Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

Well, it's easy to imagine that the first few months will have plenty to offer considering the Wii U hasn't had all that much come to it.

Since it releases March, most games will probably be out between March and June/July, with the second lot of games coming around October to December. That middle portion of August and September will probably have one or two games, but that could also be the period of a big push for Virtual Console stuff - like Gamecube games.

Next weekend is going to be so great.

Game delays are a given you can't stop that. Like lll systems the first few months well get some good games but after the first 6 months I expect a very dry period and a lot of coming soon type news

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Game delays are a given you can't stop that. Like lll systems the first few months well get some good games but after the first 6 months I expect a very dry period and a lot of coming soon type news

Nintendo is doing everything in their power to reduce it, by combining their Handheld and console divisions, and courting third parties

53 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Nintendo is doing everything in their power to reduce it, by combining their Handheld and console divisions, and courting third parties

Lets just hope the third parties stay around this time longer. But I can live with just FP as well.

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Lets just hope the third parties stay around this time longer. But I can live with just FP as well.

I'd expect strong Japanese since this is likely to be a huge hit in Japan and replace the 3DS, western is always more nebulous

fun thing to consider: Treehouses can get reveals too, so along with the primary switch reveal we could also get additional reveals or in depth looks in the stream

4 hours ago, Marcello said:

I doubt Treehouse: Live will get any reveals. 

Not with THAT attitude, it won't.

I'm generally hoping for the best for both of these streams. As long as we get a decent amount of info and games lined up, everyone should be happy.

Just now, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Not with THAT attitude, it won't.

I'm generally hoping for the best for both of these streams. As long as we get a decent amount of info and games lined up, everyone should be happy.

Treehouse isn't there for announcements. It's for people who want to delve deeper into the gameplay of the games they've just announced. The presentation is the big thing they've been planning and where all eyes will be.

18 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Treehouse isn't there for announcements. It's for people who want to delve deeper into the gameplay of the games they've just announced. The presentation is the big thing they've been planning and where all eyes will be.

My friend, that first line was a joke.

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGKKZO11376390W7A100C1ENK000/

Nikkei and multiple others are reporting a price of 25.000 Yen/250 Dollars/250 Euros. Looks like Nintendo let multiple retailers know the price points before the event and then they published the price points before they were supposed to.

Nikkei is an incredibly reliable source. They've leaked many Nintendo things in the past. Even Iwata openly disliked them.

Solid, I'm good with that price and it was to be expected.

Ok, so here's an interesting thought, what if there is no premium unit, but it does come with game, only it's Splatoon 1.5 being multi only, as a showcase of the systems ability to do multiplayer at any level anywhere.

Also 1SKU at launch would help with stock issues

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Ok, so here's an interesting thought, what if there is no premium unit, but it does come with game, only it's Splatoon 1.5 being multi only, as a showcase of the systems ability to do multiplayer at any level anywhere.

I'd sell the game to game stop not interested in it

4 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Splatoon being basically multiplayer only, and online only for that matter, is a big part of the reason I ended up getting bored of it, quitting it and trading it in. I'd pass on that. Local multiplayer and a decent, the option to fight CPUs on our own like in Smash and Mario Kart and a much more fleshed out 1 player mode and I'll consider it. Otherwise, pass.

I personally do believe the rumor of two SKUs, and I think launch stock is going to be pretty limited regardless if they have one or two SKUs. At the very least, indications already point to Gamestop having very limited preorders. I'd say it's best to set our expectations low and alongside what's expected of Nintendo based on their track history. As such, I do think the suggestion that there's a regular SKU and a "deluxe" bundle with more storage and a game included makes sense. And Nintendo have not proven to me in recent years they can be reliable with Launch stock for nearly anything, in fact it happens so frequently and consistently, I almost have to say it's intentional (creates buzz, and word of mouth leads to more sales I guess?).

That being said, I would only be interested in the Splatoon Switch port IF it had greatly expanded -singleplayer content-. Like others said I got bored of playing online. I actually enjoyed Octovalley a lot, but it was way too short. However, there certainly are improvements I'd want for multiplayer, such as more customized matchmaking (gametypes/loadout stuff you can do without leaving a match, and do with your friends).

If I still lived in my parents house or starting college a online only splatoon would bug me but being on my own now not so much I would not mind it

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

If I still lived in my parents house or starting college a online only splatoon would bug me but being on my own now not so much I would not mind it

I don't like it because I have a plethora of friends who I can play other games with locally that were interested in Splatoon but, understandably, didn't want to get a Wii U.

Also, I like playing those kind of games by myself, too. As in, with CPUs and not humans all of the time. I want both options, not just one.

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I meant including local splitscreen/lan too, and maybe the original single player, but I'm just saying they flesh out the online and keep supporting it, but basically make it a central tier of the switch by including it with all launch systems creating a huge playerbase at launch, but not taking the full sequel expansion

Ah yea games against a.i is fun but I would not mind something like in terms of overwatch though I wish they game really really had a single player

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's something fun to consider, there's been at least one Netherrealms(formerly Midway) fighter(Mortal Kombat/Injustice) on every Nintendo Console since the SNES, usually around launch. I wouldn't rule it happening on the Switch,I still think the odds of Injustice 2 in Switch's launch window is likely

On 1/6/2017 at 9:46 AM, Zippo said:

Any East coasters going to this?

C1fpuQaUcAItup0.jpg

I am.

Spoiler

....Or at least, I wish I was. I even received an an email from them. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend.

If the switch can run injustice on the same graphical and fps as ps4 and one color me very excited.  no more of that we had to either make a inferior version or build a game around what all 3 could run equally

8 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

If the switch can run injustice on the same graphical and fps as ps4 and one color me very excited.  no more of that we had to either make a inferior version or build a game around what all 3 could run equally

There might be a slight graphical reduction, but it'll run from the same core as the others with just a bit of optimization, and of course the graphics will take a slight hit on the go

22 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

There might be a slight graphical reduction, but it'll run from the same core as the others with just a bit of optimization, and of course the graphics will take a slight hit on the go

Honestly the on the go portion is not really a big deal to me. I don't like carry the tablet I have now. But for flights to cons would be it's main use for me. Otherwise it's staying docked at home

http://m.imgur.com/8jwngTz

This apparently just showed up, a GameStop in Germany is listing two Sonic games along with other Switch games. Does this mean Mania is coming to Switch? A possible physical release? Guess we'll find out in 72 hours or so.

Things are heating up.