Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

I'm certain it absolutely does not mean that.

While SEGA may have reached out to other publishers during those times, they still own the games and can do with them as they please. I don't know why everyone in this topic is suddenly up in arms thinking SEGA can't rerelease some of their games in certain territories.

SEGA can remaster Sonic Advance and release it that way without approaching Namco-Bandai. That's the only way for SEGA to avoid Namco. SEGA gave the original Sonic Advance publishing rights to THQ/Infogrames. It's like the original Mass Effect with EA and the publisher was Microsoft. Or Ninja Gaiden 2.

Wind Waker HD also happens to be a remake where all of the Gamepad features are non-essential extras.

If Zelda U is designed to make the Gamepad an essential part of the experience, then they will most likely have the Gamepad as the only control option.

You have to be a real sicko to want to play Wind Waker on the Pro Controller over the Game Pad. These people disgust me. They're literally scum.

Really, though, Wind Waker is way better with the Game Pad. Gyro aiming is unnecessary, though.

I could never get into Wind Waker. Forsaken Fortress was really boring and scared me into thinking that the rest of the game would be too. Should I continue playing or will there just be more levels like FF?

I could never get into Wind Waker. Forsaken Fortress was really boring and scared me into thinking that the rest of the game would be too. Should I continue playing or will there just be more levels like FF?

Everything after that is normal Zelda swordplay.

pretty much what Visionary said. the FF is the only stealthy bit. you WILL have to return at some point but at that point the searchlights only cause bombs to be thrown at you. Aside from that is it normal swordplay and puzzle solving. Occasionally you will have to "take control" of other characters for a short time (and I mean like 30 seconds, a minute tops) but thats it

I think I'll give the game another go then. Sometimes it just takes me a while to get into a certain game so it's not the first time.

• Thumbs Up 1

You have to be a real sicko to want to play Wind Waker on the Pro Controller over the Game Pad. These people disgust me. They're literally scum.

Really, though, Wind Waker is way better with the Game Pad. Gyro aiming is unnecessary, though.

Oh yeah, gyro aiming. That's actually pretty useful.

I suppose I'll try it and see what I think of it. I really don't find the GamePad comfortable, but with multitude of menus and maps coupled with the gyro, I guess it's worth it.

Oh yeah, gyro aiming. That's actually pretty useful.

I suppose I'll try it and see what I think of it. I really don't find the GamePad comfortable, but with multitude of menus and maps coupled with the gyro, I guess it's worth it.

From the sound of it, you just haven't used it enough, like all of us have said, enough use makes it comfy, like the N64 remote 

Honestly, even though I find the Gamepad comfy, I can't stand the N64 controller. Give me a PS1 controller over that shit. (I only said PS1 as it was the competitor)

I've just played a bit more of Wind Waker, and I'm finding it more enjoyable now. Guess Forsaken Fortress must have been the bad egg of the game. Off TV play on the gamepad is always a god send by the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the sound of it, you just haven't used it enough, like all of us have said, enough use makes it comfy, like the N64 remote

I played all the way through Lost World with it, and dabbled a bit in Wonderful 101. It's not awful, but I prefer a traditional controller. I don't like how wide it is, and I don't like having both analog sticks so high up.

I played all the way through Lost World with it, and dabbled a bit in Wonderful 101. It's not awful, but I prefer a traditional controller. I don't like how wide it is, and I don't like having both analog sticks so high up.

You'll get used to it sooner later trust me I felt the same way

• Thumbs Up 3

To be fair, controller comfiness can be a very personal thing.  People found Kid Icarus: Uprising's controls so uncomfortable that Nintendo had to ship it with a special stand to put your 3DS on, but I found it far more comfortable without.  I think you can probably get used to a lot, though.

I think the gamepad is really comfy, but it's a behemoth. You'd think that they would also cram in a larger battery.

I think the gamepad is really comfy, but it's a behemoth. You'd think that they would also cram in a larger battery.

Yeah, that's my only real gripe with the GamePad - the battery life. Usually it doesn't cause an issue because I don't play for more than 2-3 hours at a time anyway, but on longer play sessions or when I've just forgotten to charge it up in between, it can be a bit annoying having to either stop and put it on charge or have to sit near a plug so the cable can be attached.

I'll probably be switching between the GamePad and Pro Controller for Mario Kart 8 - I've waited this long for the game, I don't think I'll be able to tear myself away from it whenever the GamePad's little red light decides to start blinking :lol:

I'll be sat right in front of a socket anyway, so it doesn't affect me too much.

In fact, it's a multiple socket extender, so I really don't have much to worry about.

But yeah. The Gamepad's battery could do with some looking at.

Well you Britishers are in luck

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228254-nintendo-to-host-pop-up-store-at-mcm-london-comic-con

NINTENDO TO HOST POP-UP STORE AT MCM LONDON COMIC CON

May 14, 2014 by Eggmond

Official Nintendo Store Host First Ever Pop-Up at MCM London Comic Con Giving Fans The Chance To Get Their Hands on a Free Special L Cup from Mario Kart 7!

14th May 2014 –The Official Nintendo Online Store will host a pop-up shop at MCM London Comic Con this year. Nintendo fans will be able get their hands on official goodies and merchandise, as well as lots of other exciting cool stuff, at MCM London Comic Con from Friday 23rd May until Sunday 25th May, at EXCEL London, Royal Victoria Docks.

Items available to buy across the weekend at MCM London Comic Con are exclusive to the Official Nintendo Online Store and include Nintendo t-shirts, such as a Mario men’s and women’s t-shirts, Bullet Bill and Flower Power t-shirts, posters, bags, games, console bundles, game guides, console accessories such as the Mario and Luigi wheel for the Wii U and you can pre-order Mario Kart 8 for Wii U. Guests can take advantage of exclusive items including the 27” Ganondorf figure from The Legend of Zelda series, 14” Zero Suit Samus figure from the Metroid series, 22” Tanooki Mario figure from the Super Mario franchise and 8-bit pixel Mario and Luigi cases.

As well as being able to get hold of exclusive items from the Official Nintendo Online store, guests will also be able to play Mario Kart 8, a week before the official launch date in the UK.

To get Nintendo fans in the mood for the launch of Mario Kart 8, guests can take part in exclusive mini tournaments – being held only at MCM London Comic Con - across the weekend, with the chance to be crowned the best racer! Mario Kart enthusiasts will also be able to pre-order Mario Red or Luigi Green Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundles, to receive a free special L cup trophy, from Mario Kart 7, only available when they pre-order at MCM London Comic Con.

If you already own a Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS then make sure you bring your console along to MCM London Comic Con as you will not only be able to increase your StreetPass hits and help complete your achievements but also swap friend codes with other Nintendo fans.

The MCM London Comic Con event will take place from Friday 23rd May until Sunday 25th May at EXCEL London, Royal Victoria Docs. For more information visit http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/ and register to the Official Nintendo Store for more updates and special offers.

Well, I knew something relating to Mario Kart 8 was going to pop up in the UK, but just restricting it to MCM is a bit harsh. Especially one in London.

Looks like I'll just wait until release then.

Boo, Nintendo! Was really hoping for a proper tour/tournament around the UK, like they've done in the past. I'm not travelling to London just for that. Guess they're not going to bother putting as much money into marketing MK8 as I thought. 

Well, not in the UK, anyway.

Or maybe they believe that everyone can somehow get to London due to the UK being small in comparison to America.