Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

OMG, just purchased one. Thank you Autosaver! I've finally joined Team Wii U! <3 Gosh so cheap, something I can't miss.

Yay, super glad you got a Wii U now! ^^ Don't forget to add my NNID!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this is interesting

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=229204

Zelda Williams teases 'something extra special' she's doing at E3
Click Here to View Story

Who's going to E3? I'll be doing something extra special there. More details soon!— Zelda Williams (@zeldawilliams) May 28, 2014

I'm going to guarantee you, it's not what you think... RT @SteveMightSay GEEZ I WONDER WHAT IT IS— Zelda Williams (@zeldawilliams) May 28, 2014

Most would think something LOZ related, but I am thinking she might be in/or part of the smash invitational, as she is actualy a major Smash fan

it could be non-Nintendo related, but I have a feeling she is definitely going to be at the smash invitational

Just noticed Facebook has had a flashy update on the Wii U. It's much better than before.

Sonic Lost World is $20 off with the purchase of Mario Kart 8.

If you have Gamers Club Unlocked, you get 20% off each game (Final Prices, $48 MK8, $23 SLW). Not only that, but you get a free downloadable game with the registration of Mario Kart 8. You also get $5 back from the Nintendo Digital Promotion.

$66 for 3 games.

I'm hoping for 3/4 being Wii U titles. The 3DS has a fine roster and decent third party support, but the Wii U, well, doesn't. It needs a plethora of new games in a way the 3DS hasn't for over a year, and Nintendo needs to step up to fill what will become increasingly glaring gaps in the Wii U's genre coverage. I hope that this is that stepping up.

You've just reminded me that we already know one of the events is a roundtable for a 3DS game. Yeah, I too would like to see the other 3 be Wii U games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has no one noticed that the quick start update hit the Wii U finally? Taking forever to download though.

While I posted this on the status update, for the sake of formality, Natsume is gonna reveal three new Nintendo games.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/2/5773684/natsume-nintendo-e3-2014

Natsume, the Japanese developer and publisher behind games like the Harvest Moon and Reel Fishing franchises, will announce three new titles bound for Nintendo platforms around E3 2014 next week.

Natsume's community manager CeeCee revealed the company's plans in a recent blog post.

"We’re saving a few secrets for closer to the show, but expect not one, not two, but THREE new Nintendo titles we’ll be announcing leading up to and at the show," CeeCee wrote. "This doesn’t include any classic eShop titles (and we’ll have some news on those as well). Will they be 3DS, Wii U, or a mix of the two, you ask? You’ll have to tune in from now until June 10th to find out!"

Well, it can't be the new Harvest Moon, that's being localized by Xseed as Story of Seasons.

Yeah, they mentioned that in the article. That was announced last month, so I doubt that's one the new games that's gonna be revealed.

I also hope at least two of those are Wii U games, because Wii U needs some really good games right now! I know there's still a bunch coming out later this year but it still needs more. Mooooore!

• Thumbs Up 1

Every time I see something from Natsume, I always wish its Lufia related, however unlikely that is. Would be nice is Square Enix decided to try and continue the series, but considering how lackluster in sales the Lufia II remake was, I doubt it. Still, it would be a nice sendoff to Neverland Company, the developers of the series.

Now if Squeenix does decide to go back to Lufia, they should just go back to the style of the original Lufia II. Turning it into an action-based RPG really caused the game to lose a lot of the enjoyment of it. Curse of the Sinistrals was cool for all the nods back to Lufia II, but there was so much changed it didn't feel the same at all.

Anyway, regardless, I am interested to see what other things Natsume may have going on. Are these Natsume published games, or Natsume developed games? Or both? And yes, hopefully some of the games are Wii U.

I'm happy about the quick start mode, it looks like it cuts a lot of time out booting a game up. Also, when MK8 was booted up in that video, didn't anyone think that the loading time was faster? It seemed a bit faster to me...

For the Natsume games, apart from Harvest Moon that is published by various companies as well (e.g. Rising Star, Zen United, Marvelous, the latter who also develop the games), I honestly can't think of any recent titles that can fit. Most likely a Reel Fishing/River King game is coming on the Wii U since there doesn't seem to be a fishing game yet on the system. I'll be honestly surprised if the new games aren't a Harvest Moon game or Reel Fishing but there is a chance that they might publish Forbidden Magna in the US unless Xseed is doing it.

Would be interesting if Natsume brought back some of their older IPs and make games out of them such as Shadow of the Ninja, Wild Guns, Power Blade, Pocky & Rocky and The Ninja Warriors Again however many were Taito published who are now part of Square-Enix. I'm not sure if Pocky and Rocky were published by them however the main character comes from Kiki Kaikai that was from Taito. Failing that, probably might see something on the Virtual Console as well.

Also from the looks of things, the quick start menu really does seem to be quicker compared to the previous menu and maybe a bit quicker booting up the game too (considering usually when booting up a game, a small intro loads up before the opening titles unless Mario Kart 8 doesn't have that).

For the Natsume games, apart from Harvest Moon that is published by various companies as well (e.g. Rising Star, Zen United, Marvelous, the latter who also develop the games), I honestly can't think of any recent titles that can fit. Most likely a Reel Fishing/River King game is coming on the Wii U since there doesn't seem to be a fishing game yet on the system. I'll be honestly surprised if the new games aren't a Harvest Moon game or Reel Fishing but there is a chance that they might publish Forbidden Magna in the US unless Xseed is doing it.

Would be interesting if Natsume brought back some of their older IPs and make games out of them such as Shadow of the Ninja, Wild Guns, Power Blade, Pocky & Rocky and The Ninja Warriors Again however many were Taito published who are now part of Square-Enix. I'm not sure if Pocky and Rocky were published by them however the main character comes from Kiki Kaikai that was from Taito. Failing that, probably might see something on the Virtual Console as well.

Also from the looks of things, the quick start menu really does seem to be quicker compared to the previous menu and maybe a bit quicker booting up the game too (considering usually when booting up a game, a small intro loads up before the opening titles unless Mario Kart 8 doesn't have that).

Basically, Natsume took over for publishing games in the west for Taito, but Taito continued publishing games in Japan. That's because Taito closed their western offices and Natsume continued publishing all Taito games in the west after that.

Basically, Natsume took over for publishing games in the west for Taito, but Taito continued publishing games in Japan. That's because Taito closed their western offices and Natsume continued publishing all Taito games in the west after that.

So Bust-A-Move U perhaps?! I could dig that, I love that series 

So it looks like the Wii U may still have a fighting chance. Most PS4 exclusives have either been delayed or are not due out until next year (very sad news too, I wanted to buy one this year). As sad as this is, there might be a bright side to all of this, but not for Sony, rather Nintendo. Nintendo pulled some amazing moves with Mario Kart 8, being the second biggest Mario Kart launch and biggest Wii U game launch in the UK to date. It sold 1.2 million worldwide in just a weekend, which is really good.

Now all they have to do is repeat whatever strategy they used for MK8, but with every other big Wii U title this year. Let people know that the Wii U has the exclusives they will want to play, and that they are there on the system already. Pull the carpet from under Sony while they are busy cleaning it.

As much as I like Playstation, it would be interesting to see Nintendo do something like this. And they are going to have to if they want to save the Wii U. This is really their only chance, it's a make or break situation. I know that they can do it, but the question is, will they use this situation to their advantage?

• Thumbs Up 5

So it looks like the Wii U may still have a fighting chance. Most PS4 exclusives have either been delayed or are not due out until next year (very sad news too, I wanted to buy one this year). As sad as this is, there might be a bright side to all of this, but not for Sony, rather Nintendo. Nintendo pulled some amazing moves with Mario Kart 8, being the second biggest Mario Kart launch and biggest Wii U game launch in the UK to date. It sold 1.2 million worldwide in just a weekend, which is really good.

Now all they have to do is repeat whatever strategy they used for MK8, but with every other big Wii U title this year. Let people know that the Wii U has the exclusives they will want to play, and that they are there on the system already. Pull the carpet from under Sony while they are busy cleaning it.

As much as I like Playstation, it would be interesting to see Nintendo do something like this. And they are going to have to if they want to save the Wii U. This is really their only chance, it's a make or break situation. I know that they can do it, but the question is, will they use this situation to their advantage?

This, exactly. They have to be constantly releasing games, at least one a month on Wii U, in order to maintain this momentum.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Wii U version 5.0.0.0 is actually pretty dang nice, from what I can tell so far. I'm gonna have to dig around and see what else it can do, but it's pretty neat. Home screen definitely comes up faster and the Quick Start Menu is so much better than normal. I hate that it has an ad at the top of it though, what the butts?

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope they add Wii U chat to the home menu at some point. It would be great to chat without turning the game off.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=229707

Watch Dogs Wii U not cancelled.

HOWEVER, I feel like they're repeating the same stupid mistake they did with Rayman. Delay the Wii U version, release it when other big releases are out, and cry about the lack of sales.

It doesn't make sense for me to pay $60 for a game that is probably $30 now on other platforms while games like Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, and Sonic Boom are released in the same time period.