Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Assuming it's legit, I'd guess the game is a Rabbids game first and foremost, just with some Mario theming and cameos, rather than an equal parts crossover.

Kind of like that Mario basketball game that had Final Fantasy characters because ???, but Mario's the guest this time.

...Hmm.  Looking back on the original leaked information, it's true that that's a possible reading, but at the same time, I don't know that it's a natural one.  However, that might just be because the original information was influenced by the expectations of both readers and the leak-relaters themselves that the game wouldn't attempt to underplay the Mario elements.  And if the title is indeed being primarily developed by Ubisoft, that does increase the likelihood that it's really a Rabbids game and Mario is just flavouring.

8 hours ago, FFWF said:

"Rabbids Kingdom Battle" doesn't sound like the name of a game with Mario in it

250px-FS_boxcover.png

To be fair, neither does "Fortune Street".

Mario crossover spinoffs are weird.

• Thumbs Up 5

x4JmTU4.png

As someone who has been waiting for this game pretty much all my teens and adult life, this feels really surreal. 

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

Some updates many may have missed. LKD claims she has seen multiple, FINALIZED marketing materials for Zelda and next weeks' presentation as well Gamecube VC support as further proof of her sources' legitimacy. She also now says 3D Mario and Rabbids Kingdom will most likely now miss launch, she also doubled down on the Ubisoft rumors, saying she's seen verifiable evidence of all of those games existing.

Another insider, Nate Drake, corroborated with LKD on magazines having already access to Switch games, new Zelda details are either coming today or tomorrow.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-14-16-11-1.png

Screenshot_2017-01-03-14-16-15-1.png

40 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Why digital on the other systems?:/

Going by LKD's rumors, Ubisoft has been extremely hesitant to fund the title for years now. Nintendo most likely at least partially fronted the bill for timed exclusivity and a physical release.

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

Why digital on the other systems?:/

Presumably because BG&E was a massive bomb. Nintendo is probably paying for physical distribution.

Oh my God, guys! A totally real leak:

Spoiler

k9XhLJa.jpg

I can't believe it. Two Metroids in November. And I totally didn't make this!

On 1/4/2017 at 7:23 AM, Zippo said:

Another insider, Nate Drake, corroborated with LKD on magazines having already access to Switch games, new Zelda details are either coming today or tomorrow.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-14-16-11-1.png

Screenshot_2017-01-03-14-16-15-1.png

This was Game Informer and it seems to have been nothing new. :-/ I guess it shouldn't be surprising so close to the event.

There is something... peculiar in that game list: Breasts of the Wild :o

The last game seems to read Donkey Kong, I hope we get a DK Country game, I love that series too!

No signs of Sonic 2017 there :(

If that list doesn't include downloadable titles -and it's legit, ofc-, there is still hope for Sonic Mania.

Jesus...

My brother is going to be freaking over the moon when he hears about two Metroids.  It's like they really want to make up for Federation Force

:P  And another Kid Icarus?  And another F-Zero?  Is a kitchen sink in there too?  All we need is confirmation of Pokémon Stars and this could damn well be one of the best years for Nintendo gaming.  That is, assuming this is actually real...  Actually, upon seeing Fire Emblem: Rub-a-Dub-Dub, my view is turning towards fake fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Oh my God, guys! A totally real leak:

Hide contents

k9XhLJa.jpg

I can't believe it. Two Metroids in November. And I totally didn't make this!

That is as fake as a hen with teeth.

Any UK people who entered for the Switch preview event check those emails as the rewards are coming.

Registration is up and running for those who won, and interestingly enough it's taking place near enough where Summer of Sonic was - Hammersmith.

All that's important from this stream is the price. Release and specs. We all know it will have a Mario game and Zelda game on launch most likely

It is only a rumor, but apparently Breath of the Wild won't be a Switch launch title in Europe.

The reason is translating it in other languages.

This is really stupid. Knowing them, it will only be translated in French,Italian,Spanish and German.

So the other countries will play it in English.

Why release it later for all Europe when only 4 countries will play it in other languages? 

I don't think I've ever seen a video game system with this many rumors swirling around it. It's to the point where I'm just outright ignoring all of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jotaro Kujo (Diamond) said:

It is only a rumor, but apparently Breath of the Wild won't be a Switch launch title in Europe.

The reason is translating it in other languages.

This is really stupid. Knowing them, it will only be translated in French,Italian,Spanish and German.

So the other countries will play it in English.

Why release it later for all Europe when only 4 countries will play it in other languages? 

I think you underestimate the amount of countries that speak the other 4 main languages in Europe. Multi5 covers English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French because the amount of speakers of those languages in Europe is insane. (That being said, Brexit is happening, can us lads in the UK be separate so we don't deal with this Multi5 bullocks pls.) Either way, the EU delay would be really bad if it's true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Marcello said:

That would be a really big fuck up on Nintendo's end. But I think it will make it.

uY0HyTZ.jpg

Welp

9 hours ago, God Eater Lenka said:

In depth Treehouse thing happening day after the Switch presentation!

We're getting two E3s this year, guys. Less than a week to go. 

I know it is not time yet, but...

The stream for the whole presentation has already been set up. Just wanted to let you all know, even though it is not time yet, but hey...

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Flamerstreak said:

I know it is not time yet, but...

The stream for the whole presentation has already been set up. Just wanted to let you all know, even though it is not time yet, but hey...

I'll have it in it's own window for the next week haha.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-will-be-presenting-at-nintendo-switch-presentation-2017/

Also current Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima will be the presenter at the conference. This will be the first time anyone around the world will be seeing the president speak at a public event.

• Thumbs Up 1

Will Kimishima finally join Reggie and Iwata (bless) on the pantheon of great meme manufacturers?! FIND OUT.

Nintendo Switch is interesting, but Nintendo needs to release the launch games and future games on a reasonable schedule without any delays or else the Nintendo Switch will turn up to be a flop like the Wii U