Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I don't remember where or how, but amazingly, I have seen that one.

WTF!!! *explosion followed by the evil laughter*

Someone else has heard of it!? 

Can you remember anything else about the episode? I can only remember him holding the game and saying 'Cosmic der warthog' being zapped into the game, meeting mario and pac-man, 

tumblr_n3sdlqJznj1qhwu7vo1_500.png

This was in an episode of Steven Universe. Its very strange to see the meme get some attention outside of the internet, let alone a show on Cartoon Network.

My other favourites are the Progressive commercial and the Macy's day Balloon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #24: What's your favourite Sonic-related cameo... APART from Super Smash Bros. and Wreck-It Ralph?

I like how this question automatically assumes these were my favorite cameos. *posh laugh, fixes monocle.*

I think my favorite ones are the ones I didn't expect at all at the time, meaning they weren't ruined by the Internet blaring with a bullhorn "Yo, Sonic is in this thing!" As a result, I have a weird couple. The first is the one in Robot Chicken, not only because I was there for the premiere but because I didn't expect the sudden, well, ending to it all. Also, that awful officer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXTeDWtF-48

The second one was never to be talked about much because it happened while I was looking up old facts and pictures about old anime. There was a picture of the cast and well what do you know?!!!

w-castgroup_zps1d83b1e4.jpg

Holy shit it's a Knuckles shirt! *places eye on the screen* I feel like I discovered something magical.

EDIT: Damn you Tripod!

Screen-shot-2011-08-02-at-1.07.23-PM.png

Sonic's cameo in The Simpsons Game has to be my favourite one. His miserable attitude and rougher design are pretty humourous. There's even a few funny lines he says throughout a level in that game.

"I used to be so... fast."

"I can't remember why I hated Eggman so much"

"UGH! I can't spin anymore, my back!"

Another funny bit is that he's trapped on a hamster-like wheel, which would be perfect for his speed, but he just begrudgingly walks along it instead.

Day 24; Favorite Sonic Cameo

I always like the cameo appearances from Billy Hatcher, and especially the Phantasy Star Online games.

My favorite in particular is the secret to getting the Tails Chao for SA2

This one always fascinated me by how strangely cryptic the method to getting it was, especially since I've always heard about there being Knuckles and Amy chao, which were both unobtainable legitimately.

There's also these wearable costumes from Spiral Knights.

Spiral_Knights_promotional.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #24: What's your favourite Sonic-related cameo... APART from Super Smash Bros. and Wreck-It Ralph?

My favorite Sonicameo, huh…

Well, everyone else has already talked about the ones that I absolutely love (Sonic in Progessive, Zodick, Sonic in Billy Hatcher, etc.), allow me to talk about another one of my favorites that I haven’t really seen people talk about here.

kCrlJi6.png

I know what you’re thinking right now. “Komodin, what the hi-diddly heck is this? Some parody fangame?” No, imaginarily incredulous individual, this isn’t from any fan game, but it’s no less of a tribute. Allow me to learn you all a lesson!

You see, back in 2004 - 2006, there was this show on Cartoon Network called Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, which was about the exaggeratedly funny and animated hijinks of a Japanese idol player duo, based somewhat loosely of an actual idol player duo. While the real life pair look like a typical pair -- if somewhat more attractive than most, at the time at least -- of Japanese women, in this show, they are “portrayed” as a pink-haired girly girl (Ami) and a blue-haired goth girl (Yumi) who may or may not be in a relationship with each otherANYWAY. With all this mind, let’s talk about the cameo episode itself.

In the second segment of Season 2, Episode 19, "Camping Caper”, Ami, concerned with Yumi’s borderline-shutin obsession with video games, decides to treat her girl to a little camping excursion. Ami’s into it, obviously; Yumi couldn’t care less and pretty much failed every time she tried to. Throughout this episode, the pair are being stalked by the highly territorial Bigfoot, obviously angered by the somewhat bumbling pair of humans infringing into his property.

At around the four-minute mark in the video linked above, Bigfoot finally confronts them, kidnapping Ami and sauntering off to his home to eat her (she’s obviously not down with that). Yumi, confused as to what to do, decides to go after the sasquatch by seeing the world as one big video game. During her short journey to save her girl, Yumi goes through some familiar video game areas: she goes through a crocodile-filled area lifted straight from Pitfall, as well as a rocky path that looks kinda like something from Ghouls and Goblins (maybe?) You wanna know what she went through in-between?

Yep: Yumi goes through the Green Hill Zone itself, at least as she pictures it, anyway. She bashes a badnik (Motobug?) and goes through a shuttle loop, even adopting Sonic’s “wheel o’ feet” run in the process.

Of course, Yumi finds Bigfoot, just as he's about to eat Ami, kicks his ass and saves her, gets out of Dodge and makes it back to their tour bus, safe and sound. Yumi’s now into the whole nature thing, while Ami pretty much hates it -- oh, how ironic fate must be.

But anyway, I thought this was a nice little cameo since it actually made some sort of sense, what with Yumi’s video game obsession and all. Although Sonic himself doesn’t show up there -- that would’ve been rather weird, though -- this short sequence and its little references is more than enough for this long-seasoned Sonic fan. So, yeah -- this is why that episode is one of my favorites from that series.

• Thumbs Up 6

Gonna do this one real quick since I missed the last couple days due to other things...

Favorite cameos...?

I think I'll echo the Progressive commercial, which was just really amusing and fun to see, especially in a time I wouldn't expect Sonic to still carry that kind of pop culture weight (mostly because of the impression I get from. The end of the commercial with the kinda-sorta Unleashed style look applied to the Progressive people was also cool to see. It shows a certain level of consistency SEGA is trying to create with the brand as a whole (even if that all goes out the window with Sonic Boom, but whatever).

And I remember the first time I saw the episode of the Simpsons in which he runs onto the screen and encourages Bart to shoplift ("TAKE IT! TAKE IT! TAKEITTAKEITTAKEIT!). I was surprised by it and amused that they used Sonic in that way. Not really much else to say though...

I think what I'll highlight as cool are the Sonic the Fighters figures you can collect in Shenmue for Dreamcast. When I got Shenmue a couple years ago, I remember spending a decent amount of time and Yen doing just that (actually, Shenmue is just full of time wasters...). They were a cool little extra, especially since they featured something from an obscure game rather than newer figures based on the Adventure style.

shenmue1.jpg

Fcsonic_01.jpg

The FC Sonic club was totally legit and an incredibly fun distraction. A great cameo.

although I have to throw a special honerable mention out to NBA 2k

Nba2k_hedgehogs.png

Plastering Sonic's logo all over the jerseys and floorboards? C'mon that is killer. The Seattle SuperSonic's wern't enough. I had to be a legit team of blue hedgehogs. Push the break baby!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 24: Your favorite Sonic cameos that aren't Smash Bros. or WiR

Probably the Progressive commercial, like everyone else chose. Fully animated and even containing a shout out to Unleashed's art style, it's a pretty neat ad.

Others would probably include those hedgehog enemies in Yoshi and Kirby that are either really fast or really spiky, Wonder Blue's "It's like a spikey blue hedgehog!" quote from the Wonderful 101, and Teen Titans Go's small reference to Sonic's hairdo when Robin loses his hair gel.

Day 24: Complete

~SSMB Has Cleared Cameo Cunabula Act 24!~

Away... before I make banhammers out of you...

Question #25: In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

Junglebook584.jpg

"One of you will have to get off. You won't be able to use the Thunder Shoot at this rate."

You might know not this, but this is the Sonic Stadium. I know, more like Shyamalan Stadium, right? Anyways, this forum is one of many forums dedicated to the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and like any forum, some folk will inevitably make friends with each other, which is just swell and dandy and jolly good and all that. But what has the Sonic franchise directly or indirectly done for you in regards to friends? Whether it be on the Sonic Stadium, on other Sonic-related forums, or even in real life, what friendships were kicked off as a result of the two of you resting on the same ring grabbing, Emerald snatching, Badnik busting wavelength?

Crusher's Thoughts: Throughout the majority of my life, I only had one real life friend (and he's still a great friend to this day). Otherwise, I was always somewhat unlucky. However, when I eventually stumbled upon the Sonic Stadium, and as time went on, I managed to make more friends at last, which still surprises me even now.

Members such as Vertekins, Kiah, and Tara are just a few of the friends that I feel I have made here. It's a little surreal to think that if I didn't get Sonic Advance 2 at a Toys "R" Us back in 2003, I wouldn't be here today, and by extension, I wouldn't have made these cherished friends. Thinking about it that way, it is also a very frightening thought for me, because as pathetic as this will sound, my friends mean a lot to me.

So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~

• Thumbs Up 9

I have befriended Crow (who I have trouble talking to due to my own issues), Cody, Verte, Ami/Sonikku, Tara, Jin, Teo, Jova, Duck Avenger, Edward and Rants among others, so that helps me find friends outside of my locals. You all need a bear hug.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't have any real life friends. However, when I created my SSMB account, I got more friends than I expected. One of my favourites is Super Spindash. I really like members such as Kiah and Tara because they are really nice although I've never talked with them on this site.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic for this question.

25/30 Days complete.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 25: Sanic Friends.

I guess I haven't gotten particularly close to people based on a mutual liking for Sonic. I mean I'm on good terms with most of the people here (probably), and there are a lot of posters I like, but I don't know if I'd call them "friends." Guess I'm sort of a distant user here who doesn't get more involved with members. I also don't really talk about it outside this forum- not for any particular reason, mind you. It just doesn't come up that often. 

*cue sad Hulk walking away music*

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I was fortunate to at least make a couple of real-life friends from within the Sonic fanbase; two in high school and one currently at college. As far as online is concerned...man I'm so grateful for that.

..Sorry if I have nothing much to say...if I need to add more I'll try to elaborate. 

Day 25: making friends within the sonic fanbase

Hunh, well this is a funny one, well I actualy didnt entirely come here due to a love of sonic, I was a modder, and I had burnt out on my last community, and I decided to check out this freshly burgeoning scene around a game called sonic generations, and I started messing around, and even have a mod to my name, even if it never did get a release(poor mighty), but then I ended up in contact with a couple of the guys on the Sonic Generations adventure team, and ended up contributing to that for a while, and I am still have a buddy from that.

A couple months I came back and decided to stay, I wouldnt say I have a ton of friends here, but most of them have been made through either a shared interest, or an attempt by me to expand my still set. From the former, I would like to include JaidynReiman from our shared views on several more mario related things, and on the latter, primarily my attempts at art(some sonic related of course), Da Victoes, and Zaysho. Honestly, I would like to say I have a good kinship with a couple people on here, and while I rarely make friends, specialy in person, its nice to have some kindred(and varying) spirits up on here... specialy considering how few in person friendships I make, I currently only have one friend here at college, so its nice to know I have some additional people who are fun to banter with

Oh, and I do count Crow, and Diogenes, among those as well, we may butt heads quite a bit, but its not a bad thing to have people with a different viewpoint to hone something against

25/30 days complete, almost there! 5/6ths done

Oh boy!

My life story.

Ok here we go!

Well I was in Grade 7 when I met my best friend.

I was at home doing boring stuff and my mom told to go outside with my sister and hang out in the neighborhood. So we did and I noticed 2 boys with their dad playing with an RC car. I watched them play with the car and talked to them for a bit. We had a nice conversation and they went back home and so did I.

A couple of days later, I decided to talk to the boys again and over a couple of days, we've became friends. What really made our friendship strong was the fact that both of us were Sonic fans. At that time, I knew about the franchise a bit but not much the guy I hanged out with didn't know as much. Like he played games like Heroes a few years ago but that's it. I guess you could say that I made him more interested in Sonic due to me talking about it so much with him.

Fast forwarding today, we've became best friends a friendship so close it rivals Sonic and Tails' (Yeah that's right I said it!)

He became a Sonic fan due to me and plays a lot more Sonic games now, heck he even played 06 but got stuck at Sonic's Crisis City. On his birthday, I got him All-Stars Racing for the Wii and he said he had the most fun with it which makes me happy since I too enjoyed the game as well. On my birthday, he gave me Black Knight and Shadow which I do play every once in a while and I had my moments with the 2. 

Like thanks to this series, I wouldn't have such a great friend I have now and it's one of the many reasons why I love this series so much. It did so much for me, I really wouldn't want my life any other way than it is now.

I'm not sure who I  am actually friends with here since I haven't really tried to ask any of you, but if I had to say who I felt the most friendly too (and me in return) it would probably have to be crusher, felix, komodin, soniman, and a couple of other people on here and I hope to make some more through my time here :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I became staff on some forum and met four staff members offline (even now living practically next door to two of them), and they're all some of the best people I have met in my life so I'd say it's had a pretty major impact on my social life. My position as mod provided for me some good work ethic and helped me mature a good deal, and I've met a bunch of other cool dudes and dudettes as an indirect result of my position, due to me growing more confident and reaching out to other people more often. I'm glad I got to be a part of this gig and I can't imagine what my online life would be like had I never joined this forum.

• Thumbs Up 4

Kind of a tough one. I'm kinda new here and haven't made any friends on the Stadium, really. I've had plenty of friends in the past that like Sonic, but those particular relationships were never about that, nor did we talk about it much. I'm kind of private when it comes to some of my interests. 

However... my bro and I bonded over Sonic games and the like since we were kids, and still talk about the series a lot today. As super lame and awful and cheesey as this sounds, I don't think our relationship would be what it is today without Sonic. 

EDIT: that sounded as lame as i thought it did
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good lord, too many to count!

Though I'm infamous for my tendency to take over the Most Recent Posts of this forum every so often, everyone also knows me as the meetup/con guy. Indeed, I got involved in the Sonic community (rather than just being a diehard fan) after Sonic Boom 2012, because I reasoned I talked to so few Sonic folks despite my rabid interest.

Working with the Sonic Revolution team had me develop a lot of bonds with a lot of people. Some were professional... but a lot of them were both professional and personal. I can honestly say I consider a lot of the people I work with friends as much as colleagues. We can crack Sonic jokes and we all can laugh at them... for once in my life, I feel like I belong. And it's without being crammed into a tiny nightclub for a few hours once a year, too!

I consider myself to have bonded with a few folks here even if we may not talk a ton face to face. Just a little chit chat here or there is nice. Nepenthe, Crash, Chooch, Sly4Good, Lhancat to think of a few... I'm sure there's a lot more where that came from! If I missed you, please forgive me!

Sonic has helped introduce me to countless people I probably would have never met otherwise; I'm incredibly shy in non-Sonic settings. Summer of Sonic's goal... to make friends... is accomplished even through a digital medium.

At both Sonic Booms we met interesting people and still have occasional contact with them. In fact, Boom 2012 was what taught me to perhaps start using Facebook to keep in touch with people, since I don't usually make use of phones.

I love the feel of Sonic Boom despite its short length that I actually start to get depressed a few months afterward, a period I call the "Boom Blues." My work with conventions and events keeps my thoughts occupied... well, up until February at least!

You can see why I'm enthusiastic about the fan event scene. It enriches both my life and that of every other person present, whether I'm an attendee or an organizer. I want to share that sort of magic with the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

I joined up here a little more than a year ago. As you can imagine, being a new member, I found myself being a bit naive when meeting people here at first. Coming from the Sega Forums and all, where it's a bit less personal, I just added people as friends on a whim, without really talking much. While I wouldn't say that's completely changed, as I still do that on occassion, I've found other ways to get to know people through the Sonic fanbase here on this site, and even Skype.

Well, I suppose my first real good friendship that's standing good on this site, although we mainly talk on Skype, is me and a member named SonicDude. When he joined, I was quick to welcome him aboard, and I couldn't help but notice how he had bumped several of my topics. I added him as a friend, and we started communicating through PM'ing. I noticed he had a passion for watching commentary groups on Youtube, and he really wanted to start one up, so I thought, sure, why the hell not. Well, the rest is history. :) Straight to the point, you're awesome, and I'm glad me welcoming someone to the Stadium really paid off :P 

So, me getting to know people and make friends within the Sonic fanbase isn't necessarily due to a common interest in the Blue Blur himself. Sometimes, it stems from posting frequently on each other's status updates. Other times, it's from backing each other up in long winded arguments, or being interested/charmed in what the person has to say on a certain matter. It seems like a lot of the time, people are just so damn charmed by my about page that they feel the need to come to me and add me on Skype. What can I say, I aim to please :D Eh, who knows, I like to live in the moment and not question who I befriend. It's been a great ride getting to meet some others on here as well, like Knucklesgirl, Neon the Hedgehog (who unfortunately isn't with us on this site anymore, hope you're doing well), Soni, Rick, Jovahexeon, and many, many more.

Here's to you guys, hope I'm not coming off as too embarrasingly sentimental or anything. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 25: How Have I Made Friends in the Sonic Fanbase?

...I've only recently started socializing online.

Forever_Alone-258x300.png

In all seriousness though, I've found you guys to be better company than I've had in real life in years! It's honestly refreshing to finally talk to people who share my interests! (Most people around my area haven't even heard of Sonic.) You all have no idea how much these last few weeks have meant to me, and even though I don't know any of you that well yet, I plan to change that over time.

So, thanks, guys. <3

• Thumbs Up 5

I used to have a friend who was also in to Sonic during my last 2 years in high school. We would share ideas and show off our artwork, and his drawings were waaaay better than anything I could make.smile.png

Unfortunately, I haven't seen him since then.sad.png

Day 25: List Soma's Sonic Friends

oh okay

who are certifiably sane!

uhhhhhhh well I

Well uh in my chat thing I guess I'm friends with these horse guys. There's uh ElementofCows, Rinorino, and some other guy who talks about arrows. And on the bipedal side of things, we have Joker, Endy, and Junior Joker plus some guy who comes in every two years to yell at Soma. These people comprise Soma's clique in the Sonic fandom, though there are certainly far more friends. DOOM/Double-U, Trixie, Haden, Homem, Shrek (rip in peace), Lime, T-Min, Foolix, CROW, 'kito, Symbrad, KH, Soniko, Rants, Azoo, The Care Bears, some Crusher guy you may have heard of, and many, many, many more.

And to think I was the shy one in freshman year!

• Thumbs Up 8