Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

LANDS ON CHARACTER EGG :D .... its Rouge again -____- *sigh*.  Also i didnt notice until you guys pointed out, Blaze is a power type.  I really need to stop reading the Runners notifications right after I wake up in the morning (coulda sworn she was a speed type).  Interesting route to go with her, but anyone is better then ya boi Knux.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got a new notification that Blaze's power status isn't correct.  Sega states they are working on it.

They also reminded us that we should read all of their notifications.  HA

I read that Blaze's effect was labelled incorrectly and she actually has the same effect as Amitie Amy which is 150% animal bonus. Also if this is true then she is actually a "Lady" type according to the japanese version and we are going to be fed this "Rose" crap cuz north americans/europeans.

I also got Nights.  The music that plays is the music from the Nights pinball table from SA1 (guessing its the game's main theme?)  And the x5 combo effect it does after loops affects the  +5, +20 +30 +50 thing you get while holding a good combo.  Looks pretty good for getting a boost to your score.  Only issue is the higher routes generally have more points so if your up there, you wont be seeing many loops.

So I after my first run with Nights, I'm not sure If it'll be used much outside of using a character in a level that isn't their type (speed in a power level, etc.)

I read that Blaze's effect was labelled incorrectly and she actually has the same effect as Amitie Amy which is 150% animal bonus. Also if this is true then she is actually a "Lady" type according to the japanese version and we are going to be fed this "Rose" crap cuz north americans/europeans.

And also, Sonic Runners is an International game.

Now that omega is gone. Tried to get rouge.

600+ red rings spent.

got nothing buy junk. Nightopians, gold pig (already maxed out). Cartridges and skull chao. 

Not one gold egg land or a character egg land. I really wish Sonic Team would either sort out the wheel. Optimise their broken shit before adding more events.

And also, Sonic Runners is an International game.

Yes, but that is irrelevant to my statement because I have no idea what the lady type is known as in other variants.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now that omega is gone. Tried to get rouge.

600+ red rings spent.

got nothing buy junk. Nightopians, gold pig (already maxed out). Cartridges and skull chao. 

Not one gold egg land or a character egg land. I really wish Sonic Team would either sort out the wheel. Optimise their broken shit before adding more events.

I guess most people want random eggs without using any roulette.

I spent 500 red star rings and got Rouge thankfully. Kinda got pissed off when I found out Rouge's drop rate wasn't 6% this morning because of Blaze, but lady luck was on my side. Should I roll for Blaze?

I guess most people want random eggs without using any roulette.

Pardon? 

I personally wouldn't bother with Blaze for the reasons that Ryan mentioned. Power types are pretty pointless after Episode 35, and are the least versatile type in the game. I would use Rouge and another fly type or speed type, that's what I've done and it's working out really well for me. 

Edited by Wil348: Definitive Edition
  • Thumbs Up 1

I personally wouldn't bother with Blaze for the reasons that Ryan mentioned. Power types are pretty pointless after Episode 35, and are the least versatile type in the game. I would use Rouge and another fly type or speed type, that's what I've done and it's working out really well for me. 

Yeah I know. I don't touch power types or their levels. I just use Amy+Rouge now. But, I'm a completionist so I was wondering if anyone else was going for Blaze just for the sake of it.

Finally, I play this game and... I realized that this game is almost trash. Awful story, frame drop, too long loading time, extreme pay-to-win, bad localizing (in my country), No unique features, and even fast battery loss speed. However, this game doesn't have any unique advantage compared to other running-action game. I do suggest if you like running action mobile game, play Cookie Run, and Temple run. And this game doesn't have value to play unless you are a big Sonic fan

Anyone know when 1Mobile Market gets the latest updates? The Runners page on it is still showing 1.1.1.

And mirroring everyone else - Blaze is a power type? Well, that's interesting. What next? Espio as a fly type?

What next? Espio as a fly type?

Espio is a speed type...he was in the roulette months ago...

Pardon? 

I mean most people want to get something only by lucky chances, not pie charts.

Espio is a speed type...he was in the roulette months ago...

The sarcasm obviously passed you by. Or maybe I should have made it more clear.

Point being, SEGA with this game seem to be making many choices with things that spoil the game further, as well as the immersion into it. Core mechanics are all there, but when you get a character not defined by their most obvious trait, or the fact that recovery after mistiming a ramp jump [most of the time not even the players fault] is virtually non-existent, you get the feeling something is not at all the best it can be.

Eh, maybe it's just me.

I mean most people want to get something only by lucky chances, not pie charts.

.... I still don't get it. 

The roulette wheel operates on a gambling principle. 3% drop chance. 

If you get it then you get lucky since you hit the 3% drop rate.

They're both the same thing.

I think what he means is instead of playing Wheel of Fortune, have it a 'prize every time - choose a box' type of gamble. So each egg gives everything but depending on colour gives a higher chance of getting that particular item. Of course, you don't want it to be a massively high percentage for that particular item, just enough that it is above everything else. That also gives the chance to put the regular items back in with everything else.

I'm really hoping one of you can help me. My phone is damaged, and I'm going to have to get a new device today. Is the device transfer tool really simple? Any chance I could lose all of my data? Thanks in advance.

I'm really hoping one of you can help me. My phone is damaged, and I'm going to have to get a new device today. Is the device transfer tool really simple? Any chance I could lose all of my data? Thanks in advance.

It's very simple to transfer... But you need to set a password on your old account (on your old device) before you can make the transfer. 

I wish Sonic Team would tie the data to email address. That way, if someone forget to set a password, they can just get a new one emailed to them.

To transfer Sonic Runners data, you need to go into the options (gear icon on main screen) and select "View your ID".  It'll make you generate a password and show you your runners ID and transfer ID.  

Write all this info down and thats it for your old phone.  When you start up Runners on your new device, on the title screen (upper left hand corner) is a button with a truck on it.  Press it, the game will then ask you for the info you wrote down.  After you put it in, BOOM everything is like it was.

However, you have to spend Red Star Rings before you transfer, because they are the only thing that does not get transferred.

It's very simple to transfer... But you need to set a password on your old account (on your old device) before you can make the transfer. 

I wish Sonic Team would tie the data to email address. That way, if someone forget to set a password, they can just get a new one emailed to them.

So just sign into Runners, create my password, and save all the transfer stuff...then I'm safe to wipe all my data off my phone? I know I need to spend red rings...do my regular rings get saved?

I cant remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure they do.  They have only warned us about the RSR, so your normal ones are probably safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're playing on Android, you can just transfer the com.sega.sonicrunners from the data/obb folder in the Android folder as well as the __FOX_XUNIQ__ file. It basically retains everything since these files have your login to the servers. I did this during the soft launch period and I retained my RSR as well.

If you're playing on Android, you can just transfer the com.sega.sonicrunners from the data/obb folder in the Android folder as well as the __FOX_XUNIQ__ file. It basically retains everything since these files have your login to the servers. I did this during the soft launch period and I retained my RSR as well.

That sounds awesome. I'm an iOS user though, but thanks for the tip!