Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

it_s_a_sonic_amiibo_with_blue_arms_by_yo

Yeah, I painted my Sonic amiibo's arms blue, and posted the pic online, just to rile people. Shared it with Mike Pollock.

Highly doubt the 3 in the Retro pack won't be sold separately at some point.

The note is most likely a reminder that the 3 won't be available by themselves on Saturday.

With that being said, anyone going tomorrow?

I am, I'm gonna try to show up close to 8:00 at the Mall. I live within a good walking distance of the mall, and after watching Sonic Boom, I can go down there by foot. And why so early? Because, we have word of an amiibo pre-order, and we're not gonna get very far once that blazing sun gets overhead.

Nice dissolve.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Highly doubt the 3 in the Retro pack won't be sold separately at some point.

Nintendo has no reason to be doubted at this point regarding these decisions. The Squid Amiibo is still exclusive to the Splatoon pack and their statement regarding all exclusives so far ("exclusive to retailer at launch") has held true despite restocks and the like.

I pre-ordered it at the local Mall GameStop. To my surprise, there was really NO Line, because not a lot of people showed up until after. The Mall itself opened around 8:45, and I was the first to pre-order the Retro 3-Pak (I spelled it that way on purpose). I did, however pity those who went to the standalone GameStops, though, and how they all waited outside, and there were lines, according to the employees.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Found a Pit amiibo at Best Buy last night!

I pre-ordered the three pack as well. :D

Villager, Ike, Marth, Pac-Man, Captain Falcon and Lucario are inbound for Canadian stores. The noteworthy aspect is that Lucario has been recieved by Walmart and is in stock, while EB Games created an SKU for him a few days ago. Keep in mind that the only confirmed sightings have been in Vancouver so it should begin working east in the next few days.

Seems like the exclusive windows are only six months.

Edited by Chris

Aw, sweet! The exclusives are temporary! I didn't know that.

Hopefully this'll help ease our worries with amiibo hunting. I hope. I'm looking into importing amiibo from Amazon Japan, can anyone sum up what I have to do in terms of using forwarding services like Tenso?

Out of curiosity, is the rarer figures being remade by Nintendo? I ask because I was in Game yesterday and found 2 Little Macs alongside a few of the common Amiibo. I also saw Wario and Charizard, although I don't know if they're rare or not. Either way, I got Little Mac and I really like the paint job on him, he looks really cool. 

Out of curiosity, is the rarer figures being remade by Nintendo? I ask because I was in Game yesterday and found 2 Little Macs alongside a few of the common Amiibo. I also saw Wario and Charizard, although I don't know if they're rare or not. Either way, I got Little Mac and I really like the paint job on him, he looks really cool. 

According to what I've read, yes, this is the case.

Finally did it, and ordered the Splatoon Amiibo 3-pack at a very decent price of £41.99. A far cry from two months ago when I first saw it listed on Amazon like below.

eb42fa3ce7c2d77bc9dcc0d241d2fb2e.thumb.p

Finally did it, and ordered the Splatoon Amiibo 3-pack at a very decent price of £41.99. A far cry from two months ago when I first saw it listed on Amazon like below.

eb42fa3ce7c2d77bc9dcc0d241d2fb2e.thumb.p

There's no way that would've ever sold.

Well, I can confirm things are looking up. Not only did I spot two Little Macs a few days ago, I also found 2 or 3 Rosalinas.

Well, I can confirm things are looking up. Not only did I spot two Little Macs a few days ago, I also found 2 or 3 Rosalinas.

Huh I thought that you didn't care about amiibos

Huh I thought that you didn't care about amiibos

I don't. But it doesn't mean I can't collect any rare ones I happen to stumble upon, and it doesn't mean I can't help my fellow members by letting them know that I've found some of the rarest ones in bulk in Game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only been passively looking, but any GAME stores in Northern Ireland I went to don't seem to have (on the shelves at least) any amiibo that isn't some Wave 1 Smash or the Super Mario amiibos. Pretty much has been the way since amiibos were first introduced.

Best Buy has actually started taking actions against scalpers. Me and my brother went into one and we were both shocked to see after a month, Dark Pit was still there. But we quickly learned the reason why is because best Buy fixed it where Dark Pit was locked on his hook and can only be removed by a store employee, and even then they only allow one Dark Pit per costumer. I wish more stores did this when it comes to exclusives.

Thanks to recent Toys R Us restocks in Canada, my Dad was able to snag an Ike amiibo! Apparently he said there were Captain Falcons and Villagers when he got there too, but I already had them.

Edited by Failinhearts
  • Thumbs Up 1

More on from Chris' point, I decided to list all of the amiibo from that list, so let's gooooo.

• Mario Maker - Mario (11th September)
  • Mario Maker - Modern Mario (part of bundle / 11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Zero Suit Samus (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Bowser Jr. (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Dr. Mario (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Olimar (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Ganondorf (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mr. Game and Watch (25th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Duck Hunt Duo (25th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - R.O.B. (25th September)
  • Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash - Chibi-Robo (part of bundle / 9th October)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Pink Yarn Yoshi (16th October)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Yarn Yoshi (part of bundle / 16th October)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Blue Yarn Yoshi (16th October)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mii Brawler (1st November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mii Sword Fighter (1st November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mii Gunner (1st November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mewtwo (13th November)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Mega Yarn Yoshi (15th November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Falco (20th November)
  • Animal Crossing - Isabelle (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - K.K. Slider (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Mabel (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Tom Nook (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Digby (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Reese (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Cyrus (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Lottie (Holiday)
Edited by Athena Cykes