Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Sadly, I’m not surprised if there isn’t going to be a third season of Sonic Boom. I think that, even with this second season being supposedly better than the first (I haven’t really caught up with the series though so I could be wrong lol), the ratings just weren’t there and there was SO much wasted potential.

Can you believe that we’re almost at the end of this season and like last year, Metal Sonic and Evil!Shadow will not appear until the last episode? They even promised that those two characters would make more appearances and...well, here we are. It sucks too because I like it when they introduce other characters like Vector in that ONE episode. It gives us more variety in character interactions, plots and most importantly it creates character development

I’ll try and catch up to Sonic Boom before this finale airs having been stuck on season 1 for ages. This time I’m expecting a BIG, EPIC finale and not something akin to a wet fart like the Metal Sonic and Shadow episodes last year. =[ 

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Sadly, I’m not surprised if there isn’t going to be a third season of Sonic Boom. I think that, even with this second season being supposedly better than the first (I haven’t really caught up with the series though so I could be wrong lol), the ratings just weren’t there and there was SO much wasted potential.

Can you believe that we’re almost at the end of this season and like last year, Metal Sonic and Evil!Shadow will not appear until the last episode? They even promised that those two characters would make more appearances and...well, here we are. It sucks too because I like it when they introduce other characters like Vector in that ONE episode. It gives us more variety in character interactions, plots and most importantly it creates character development

I’ll try and catch up to Sonic Boom before this finale airs having been stuck on season 1 for ages. This time I’m expecting a BIG, EPIC finale and not something akin to a wet fart like the Metal Sonic and Shadow episodes last year. =[ 

There were cameos, one for Metal in one episode (two for Shadow). I know Shadow will appear in the finale, (since the summary said so in French) but not sure about Metal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've really been enjoying it. It's been great just to see animated adventures between some of the characters again, even if in a different form. If it does go down the drain, I want them to salvage what they did for Tails here, so bad. It wasn't afraid to have him and Sonic hug it out like bros, multiple times.

The treatment of the Boom Franchise was terrible though. Instead of doing this stupid, heavy marketing push for some shitty games, some (decent) comics, and a new line of toys all at the same time and ruining a lot of good will before the show was officially off the ground they should have focused on the show and let it get popular organically. If you treat it like it's already one huge success right out of the gate, it's just going to come off as tacky and later embarrassing when the main thing it's supposed to promote, the TV Show, ends after it's second season. (Not saying that having two seasons is a bad thing. Look at Gravity Falls.)

Although, it really didn't have to end here. The show definitely would have been popular enough to rake in some serious bank for CN had they not dicked it around so much. Despite premiering so early in the morning at first, it got numbers worth considering. But no, even that was too good for them so they shoved it over to Boomerang.

I hear We Bare Bears airs so little it might as well not be on the Network. And I have a feeling O.K KO isn't going to be treated any better.

I can't believe there was a time when I didn't want them to put things on Nickelodeon because of how they were going about treating their shows. Now Nick's doing cool shit like the Hey Arnold! And Rocko movies, apparently making Spongebob good again, and letting their new shows breathe and gain traction like the Loud House. 

TV is unpredictable.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know it probably wouldn't happen but which Boom characters would you like to see brought over to the main series or at the IDW comics?

1 minute ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

We don't know for sure that the show is ending

Maybe they'll make a sequel series instead of a third season.

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh, has it been posted that Greg Hahn confirmed that Zooey is eight years old?

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

On his twitter.

Uh, bullshit. Like, I know Sonic characters(and a lot of action cartoons/anime in general) tend to have some improbable ages for the characters' sizes and capabilities, but Zooey is pretty clearly considerably older than Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, bullshit. Like, I know Sonic characters(and a lot of action cartoons/anime in general) tend to have some improbable ages for the characters' sizes and capabilities, but Zooey is pretty clearly considerably older than Tails.

Maybe her genes make her taller than most Mobians her age.

29 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe her genes make her taller than most Mobians her age.

Sure, why not? That's apparently canon, after all. 

She always seemed to be a young adult or at least older than Sticks to me.

This doesn't help.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Geraint Lewis said:

What are they doing?! They're missing two episodes on that document! [...]

There are two red diamonds on the latest episodes, maybe it gets posted or recorded biweekly. You also might want to blank out your private information.

If it is ending, than I'm totally okay with it. For me Sonic Boom the TV series is just an okay show. It is not bad, but also not really that memorable and funny to be called out an iconic classic in a few years. Sure, Sonic fans enjoy it, but Sonic fans enjoy everything that has to do with Sonic. As a show itself Sonic Boom, I'm sorry to say that, can not hold a candle if we compare it to the other cartoons form the past like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Animaniacs, Ed, Edd & Eddy or Samurai Jack or the modern ones like Avatar,  Kim Possible, Regular Show, Steven Universe or The Loud House.

Also I do not see any reason for the show keeping going on if their are no Sonic Boom games left to promote. That is the whole reason why the show was produced in the first place, to be a part of the whole Sonic Boom spinoff universe. But this universe seems to go nowhere anymore so their for I do not see any real use for a third season.    

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Geraint Lewis said:

According to this: Three Minutes or Less and Lair on Lockdown are finally airing in France next Saturday.

image.png

They haven’t aired yet? I thought they aired the remaining episodes late last month? I guess that explains why there weren’t any leaked screenshots of the finale. 

57 minutes ago, Swing said:

If it is ending, than I'm totally okay with it. For me Sonic Boom the TV series is just an okay show. It is not bad, but also not really that memorable and funny to be called out an iconic classic in a few years. Sure, Sonic fans enjoy it, but Sonic fans enjoy everything that has to do with Sonic. As a show itself Sonic Boom, I'm sorry to say that, can not hold a candle if we compare it to the other cartoons form the past like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Animaniacs, Ed, Edd & Eddy or Samurai Jack or the modern ones like Avatar,  Kim Possible, Regular Show, Steven Universe or The Loud House.

Also I do not see any reason for the show keeping going on if their are no Sonic Boom games left to promote. That is the whole reason why the show was produced in the first place, to be a part of the whole Sonic Boom spinoff universe. But this universe seems to go nowhere anymore so their for I do not see any real use for a third season.    

Okay, hold the phone there. As a Sonic fan, I absolutely do not enjoy everything that has to do with Sonic. I am fed up of that argument being used to summarily dismiss how Sonic fans feel about the show, especially since it is often applied hypocritically (because of course the fans you agree with can't be dismissed). For the record, I hated Rise of Lyric and Sonic Labyrinth, and also do not enjoy playing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, or Sonic 3(&K). Even the games I do like I am willing to criticize, and I have in fact criticized this very show on several occasions. Same goes for most of the regulars on this topic and most Boom fans.

Look, I know you find the show unmemorable and not really funny, but that doesn't mean that everybody else feels that way (especially since memory and humor are both highly subjective and let's leave it at that). For comparison, you seem to hold all the shows you mention except for Sonic Boom as animation classics that all shows should strive for. I have no interest in Samurai Jack, Avatar, Darkwing Duck, or Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I'm only interested in Ducktales from a scientific and historical perspective, because while I have no interest in the show itself, its the only one on the list that I'd consider an influential enough cartoon (and comic book) worthy of setting the bar for what animation (and a franchise) should be. I hate the Loud House and Regular Show, for the same reasons no less, because the animation style annoys me, the plots are not interesting to me, and I don't like any of the characters. I also don't like Steven Universe, as that show bores me to death. I used to like Kim Possible but now I'm older and I can see all the flaws of that show. From my perspective, maybe only one of those shows can hold a candle to Sonic Boom and I still have no interest in watching it, whereas I love watching Sonic Boom. It should be noted that all the shows you mention, to my knowledge, use 2D animation. I love 2D cartoon, moreso than 3D, because of their flexibility. And yet, personally, Boom still comes out on top.

Am I saying that you aren't allowed to have your own preferences or not care for Sonic Boom? No, of course not, that'd be hypocrisy. But I think you need to give more consideration to the viewpoints rather than just dismissing them as, basically, the products of blind fanboyism. Because that's very rude and lopsided. And furthermore, its likely resulted in your sealing yourself away from opinions that differ from yours-- given how, well, you just asked us to compare it to cartoons you love as a way of proving that Boom is inferior. When I did, I remembered that I don't really like (and only respect in the case of Ducktales) any of the shows you mentioned. Ducktales is the only notable one as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, I totally forgot about most of them until you brought them up.

Also, its very possible for shows to outdo their basis. Transformers Animated, for example, was made only to promote the Michael Bay Transformer movies. However, it managed to become much more popular with Transformers fans and non-fans alike than the movies it was made to promote. It developed its own identity that stood strong without any need for terrible movies to support it, having, from what I hear, a good run. So why can't Boom TV do that?

----

As for Boom proper, I'm wondering which character you'd like to see highlighted the most in the upcoming episodes. I'd love a few Sticks episodes.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

7 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

As for Boom proper, I'm wondering which character you'd like to see highlighted the most in the upcoming episodes. I'd love a few Sticks episodes.

Maybe Amy because she gets the least moments to shine out of the group.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Maybe Amy because she gets the least moments to shine out of the group.

Amy's one I'd like to see to. This is the most complex she's been in years, so I'd love an episode that explored her character more.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Mad Convoy said:

Amy's one I'd like to see to. This is the most complex she's been in years, so I'd love an episode that explored her character more.

I'm hoping the season finale tries to give her moments to stand out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I'm hoping the season finale tries to give her moments to stand out.

I get the impression that its going to be big, so fingers crossed.

Actually, I wonder if the finale is going to tie into Forces/Mania in some way. There have been interdimensional shenanigans on the show in the past.

Maybe Boom Eggman somehow set off the events that got the Phantom Ruby in Infinite's hands or something.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

It seems to be trying to be bigger than the first season finale.

4 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

Actually, I wonder if the finale is going to tie into Forces/Mania in some way. There have been interdimensional shenanigans on the show in the past.

Maybe Boom Eggman somehow set off the events that got the Phantom Ruby in Infinite's hands or something.

Man, imagine the controversy. 

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It seems to be trying to be bigger than the first season finale.

Man, imagine the controversy. 

Yep, and that's a good side.

As for controversy, it depends on how the tie in would be handled as well as when the episode comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

And especially in those comics. 

And if that happens, i’d headcanon a connection to Archie, and then Megaman X, and ultimately Marvel.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

And especially in those comics. 

And if that happens, i’d headcanon a connection to Archie, and then Megaman X, and ultimately Marvel.

Yeah. Well, that and Boom Eggman has a tendency to underestimate the power of these kinds of things. I could totally imagine him complaining "This doomsday device was supposed to end the world and all it did was summon a small red rock! Useless!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I highly doubt it will happen, but one can dream. I for one would love to see Sonic and Amy finally confess their feelings in the finale. If this is the end for Sonic Boom, then why leave people who want it to happen left hanging? It's not like it will carry over into the games, so what harm is there in finally letting Sonic and Amy have a moment that doesn't revolve around SonAmy teasing? The show has left more than enough hints of their little game, so if the show is really going to end, then they should finally  have it confirmed. If by any chance the show does get renewed, the show can still manage to write the characters out to be about the same as they were before, despite finally admitting they love each other.

That's how it worked in Sonic X. The Japanese version of Sonic X season 2 ended with Sonic comforting Amy after being away for so long, and it was heavily implied that he confessed his love for her, due to Amy shouting "Just say you love me", while Sonic's response was muted, Amy's response to getting a flower, and hearing Sonic's response definitely implied it was something romantic. Yet the show surprisingly got renewed, and season 3 showed that Sonic was still shy around Amy, because she was more in love with him than he was with her. Amy wanted to push their love further, but Amy was kind of rushing Sonic. Despite all of this, the two still got a long better in season 3, than they did in season 1 and 2. The flirting between Sonic and Amy was a bit cuter in Season 3, knowing Sonic already confessed his feelings for Amy, yet he's still embarrassed over the idea of officially being Amy's boyfriend. Sonic was shown working with Amy a lot more in season 3, and that was kind of neat. Sonic still had moments of resisting or avoiding Amy, because he wasn't ready to take their relationship further, and that was kind of cute and funny. I liked how season 3 showed that despite how Sonic confessed his feelings for Amy, he still isn't open to officially dating her, so it was good for those who preferred seeing Amy chasing Sonic, while still good for those who like the idea of Sonic loving Amy back. 

A third season of Sonic Boom could similarly do the same. Sonic and Amy can still act awkward about dating officially, but at least the viewers would already know they already confessed. Having Sonic and Amy confess their feelings would not ruin them. They don't have to be all lovey dovey from now on. They can still have their moments of bickering, and disagreements, all couples have moments like that, after all. It wouldn't hurt to end the series or season with a proper SonAmy moment. Sorry if anyone is annoyed by this, I can't help it, I just really like Sonic and Amy. 

• Thumbs Up 2

@SpongicX Hopefully, they at least do something like those two walking on the beach and have Sonic say something to Amy but have be muted to leave open for interpretation like Lost in Translations. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, RedFox99 said:

@SpongicX Hopefully, they at least do something like those two walking on the beach and have Sonic say something to Amy but have be muted to leave open for interpretation like Lost in Translations. 

SonAmy fans would be lucky to even see them kiss. It would mark the first time the characters actually kissed in something that isn't fan art. I don't care if they do it similarly to the ending to the Nightmare Before Christmas, where the camera zooms real far out when the main characters kiss, it would still be better than nothing. 

• Thumbs Up 2