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Moreover, Ian was gonna split them up after the Shattered World Crisis, in the issue "Branching Paths", and according to the solicits, Sonic would have had one off adventures with other characters in the following issues, like with Mighty and Ray, creating a movie with Breezie and Honey, hunting the Night of the Werehog ghosts.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

1 hour ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Following the reboot, Sonic didn't quite feel like an actual part of the Freedom Fighters to me, no more than Knuckles felt like a member of the Chaotix. They just had a mutual goal going at the time.

710?cb=20150605073830

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Celestia said:

@Dr. Detective Mike I agree with you honestly, my only semi-disagreement is on the incident with Silver. It's not that I disagree that Sonic and Amy would have been going too far if they had attacked him over that, but I see stuff like that as the characters not being in a great state of mind because of the circumstances (i.e. Sally getting roboticized). That's no excuse of course, but it is...I'm going to use this word very loosely but, realistic? Like, from their perspective this guy kept showing up to try and excuse a traitor, never actually pulled that off while causing trouble for everyone, and then when he finally got it right...he was too late anyway. I'd snap at that point and under circumstances like that too.

And in the meta sense, this is an action/superheroish series so, in some cases, I'm more forgiving of characters leaping right into attack mode when it's against other superpowered idiots. Silver probably woulda been fine.

Take this all with a huge grain of salt however, as I'm commenting as someone who hasn't read that issue. I stopped buying the book when the first Mega Man crossover happened (I figured I'd wait for trades, which I...never ended up getting, whoops) and for whatever reason didn't start reading again until post-reboot.

But I do remember the issue where Silver showed up to accuse Antoine right after the dude got blown up and Sonic literally dragged him to the hospital by the quills. I'll defend that bit to the grave.

Hide contents

Also for the record: I kinda like Silver (and straight up love his Archie incarnation, even!), but that moment was somehow really satisfying. Just look at this.

18-1024x583.jpg

As I was reading this I was already forming a reply in my head about how Sonic already had a much more justifiable "Snapping at Silver" moment when he accused Antione of being the traitor during the time of his hospitalization... but you brought it up yourself the more I kept reading. Thank goodness I read the whole thing.

And sure, I understand your position. It was just that at that point in time, there was more things going against Sonic (and especially Amy) having that reaction to what Silver said than not.

It was a combination of a lot of frustrating things at the time coming to a head with that moment. The long awaited "Traitor in the Freedom Fighters" story arc for Silver ended up being the reveal of a villain we already knew had turned into a villain against their will. They had already had multiple battles with her at that point and were literally on a mission to stop her when it happened. 

I feel like that moment would have been far more effective had Silver, after sayibg Sally's name, braced himself and expected to get attacked for the third time... but then looked up and saw Sonic was more distraught by the realization that Mecha Sally ended up ruining the future. It would have garnered more sympathy from me, made him not look like an idiot for not making the immediate obvious connection, and stopped that moment from being a rehashed version of what happened before.

I totally agree with you about that moment where Silver accused Antione at the hospital (as well as liking his comic version a bit more than the games one). That moment and the one after where he, after seeing Antione in the hospital bed, completely loses all sense of rational tact and immediately starts to accuse someone else on the spot was such a "Dude, what are you doing? What's wrong with you?" moment that I didn't know what to feel.

I can't say it was satisfying to me but thats mostly because of my bias towards how I felt about Archie Sonic's character at the time 

7 hours ago, Celestia said:

I always saw Sonic's loyalty to the Mobotropolis government being tied to his friendship with Sally more than anything. I don't recall if that came across as the actual intent even in Ian's era, though. As I remember it he wasn't really a fan of the council or w/e but didn't seem to care much? I would've liked to see him rebel against them + the royals regularly, especially if at first it caused some conflict between him and Sally, since I don't remember anything like that either? ...Just spitballing really, and I guess it won't be relevant here, cuz even if the FF do make it in, I don't think they'll be main characters who appear constantly. 

I would have liked to have seen him rebel too. But it nevef happened, even in moments where he really should have.

Like, there's probably an arguement to be had about who was in the right during the situation with Tails's dad but when Ixis Naugus literally breaks into the castle and proclaims himself as king and Sonic says over and over that he has to stop Naugus cause he's the bad guy and its the right thing to do... but he doesn't do it because in the moment he looked like he was commiting "treason"...

It just stuck out so much as sonething that Sonic, in my mind, so wouldn't have cared about. I couldn't get past it.

That said, again, I'm not too worried that situation will come back again. The main four being on that concept art was a good enough reliever for that concern.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Razule said:

710?cb=20150605073830

i think what @KingScoopaKoopa meant was, he did not feel like a full time member, he sure is part of the Freedom Fighters, but he is also a wanderer, often going out on his own adventures (with or without Tails), and reuniting with the team for global like threats, it's what felt like just before the beggining of the Shattered World Crisis, and that's the direction it was seemingly aiming to after it's end ("Branching Paths" and the FF universe arc)

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic in the ova was the best.  he helped when needed. Was cool. Had a girl. But even then he could care less about other people's issues. But knew when to act serious

8 hours ago, Celestia said:

Like others have said, the teaser art seems to suggest a focus on the "main four" as the protagonists, which I'm excited about depending on how it goes. "Mega Drive-ish shenanigans BUT as an ongoing (meaning it can pace itself out more + have more plot), using characters and concepts from throughout the series" is an exciting prospect to me. I genuinely think that, at absolute worst, this is gonna be fun. And hey, I'll take that.

My big concern right now is the art. Hesse not doing interiors (for now?) is disappointing, but hopefully they're bringing in other veteran Sonic artists and/or finding suitable new ones. I know at least one of the former Archie artists is, understandably, very unhappy with how this all went down, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the others felt the same way and didn't bother applying, or said no if approached. If so, I futilely hope nobody bothers them about it, cuz honestly? I can respect that.

Having a focus on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as the main protagonists seems to be Sega's prerogative in handling the Modern series these days doesn't it? I appreciate that after 3 years of Sonic Boom, we can finally have a proper action adventure with these characters instead of the sitcom structure that wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Seinfeld. The writers on this series are probably gonna have a fun time with the concepts possible with characters from Sonic, and considering this is from the same publisher that made this:

Spoiler

910.jpg

I get the feeling they understand just how silly the stories they write for are, and will create some very fun plots. Imagine them doing something like that with Shadow's backstory.

Boy, I really can't get over that look on Raphael's face.

That art looks pretty damn good too, and while it wouldn't be appropriate for something like Sonic, I think IDW must have a crew of great industry talents under their employ, so even if Tyson Hesse isn't doing the art for the comic's interiors I think it'll be in good hands (God knows the man must be busy enough being an animator as it is). As much as I feel the old artists deserve to come back, I would actually like to see some new blood take a crack at drawing Sonic and co. It's a selfish request I know, but Tyson Hesse's Sonic has become one of my favorites and I would never have seen his work if he hadn't done the art for Megadrive, so the chance to see more people like him is an opportunity I wouldn't want to pass up.

I would have liked to have seen him rebel too. But it nevef happened, even in moments where he really should have.

Whoa, wait. What?

He has rebeled against that very authority he supported. Motherfucker committed straight up treason at least twice (and I'm sure he did this a lot more than I remember) and only got off due to either a technicality or because other people in power supported what he did and pulled strings.

Like, there's probably an arguement to be had about who was in the right during the situation with Tails's dad but when Ixis Naugus literally breaks into the castle and proclaims himself as king and Sonic says over and over that he has to stop Naugus cause he's the bad guy and its the right thing to do... but he doesn't do it because in the moment he looked like he was commiting "treason"...

It just stuck out so much as sonething that Sonic, in my mind, so wouldn't have cared about. I couldn't get past it.

That said, again, I'm not too worried that situation will come back again. The main four being on that concept art was a good enough reliever for that concern.

There's a bit of background behind it that was brought up during Naugus's dropping into the kingdom--every in the kingdom was tense and mixed about everything after the Iron Dominion took over.

He was more hesitant being seen as commiting treason given that the people he was trying to protect were actually considering giving Naugus power--really, how would you feel if the very people you stood up and defended decided to go someone else who used to be an enemy to everyone for protection, despite you knowing full and well it's a bad idea? Mind you, Sonic wasn't going to just stop fighting Naugus, especially telling the council to their face that he was more than willing to commit treason (tho not in those words) when they're being stupid, but he was in a rock and a hard place where rebelling would have done more harm to his cause than he would have wanted despite his good intentions.

And it was only because Eggman showed up with the second Death Egg that cut their conflict short.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Maxtiis said:

Having a focus on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as the main protagonists seems to be Sega's prerogative in handling the Modern series these days doesn't it?

I don't think I can tell, you can say that about boom, but that was like two things shoved into eachother and was a spin off thing, and the main games have just been sonic and tails for the most part. 

And then in forces, shadow gets to be playable. 

So I guess who they focus on... who they care to focus on. 

Maybe we will get Sonic and Chaotix next week, and it rhymes

44 minutes ago, Maxtiis said:
  Hide contents

. Imagine them doing something like that with Shadow's backstory.

That sounds shitty and bad.

Just now, Maxtiis said:

Because it is shitty and bad.

Oh i thought you were trying to present that as a " this is what they should do " . Sorry. 

I don't mind them funning on absurdity though, sonic is some wild shit. Someone suggested to me a crossoever arc that legit had me laughing for 15 minutes thinking about the hypothetical possibilities 

16 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

So do you guys think after a while, they could consider making another Boom Comic series?

It honestly seems like SEGA's sentenced Boom to death. I wouldn't be surprised if the show wasn't renewed for another season and that was the end of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1