Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

The Fatal Frame IP still belongs to Tecmo-Koei as far as I know. Nintendo only holds the copyright to the ones they funded, which are the Fatal Frame 2 remake, Fatal Frame IV, Spirit Camera and presumably this new one. That said, I wouldn't expect the series anywhere else. They don't sell well.

(We're both right, sort of)

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/21/report-nintendo-has-co-ownership-in-fatal-frame-ip/

Rely on Horror reports Nintendo now has full ownership of spin-off Spirit Camera as well as co-ownership of Fatal Frame alongside Tecmo Koei.

The platform holder now has the publishing rights to any game in the franchise, which makes it unlikely we’ll see a new Fatal Frame game outside of Nintendo consoles – or that we’ll see independent effort to bring across the patchily localised series.

Fatal Frame kicked off in 2001 on the PS2 and Xbox and spawned four core entires; the latest, Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen, releases exclusively on Wii and has not been localised. The second game is being re-released under the title Project Zero 2: Wii Edition and will arrive on June 29 longside 3DS spin-off Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir.

They probably sell well enough for what they are; horror titles. Back on the PS2 they never seemed to have the biggest budget in the world, so they could afford to make new sequels. After all, since most horror games are about letting the player imagination go wild, there doesn't need to be a huge emphasis on flashy graphics that show off everything the sytem can do.

It's not powerful enough, apparently, to run a fully featured emulator like the Wii's Virtual Console. Bullshit excuse in my opinion, as I'm fairly sure most consumers would prefer a shallow emulator over absolutely nothing at all, but that's their excuse.

Couldn't agree more, though apparently Natsume claims that Nintendo are working on this knotty problem.  It'd be nice if the 3DS could get a DS eShop as well, given that the 3DS can play DS games already, but I honestly don't know if the 3DS will last that long, given Nintendo's leisurely VC release schedule (outside of Japan).

So, apperently there are some surprises on the club nintendo awards(USA at least)

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Orders for physical rewards are currently closed while we update our systems. But there's good news: We'll be accepting orders again starting May 13. We've also got great digital games that you can download instantly, so check 'em out.

Featured Game Offers

Use your Coins to get these great downloadable games for a limited-time only. Be sure to check back frequently to see new surprise games!

You must have a Wii U, Wii or Nintendo 3DS to redeem. Featured games are also available for standard purchase from the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo eShop.

Considering getting F-zero X even though I cant play it till it comes to the e-shop or I get a classic remote, its an F-zero game worth getting right?

I can resist mario golf though XD

Huh, that's cool. Kinda wish they added a few more games to the list. Most of the games they offer I either own already or I don't have much interest in them. I've so far only spent coins on Super Metroid and Super Mario World, so I'm still waiting for some more interesting offers on that front.

So, apperently there are some surprises on the club nintendo awards(USA at least)

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Considering getting F-zero X even though I cant play it till it comes to the e-shop or I get a classic remote, its an F-zero game worth getting right?

I can resist mario golf though XD

Aye, F-Zero X imo is lots of fun.  Not quite as good as GX but it's still super fast, smooth, tight and chaotic.  Honestly it's main shortcoming is probably with its rather generic visuals even by N64 standards.

Wait, there are N64 games on the Wii U VC? I actually didn't know that.

Actually, no -- they still haven't gotten to that yet, unfortunately. Currently, you can only get the N64 games through the Wii Shop Channel and you can only play them through the Wii Menu.

Wait, there are N64 games on the Wii U VC? I actually didn't know that.

Hahaha Nope. You can only get them on your Wii U unless you get them on Wii first and transfer them.

We all are, really. I'd certainly kill to get my hands on the ability to play Majora's Mask semiportably on the GamePad...

• Thumbs Up 3

I seriously feel bad for all the people who probably spent coins on those and got nothing from it, seriously they really need to take off the wii u listing on them if you can't even actually get them on the thing without a wii to transfer with.

Yeah, you don't need a Wii to transfer them. But the fact that they're only playable by going into Wii mode is a silly inconvenience. Nintendo really needs to sort that sort of thing out. It's those sorts of little things that really add up. Like for example how SNES games are only very slowly getting U version. What gives?

• Thumbs Up 1

I figure getting it to run simultaneously on two screens takes more trickery than what they did when just slapping them on the Wii. Though I'm chalking this up more to Nintendo being Nintendo, it's not like they were quick with the VC on Wii, or 3DS'.

The rate Nintendo works at, it sometimes seems like they're remaking every single game individually to play on the VC.

They are for the most part, the VC emulates games completely cycle accurate. They need to tweak things from game to game to ensure they run perfectly.

That's nice and all but I think most of us would rather have something to play in general, 100% cycle accurate or not.

Honestly, it's annoying, just a few days ago Sony made all digital PS1 and PSP games playable on the PSV whilst Nintendo drip feeds it's VC. You'd think it would better, with what position they're currently in.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned these yet, but two new Wii Remote Plus designs are due to be released on 30th May to coincide with Mario Kart 8...

10947506-1398329920-290384.jpg10947508-1398329920-290365.jpg

Pretty nifty! These will undoubtedly go nicely alongside the previously released Mario and Luigi Wii Remote Plus designs, for anyone who already owns those.

Bl-87ubIgAALkC8.png

Those are nice, my sister would probably love the Peach one, though she'd prefer Daisy, but you know, Nintendo, you have this console called Wii U and it also has it's own controllers!

You can access the Wii Shop from the Wii U's Wii Menu. I have no idea what you guys are on about.

Oh okay then, thanks for clearing that up, i've never really used the wii menu on this thing so I didn't know.

Here is a fun kooky little game idea I think would be cool to see

Wario Bros Land: A Strange Reality damaging Creature has appeared, and Captian Syrup has discovered that the only thing that can stop it is the power of Wario combined with his estranged Brother Waluigi. It is a Co-op adventure on the wii-u, and they both have different skills, with Waluigi using various tools and weapons made from various of mario elements including Bob-Ombs, and Piranha plants that he has specialy created and have a variety of uses

Those are nice, my sister would probably love the Peach one, though she'd prefer Daisy, but you know, Nintendo, you have this console called Wii U and it also has it's own controllers!

Which the Wii remotes happen to one of.