Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

The issue isn't even that there are really that many negative previews, it's that people aren't paying attention to the positive ones.

*sigh*

There have been many more negative or mixed previews than positive ones. And previews aside, people just don't like what they see.

• Thumbs Up 5

The issue isn't even that there are really that many negative previews, it's that people aren't paying attention to the positive ones.

Well, if there really are that much more mixed and negative previews than positive ones, and previews usually try to be positive about a game (Sonic and otherwise) in development, I think it's fair to say that that's a legitimate cause for concern. If people aren't liking what they're seeing, then that's that.

To be honest, I think the game doesn't look quite as alright as I initially thought it to be. I mean, normally, I wouldn't mind a focus on slower-paced combat and exploration, but everything looks so unengaging to watch. I'm more than aware that it's deliberately trying for something different from the usual Sonic game, but even then, everything seems so unappealing in a general sense that I can't really enjoy it all that much. I'm not saying that you have to feel this way in regards to the game as well, but from what I'm seeing so far, I'm not exactly a fan.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think a lot of people are resentful that it's not made for them. When Sonic Boom was announced with its first trailer, we saw all these awesome things like multiple playable characters and more open worlds. Then, over time we see just how different from the usual Sonic experience it is, and people realize the game really isn't made for them, but a whole new (younger) audience. Some people also haven't been satisfied with the last few Sonic games in the series, so to see such an initially promising looking (or at least somewhat interesting looking) game turn out to literally be not made for them at all.... Well, I can understand why a lot of people are unhappy about this and keep bringing it up.

Or, and hear me out, the game just might not look good to people. :\

I pretty  sure a lot of people don't care about this game " Not being made for them"  as you think it does, and once again, they just simply don't like what they see.  What's so difficult to understand about this, must there be some greater justification beyond "It doesn't look like a good game, therefore I don't like" 

And now, 

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv180823782

So remember that, people wanted the full video? Well, the site does store all episodes free to watch.

The problem is that I  can't find it. Anyone wanna give it a go?

Never mind. You have to be a premium member in order to do that.

You can't blame them, especially when Sega have all but stated that this game isn't for Long Term Fans.

Welp, guess those 10 or so years of being a sonic fan mean im not qualified to like this game, sorry guys who like the game im joining the other camp. 

Jokes aside, even if it isn't catered to long time fans thats still one pretty big generalisation to say that only short time ones would like it, I mean, I get that the game doesn't look so great for some right now but thats no reason to start saying that people who do like it just like it because they haven't been a fan for very long.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, guess those 10 or so years of being a sonic fan mean im not qualified to like this game, sorry guys who like the game im joining the other camp.

Jokes aside, even if it isn't catered to long time fans thats still one pretty big generalisation to say that only short time ones would like it, I mean, I get that the game doesn't look so great for some right now but thats no reason to start saying that people who do like it just like it because they haven't been a fan for very long.

Oh for the love of God...

A Sonic game that's not designed to cater towards the wants of Sonic fans. Surely you can see why people aren't happy about that, right? Nobody has said that you can only like the game if you're not an existing fan. And the reason why nobody has said that is because that would be incredibly stupid. I said all this in response to a post just like yours at the top of this page.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh for the love of God...

A Sonic game that's not designed to cater towards the wants of Sonic fans. Surely you can see why people aren't happy about that, right? Nobody has said that you can only like the game if you're an existing fan. And the reason why nobody has said that is because that would be incredibly stupid. I said all this in response to a post just like yours at the top of this page.

Oh Im okay with people not liking it, this was mostly in response to the generalization thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Such dumb conversation, can we talk about the game? Like really- I try to change the subject- someone says it's bad and not for fans, then people argue how it does indeed have what fans want just not ALL of what fans want then a big fuss starts and we never talk about the game. At this rate we might as well stop talking until more info comes out. I've tried bringing up other things a multitude of times just for someone to say how this is only for non-long time fans or doesn't look good or how it looks bland. I'm not saying that people should stop expressing their concerns but can we get to a better, different topic now?

I've made so many attempts at the end of these kinds of posts to change the subjects that I can't think of anything to put after this one >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

Or, and hear me out, the game just might not look good to people. :\

I pretty  sure a lot of people don't care about this game " Not being made for them"  as you think it does, and once again, they just simply don't like what they see.  What's so difficult to understand about this, must there be some greater justification beyond "It doesn't look like a good game, therefore I don't like" 

I am well aware that a lot of people just don't like the game because it doesn't look any good to them. I never said anywhere that the only reason people could dislike the game is just because it isn't a normal Sonic game. Light was asking why people were bringing up the fact the game isn't made for them, and I was just telling him why I think that might be.

I do think there are people that are unhappy about the fact this game was made to be completely different from the usual Sonic experience, otherwise they wouldn't keep bringing it up (Light made it sound like they were, at least). That doesn't mean it's the only reason they dislike it, though. I'm sure lots of people remained hopeful for this game after getting over the disappointment, only to lose hope and start calling the game bad after seeing more of it. I get that people just think it looks bad. But if someone keeps mentioning that RoL's not made for long time fans, I can only assume they're not happy about how different it is, even if they might've still been able to enjoy it for what it is, if only it wasn't so "bad."

I really hope I made myself clear here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got thrown under the bus ; - ; joking but anyways-

I meant why do people keep generalizing the people who like this game into groups like- "Only like this if they're not a long time fan" and things of the sorts and I was asking why it keeps getting brought up as such.

Also one thing that really bugs me is that I understand people have complaints but when people say things like: "This are reasons I don't like it and no sonic fan could like this stuff." in which, that includes ME. I'm not only a Sonic fan but a long-time one, so seeing "these are reasons no sonic fan would like what this game is doing" makes me mad because you're basically saying that I, myself, should succumb to how you feel. It may just be a hyperbole or to emphasize their point but it's real, really, really, infuriating because that includes me and others and forces opinions onto us OR deems us as non-fans. So yeah. I'm not saying the Pro-boom people haven't committed this or even myself but I've been seeing it a lot recently and it's ticks the tick out of me... Geeze.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also one thing that really bugs me is that I understand people have complaints but when people say things like: "This are reasons I don't like it and no sonic fan could like this stuff." in which, that includes ME. I'm not only a Sonic fan but a long-time one, so seeing "these are reasons no sonic fan would like what this game is doing" makes me mad because you're basically saying that I, myself, should succumb to how you feel. It may just be a hyperbole or to emphasize their point but it's real, really, really, infuriating because that includes me and others and forces opinions onto us OR deems us as non-fans. So yeah. I'm not saying the Pro-boom people haven't committed this or even myself but I've been seeing it a lot recently and it's ticks the tick out of me... Geeze.

Who here is actually acting this unnecessarily dismissive towards those who like things they don't, though?

• Thumbs Up 1

I got thrown under the bus ; - ; joking but anyways-

I meant why do people keep generalizing the people who like this game into groups like- "Only like this if they're not a long time fan" and things of the sorts and I was asking why it keeps getting brought up as such.

I haven't seen this happen in this topic at all. I think you're misunderstanding what people are saying. 

Such dumb conversation, can we talk about the game? 

Now this is just downright rude. If people want to keep the discussion going, even if it's a topic that's been up before, you've no place to tell them it's stupid and they should stop. Mostly because it does relate to the game; maybe not in a technical or smaller way as with discussing combat or whatever, but it relates all the same. And in any case, you've got a better shot at changing the subject yourself than throwing everyone else under the bus. C'mon now :\

Saying that the game is targeted to a specific age group or demographic is not equivalent to saying that only people within those groups are allowed to like the game, or that anyone who likes the game regardless is wrong somehow. It is literally only saying this: "Sonic Boom is being developed with the thought of catering to children and those who aren't expecting it to play like a normal Sonic game."

I thought I just got through with this. Can we stop taking the blunt claims of people as outright personal offenses and attacks to one's fandom and opinions? I'm saying this as someone who considers themselves a fan of the game.

• Thumbs Up 8

So on the subject of how the game runs....this is actually something that's sort of up in the air at the moment. Some media outlets say it runs like crap with the framerate dropping constantly while others, including our very own Oglivie, have said that it runs fine. Either way it's pretty evident that the demo was very unstable.

I don't see it as down-right rude if this whole topic has been itching the iceberg of rude. I'll admit it was a little on the mean side, but down-right rude I don't see it. Maybe I should have used the word repetitive instead. Sorry for upsetting you......

And yes it indeed HAS happened in the topic- I'm not reading things wrong because I have indeed seen- "this doesn't cater to sonic fans" which was rather recent-  and what I'm saying is that, that is offensive to me because I am a Sonic fan but it does indeed cater to me. So...? I would go scoping the topic for sources but this I.V. is saying other wise. 

@Komodin - it's not that they are blatantly doing this but when I see written down "Doesn't cater to Sonic fans" that includes me and I feel like it does indeed cater to some of my needs so when you're saying this it makes me kinda mad.

@Nepenthe - I'm not saying it's like an outright offense to me or anything BUT the multitude of posts that include, not for a Sonic fan or only for newcomers or long time fans can't or didn't worry about the long time fans- of Sonic, make me mad. Because not only is it a generalization but many people keep coming back with this claim which ends up in a lot of posts using this to describe their pain which by saying "sonic fan" they are saying it's my pan too- which it's not. Also it's not like it was said once or twice but many times throughout the topic making it seem as if we're A: Not Sonic Fans B: We're not long time Sonic Fans or C: That our opinions are being dismissed. 

It FEELS this way so no.. I'm not saying that people are letting shots fire but including these statements makes it seem that they think as a Sonic fan- you're supposed to feel that way. 

Again and before someone says- "You need to grow thicker skin" I'm not taking these as people firing bullets at my opinions but rather this big misconception that a Sonic fan thinks that this game doesn't have any qualities we as Sonic fans can like. Hopefully that made sense because this I.v. is tellin' me to take a brake : P

Just for clarification, I believe this is the quote Light is specifically talking about.

However the simple fact remains that as someone who has been a fan of the series for a long time (and assuming you're over the of 12 since you don't have your age on your profile) then the game is not designed for you. It's content is not supposed to cater to what people expect in a Sonic game, but rather to a very different, much younger and less discerning crowd.

Emphasis on less discerning.

I don't think Blue Blood was really meaning to emphasize that point to this degree, though.

Edit: Also guys frostman's here please don't drive him away

I feel like it may be too late for that, friend.

That's a bit condescending towards him, don't you think? He's a grown-ass man, I'm pretty sure he can handle it...especially since "it" is a discussion that isn't even that bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's probably just checking for feedback. He might not have time to post and explain things.

That's a bit condescending towards him, don't you think? He's a grown-ass man, I'm pretty sure he can handle it...especially since "it" is a discussion that isn't even that bad.

Then why is he gone now? tongue.png

Drama drives people away, tough or not, especially when it has hardly anything to do with the topic and more to do with the users.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering he said straight up that not everyone is going to like this game, why do we need to tip-toe our honest thoughts around whenever he's online again?

I hope some info gets leaked or something- they seem pretty good at not letting butter get onto the vault ; -;  dangit info

Considering he said straight up that not everyone is going to like this game, why do we need to tip-toe our honest thoughts around whenever he's online again?

You don't, because that wasn't the point. Drama was.