Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I'm actually enjoying the update a lot so far. The only thing I feel people won't like is how they seriously nerfed all the buddies. Oh, and um.. at episode 50 you need 19500000 points for each marker. Ouch. They better have more RSR rewards for completing an episode.. 

Edit: Okay after playing, I take that back. Getting a high score is actually really easy now. 

Edited by ElectricAngel

At least they upped the character egg to 10% i guess... Good luck getting event characters from now on tho... Also all the skills of most buddies and characters got downgraded... so those extra 5 added levels on buddies were not meant to help the player whatsoever affterall. hahaa.

Runners was already full of BS but at least before it was most of the time fair by not putting a spike wall in my way which I have no chance to react. And remember, top speed still takes your ring away and items which give you invinsibility has been nerfed like any other item. Before I was able to do mostly one part of chapter 50 with one life, now it seems that I can't make it even with 5 lifes.

And character egg is raised to the 10% well, it's great that chances of getting a RSR is made like 95% harder

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe this bullshit ... almost every change is AGAINST the player!

- Nerfed buddies and wisps.

- Much shorter time against Eggman during stages.

- After Top Speed the stage is unbelievely hard and unfair.

- My rank is 661. To complete 1 chapter I need to make 100.000.000 points ><U

- Now is harder to stay in S*** rank. The prizes are worse too (this week I finished 1st in total score and the prize was 70RSR, but noooooooooo ... )

I'm still atonished ...

Edited by ZeroP
  • Thumbs Up 2

It lookms like hes a good character. Is he on the roulette. I would play but i cant beacuse my phone doesnt recognize my sim

Edited by Diamond

I got my third Fly-Type character, ESP Silver.

image.thumb.jpg.3e63348070c879d393f14e9c

image.thumb.jpg.2c49de134ebc5bd891b4787e

Oh, my God! He's flying like Metal Sonic!?:o

OMG SO LUCKY!

I think I'm done with the game... Too much has changed and I might just play whenever... I'll still follow to see what characters get added though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't believe they nerfed the buddies for this level 10 nonsense. It's just a ploy to get more cash. I appreciate they need to make money, but this is the wrong way to do it. If they wanted level 10 buddies, they should give the player more rewards for leveling up. 

• Thumbs Up 2

SoOoo.... the big 2.0 update is more of a degrade then a upgrade overall so far huh? ... lovely... as if the game wasn't bad enough off already. Ugh.

Self quoting for de truth! Except for a few nice changes and things... outside of that stuff the 2.0 is overall just a downgrade. Thanks a ton Smaga! :T

Well... at the very least I have another shot at getting Metal-Sonic forever now... even if the odds are seriously against me... 14+ character wheel = 1% of getting what you want. meh.

PS: Looking forward to reading couple new "reviews" for this version of the game. xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Baah!! Shouldn't have spent all the my red rings on the Heroes return campaign. It looks like getting characters is much easier now (and the duplicates would have caused limit breaks). 

This new update is a slap in the face to long time players. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It lookms like hes a good character. Is he on the roulette. I would play but i cant beacuse my phone doesnt recognize my sim

Yes. He is in the Premium Roulette. His drop rates boosted until December 4th, 2015.

At least they've seemed to fix a lot of bugs. I can at last level up my characters.

But to be honest, after all the nerfing, it's hard to avoid the feeling of "why bother?".

• Thumbs Up 2

This new update is a slap in the face to long time players. 

THIS!

I've just spent 500RSR and ...

skxd9d.jpg

11hwgie.jpg

10mn8nq.jpg

And thanks to those Star Ranks:

2m508cp.jpg

Now I have 1000RSR and I think I will save them to the next event / exclusive character. With this update now farm RSR I harder than ever ><U

Edited by ZeroP

So, once you reach Top Speed, you will start encountering unavoidable obstacles, including:

• Walls of spike balls from the ground below to the top of the screen
  • Clusters of unavoidable spikes when following the regular path, taking springboards, going through hoops, etc.
  • Diagonal walls of unavoidable missiles

They've essentially made it so that it's virtually impossible to continue a score run even if you play flawlessly. Not only are many of the features of this update just plain greedy, but they've literally made it impossible for you to progress past a certain point.

This game pretty much demonstrates the series in general - Sonic itself keeps on changing constantly even though the original form was fine before. That's not to say that change in and of itself is a bad thing. Some changes can have a great, positive effect on a series and a game. But changing something that was fine in its inception and making it worse and worse with time and greed is something only the developers seem to have mastered.

Good game design.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, how are you sopposed to get shahra to level 10?

The rankings have increased to level 10 too, just got Shahra to level 6 just for being in the S*** rank

Also, got the new Silver at first spin o _ o , the game decided to become nicer in this update xD,  except for the fact that everything else became more difficult to obtain. 

IMG_20151127_12442.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

How about a Video instead? xP

That wall's actually avoidable if you landed on the hill and triple-jumped (or you know, use the Swap Nuke)

Also as i've expected, no Westerner with their anti-microtransanction blood running in their veins would like this update :P

Edited by NoirSuede

That wall's actually avoidable if you landed on the hill and triple-jumped (or you know, use the Swap Nuke)

Oh, silly Noir. There's no Swap Nuke anymore. It's gone.

• Thumbs Up 1