Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Wait spoiler before or after a show. Once it's live it's known. Besides I'm already hearing word of shortages. Brace yourself if you miss the first round

before. And there are no shortages, well not necessarily. First wave of pre-orders will be smaller, but there will be a second wave which they'll make bigger based on demand. It's been stated for a while

2 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

before. And there are no shortages, well not necessarily. First wave of pre-orders will be smaller, but there will be a second wave which they'll make bigger based on demand. It's been stated for a while

So should I camp at my gamestop in the morning or can I risk waiting till my lunch break to go

Just now, Meta77 said:

So should I camp at my gamestop in the morning or can I risk waiting till my lunch break to go

shrugs, you're choice, I'm stuck with Amazon

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Rofl after the metal gear 5 issue I'm with them. Plus you have to pay in full

What happened with Metal Gear 5?

2 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

What happened with Metal Gear 5?

Where they allowed way more pre-ordered items to process then they had. And them waited till almost a week out to let people know they didn't have enough units for a majority of the orders

Spoiler

Alright, big giant "IF" on this one, but out of all the leaks that have come out, insiders on forums in the past couple of hours have said there is at least some truth to this. We've only got 11 or so hours until we find out but, there is quite a bit here including:

Super Mario Odsessy 

Splatoon 2

Super Bomberman R

1 2 Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Ultra Street Fighter 2

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/363582251

Also, Laura Kate Dale and multiple others are claiming a new Metroid game is in development, and that Retro isn't behind it.

Read at your own discretion.

2 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

Say, do you guys think preorders for the Nintendo Switch will start tomorrow? I am just curious, that is all.

That looks to be almost confirmed. 

1 minute ago, Zippo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Alright, big giant "IF" on this one, but out of all the leaks that have come out, insiders on forums in the past couple of hours have said there is at least some truth to this. We've only got 11 or so hours until we find out but, there is quite a bit here including:

Super Mario Odsessy 

Splatoon 2

1 2 3 Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Ultra Street Fighter 2

Also, Laura Kate Dale and multiple others are claiming a new Metroid game is in development, and that Retro isn't behind it.

That looks to be almost confirmed. 

Then I will be going to my local Gamestop to preorder for sure if it turns out true! Can't wait!

Just now, Zippo said:
  Hide contents

Super Mario Odsessy 

Splatoon 2

1 2 3 Switch

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Ultra Street Fighter 2

So note, those are supposedly the Demo games, not necessarily everything revealed. Honestly, all the demo stations are going up today, so it's not impossible this is real. But there's a lot more than that in the presentation

Don't forget a New BOMBERMAN! I actually think that may be a big possibility, Nintendo's on good terms with Konami and has been lincensing IPs

Also note it's almost all new stuff so ports, like say UMV3 wouldn't be there in favor of the exclusives

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is an actual spoiler, but just to be safe. Do you guys think we'll be getting something Smash Bros related at the event? Haven't heard any news about it lately.

1 minute ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

So note, those are supposedly the Demo games, not necessarily everything revealed. Honestly, all the demo stations are going up today, so it's not impossible this is real. But there's a lot more than that in the presentation

Reveal hidden contents

Don't forget a New BOMBERMAN! I actually think that may be a big possibility, Nintendo's on good terms with Konami and has been lincensing IPs

Also note it's almost all new stuff so ports, like say UMV3 wouldn't be there in favor of the exclusives

Spoiler

I'm inclined to agree, none of this sounds out there or unrealistic. This is also just a demo station in Europe, apparently. There could be more playable games in the US and Japan, as well as a lot more in the presentation and in streams this weekend. I'm definitely down for a new Bomberman game, Nintendo owns ND cube (Mario Party developers who used to work at Hudson Soft.) so i don't see why not.

3 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

Hey guys,

Hide contents

Not sure if this is an actual spoiler, but just to be safe. Do you guys think we'll be getting something Smash Bros related at the event? Haven't heard any news about it lately.

I can 100% guarantee you'll be seeing some form of Smash Bros. tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Zippo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm inclined to agree, none of this sounds out there or unrealistic. This is also just a demo station in Europe, apparently. There could be more playable games in the US and Japan, as well as a lot more in the presentation and in streams this weekend. I'm definitely down for a new Bomberman game, Nintendo owns ND cube (Mario Party developers who used to work at Hudson Soft.) so i don't see why not.

Also for reference, Nintendo has already licensed and revived 2 dead Hudsonsoft series from Konami. A Train Sim, and Mornumite or something, I think it was an anime boardgame with stocks or something. This would be it just coming out of Japan. Also Bomberman with Nintendo polish and the original devs would be pretty sweet

So I just got through talking to my gamestop as I'm pretty good friends with the managers. They are thinking there is going to be a shortage big time.  basically after lunch don't expect to get one

3 hours ago, Zippo said:
  Hide contents

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=228154894

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=228155464

Fuck. A trademark for Super Mario Odessey was just found.  

It's looking more and more likely to be real.

Update: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=228155806

It's been found Nintendo themselves had the trademark registered.

Oh my gosh I hate the sound of the name... please nintendo you have time to change it still.

31 minutes ago, Zippo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Has Been Heroes was trademarked a while ago.

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Has Been Heroes was trademarked a while ago.

Spoiler

The difference here is that it's been rated, meaning it's release is imminent. Given that it's rating came after the post, there's no way it was a  coincidence. That Mario Odessey trademark that was filed today is also evidence to back that up. Either way, nearly 7 hours to go until we find out.

2 minutes ago, Terriful said:

Did the guy say anything about the Rabbids/Mario RPG by any chance?

He did not. Just what was going to be playable at the Europe press event.