Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I got some questions. First why are weekday ranking scores much higher then weekend ranking scores? It seems like nobody can get high scores on weekend.

Second which of the following ways when you lose in a game annoys you the most and which is most common for you? It is divided into 3 sections with the 3 primary ways to lose that contain sub sections of that main section. In addition lag is placed there.

Hit: Running into or getting hit by spike balls, spikes, badniks, etc.

Drill Hit: Lose by getting hit by a drill.

Pit: Falling into pit, perhaps you ran out of jumps or fell from up high route.

Catapult Pit: The catapult fails to work and you fall into pit.

Drill Pit: Getting hit by a drill and falling into pit below.

Hit Pit: Getting hit causes you to fall into a pit.

Wall: You failed to jump in time when running to a wall. Or those walls placed into the air and you jump into it causing you to lose.

Hit Wall: Getting hit next to a wall, perhaps spikes that are placed next to a wall that causes you to lose.

Spring Wall: This rarely occurs but happens when spring fails to work that is placed next to a wall.

Lag: When the game does that fast freeze one second that causes you to lose.

What annoys me the most is the drill hits and catapult pits. It happens when there are trillions of drills and you no longer get rings and that tiny lag caused you to lose. The most common for me is hits, drill hits, pits, and lag. Luckily walls are much less common.

Pit: the main way I fail in the sky sections and also due to...

Catapult Pit: no escape out those and the timing always seems to be awkward to me

Lag: their constant pinging to the ad server or whatever is going on in the background is just getting in the way and the few milliseconds of frame stop and jerky movement catches me off guard too many times which leads into the spikeball death

can I also add that I can't use power characters well enough that I take damage from EGGMAN! of all things

I dont think that trick works.... you guys are crazy to be honest.

If is true, record it and get 3 chars eggs or 3 S rare in a row and then ill believe it.... its just pure luck, anyway i dont worry about those tricks. I got blaze+rouge with only 3 spins (both) got blaze first then a rare and then rouge and later on shadow with only 1 spin.

Its just pure luck, i dont think any trick or bug will work i spent 500 red rings trying it.

Or just proof it.

It IS pure luck, every item is already determined and the animation is there just for show, many people realised that and now simply forget it.

I tried that "trick" myself various times and even while doing it right sometimes it landed on the right one, sometimes it wasn't even close at all

It's like if someone told you "If you sing live and learn while the roulette is spinning you get shadow"

Then you and other get shadow and be like "It was totally the music!"

This is all coincidences

• Thumbs Up 3

I did it, and i got.... a level up for the gold piggy bank

god i hate when it does that, i got it all the way to lv4 and now with the 150 rings i had it gave me the tornado :/ (and 2 others that i don't use)

Hey guys i think the game is taking too much space on my phone, how do i delete the useless data? (And, are you sure it doesnt have anything to do with the roulette rewards? I havent got the death egg but it shows up)

Make a transfer account and delete the game.install it , go to transfer data and write the password and the code...

sorry for double post...

Wouldnt it be interesting that after the sa1 event ends, to have region exclusive fixed price characters?

America: Sally or Sticks

Europe: Emerl

Asia & Australia: Marine?

• Thumbs Up 1

sorry for double post...

Wouldnt it be interesting that after the sa1 event ends, to have region exclusive fixed price characters?

I dunno, why?

I thoght they already did that with Phantasy Star and Puyo Puyo

Wouldn't it be interesting that after the sa1 event ends, to have region exclusive fixed price characters?

Actually, Sega doesn't have any plan to bring any DLC in Sonic Runners. It's worthless.

About that event, I think that Tikal would be a special event character.

Dude, the Phantasy Star and PuyoPuyo companions are already Japan exclusive events, even Amitie Amy

Yeah, I know, but someone in this thread(it doesn't mean myself or LukA8) disagrees that Tikal could be Fly/Rose-Type, and I think she could be Power/Hero-Type(with greater distance bonus than Knuckles) because Tikal is an echidna, and she's faster than Knuckles.

To summarize, like Amitie-Style Amy & Classic Sonic, Tikal will be a special event character.

sorry for double post...

Marine for Australia? YES! I'm Aussie so I'm totally down with this deal! But I do like Sticks... (If this were a thing, that is)

Although the whole "fixed price" idea will be futile. It's roulette all the way! *cries internally*

Edited by SuperAj3

Dude, the Phantasy Star and PuyoPuyo companions are already Japan exclusive events, even Amitie Amy

And Canada. I had my region set to Canada and could still get them. They were soft launch exclusive.

sorry for double post...

1. Whats the point of having a regional exclusives? I think it would make SEGA much more money to have all those characters in every region and also reduce backlash for excample from European Sticks fans. Even if Runners are caused a quite much of backlash already.
  2. Emerl in Europe? Yes, it would be so nice to have only a character which I only know by the name while other regions get something more interesting

Region exclusive content are something many fans & me have always disliked in gaming. It's unfair when that kind of stuff happens... Hopefully Sega are smart enough to not go in that direction.

Something that I am wondering... is who will be the last member of Team Machine? We have Omega... And Metal-Sonic whenever it comes out... But that still leaves 1 slot open... They could make it Gemerl... Tho personally I would prefer something else such as Johnny. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny

PS: Hopefully it won't be Omochao... xD

This Sonic Runners game is something I call a Rage Game because it makes you rage in anger at how cheap and unfair it feels when you lose. Seriously I was trying to jump over a pit and instead jumped straight into a wall and automatically lost because of the wall is stupid! You should not lose by running or jumping into wall that is not fair! If it was not for Chip as companion I would get much less high score. There is another cheap and unfair way to lose which would be areas where there are lots of pits to the point where if you are using a speed character then you have to jump but wait you can not land and you jump again but wait you can not land still and you jump again but wait you freaking still can not freaking land and you jump again but wait, you are out of jumps and fall into the pit.

QdrR8BSl.jpg

I got the highest combo ever at 4,000 but as soon stupid Dr. Eggman fight came up I lost it because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGHT HIM WITHOUT LOSING YOUR COMBO AFTER SECOND SPEED UP! Even if you purposely try and skip him to avoid losing your combo you will most likely lose it.

59AeVx5l.jpg

Another thing I noticed if you choose to use red rings for revive instead of video ad they will force you to play (Not watch. I hate it when people make it seem like they are forcing you against your will to watch video ad as in some type of robotic arms are coming out of your phone or computer grabbing your eyeballs and keeping the eyelids open forcing you to watch ad video!) a video ad even though they give you 5 seconds before you can skip it. The video ad should of never showed up in the first place! There are many free games that do not force video ads on you unless that you choose for it. I respect those who not force video ads on you because it shows they are nice! Anyway that is what I needed to say than after playing the game recently. Something I usually try to limit. Anyway than does the game cause anybody else anger or rage?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Tikal is on the way but the only one that made more sense would be Gamma

If we look at team mech as a 3 member team then the final place, fly if I'm not mistaken (metal sonic can be fly or speed though)is the only left and Gamma has that helicopter thing to help him fly.

Tikal on the other hand is kinda weird to label, hopefully she will be some random new team that gives that rsr bonus that we saw in the last images from data :o

Well, Tikal is on the way but the only one that made more sense would be Gamma

If we look at team mech as a 3 member team then the final place, fly if I'm not mistaken (metal sonic can be fly or speed though)is the only left and Gamma has that helicopter thing to help him fly.

Tikal on the other hand is kinda weird to label, hopefully she will be some random new team that gives that rsr bonus that we saw in the last images from data :o

So far Team Mech has Power (Omega) and Fly (Metal Sonic). If Metal was Speed, Gamma would've been perfect as the fly type!
Also Tikal is most likely Fly/Rose (Or Fly/Lady in Japan). Just to balance things out.

Finally got Shadow! :D 

Now lets hope i dont miss blaze like i missed Omega.

And also hope for it to stop giving me the cartridge, i still need that wizard chao :(

Again, echidnas can't fly. So Tikal won't be a fly type.

Well she is a ghost...so who knows...

FINNALY! 

After missing classic sonic and after missing rouge I finally got a decent character! 

I'm soooooooo glad it wasn't Blaze, was scared my only character egg would be her and would never get shadow :s

Screenshot_2015-08-17-11-25-39.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, echidnas can't fly. So Tikal won't be a fly type.

They can glide though! What does Knuckles do? I picture her gliding like a Waddlewig from NSMBU