Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

The next few days are going to be an absolute rollercoaster of both real and fake news and I am SO pumped for all of it.

32 minutes ago, Zippo said:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271510-nintendo-france-contest-for-the-switch-event-mentions-splatoon

Also, I'm sure everyone called this, but it looks like Nintendo France accidentally just confirmed the existence of Splatoon for Switch. Was quickly taken down. Opps.

Splatoon was in the Switch reveal....

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Splatoon was in the Switch reveal....

Nintendo never officially confirmed the existence of any of those games, though.

9 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

The next few days are going to be an absolute rollercoaster of both real and fake news and I am SO pumped for all of it.

It's only just getting started, man.

So here's a fun thing from Nintendo of Spain

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

It's a homage to a 1980's NES reveal ad

• Thumbs Up 5

all I care for is if they allow pre-orders. Not doing that classic mess of hoping my gs gets 3 units in.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.destructoid.com/a-gamestop-description-indicates-there-will-be-a-pokemon-game-on-the-switch-410776.phtml

Even more slip ups! GameStop just Casually name dropped Pokemon for Switch. Pokemon Stars has been heavily rumored for months now so this isn't a surprise. Two more days!

Screenshot_2017-01-10-00-44-55-1.png

EDIT: Removed the original link as it lead to nowhere and is throwing up anti-virus blocks for people. Replaced with a news story instead.

Edited by Nepenthe

I'm sure Pokémon Stars is coming to Switch, but I doubt Gamestop actually knows anything. It's unlikely to be announced at this event. They just wrote it, because it's a popular Nintendo franchise. It's a no-brainer that Switch will get a Pokémon game. 

I don't see why GameStop, a massive game power house in the industry, would lie about a Pokemon Switch game. And with GameStop being the whore it is usually in bed with every AAA company in the industry, I'm sure they'd have certain information regarding a lot of stuff. Keep in mind for example, game informer was a subset of GameStop, and they were given in advance information and announcements of certain things(like borderlands 2 off the top of my head)

I can't say how I know cause I will not risk getting people in trouble but gamestop does know. They have assets ready for Thursday to put up.

Yeah, Every gamestop manager should have a rough idea of the Switch lineup because they have to organize everything for it for thursday night setup/oreorders on friday. a few select employees will too, however they will all be under strict NDAs

I'm sure they have some stuff for Thursday, but like I said, I don't see Pokémon being announced so soon.

And here's a bingo card I did:

Spoiler

9GhFYZE.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok, here's something interesting, it could be fake, but here's some possible design/sales proposal(as in to send to retailers) for Hori Switch periphials

There's even a professional grade Hori Fightpad. Which they wouldn't be making unless there were multiple major fighting games coming in the launch window(and I mean major, since the wii-u didn't get a single dedicated one despite Injustice and TTT2, and as far as I know main on wii got was for TVC). I think this lends further credence to UMVC3, Tekken 7, and Injustice 2 coming in the launch window. Personally the idea of pushing the Switch as a major training device for fighting games makes sense, being capable of doing full gameplay compatibility and fightpad compatibility makes a lot of sense.

Also looks like Joycon may also be a standard type of controller in general

Edit: it's real and color pictures

1484086094-1573089-apparatuurtassen-hori
1484086095-1573091-apparatuurtassen-hori
1484086092-1573095-apparatuurtassen-hori
1484086093-1573097-apparatuurtassen-hori
1484086092-1573099-batterijen-hori-plays
1484086095-1573111-batterijen-hori-car-c
1484086209-1573105-game-controllers-spel

And screen protectors! yay

• Thumbs Up 1

Think this looks like the real deal. If true, then maybe we have one of our biggest clues to Zelda as a launch title in both Europe and the States.

This presentation is going to be an interesting one to watch from the looks of all the rumours floating about online.

Those are some pretty cool looking accessories. Hopefully they're real. I have to get that stand for my Switch. It looks really nice.

...a Turbo button as standard is kinda curious. I wonder when they decided to put that in? It doesn't look like they had it back during the original Switch reveal.

Nintendo_Switch_Conventional_controller.

1 minute ago, Blacklightning said:

...a Turbo button as standard is kinda curious. I wonder when they decided to put that in? It doesn't look like they had it back during the original Switch reveal.

Nintendo_Switch_Conventional_controller.

It's a third party controller... although you tend to see them heavily on systems with lots of fighting games

10 minutes ago, Jotaro Kujo (Diamond) said:

This might sound stupid, but what does a Turbo button do?

Or is  it a new thing?

It's basically to save you mashing a button repeatedly. Holding down a regular button registers as one long hold like you would expect. Holding down a turbo button registers as repeated button mashing for as long as it's held down.This obviously makes things easier on your thumb and can get tasks done quicker for you (hence the name "turbo").

Definitely not a new thing though, even the NES had a few turbo controllers!

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

It's a third party controller... although you tend to see them heavily on systems with lots of fighting games

No... that's the Switch Pro Controller. Last I checked, Nintendo made their own Pro controllers.

But I'm pretty sure that's not a Turbo button either, I'm pretty sure that's the rumored/patented "share" button. It looks very much like the button that's on the left Joycon controller.

2 minutes ago, Shade Vortex said:

No... that's the Switch Pro Controller. Last I checked, Nintendo made their own Pro controllers.

But I'm pretty sure that's not a Turbo button either, I'm pretty sure that's the share button. It looks very much like the button that's on the left Joycon controller.

He's talking about this one:
1484086209-1573105-game-controllers-spel

Would fighting games even pick up much steam on switch? Most all tournaments use ps4 or one for fighters. The wii was there just for smash. Would the switch sway many I'm wondering?

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Would fighting games even pick up much steam on switch? Most all tournaments use ps4 or one for fighters. The wii was there just for smash. Would the switch sway many I'm wondering?

The ability to play the full games, with full accuracy and input with no lag on the go, anywhere with about 5 second setup time for a quick practice match? This thing would sell like hotcakes, and not even necessarily have to be the tournament station unit. It's the ultimate training device, and that's going to pick up some steam

Edit: oh and the SFIV port was one of the best selling games of the 3DS launch

2 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

The ability to play the full games, with full accuracy and input with no lag on the go, anywhere with about 5 second setup time for a quick practice match? This thing would sell like hotcakes, and not even necessarily have to be the tournament station unit. It's the ultimate training device, and that's going to pick up some steam

Edit: oh and the SFIV port was one of the best selling games of the 3DS launch

Wait no input lag. It's been stated that unlocked the unit runs slower than when docked though. And in fighters a second of input lag can mess up a combo

Just now, Meta77 said:

Wait no input lag. It's been stated that unlocked the unit runs slower than when docked though. And in fighters a second of input lag can mess up a combo

Clocks do not equal game speed. And that's for the GPU. They managed to get SFIV running at 60FPS, and this device in handheld mode is more powerful than the wii-u. Processing power isn't the issue for gameplay. Graphics will take a hit in handheld mode, but on that screen you won't notice, and the gameplay will still be fluid and accurate. Love how some people take things out of perspective without looking at what it means. CPU has similar if not same performance in both modes, and other elements are trimmed back to keep the actual gameplay working