Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

I'll probably get myself banned sooner or later but until then....

First rule of this forum: Don't talk like that. Period. Anyways, hi, Chacron and franklover, and welcome to the forums!

HOLAS:

good morning, i heard you needed tails fans here :P

anyways, i'm just a fellow fan who happens to have nothing better to do today... so here's my introduction:

my story with sonic is long and full of ups and downs, so if someone is going to go to the bathroom do it now!

ready?... OK, here it comes:

i consider myself a sonic fan since the begining, played all the genesis games and stuff (not the MS/GG/32x ones, i couldn't find a console for that)... then suddenly i stopped caring about sonic when i got a pc and i started playing RTS's ("starcraft" beign my favourite, followed by "age of empires 2" and "command & conquer: red alert 2", and i could never forget "dungeon keeper" where epic battles were epic :_D )... as i grew up i also played another gaming genres, i falled in love with the KOF (the king of fighters) series and wasted several days of my life in counter strike... between all of thati discovered emulation, and i was reintroduced into sonic (and some nintendo games, BTW i find strange that i never liked the mario games in SNES, but i loved the NES ones... strange isn't it?[/badreference]) and the glory of sonic 3 & knuckles (no lock-on for me in my childhood :( ) wich even today, stands as my favourite sonic game of all time(and only supased by RTS's in my overall gaming list).

as years passed my interes for sonic stayed in a neutral place, i was still playing S3K in everyway my imagination could think, i tryed to do playtroughs were i was knuckles and i shouldn't be watched by the badniks, or play as sonic while avoiding tails getting hurt or going off screen, not to mention the debug mode so i could make boss battles a lot harder :) , anyways, that was it... i wasn't interested in anything sonic related besides S3K, because i knew my pc would never be able to play the newer games (also i didn't have internet.... a childhood without internet, can you picture that?).

but i grew up, i got a job, and i was able to save enough money for a new pc, it was 2005 by that time... odly, my interest for sonic was at a decreasing point again, since i used my new pc only for my beloved RTS's :P

(AT THIS POINT, I'M STARTING TO RUN OUT OF TIME TO WRITE, SO PLEASE FORGIVE MY GRAMMAR, BUT I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IF YOU COULD TELL ME HOW TO FIX MY ENGLISH VIA PM)

but one day my older sister had a daughter... so as she grew up she started to get interested in my pc and the stuff i did in it all the day, that put me in a tight situation, i couldn't let a 3 year old kid to play "command & conquer"... it wasn't only impossible to learn at her age, but i also didn't want my niece first gaming experience to be killing people for the glory of the soviet unnion, i could buy some kids game so she could play, but i'm also an egoist prick and didn't want to bore myself to death watching her play with barbies or ponies in my pc, not to mention left a 3 year old alone were i'm doing something else is a bad idea... what could i do?

so my answer comes when i was looking for some random things to free disk space, i found my dusted emulators directory and there it was, the good ol' GENS with plenty of sonic roms, that was it! a simple game that me and my niece can enjoy togheter!!!

the first game she played was (obviously) sonic 3 & knuckles, since i though it was the easier (silly me forgetting sonic 2), two years latter she was hooked by sonic, and i was too, since by that time i had an internet conection i decided to look up what i was missing, and man it was a lot, the last thing i ever heard about sonic until that day was sonic adventure 2! so i was marveled by all the wonderfull sonic related stuff i could find, this introduced me to things like rom-hacks (no, i'm not doing a rom-hack, but i enjoy them... a lot), the new sonic soundtracks and the remixes (right now i have almost half of my diskspace filled with them :P ), since i got my pc i hurried and bought sonic heroes, i loved it, the i heard adventure was much better, i bought it (DX of course) i loved it (but i enjoyed heroes more D=, yeah... i'm a monster), i recently bought sonic riders, i love it... i found the advance/rush series... i love it... so much awesome stuff :_D

so i'm now in a sonic fansite, posting about my story... n_n

in short, i love almost all the sonic games i played, so i may be in the rare category of "optimistic fans", but i'm more in love with classic sonic, so this also makes me a "retro fan", wich makes the even weirder class of "optimistic retro fan"... i hope we can get along, i also hope you can understand my ***** posts since english isn't my fort, i also hope that you can tolerate the "HOLAS: " at the beggining of my posts, is some sort of signature i has since i was a kid, hope you understand.... so.... thats all....

err..... ta-da?

p.d: i also found some odd things that make me regret introducing my nephews (now i have 3, 2 play sonic games, 1 is 5 years old and can beat sonic riders for thoose who say its a hard game :P ) to sonic, so in some sort of over protective brother thing, i try to make them avoid some controvertial things, for example, i never mention the robotnik name, i try to keep them away of the archie comics, they are too young to notice there are tons of different sonic unverses... just to mention that i know not everything is pink (or blue?) in the sonic comunity =/

• Thumbs Up 1

so in some sort of over protective brother thing, i try to make them avoid some controvertial things, for example, i never mention the robotnik name, i try to keep them away of the archie comics, they are too young to notice there are tons of different sonic unverses... just to mention that i know not everything is pink (or blue?) in the sonic comunity =/

Hahahaha, awesome. Way to keep their heads away from the mass confusing inconsistencies in the different Sonic variants. No idea how long you can keep them safe, but more power to you. (didn't think I would see you protecting them from Robotnik, being a classic and all)

You have a pretty cool relation to the franchise though. Welcome to the boards Imarafan. If you keep digging, you will find a ton more hidden gems from this franchise. I recommend both Rush/s, Battle, Unleashed (PS360) and a few of the Mega Collections if you want more of a retro experience. Mario & Sonic is also great for the kiddies (even though the sequel is due in a few weeks).

By the way, I love the comment about your nephew taking down Sonic Riders at 5. For some reason everyone likes to spout on about its difficulty. I found it quite charming from that standpoint.

HOLAS:

If you keep digging, you will find a ton more hidden gems from this franchise. I recommend both Rush/s, Battle, Unleashed (PS360) and a few of the Mega Collections if you want more of a retro experience. Mario & Sonic is also great for the kiddies (even though the sequel is due in a few weeks).

the thing is... i only have a pc... i bought unleashed for the wii (original and all) but my piece of junk is too old for runing a wii emulator (i can't even run adventure 2)

i played and beaten the rush series, and since my cartoon character was a cat with fire powers (created at the tender age of... err.... 16? :P ), when i watched blaze my mind was blown, the same happened when i played DX with Big the Cat since my nickname used to be "el Mr.Big"

anyways, it's awesome to see SEGA is caring again for the good'ol pc so the next year i will be getting SASASR and (hopefully) needlemouse n_n

so, thanks for your welcome, my post was kinda rushed, since the bus that goes to my home has a frequency of 1 hour i had to finish the post and start runing as fast as i could in the middle of the city (and my physical state isn't that good), thank god i had my cellphone with rooftop run theme loaded so i didn't feel tired at all (some kind of effect that sonic music have in me, i hope i'm not the only one :P )... so i arrived to the stop five minutes earlier than the bus so i had enough time to start felling pain...... ouch?

anyways thanks, BTW my post aren't going to be so "tl;dr" as the last ones....

EDIT: forgot to mention:

my niece is nowadays 6 years old and her favourite game is sonic 3 & knuckles (she also loves advance 3, and too bad she can't play unleashed, because she loved the night stages :( )

my 5 year old nephew favourite game is sonic heroes, but he is enjoying a lot sonic riders (BTW he can beat the game, but he hasn't beaten it yet, he wins tournaments, he wins normal races, but he is currently stucked in babylon garden, not even mention the missions, i in the other hand, it took me like 2 days to beat the game, 1 or 2 weeks to fully complete with all boards and golden medals, and i can't even finish sonic adventure A ranks so i'm not a gaming god or anything like that), he also seems to like sonic 1 megamix (he also loves unleashed.... but he prefer the daystages)

my non sonic player niece is only 1 year old :P... but i'm not going to say she doesn't want to take the joypad and play with her borther

Edited by imarafan

Yo all.

So I decided my initial introduction wasn't a long enough intro so let us begin again.

This is RichoKidd or as the guys from the Sonic Hour know me ReeeeeeechoKeeeeeeeed.

I am not hispanic, I'm an Australian. I was born and hail in the west side, (Western Australia)

Im a co-host on Blitz N Pieces as I'm sure some of you know. I am still a 'Sonic Apprentice' as BlitzChris likes to call me.

I am an Xbox FanBoy (Shun me now) and have been since the original Xbox was released.

I do enjoy my Sonic games and have been getting into them more and more since being on the show. I've been doing my research and everyone should be proud. I make myself known in the IRC and enjoy having a chat. So hit me up. No worries

Twitter - http://twitter.com/richokidd

MSN - richo_boy_9000@hotmail.com

Personal/Business - richokidd@gmail.com

Really, thats it

RichoKidd

Edited by RichoKidd

Hey! Does anyone remember a little blue wolf by the name of Timper?! Well I'm back and I see things have changed A LOT! I notice my account was gone so I signed up once again. I MISS YOU GUYS!

How can any of us that have been around here for a while ever forget that blue wolf? Welcome back, Timper! The main reason why you had to remake an account was that the SSMB had to be remade from scratch, it was incidentally all erased server-side. We are on a better server now, though! You probably do not recall me, but I am a mod now! *Hops about in joy* Respect mah authoritah! =D

Post content

Please do try more to include at least basic grammar in your posts from this point on. We enjoy to be tidy and all here on the SSMB, and a forum is not a mere chat function either, so we decided to include that in our rules.

Type with decent, understandable English with basic grammar. Capital letters, commas and general punctuation is a must. If your posts look like ass you won't be respected for it.

(AT THIS POINT, I'M STARTING TO RUN OUT OF TIME TO WRITE, SO PLEASE FORGIVE MY GRAMMAR, BUT I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IF YOU COULD TELL ME HOW TO FIX MY ENGLISH VIA PM)

Seeking basic grammar advice? Goodie. I shall help you out with that. My English is not so good either, but I believe I know the basics well enough to attempt teaching them to others. I will build a private message to send to you right away!

I have been really lazy in the introduction section lately, so welcome to all of you new ones! Nizzie has had a lack of PMs lately (no incomes, in fact), so feel free to send me a PM (private message) if you are new and feel that you do not know so many in here! You may of course also send me or anyone else (moderators especially) a PM if you need any help related to the SSMB. We are here to help and kick ass! Welcome aboard to the SSMB!

Many things have changed 6 years ago.

I just joined this forum with my iPhone and I thought I would stop by and say hi to everyone. I have browsed through some of the topics here and there are some very good discussions going on so. Some of the threads look quite lively with lots of contrasting views being expressed so I thought I would join in on the action. I live in Canada and I have special interests in science, technology and philosophy. I look forward to sharing my thoughts with everyone.

I still join this place because i still have an interest on the furry fandom.

Cheers,

Foxy

Edited by Foxy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey! Does anyone remember a little blue wolf by the name of Timper?! Well I'm back and I see things have changed A LOT! I notice my account was gone so I signed up once again. I MISS YOU GUYS!

Hey, Timper! I remember you! I don't know if you remember me or not though. Welcome back!

Also to those who have joined recently, welcome! I hope you all enjoy your stay here.

Many things have changed 6 years ago.

I just joined this forum with my iPhone and I thought I would stop by and say hi to everyone. I have browsed through some of the topics here and there are some very good discussions going on so. Some of the threads look quite lively with lots of contrasting views being expressed so I thought I would join in on the action. I live in Canada and I have special interests in science, technology and philosophy. I look forward to sharing my thoughts with everyone.

I still join this place because i still have an interest of the furry fandom.

Cheers,

Foxy

Welcome back, Foxy. It's been a while since I've last seen you around on here.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome back Foxy. (In all honesty it took me as long as you've been out of the limelight to even begin to formulate a feasible response to that short essay you posted comparing religion to invisible companions - but that is for another time)

I still join this place because i still have an interest on the furry fandom.

The Sonic community is part of the Furry Fandom?..... nevermind, I don't even think I should think otherwise all things considered.

Hello,I'm LucaPM,I'm Italian and I'm 14.I am a Sonic fan since I was 7 years old.Nowadays I'm devloping a fangame called "Sonic : Chaos Unleashed" that I'll post here soon.I hope I'll find myself fine in this forum! ;)

Hello, I am The Danged Recolor I'll keep the introduction brief. I joined here because I like Sonic, and I like this message board! So hello all.

LucaPM, can you please fix up your grammar a bit? Spaces when starting a new sentence are pretty much a must here :0

Also welcome to all the new members ^_^

o hai thar I'm stuhp. :D

Just kinda here on business (looking for something), but I might stick around for other things Sonic-esque later on. We'll see what happens.

Greetings to everyone!

My name is Zhang Yang and I come from the People's Republic of China. However, I am living in Belgium for the past 6 years. I am 24 years old, and I used to play Sonic 1,2,3 Sonic & Knuckles. I never liked the new games..it took the old-school feeling away, you know?

I am glad to have found a forum about this incredibly amusing game.

Welcome to all that have recently joined! I hope you all enjoy your stay here.

Thank you :)

I am having a good time here!

Hey!

My friends know me as Shiv. I'm sarcastic, opinionated and LOVE to roar with laughter. I used to be a bit of a weeaboo in my teen days, but now I'm just mildly fond all things Japanese, with particular emphasis on jdorama and fashion, and anime to a lesser extent. In high school I was known as the girl who loved guys who looked like girls (aren't they called emos now? j/k)... nice :P No one at my school really understood the underlying greatness of JRock... sort of understandable!

I visited Tokyo earlier this year, and just walked around with saucer-wide eyes for two solid weeks.

I used to be a major gamer girl back in the day, and although all my weekends are no longer dedicated to leveling, I still get butterflies at odd new release.

I'm a amateur photographer and a psychology student.

I'm kinda loud.

Edited by LadyClaraBeaumont

Welcome to the SSMB, where every skin gots broken anytime soon. Enjoy your stay here xD.

Hi! I'm Phil. Sonic was the very first video game character I ever came across, even before Mario. I had his first game in 1991 when it came out in the UK (yes, when I was two years old, because my Dad liked racing car games and it came with the Mega Drive when he brought it), and since then I've grown to become one of his fans.

Since then, I've a Mega Drive with Sonics 1 to Knuckles, a GameCube with all of the Sonic titles for it, a PS3 with two Sonic titles and a Wii with all the Sonic games for it up to now. And I used to be a mad collector of the Sonic comics in the UK. Although I sadly had to depart with them to make room, I've rekindled my youth by finding scans of it online.

And I've been a mad fan of all the Sonic cartoons to hit the UK. (All bar Sonic X, I'm personally waiting for the 4Kids subbed version.) I even brought myself a Sonic/Shadow duvet cover for my newly decorated bedroom recently, and I'm 21! But it goes to show how much Sonic has been a part of my life, as he has been for everyone's lives here on the forum...

Edited by Phil the Thompson

I even brought myself a Sonic/Shadow duvet cover for my newly decorated bedroom recently, and I'm 21!

I would kill for one of those actually. The UK is too far for me to travel at the moment, so I guess your safe from me.... *goes to amazon.com*

Also, welcome to the boards.

Thanks all! Don't get your hopes too much, SegaDogTagz. For one thing, Sonic and Shadow's designs come from "Sonic X", and that one side has got Sonic on and the other has Shadow (For the record, Sonic's on top currently). Depending on if you like Sonic X or not, it might or might not be your thing. But I think Amazon UK will have a lot of these duvets hanging around, trust me.

^ Sonic X? aw well, (don't know what I was expecting, but still)

I shall cram it into my closet and it will never see the light of day :P