Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Does SBR2 just have this mysterious aura around him that makes it so certain people can’t tell that he’s BEING SARCASTIC?? 😛

• Thumbs Up 4

19 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Does SBR2 just have this mysterious aura around him that makes it so certain people can’t tell that he’s BEING SARCASTIC?? 😛

Hey, there are people that aren't that good at detecting sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Hey, there are people that aren't that good at detecting sarcasm. 

Well on the internet it's not like real life. There is no voice tone.

I could type anything and people would interpret it differently.

42 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You're saying the exact opposite of the facts.

The interest has risen, issue 6 sold more than issue 5.

..What? How does that even make sense?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

..What? How does that even make sense?

There's the TSSZ news that says that on twitter.

14 hours ago, Adamis said:

It looks like someone traced over 3D models.

That explains why they look so stiff.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

You're saying the exact opposite of the facts.

The interest has risen, issue 6 sold more than issue 5.

That was sarcasm. Am I seriously that hard to read? I thought that was pretty obvious. 

Apparently the “Sorry. Couldn’thelp myself” at the end didn’t make it clear 😛

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm happy that the sales seems to be stable (even if we can't really know before more issues come), I hope it'll continue to be like that, in order to get a second book, or some mini-series (as I know that IDW likes mini-series xD) around secondary character, or why not alternates continuities. (Maybe that the two-weeks wait with Sonic Universe made me a little tiny bit spoiled xD)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, lulzers said:

What do you think would be the plot for a Sonic/Samurai Jack crossover comic by IDW? How would the characters play off of each other?

And how would a battle between Sonic, his friends and Aku go down? (No Super forms allowed) Not to mention a battle between Jack and Eggman?

Look, let's not jump into crossovers this early. I don't think those two series mesh together well, anyways. Does IDW even still HAVE the Samurai Jack license?  

23 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Given that Sticks might appear in the comics, do you think they'll include Bygone island as well?

Well, they did said she might appear, but if Bygone Island appears i don't think it'll be the same as in the Boom series, i think it would be changed to a degree that the only thing it'll have in common to the Boom!Bygone Island is the name.

53 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Well, they did said she might appear, but if Bygone Island appears i don't think it'll be the same as in the Boom series, i think it would be changed to a degree that the only thing it'll have in common to the Boom!Bygone Island is the name.

Good point. The villagers would probably have major redesigns change if they appeared. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Good point. The villagers would probably have major redesigns change if they appeared. 

If the villagers on the island were the same characters at all, that is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

17 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

If the villagers on the island were the same characters at all, that is.

Another good point.

• Fist Bump 1

10 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Look, let's not jump into crossovers this early.

Didn't stop TMNT from being a part of Infestation 2 early in its run.

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Given that Sticks might appear in the comics, do you think they'll include Bygone island as well?

Is that the place from the game?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Is that the place from the game?

It's the main setting of the TV show and some of the Boom games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It's the main setting of the TV show and some of the Boom games. 

Oh, well...I suppose that is a good question.

Wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'm not sure it's really that necessary for Sticks' character.

• Thumbs Up 1

These surprises planned for the IDW Sonic panel have me pondering. Aaron seemed to imply that they would be comic related in the last stream when people were coaxing him about it being a new game etc.

So the only things I can think of that would warrent shock or surprise would be either the return of the SatAM cast, predictable after the amount of people asking after them and the love Ian has for them, or the announcement of a companion comic perhaps.

While I would like a new classic themed comic to run alongside the current modern one, I'm hoping it isn't an announcement that Mania Adventures will continue in comic form. Would much rather they green lit a cartoon or a second "season" of the web series than continuing it in a comic series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you think Mr. Flynn had access to information regarding things from Rise of Lyric's development, including Sticks' concepts?

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Should major arcs in the comics be limited to being around a year long? 

Uh, depends really. The Unleashed arc in the New 252 was actually relatively fine from my recollection, as it was almost always progressing in some form, had plenty of new character and locations being established for the long-term, and even worked in "filler" like Champions and Eggman's Dozen to vary things up in fun ways without relying too much or too little on the bigger picture.

Really, it just World's Unite delaying/stagnating things that noticeable caused an issue.

• Thumbs Up 5

One thing I really hope that happens in the future is that Sonic is challenged either physically or mentally. I'm scared that he'll end up as the perfect, invincible hero that cracks jokes even when it's supposed to be serious, and that absolutely everyone worships his feet, AKA a Gary Stu. Hopefully, SEGA won't be that strict when it comes to that.