Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Yes it is! Beating Sonic X by 22 episodes!

So did Sonic Boom only surpass Sonic X by numbers, or did it surpass Sonic X in run time as well? Keep in mind that Sonic X's episodes are usually about 22 minutes in length, versus Sonic Boom's 11 minutes. I have to give credit to Sonic X for achieving as many episodes using hand drawn animation, vs constantly recycling 3d models. Sonic X had a few recycled moments, but many episodes still had different hand drawn animations, and  new backgrounds and locations, vs reusing the same models and backgrounds over and over. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

So did Sonic Boom only surpass Sonic X by numbers, or did it surpass Sonic X in run time as well? Keep in mind that Sonic X's episodes are usually about 22 minutes in length, versus Sonic Boom's 11 minutes. I have to give credit to Sonic X for achieving as many episodes using hand drawn animation, vs constantly recycling 3d models. Sonic X had a few recycled moments, but many episodes still had different hand drawn animations, and  new backgrounds and locations, vs reusing the same models and backgrounds over and over. 

You've got a point there. Plus this back in the 2000s. At least Boom is the longest running Western Animation Sonic show.

Watched Wolfie's reaction and I have to admit, I didn't like how the others didn't try questioning having to beat the BeeBots and how Sonic didn't try bothering catching Tails when he was right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I didn't like how the others didn't try questioning having to beat the BeeBots and how Sonic didn't try bothering catching Tails when he was right there.

Me neither. :-(

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Watched Wolfie's reaction and I have to admit, I didn't like how the others didn't try questioning having to beat the BeeBots and how Sonic didn't try bothering catching Tails when he was right there.

Well it didn't bother me that much since Sonic puts him in the machine and sound concerned I'm the whole episode. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Dannymax440 said:

Well it didn't bother me that much since Sonic puts him in the machine and sound concerned I'm the whole episode. 

I guess.

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o4_1280.png

New screenshots for this week's episode. I don't know how to feel. The plot sounds silly and I feel Eggman's has too many episodes centered around him but it might turn out alright.

• Thumbs Up 5

Text and tags from the Sonic Tumblr page these came from:

"Even when you have an IQ of 300, you’re bound to make mistakes. That’s okay! Except… this mistake causes Eggman to turn into a cute little creature when he gets mad. It’s the evil genius unlike ever seen before!

Catch “Don’t Make Me Angry” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

#sonic boom #season 2 #usually when these things happen #they turn into giant masses of rage - maybe change color too #it does make you wonder what he was even trying to do that caused this #guess an IQ score is only as useful as you apply it

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, GhostlyWind said:

Text and tags from the Sonic Tumblr page these came from:

"Even when you have an IQ of 300, you’re bound to make mistakes. That’s okay! Except… this mistake causes Eggman to turn into a cute little creature when he gets mad. It’s the evil genius unlike ever seen before!

Catch “Don’t Make Me Angry” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

#sonic boom #season 2 #usually when these things happen #they turn into giant masses of rage - maybe change color too #it does make you wonder what he was even trying to do that caused this #guess an IQ score is only as useful as you apply it

I find it intriguing how they point how Eggman makes mistakes despite his IQ.

10 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I find it intriguing how they point how Eggman makes mistakes despite his IQ.

I always thought of the IQ of 300 thing as just a boast that Eggman made to impress those who would doubt him.

I guess now that its canon, I'll have to think of something else. Since Eggman is evil, petty, and always looking for an ego boost, he wouldn't be above cheating. He has perhaps cheated on several IQ tests, likely through stealing the answer key before he even gets the test, to guarantee high scores all the time. He tells himself that it actually proves he's smarter than the others who didn't cheat since they didn't even consider that as a time-saving, easy, stress-free solution to the test. Team Sonic has never believed him. Ever.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

I always thought of the IQ of 300 thing as just a boast that Eggman made to impress those who would doubt him.

I guess now that its canon, I'll have to think of something else. Since Eggman is evil, petty, and always looking for an ego boost, he wouldn't be above cheating. He has perhaps cheated on several IQ tests, likely through stealing the answer key before he even gets the test, to guarantee high scores all the time. He tells himself that it actually proves he's smarter than the others who didn't cheat since they didn't even consider that as a time-saving, easy, stress-free solution to the test. Team Sonic has never believed him. Ever.

Well that actually makes sense. I.mean he did try to cheat on the villains test before.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman's cute form is even funnier than I imagined. I'm gonna laugh if Amy finds him so adorable, and picks him up and hugs him. The  gang will probably have to keep Amy away from Eggman, in order to keep Eggman from getting any angrier. I wonder if there is a downside to Eggman's cute form. Will he ironically have dangerous powers in that cute form? I can't wait to see how this episode turns out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SpongicX said:

Eggman's cute form is even funnier than I imagined. I'm gonna laugh if Amy finds him so adorable, and picks him up and hugs him. The  gang will probably have to keep Amy away from Eggman, in order to keep Eggman from getting any angrier. I wonder if there is a downside to Eggman's cute form. Will he ironically have dangerous powers in that cute form? I can't wait to see how this episode turns out. 

Maybe he's trying to see what powers his form has in the first screenshot.

Funny how we got two transformation episodes in a row. First we had Tails turn into a Bee bot cyborg, and Now Eggman turned into... whatever this plush anime looking mascot is. This one is set up to have more comical moments than last week's episode. Last week's was set up to be a mixture of suspenseful and funny, while this week's sounds more silly than anything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Funny how we got two transformation episodes in a row. First we had Tails turn into a Bee bot cyborg, and Now Eggman turned into... whatever this plush anime looking mascot is. This one is set up to have more comical moments than last week's episode. Last week's was set up to be a mixture of suspenseful and funny, while this week's sounds more silly than anything. 

I find it weird how Eggman's goggles become those lumps with green on top

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_oy57ldfGaW1u5cb23o4_1280.png

New screenshots for this week's episode. I don't know how to feel. The plot sounds silly and I feel Eggman's has too many episodes centered around him but it might turn out alright.

That purple transformation reminds me of some creature from the anime...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe he's trying to see what powers his form has in the first screenshot.

Given the screenshots' context Eggman seems to be reading a comic about a Hulk parody, seeing that the glimpse we get of the cover depicts a rather buff character. His attempt to mutate himself into a mean purple hedgehog crushing machine backfires either through hubris or comedic outside intervention and he turns into the complete opposite.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Patron said:

Given the screenshots' context Eggman seems to be reading a comic about a Hulk parody, seeing that the glimpse we get of the cover depicts a rather buff character. His attempt to mutate himself into a mean purple hedgehog crushing machine backfires either through hubris or comedic outside intervention and he turns into the complete opposite.

Makes sense

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Kappa Mikey?

Yup. That transformation reminded me of that character, but I forgot the name.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, SpongicX said:

So did Sonic Boom only surpass Sonic X by numbers, or did it surpass Sonic X in run time as well? Keep in mind that Sonic X's episodes are usually about 22 minutes in length, versus Sonic Boom's 11 minutes.

It was 22 minutes in length because Sonic X had more long, drawn out plots than Sonic Boom. Some stories were even seen through multiple episodes, such as the attack on Eggman's base in season one.

However, to answer your question:

Sonic X - 1,716 minutes
Sonic Boom - 1,144 minutes (counting the final few episodes that have yet to air)

One more 52-episode season of Boom, and it will surpass that.

• Nice Smile 2

52 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

It was 22 minutes in length because Sonic X had more long, drawn out plots than Sonic Boom. Some stories were even seen through multiple episodes, such as the attack on Eggman's base in season one.

However, to answer your question:

Sonic X - 1,716 minutes
Sonic Boom - 1,144 minutes (counting the final few episodes that have yet to air)

One more 52-episode season of Boom, and it will surpass that.

I think it's crazy that most of the current voice cast of Sonic managed to surpass the Sonic X/4kids voice cast. It's crazy to think that, it seems like yesterday, fans were getting worked up about the announcement that everyone was being replaced, yet it's already been a little over 7 years since the current cast made their debut in Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Colors.

Time really flies. Kind of sad how there's barely been any games with the current cast. Correction, while there have been plenty of games since the new voice cast, they still heavily limited the current voice cast. Sonic Forces appears to be the first entry in the series to give anyone that isn't Sonic, Tails, Orbot, Cubot, or Eggman a chance at having a lot of dialogue. Knuckles and Amy have had very limited appearances, and the rest of the characters have had it worse. It almost seems like a waste for Sega to fire and replace so many voice actors, just to not give them much work in return. At least Knuckles and Amy got more work in the form of the Sonic Boom show. As for video games, Sega hasn't been giving their voice actors much to work with.  I really hope Sonic Forces can cause Sega to bring the other characters back as more than just cutscene/story extras in the future. 

• Thumbs Up 2