Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

4 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:
  Hide contents

Not in the new ones yet. But rumor has it it will be Vector that will show up eventually. Possibly the chaotix too but most likely just Vector.

Spoiler

The SonicOnline user actually deleted those spoilers recently, so interpret that as you will.

I'm cautiously starting to believe it considering Eggman didn't blow up Mombot last week, paving the way for the apparent Eggmen family vacation. (Also, on a lesser note, Bill Freiberger and another writer once joked on Twitter about how someone "leaked" a badly written episode synopsis mentioning Vector suddenly appearing and challenging Knuckles.)

Regarding the Chaotix, he didn't actually work on that episode and only knew it's about a reality show, so Espio and Charmy are still a possibility. Otherwise, Vector will probably be there to promote his business or something, and the writers may have decided to save the other two for the unlikely season 3. Either way, they were definitely not given much room with any (guest) game character, because otherwise Shadow or Metal would have reappeared by now.

So I've seen a clip of the Robots in the Sky and

Spoiler

FriendBot is there, but I think he's under Hypno bot/Eggman's control!

Also I think Mighton and Bolts help Team Sonic out later on.

I think the Vector rumor is fake, it says Eggman builds a robot brother, and according to the spoilers from tumblr, this isn't the case in the brother episode.

Also, my prediction is that the other 4 parter will be the season finale and that Shadow will be in all of it.

19 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

Also, my prediction is that the other 4 parter will be the season finale and that Shadow will be in all of it.

There's another 4 parter?  

I said I'm just speculating, but if there is a 4 parter in the middle of the season, I don't see why there wouldn't be one for the finale too.

3 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

I said I'm just speculating, but if there is a 4 parter in the middle of the season, I don't see why there wouldn't be one for the finale too.

Plus, early on, Bill Freiberger hinted at their possibly being a few multi part episodes. He never said anything about their being just one set of multi part episodes. I still want to know when the heck, and how we're ever going to see this 4 part special in North America. We'd be lucky to even see a Blu Ray release of it!... 

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw the episode Mombot and thought it was a pretty funny one. I thought it was hilarious when Mombot prevented Eggman's robots from attacking Sonic, Amy and Sticks since Eggman built eyes on the back of her head. the montage scenes where Mombot taking care of Eggman was sweet. I liked Beth the Shrew in this episode and loved her counter argument to Sticks' "there are no other planets out there" theory. Oh, and I also enjoyed the part where Tails and Knuckles were having a blast testing to see how far Knuckles can hit the coconuts. So, yeah a good episode and a heartwarming one at that too. Now I'm gonna have to catch up and watch Muckfoot some time later.

In another related Sonic Boom topics, there's another 4-parter episode, huh. That's interesting to know. I'm seriously loving this season so far, with being pack to the brim with multi-part episodes. I'm really trying to force myself  not to look at the spoiler tags,..

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I don't mean to ruin anyone's day, but unfortunately, Sonic Boom will STILL not air on Cartoon Network on April 22nd. Instead, it's a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs weekend marathon (at least it's not Teen Titans GO! again).

http://tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network#22-Apr-2017

It seems that Sonic Boom isn't airing this Saturday or next Saturday because of marathons. Maybe it will air on Cartoon Network again starting April 29th?

Still, it's been almost 4 months since Cartoon Network aired Sonic Boom on their main channel.

4 months.

That's 1/3 of a year.

It's great that you're trying to be optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if "Boom" doesn't return to CN again. 4 months is way too long to be off the air. It's uncalled for. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Boom has as many chances of coming back to CN in a good timeslot with promotion as the comics have of not being cancelled. Which is to say, it has bad chances. Not trying to be a downer though.

Yeah, I think Boom is officially off of CN, on t.v anyways. I mean it's not surprising, Boom is far from the only cartoon that got this kind of treatment from CN. And I wouldn't be surprised if that new Mega Man cartoon suffers as well. :V 

27 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

Boom has as many chances of coming back to CN in a good timeslot with promotion as the comics have of not being cancelled. Which is to say, it has bad chances. Not trying to be a downer though.

I find it shameful that Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is getting better attention than Sonic Boom, and it's barely been a month since it first aired. I loved the first movie, and even liked the frowned upon sequel, but man, this new TV show of Cloudy is terrible! It has none of the charm of the originals at all! Even Sonic Boom acknowledged itself as a separate branch from the main game series, yet still has many brought back elements from the games, including a similar art style for the character's faces, and their voice actors. This new Cloudy show has none of that, it has a terrible flash animation art style, and awful voice acting that sounds nothing like their movie counterparts. What I find real insulting about the new Cloudy show though, was how it claims to be a prequel to the first movie, despite clearly not being the case. It has such awful continuity! At  least Sonic Boom didn't try claiming it was a prequel to the Adventure games, or some crap like that. Sega made it clear that Sonic Boom was it's own thing, and that it wasn't a permanent reboot to the actual franchise. If only more franchises could be like Sonic Boom, where they are able to make a spin off of the original, while still letting the original version continue as well. (Cough! Teen Titans!) I will admit I liked the current 2 Teen Titans movies that were made by the Warner Bros Animation and DC Animation recently. Justice League VS Teen Titans, and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract were pretty good.  they  may not be the original cartoon the fans want, but it's still a pretty cool adaption more related to the original comics, and the darker and grittier tone is much better than the junk from Teen Titans Go. I'll even admit I laughed at a few parts in the new movies, something TTG manages to fail at, for me at least. 

• Thumbs Up 2

sigh So Boom is very much likely off the Network now. So where does that leave us? It continuing to show on Boomerang, which will lead to it's death. It moving to a different, which very well might save the show. It moving off channels completely and going on Netflix, the best thing that can happen to the show. Or, cancellation.

Which one's the most likely?

• Thumbs Up 1

Everybody relax! At least we can watch it on free on demand in 1080p quality. The Cartoon network website has it too. Don't be so negative

I'm just gonna go with my theory here that although the show has been a succes it's not just CN but also SEGA that is kind of trying to rid itself of Boom. Since the sub-franchise has been a bad invesment so far. They might make their money back on selling the show to foreign networks and merchandise but the games are probably a no for Sega right now.

2 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I'm just gonna go with my theory here that although the show has been a succes it's not just CN but also SEGA that is kind of trying to rid itself of Boom. Since the sub-franchise has been a bad invesment so far. They might make their money back on selling the show to foreign networks and merchandise but the games are probably a no for Sega right now.

While yes, Sega has been doing a poor job of advertising the series, they still do acknowledge its existence. What with the many art in the 25th Anniversary book featuring Boom Sonic, Aaron and Sega Tumblr still mentioning the show as well. If they truly wanted the series to die off, they'd stay quiet about it and never mention it in any way shape of form. This may just be me being optimistic, but there aren't that many signs showing me that Sega is intentionally trying to kill off the sub-series.

8 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Everybody relax! At least we can watch it on free on demand in 1080p quality. The Cartoon network website has it too. Don't be so negative

I suppose you are correct about that. But if the ratings of the show before it got moved from CN were anything the go off of, it being on Demand won't help anybody.

I'm not that much of a pessimist though. I even believe there's at least a good chance for a third season. I'm just saying some stuff is going on at SEGA. The fact that the comics have also been on dead hiatus also makes me think.

6 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

While yes, Sega has been doing a poor job of advertising the series, they still do acknowledge its existence. What with the many art in the 25th Anniversary book featuring Boom Sonic, Aaron and Sega Tumblr still mentioning the show as well. If they truly wanted the series to die off, they'd stay quiet about it and never mention it in any way shape of form. This may just be me being optimistic, but there aren't that many signs showing me that Sega is intentionally trying to kill off the sub-series.

I suppose you are correct about that. But if the ratings of the show before it got moved from CN were anything the go off of, it being on Demand won't help anybody.

Sonic Boom is a great show. But I've seen Cartoon Network been down this road when I was kid. We just have to keep believing and don't let negativity go through our minds.

Plus if want watch Sonic Boom just go to this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13nFFvW_f9gQNTcn3q9iQmO_yD0Q0xZjDEG2IVrF6yAE/edit

You can catch up episode and get screenshots, best part is that you get to download it. I hope I encouraged you all my friends:D

1 minute ago, RictalRose0 said:

I'm not that much of a pessimist though. I even believe there's at least a good chance for a third season. I'm just saying some stuff is going on at SEGA. The fact that the comics have also been on dead hiatus also makes me think.

The comics are a whole entire different can of worms, though. It's more so financially as to why the comics haven't been coming out, and is also why the Boom Comics only lasted about 12 issues. Boom's failure here is due to mismanagement on both Sega and CN, and that's different from financial issues, as the show does great everywhere else, just not in America. I believe we have a good chance of Season 3 as well, but only because of other countries pulling their weight to make the show stay a live. Without them, Season 2 would have been a definite close to Boom, which would be saddening, to say the least.

6 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Sonic Boom is a great show. But I've seen Cartoon Network been down this road when I was kid. We just have to keep believing and don't let negativity go through our minds.

Plus if want watch Sonic Boom just go to this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13nFFvW_f9gQNTcn3q9iQmO_yD0Q0xZjDEG2IVrF6yAE/edit

You can catch up episode and get screenshots, best part is that you get to download it. I hope I encouraged you all my friends:D

Boom is no doubt a great show, to me at least. Cartoon Network has treated man shows like this before and the only thing we can do, is just support it to our abilities. I rewatch episodes on demand because I know it helps,and also for that sweet sweet HD. 

But like I said though, the only thing we can do is watch the show and hope that the situation gets better.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I've said several times, I also believe the show still has a chance at a third season because it airs internationally, and season 1 was popular across the world, even with CN's tampering. Season 2 will no doubt be a repeat when it airs in other countries (it's a guarantee that it will at this point).

Not only that, but the fact that the show is getting dubbed in Japanese is also a good sign. SEGA hasn't given up on Boom yet, I'm sure. They know by now that we love this show.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

As I've said several times, I also believe the show still has a chance at a third season because it airs internationally, and season 1 was popular across the world, even with CN's tampering. Season 2 will no doubt be a repeat when it airs in other countries (it's a guarantee that it will at this point).

Not only that, but the fact that the show is getting dubbed in Japanese is also a good sign. SEGA hasn't given up on Boom yet, I'm sure. They know by now that we love this show.

Well said! I don't see Boom disappearing anytime soon, plus, I remember that that French artist (Anne something?) who works on the show "confirmed" that there is a season three in development. Rumors of season two turned out to be true, so I'm hopeful. Fans confirmed the rumors even before the producers/cast did. 

Plus, in my opinion, they have done a wonderful job with season two so far so it would surprise/sadden me if the show didn't get another season. 

7 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

It's more so financially as to why the comics haven't been coming out

While that sort of was the case for the Boom comic, we don't know why the main comic isn't coming out now, and there's a good possibility it isn't tied to finance at all. 

That's also the one thing that makes me wonder if SEGA would drop the cartoon despite everything...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, season 3 is apparently already in development according to that facebook conversation with a french storyboarder (or was he a writer? I don't remember). Bill said that episodes take 18 months to make, and "Give the bees a chance" was written in 2015, so they know if there is a third season by now.

Also, I believe it's a good thing that Sonic Boom is off from that shit CN, it deserves better, so even if CN doesn't renew Boom for their next tv season, it doesn't mean the show is cancelled, it's not like Sonic Boom is owned by CN. I'm sure another network will pick it up.