Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I hope they keep it that way and never address the two worlds ever.

But I thought you loved two worlds more than anyone ever

"You know what they say, the more planets, the merrier" - Marco9966

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

But I thought you loved two worlds more than anyone ever

"You know what they say, the more planets, the merrier" - Marco9966

Yeah right, I love the most hateful thing in the Sonic universe. (sarcasm)

37 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I don't understand that line of thinking. What exactly is the problem with humans and anthros co-existing on the same...like...planet or whatever? Just treat them the same.

8 minutes ago, MainJP said:

I don't understand that line of thinking. What exactly is the problem with humans and anthros co-existing on the same...like...planet or whatever? Just treat them the same.

Yeah, just have Sonic and his animal friend live on a continent and the humans on other continents if they really wanna justify the lack of humans in recent games.

Not fricking separte them in different planets!!

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Separate planets makes more sense...

Why not separate continents? If you want a game with only animals we go to the continent with Green Hill Zone, and if we wanna see humans, we go to the continent with Station Square.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

They kinda have to if they want to keep using shadow.  I man they kinda have to if they keep using team dark, but this world was extremely in danger so its an emergency and someone called in a favor and you could just pretend like gun don't exist or they got effectively laid off. 

However with shadow, now that earth is a different place, everytime he's around you have to have a justification as to why he's on earth defending that planet. Shadow promised to protect that planet, not this one. And while He can help , the world ain't gonna be in the position where it needs his help all the time.  So to keep doing this, they gotta aknowledge that earth exists and have stories that take place there,  or they are gonna have to come up with some contrived ass reason as to why he's still around years later. 

Unless every time he arrives its a giant ass emergency, because that's gonna get tired real quick. 

Dragon Ball has humans and anthros living on the same planet as freaking dinosaurs. :P

Two worlds is silly.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, Mega said:

Dragon Ball has humans and anthros living on the same planet as freaking dinosaurs. :P

Two worlds is silly.

it is, but I think its less two worlds and more. They want to move away from humans that aren't eggman. I could be 100% wrong. But I get the feeling the two worlds thing is just away to push the animals only thing, without removing popular games and popular characters frrom the world, or having to retcon and reboot everything. 

• Nice Smile 1

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

it is, but I think its less two worlds and more. They want to move away from humans that aren't eggman. I could be 100% wrong. But I get the feeling the two worlds thing is just away to push the animals only thing, without removing popular games and popular characters frrom the world, or having to retcon and reboot everything. 

They could do so without the fucking two world.

1 hour ago, Mega said:

Two worlds is silly.

As a concept itself it's not sillier than humans and anthros living on the same planet, the problem is it's unnecessary and doesn't make sense with how the series was presented before. Or how we thought it was anyway, considering Sonic X, this could have just always been the case, logic be damned that being point in time of the games it'd make the least sense

I think they are the same planet, just different dimensions a la Sonic X.

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Separate planets makes more sense...

No, it doesn't. Ancient Knuckles clan Echidna's lived on Earth for some reason...Angel Island is on Earth for some reason...

4 minutes ago, Drifting Jack said:

I think they are the same planet, just different dimensions a la Sonic X.

Two worlds =  Two copies of the same planet

Not that that's canonically how it works, we don't know, but it doesn't really change anything.

1 hour ago, MainJP said:

No, it doesn't. Ancient Knuckles clan Echidna's lived on Earth for some reason...Angel Island is on Earth for some reason...

Convenient Warp Gates, ain't it?

13 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

While we're on the subject of Yardley's art being affected after he's done the art, I have to get this off my chest; the inking style IDW are currently using with Yardley just does not complement his style at all. Images that look fine in raw form have a tendency to look weird in the final product. 

Thank ou I thought I was the only one that thought it was the inking. I'm not sure what happened to Jim Amash but he seems to have really lost his mojo. Frankly I can't wait for Tracy to start inking his own stuff.

11 hours ago, Razule said:

Just noticed Sonic said "an" entire planet instead of "our" planet, or "the" planet:

image.png.7473b41991da93ef79f18b935eb3eee4.png

Subtle nod to two worlds? Purposeful wording for plausible denial?

Honestly going with Vague wording is the best course of action. Like last issue where Sonic says Eggman's threatened Worlds. Which technically isn't inaccurate since he has threatened Little Planet the 5 planets he made into his theme park and Lost Hex. It just so happens that could also be stretched to mean the Human world too.

• Fist Bump 1

Personally, I hope that Flynn will use one day the fact that they use the two world universe in a more significant way, in order to make stories that use it and play with it. For this time and the first few years it makes sense to not do it (as they are preparing their toys + having a first storyline), but later I would like it a lot.

There are many interesting stories possible with this setting, especially all those based on the relation between two worlds or their differences - I like to imagine the animal world wilder and less organized than Earth, for instance. ( And I would love some impressive view of "portals" between worlds, it could be really cool to see… especially as the Sonic Franchise love references xD).

8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

More or less that. It's obvious the backlash against the Adventure Era with its extra human characters and more "grounded" settings played a role in getting Two Worlds. Iizuka and Co. just did the Sonic Team Method of going to another extreme (no Non-Eggman Humans ever) rather than try to do better.

9 minutes ago, Almar said:

More or less that. It's obvious the backlash against the Adventure Era with its extra human characters and more "grounded" settings played a role in getting Two Worlds. Iizuka and Co. just did the Sonic Team Method of going to another extreme (no Non-Eggman Humans ever) rather than try to do better.

Actually, Ian has stated we will be visiting Earth, and we will meet other humans. In fact, he might try to address inconsistencies that the Two Words thing has made. However, he wants to at least have some focus on the plot we're on first.

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

In fact, he might try to address inconsistencies that the Two Words thing has made.

Gods speed 

30 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Actually, Ian has stated we will be visiting Earth, and we will meet other humans. In fact, he might try to address inconsistencies that the Two Words thing has made. However, he wants to at least have some focus on the plot we're on first.

New universe, if he wants to, he could just build the universe around it always being a thing.

56 minutes ago, Almar said:

Exactly!

But the divide has apparently existed since Sonic Adventure, which wouldn't surprise me given its appearance in Sonic X. 

43 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

But the divide has apparently existed since Sonic Adventure, which wouldn't surprise me given its appearance in Sonic X. 

Was it literal though? I remember Yuji Naka saying that Sonic just left the islands and started going to human places.

• Thumbs Up 1