Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

Well of next week we will now have Globally 14 N64 games on Wii-u VC 13 of which were on Wii-VC meaning we have 8 left for parity. Hopefully that means new ones on the horizon. Pretty sure we'll at least match the wii amount by the end, although hopefully we'll exceed it. Note, that's with 6 first party and 2 second party, and that's in comparison to NA/EU Wii VC. Japan had fewer games, but a single exclusive(Custom Robo V2, which would be sick if it got the S&P treatment this time around).

Note: EU wii-u VC is currently in the lead as of this thursday, with 12, lacking only Mario Party 2 and Yoshi's story which as of next weeks tuesday are currently only announced/released for Japan. NA has 9, and hopefully we catch up soon

Oh, and to clarify EU is getting Star fox this week, and JP is getting Mario Party 2 next week. Now hopefully NA gets something new this week too, like Cruis'N USA

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone can answer this or not but, does anybody know how i'd go about fixing the wii U's internet? For some reason its been pretty much non-existent for the last few months (even though prior to said months it was working just fine and I did nothing to actually mess with it) and I am at a loss as to why its not working. Literally everything else in my house but this works just fine and I know its not a distance issue with it being far from my router (which is across the living room in my parents room next door) since it was working just fine before with the occasional hiccup so no i''m wondering if its because of something on nintendos part or something just changed without me knowing about it.

Realized we should move any Wii-u discussion in relation to the NX March of 2017 announcement here, instead of the NX thread.

So basically, future of wii-u, focus of E3 is on Zelda, but that doesn't mean that's all we're getting, we know that Paper Mario Color Splash is coming. Personally, I think there's still a project or two left as well that haven't been shifted, or will be later ported. They need to hold over their existing fanbase over the winter. However, there are 2 other, lower cost possibilities we could also get. Biggest one being either an Increased VC rollout, or rather increased rollout of iconic games. There are a number of first and third party N64 games that'd make a pretty good splash if they can make a deal with their third party partners(Moreso if they decide to finally implement VC rollover, since the wii-u's programming VC emulator wise is pretty future proof). The other thing is the possibility of another Gamecube port, they've streamlined it, they have the program in place to fast track it, it's just the question of whether they have or not.

Still some stuff to think about.

3 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Realized we should move any Wii-u discussion in relation to the NX March of 2017 announcement here, instead of the NX thread.

So basically, future of wii-u, focus of E3 is on Zelda, but that doesn't mean that's all we're getting, we know that Paper Mario Color Splash is coming. Personally, I think there's still a project or two left as well that haven't been shifted, or will be later ported. They need to hold over their existing fanbase over the winter. However, there are 2 other, lower cost possibilities we could also get. Biggest one being either an Increased VC rollout, or rather increased rollout of iconic games. There are a number of first and third party N64 games that'd make a pretty good splash if they can make a deal with their third party partners(Moreso if they decide to finally implement VC rollover, since the wii-u's programming VC emulator wise is pretty future proof). The other thing is the possibility of another Gamecube port, they've streamlined it, they have the program in place to fast track it, it's just the question of whether they have or not.

Still some stuff to think about.

I do suspect a pretty big VC rollout. I also highly doubt the known Wii U titles is all we got, we're probably getting one or two more.

One thing I could EASILY see is a new Koei Warriors crossover. That'd be a nice, easy thing to handle, they can pick a good Nintendo IP to base it on. However, at this point, I DON'T want the next one to be Fire Emblem. I do want a Fire Emblem Warriors game, I just think its got enough exposure right now with Fates just coming out, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and now a Mobile FE releasing in Fall. I'd like something like Smash, DK, maybe Mario, or perhaps a more obscure IP that may resurface soon (god forbid GS).

'Course, we could just as easily get nothing new for a Nintendo Warriors cossover this year, I just think its a high possibility.

Another port is possible. Probably Mario Sunshine HD if anything. I don't see Skyward Sword happening, that will just be VC instead. I do think we'll get all three of the last Zelda titles as VC before the end of the year.

I also think we could have another Zelda spinoff, but I'm not sure what would work best. Maybe a Zelda fighting game style spinoff like what we just got with Pokken, or maybe Zelda Dungeon Maker, but I'm not sure if they'd do Dungeon Maker yet as it might be too soon for that. I just think we could get something else Zelda-related based on what Nintendo says (though, in general, I think its more likely that a new Zelda title, even a spinoff, would be 3DS instead).

Plus, a spinoff would allow them to start up a Legend of Zelda amiibo line....

Oh, and Diddy Kong Racing. Monster Games is working on a new title, likely a racing game. It'll probably still be on NX later if this is happening.

I don't expect anything major, just one or titles. I just listed off several possibilities of what we could potentially get. I still do think the biggest thing would be a lot of VC releases.

• Thumbs Up 1

Xenoblade Chronicles came out on the Wii U VC in the US yesterday.

Uh.

You probably already knew that via statuses or news sites but I figured I'd put it in the thread too. XP

43 minutes ago, Gambling Idol Luka said:

Xenoblade Chronicles came out on the Wii U VC in the US yesterday.

Uh.

You probably already knew that via statuses or news sites but I figured I'd put it in the thread too. XP

Yeah, nice to bring that up. Finally it came over lol.

Here's hoping NA gets other releases. Also, I am hoping we get Golden Sun: Dark Dawn worldwide. It is the GS anniversary and it'd be nice having every GS game on Wii U VC. It might have not done that great, but it'd still be nice to get it on Wii U VC so we've got the whole collection.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I do suspect a pretty big VC rollout. I also highly doubt the known Wii U titles is all we got, we're probably getting one or two more.

One thing I could EASILY see is a new Koei Warriors crossover. That'd be a nice, easy thing to handle, they can pick a good Nintendo IP to base it on. However, at this point, I DON'T want the next one to be Fire Emblem. I do want a Fire Emblem Warriors game, I just think its got enough exposure right now with Fates just coming out, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and now a Mobile FE releasing in Fall. I'd like something like Smash, DK, maybe Mario, or perhaps a more obscure IP that may resurface soon (god forbid GS).

'Course, we could just as easily get nothing new for a Nintendo Warriors cossover this year, I just think its a high possibility.

Another port is possible. Probably Mario Sunshine HD if anything. I don't see Skyward Sword happening, that will just be VC instead. I do think we'll get all three of the last Zelda titles as VC before the end of the year.

I also think we could have another Zelda spinoff, but I'm not sure what would work best. Maybe a Zelda fighting game style spinoff like what we just got with Pokken, or maybe Zelda Dungeon Maker, but I'm not sure if they'd do Dungeon Maker yet as it might be too soon for that. I just think we could get something else Zelda-related based on what Nintendo says (though, in general, I think its more likely that a new Zelda title, even a spinoff, would be 3DS instead).

Plus, a spinoff would allow them to start up a Legend of Zelda amiibo line....

Oh, and Diddy Kong Racing. Monster Games is working on a new title, likely a racing game. It'll probably still be on NX later if this is happening.

I don't expect anything major, just one or titles. I just listed off several possibilities of what we could potentially get. I still do think the biggest thing would be a lot of VC releases.

Legend of Zelda X Soulcalibur in an exclusive spinoff(even if just based of say SC V's engine, just improved), would be a ridiculously easy option to make

Now I can finally pay $20 for the superior version of Xenoblade instead of $40 for a marginally inferior handheld port.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd cover my bases by putting it here and in the wii-u thread. it's confirmed the Treehouse is covering more than just Zelda. I'm still suspicious of us getting a direct right before or after

Nintendo @ E3 starts at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 14.

Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT to see the Pokémon™ Sun and Pokémon Moon games in action, followed by the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda™ game. The day will continue with livestreamed gameplay and behind-the-scenes info from the game experts of Nintendo Treehouse—live and unscripted from the show floor.

Then be sure to come back for a second day of livestreaming, starting at 10 a.m. PT on June 15. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A session. Then Nintendo Treehouse: Live will showcase upcoming games such as Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

http://e3.nintendo.com/#section-treehouse

I know they're not (so far as we know) showing a prolific line up, but I'm still hyped as hell for their E3 presentation.  Getting a full look at the new Zelda was enough to make me a happy camper.  The Sun and Moon footage just feels like a delightful bonus.

6 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

I know they're not (so far as we know) showing a prolific line up, but I'm still hyped as hell for their E3 presentation.  Getting a full look at the new Zelda was enough to make me a happy camper.  The Sun and Moon footage just feels like a delightful bonus.

Personally, I want our first good look at Paper Mario Color Splash and how the story and mechanics are going to play out

• Thumbs Up 2

At the very least, it seems likely that the Sun/Moon stream should produce some new Pokemon, unless they're just covering the very beginning of the game.

I am, however, quite excited to find out what ZUNX is about, after all this time.  Even if I don't have a Wii U.