Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I've made a ton of friends in the art community... which 99% percent of the time begins with a common interest in drawing Sonic stuff.

It usually starts out simple enough. Getting or giving a note or a nudge in appreciation of someone's style, or a question in how to do certain things. Sonic characters are so diverse and so expression-ate that from a drawing medium, they are wonderful models to start from and use as examples. Before you know it, you've got two people learning via blue hedgehogs.

Day 25 Challenge: In what ways have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

24/30 Challenges Completed

Friends.png

Friends are the ones who'll always be by your side no matter what.

Well, that's at least how I feel when speaking of friends. Anyways, how have I made friends within the Sonic fanbase? Well, by going to SSMB, of course! I first started out as a member that lurked a lot and really couldn't say I had any "friends" here, but now that I'm more of an active poster, I can certainly say I have "friends" here now. I haven't even been here a whole year yet, and I already feel like SSMB is my second family. Crazy stuff. 

While here at SSMB I have met many of people. I met Kiah who is quite a kind person, RoboRick who can come up with interesting stories, Soni who has introduced me to Tamil music and actually taught me something, Felix who has quite a passion for different films and can understand the greatness that is Hayao Miyazaki and Makoto Shinkai, and even Dr. Crusher who is fun to chat with at times, show Dr. Robotnik/Eggman Archie pictures to, and even went as far as to have this awesome event going. smile.png

rsz_theend.png

Then again...

There's really so many other people here at SSMB that I don't really communicate with, yet I would still strangely consider them a friend.
I still have to send almost everyone a PM, though.
*Take out my long list of SSMB members* 

Tara: I really loved how you answered my question by giving me a fun story. That's something I'll never forget. 

Nepenthe: your I also do enjoy that you seem to love Sonic Unleashed quite a bit.

Vertekins: Ah, Vertekins... I really love how much passion you have for Sonic and how great you're at talking about how amazing Sonic is. You're even To be honest, I actually wish I could be like you and be so expressive about how great Sonic is.  

Jovahexeon: I think everyone can hands down agree that your Transformers gifs are quite awesome. 
Tumblr_mafdc6a11P1rripibo1_500.gif

Indigo Rush: Actually. Begin. ?. 

Forte Metallix: I been noticing you lately because of this event. I really have been enjoying your postings because of how nice of a read they are. 

Azookara: Great postings and because you have the Seal of Approval! 

Jin: The World God Only Knows + BlazBlue fan automatically make you cool! *High five you*

*Notice he can't ramble on forever* Well, I'll just have to finish this sometime later this year!  

Thank you to everyone here at SSMB for being great people. smile.png

SonicTheHedgehogIssue257CleanVersion.png

25/30 Challenges Completed

I'll officially finish this with this quote... 

"I consider everything that happened to be precious moments of my life. The pain. The suffering. The fun... And I am here right now, because everyone was there for me. I couldn't have accomplished anything by standing still, without anybody’s help. I treasure every moment I have spent here. Unlucky? I feel pretty lucky.

This is my resolve." - Tsunayoshi Sawada

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 25: Sonic Pals

Having friends who share a lot of interests in common is always good, and when you, as a Sonic enthusiast, have pals who also like the Blue Blur and the franchise as a whole, then things are even better. Sharing opinions and anecdotes about the games, the cartoon shows, the comics... everything while keeping friendships alive.

Personally, I can say I had a couple of friends who liked Sonic during my childhood. In a day where Sega was synonym of amazing consoles and games and where its mascot was the coolest thing around, my old friends were big fans of the Blue Blur and at times we shared some good playthroughs of the Master System and Mega Drive games all the way up to the almighty Dreamcast instalments. While I no longer see 'em due to parting different ways as the years went by, those were good memories as far as childhood pals goes.

In terms of best friends met in recent years, the most notable one without a doubt is Gabz Girl. We met each other at Sonic on The Net back in late February 2008 and our bonds are still strong, so strong that we took the extra mile and we have been together as partners for almost 6 years! It's always great to talk about anything related to the Blue Blur and share my knowledge and opinions with her (as well as anything else, really!). =3

Joining SSMB may bring out the possibility to meet more people too. I'm fairly new to the community since December 2013 and I may not be as active as those who frequent the forums and leave lots of posts a day, but I do my best to stick around here as much as I can. I hope some upcoming Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros matches and some good Skype chats can spark some great friendships here, going from people like Indigo Rush, Mando, Soniko, Superlink, Jovahexeon, Doctor MK, Azookara, Shadzter and many more! I'll be pleased to meet all of you. =)

• Thumbs Up 6

Question #25: In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

Well there's been one or two things...

The main thing which sorta kickstarted it all was Summer of Sonic 2008.

I went down the day before and some people had said "Hey lets meet up" so I decided 'meh why not?' Anyway, I decided to do a bit of sightseeing in London during the morning, as the day went on it got progressively hotter due to a heatwave... and when it came to meet everybody up... I was getting quite exhausted and playing a game of 'where are the Sonic fans' since everybody was sorta on the move all over the place.

Anyway, eventually I got told 'Oh go to Bond street tube and meet us outside...

But that tube has multiple exits... So the first time anyone from here saw me was when I was exiting the tube hot and exhausted. Not quite the first impression I had in mind.

So we walked through London for a while, I meet a couple of SSMBer's that day, Urtheart, T-Bird, Violet, Elson Wong, Vger and a few other guys too. 

The next day was Summer of Sonic and... with everybody I'd met previously busy, for a while I thought 'I might go home soon... was getting a bit bored... then I just randomly started talking to a few other SSMBer's and stayed the whole day... really regretted not spending another night in London as it happens.

Then a few funny things started to happen.

The next Summer of Sonic I was tasked with doing the buzzbombers quiz, however due to a bit of a breakdown in communication, I didn't know I could go in early to help set up... so I waited in line outside... nobody around me had a clue who I was, then Elson Wong comes down the line and says "OH HEY! It's Hogfather!" And I said "Ah mr Elson! It's good to see you in town again!" and a few people around me whispered "Thats Hogather!?" 

And then something else funny happened...

Not many people at SOS 09 knew who I was. So I figured I could get away with not introducing myself, and if I made a total cock up of Buzzbombers, nobody would know who I was so I could escape.

It's then I think 'Oh shit! I've not done a tie break question... so I sit down, pull out a copy of Sonic the comic, begin counting the pages for a tie break challenge... and someone... I can't remember who... comes upto me and sorta stands looking down at me... I'm still writing stuff and I sorta look up and say "Yes..?"

Can't quite remember the exact conversation, but this guy recognised me and asked me how I was, and I was polite and asked him how he was and then I said "I'm really sorry, but I really need to get this finished in the next 10min." 

Then Buzzbombers started... and I get up and constantly think "Please don't fuck this up... please don't fuck this up..." Anyway, I manage to get a decent sized crowd gathered and start the quiz, suddenly I intro due Svend & T-bird and then halfway through the quiz it dawns on me... "Oh shit... I've forgotten to introduce myself.... In fact I'm pretty sure there's a point in the one video that exists where you can see the moment I realise "Some of these people probably think 'some nutter has started a quiz and they're all going along with it!"

So again, you've got to remember, at this point, only a handful of people in the Sonic community knew who I was, I was just a random Sonic fan at these things. 

So the quiz ends and AAUK comes on stage and says "A big thanks to the contestants! A big thanks to Svend and T-Bird!" I'm about to walk off the stage and yells "And finally a big thanks to Hogfather for hosting!" And there was a collective gasp of "Thats Hogfather!?"

So I bowed and left....

Anyway, after that I started to do youtube vids and a few people started to recognise my voice and had met me from a few other meetups and from the previous SOS.

So at subsequent SOS' people would now come upto me and ask me how I was... after they asked me how Merch Kitty was... 

Well... Lately at SOS events, a lot of people know who I am and come up and say hello, and it's a nice feeling when that happens. I do have a decent group of friends, mainly the SOS staff team, it's odd how we only see each other once a year yet we consider each other our best group of friends, at least I do.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 25 Challenge: In what ways have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

Posting, just so I don't miss the day, will be editing though.

[ Day 25 : Sonic Buddies :3 ]

Offline, I'm sad to say, my love for Sonic has not made me many friends.  That's okay. I  have other interests, so I'm not totally lonely or anything.  Yet, Sonic is responsible for almost all of my online friends.  I think I have only a few online contacts that I don't know as a result of Sonic in some way or form.  Many of them are irreplaceable to me and I don't know what I would have done without them.  What started as just casual discussing of blue hedgehogs would eventually lead to us sharing out most personal thoughts and staying up to unspeakable hours to comfort each other in times of need.  For that I am forever grateful.

SSMB's been one of those places to me as well.  I don't want to call anyone out in fear of people being like "fuck why didn't you mention me i thought we were bffsles" if I forget them, but I'm sure you all know who you are and I love all of you! X3 - I'm glad I could share my time with all of you.

i haven't met anyone of them in real life, but I have so many that would be great.  But you know, distances and all. :c

Sorry, ElementofChaos, but I will not be able to sabotage you and Speederino's wedding which is definitely happening and I didn't just make up.

• Thumbs Up 3

i haven't met anyone of them in real life, but I have so many that would be great.  But you know, distances and all. :c

Sorry, ElementofChaos, but I will not be able to sabotage you and Speederino's wedding which is definitely happening and I didn't just make up.

Don't worry, we're actually planning to elope, so it all works out.

I can't believe we're almost at the end of this 30 Days thingamajig...time's flown by.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #25: In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

As far as IRL goes, I can't remember Sonic necessarily being the ice-breaker that developed into an eventual friendship, although I and my absolute bestie share an interest in the series going as far back as 2002. We reminisce about those days, still have an on-going Sonic roleplay that is indeed about 12 years old, and talk about Sega's upcoming goings-on in which she'll inevitably ask "Is Shadow playable?" at which point I must break her heart.

As for online, I feel like I've been able to not only jump into a few Sonic-centric communities wholesale that accept me and give a little something to them, but I feel they've given back to me, in that I've learned to better my patience and empathy towards others when communicating over the Internet. We're a passionate bunch, and thus navigating this area of the web over the years has been both hellish and memorable, but I don't really consider it time badly spent. I'm generally shy about this kind of thing on SSMB and don't really say it often or probably come across as such, but I genuinely do love this community and the people in it- our in-jokes, the status updates and picture thread, seeing people's empathy and care in the Personal discussion, my fellow staff. I notice this stuff all the time and all of you guys make me smile and laugh more often than not. It's a really good place to be.

But if more of you losers lived in Georgia, maybe we could meet more often and be real life friends!!! ;~; But I still love you tho'. <3

• Thumbs Up 6

Question #25: In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

Well, I haven’t really made many offline friends on this front, unfortunately. Back in middle school, I was good friends with someone who was really good with Sonic Heroes, but we’ve kinda faded away from each other since I had to move away. Other than that, that’s pretty much it. For now, anyway. As far as my online activities are concerned? That’s a little different...

Back in 2004, when I first got my very own personal computer, I came across this very site. Then, I wanted to join, but unfortunately, I was too much of a little shy guy to go through with it. The very thought of being able to interact with other people over the internet honestly scared me. In fact, it didn’t take me until late 2007 that I finally mustered up the courage to make my initial Komodos account here, and even then, it was due to a little problem with registering onto the SEGA forums. 

Speaking of that, I honestly had lots of fun there. I made some cool friends, one of whom is still around to this very day here, made quite a lot of posts there, and generally had a fun time. So much so, in fact, that, along with my barely notable presence at the time, I pretty much moved on from my initial Komodos SSMB account (though I still took peeks here from time to time) and stayed more or less exclusively to there. Incidentally, my account name there was originally going to be Komodin, but because of those aforementioned problems, I had to make a new account, so I went with my secondary choice: Komodos. During this time, I also signed up for GameFAQs and its Sonic boards and… well, the less said about that, the better. Let’s just say that that was my first exposure with the “bad” side of the fandom and leave it at that. I met Soniman there, though, so it wasn’t a complete waste.

Starting in 2009, however, I pretty much moved on from those sites and became a “nomad” of sorts, going from Sonic site to Sonic site in search of Sonic news and info. I even became a regular at TSSZ News for a spell, as SSMBer Adamska can attest. Other than that, I pretty much stuck with TV Tropes’ own forums (yes, they do have a forum section there -- since 2007, in fact.) Back then, there were very few members who was actually interested in the series and, for that, I was pretty much the “Sonic Guy” there. I “had” to defend the series there from those who wanted to talk smack about it for whatever reason, and I done some things that almost put my account there in jeopardy. With that confrontation with the head admin there of “chill out, or leave,” I decided to solve the matter in a more productive. Hence, my “Sonic Wiki Curator” member title there, as well as here.

By 2010, with Sonic Colors’ release, I decided to pay the SSMB a visit and saw that things here were quite different from the last time I really saw it. It was much more… friendly and chill now. I tried to sign into my old Komodos account, but due to the server wipe that I completely forgot about due to the aforementioned distancing back in 2009, that account was now one with the aether. This didn’t bug me, though -- I figured that it would do me some good to just lurk here again for a while, and so I did. I’ve seen some good moments here, as well as not-so-good ones, to say the least. Still, I stuck around because you guys seemed like genuinely good people -- a sight that I wasn’t really associated with anymore in regards to Sonic. I also liked that the aforementioned SEGA Forumer friend -- you know her as VEDJ-F, but on the SEGA Forums, she’s Pur-Rulz -- was an SSMBer, too.

Finally, in July 2011, just a couple days before I had to leave for Seattle for my cancer treatment, I said “Aw, what the heck,” and make my Komodin account here. From there, though it took some time to fully integrate myself here…

uqvlztc.jpg

… the rest…

sabKhD7.jpg

...was history. Seriously, I may not say this all that much, but I really do think you guys are all great. While we may have had some conflicts along the way -- 2013 is better off forgotten -- I don’t, for a second, ever regret having come to known all of you! Keep being awesome, SSMBers! smile.png
  • Thumbs Up 7

Sonic was kind of an ice breaker that got be a bunch of good friends when I was a kid. Not so much now, since, you know, "Sonic is for kids/What the fuck is a Sonic/Sonic sucks" and all that. I still remember playing Sonic, along with a bunch of other shit, with my friends though. Good times...

But yeah, like I said, not so much in real life now. That's what the internet is for! 

Through SSMB I met the Joker, my partner in crime, Endy, my bff/lover/rival/pimp/worst enemy/murderer depending on who you ask, the pony triplets, Element, NGwood, and speederino, who quite frankly all weird me out but they're cool. Soma, who's a smart....thing and is always good with advice. Discoid, who's wrong about literally everything but at least he provides interesting arguments. Of course, the skype chat crew, who I've pretty much gushed enough about, plus if I gush too much they might think I like them or something, and good god who wants that. 

....right, So, I dunno how I feel about Sonic but yeah he's gotten me some great friends. I guess. Don't stress if I don't mention you or something.   SSMB as a whole is pretty alright. You guys are nice. Most of the time. I guess. Maybe.

• Thumbs Up 5

Question #25: In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

It's a little weird for me to be thinking about this, largely because I would never associate Sonic as a reason I have any friends, especially when being a Sonic fan earned me nothing but ridicule when I was younger. Not that it stopped me, but it made people want to give me a hard time. I suppose being a scrawny, quiet nerd was the other reason, but whatever. Not that I don't have friends IRL, but I don't think we have a ton of crossover in hobbies (bar video games, and even then our tastes are wildly different). Which is fine, it allows us to just sit back and chill, have a couple drinks and yap about life and things.

I think online is a slightly different story, having been a part of the Sonic fan community in various places over the years, I've seen a lot and grown as a person, and I think I owe the fan community at large for that. Perhaps because I can see what I'm saying and how stupid most of what I write is, it taught me a lot about how to write and form my opinions. I've been a part of Sonic Cult, SSMB (pre-2005, and the atmosphere wasn't nearly as friendly or well-moderated as it is now, but I admit my own attitude problems likely exacerbated things), Find the Computer Room (which is literally a bunch of tightknit cats at this point), before coming back to SSMB last year (I chose to not go to Retro because I'd had my fill of them back when I was a Sonic Cult member). Friends though...? I've had a few, many of whom I've lost touch with since we never communicated outside of the boards, and if we did on AIM or something, the communcations never lasted long. I'm not particularly good about making contact with people. And, unfortunately, most of their names are lost to me at this point and I feel like there's little to no proof that those connections even existed.

As of right now? Sure, I think there's a few. I mentioned FTCR being an incredibly tightknit community, and that's because only the same few people post around there (the place is a ghosttown last time I logged in though). I joined their Skype chat recently, but as I hardly use Skype, I hardly talk to them with the exception of a fellow artist with whom I occasionally swap drawings for feedback and have occasionally helped out. On here, I'd say there's a few, going by my profile, though truth be told, I haven't used the "add friend" function around here. I have some weird quirk in my head, and perhaps it's a leftover from growing up, that makes me not want to make the first move or feel like I'm overstepping a boundary, so I just don't. It doesn't mean I dislike or don't get along with anybody, I just don't really pay attention to it. I pretty much talk with you all in one way or the other via just posting around here, and occasionally swapping PM's for one reason or the other, and I haven't had any bad spills or experiences with anybody (um, that I know of...). Y'all are cool in my book and I'm just glad to be in a far more welcoming community than I expected based on my past experiences. Ha, maybe I should make some effort to talk with more of you at some point.

Day 25: In what ways have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

Ah, yes. Friends. In which I do have several in real-life, but none have very much interest in the franchise.  When it came to finding people who did like Sonic, it was mostly cool dudes at Youtube who made playthroughs or reviews of the games. Then one day, I found this nifty site and discovered it had a forum section with all these discussions and differing opinions that intrigued me so. So I said "What the hey'!", and decided join SSMB. Of course, I had forgotten I had a crippling social issue when it comes to communicating through the internet, so I just lurked around the message boards and rarely commented on a topic. I've been getting better, though. Not feeling as nervous to actually post something or stopping in the middle of making a comment, then erasing to not even try again. While I can't say I've really made friends with anyone yet (considering my little friend box is pretty much empty, but that's my own damn fault for not having the nerves to actually make a request), practically everyone here that I've seen posting throughout on various topics, in the many months I've been here, are such swell people, and I really do mean that. I'm gonna keep trying to continue being a bit more open and not as reserved as I used to be. And with that, I hope that SSMB continues on further into the future. happy.png

What an utterly interesting question.

Well, I only have a couple irl friends that are interested in Sonic, one of who moved away and I haven't seen since. Online is a different story. Since mid 2008 I've been a member of a few online communities dedicated to Sonic. It's been on those that I've met some really fantastic people. A few have the Sonic scene, but I still communicate with them from time to time via Skype and Tumblr, proof that friendships can span more than one interest. I'm quite grateful for all those I've met over the years. You're all awesome! =)

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 25: Have you made friends through Sonic?

Eeeh, I don't really make friends on the internet. The whole point of the internet is the anonymity of it all, and when it's not, it's kinda shady. Now I am very friendly to other Sonic fans, and I do like some more than others, but to go so far as to call them friends is pushing it a bit.

Real life, though? Honestly, I've never met a Sonic fan outside of my family yet, and I doubt I ever will. There are some cousins I have that I got closer to after I found out they were Sonic fans, though, so if that counts, yes, yes I have.

Day 25: Complete

I guess I'm really happy SSMB exists, it really  gives me a chance to chat not only Sonic but all kinds of topics with people I respect in the fandom.

Indeed, Particularly Verte and Crusher,  guess we arn't super-close, but I really enjoy talking Sonic stuff with them, always have something interesting to say and are pleasent to chat to.

Huh, seems Crusher's a bit late today. No worries though, that just means I've got a chance to expand on my post. I see most people are using this as an opportunity for shout outs, so I'll do the same.

BUCKLE IN BECAUSE HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOO

T-MAN - YOU'RE A FUCKING SUPER BADASS, MAN. Gonna count you as my first great Sonic pal because I'm... pretty sure you are, lol. Stay cool, brother.

INDY - WE GOTTA WRITE SOME SONGS TOGETHER HOMIE, WE GOT TALENT. Super chill dude and though we disagree on lots of things I always have a super swell time talking to ya.

WRAITH - WELL I MEAN YOU'RE HORRIBLY WRONG 90% OF THE TIME BUT WHEN YOU'RE NOT IT'S COOL. You finally got a mic, didn't you? We've gotta find a time to Skype, man. My mental interpretation of your voice is probably waaaaay off. 

FELIX - WHEN YOU'RE NOT WEIRDING ME OUT ABOUT FROZEN I TOTALLY LIKE HANGING OUT WITH YA DUDE. Jesus, man. I wish I had your taste in movies when I was your age. I'm impressed. I also have to give you mad props for your Skype chat. Lots of really awesome people there. 

SONIKO - YOU'RE REALER THAN REAL, GURL. AWESOME. The most surprising thing here is that we weren't friends sooner! You're a really awesome gal and I love our chats, haha. Real talk is super great with ya, and I feel like you're a very easy person to open up to.

EDDY - METAL GEEEAAAARRRRR!!???!? Dude it's a god damn crime that we don't get to chat that often. You're a sharp dude and I love our back and forth convos about the shit we like, it's super great. 

SEAN, PELLY, AND CARBO - LITERALLY THE COOLEST TRIO EVER AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL OK THANKS. I'm really happy that I've gotten to talk to all three of you about all sorts of crap before. You're super swell people and I look up to all three of you. 

Honorable mentions go to all the swell people on my friends list, as well as everyone on Skype! You guys make SSMB for me, and I wouldn't be here without ya. 

• Thumbs Up 5

PSA: Crusher isn't feeling well tonight, the next question is going to be delayed for a little while.

I have some bad news, guys. For the past few hours, I keep feeling as though I'm about to vomit at some point, and I fear that my current state will get in the way of my 30 Day posting and make me do a half-assed job with the next question, which is something that I really want to prevent since I like to put as much effort as I can into them, and doing a crap job wouldn't be fair for the rest of you. As such, I think I'm gonna have to delay the next question and post it tomorrow a tomorrow afternoon or night (BEFORE midnight, I mean). I'm really sorry for this failure on my part. =(

http://board.sonicstadium.org/statuses/user/1518-dr-crusher/?status_id=588572

Seen a few status' about it so I figured I'd post it here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not many people at SOS 09 knew who I was. So I figured I could get away with not introducing myself, and if I made a total cock up of Buzzbombers, nobody would know who I was so I could escape.

It's then I think 'Oh shit! I've not done a tie break question... so I sit down, pull out a copy of Sonic the comic, begin counting the pages for a tie break challenge... and someone... I can't remember who... comes upto me and sorta stands looking down at me... I'm still writing stuff and I sorta look up and say "Yes..?"

Can't quite remember the exact conversation, but this guy recognised me and asked me how I was, and I was polite and asked him how he was and then I said "I'm really sorry, but I really need to get this finished in the next 10min." 

Haha, I'm pretty sure that was me. Truth be told, I only recognised you because I think you'd made some kind of name-badge and it was on the table next to you, and I was double-checking it said "Hogfather" before I said anything.

I do vaguely remember you giving me a taster of some questions you'd decided not to use in the quiz, as well. Pretty sure one of them was a foreign language / translation question...

DAY 25 In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

I've just recently started posting here, and this is the first sonic fan base community I've joined, so I haven't made any friends yet.

It's not the same thing, but when I was younger sonic was one of the things my siblings and cousins and I bonded over.

Then Buzzbombers started... and I get up and constantly think "Please don't fuck this up... please don't fuck this up..." Anyway, I manage to get a decent sized crowd gathered and start the quiz, suddenly I intro due Svend & T-bird and then halfway through the quiz it dawns on me... "Oh shit... I've forgotten to introduce myself.... In fact I'm pretty sure there's a point in the one video that exists where you can see the moment I realise "Some of these people probably think 'some nutter has started a quiz and they're all going along with it!"

Oh good, I know how that feels perfectly. I was responsible for the trivia contest at Sonic Boom West; trivia was actually my specialty until I changed roles and became the PR/merchandise guy for Revolution instead.

And hilarity ensued. I screwed up the scoring and while we corrected it I still have this gut feeling that I awarded the wrong prizes to two people... it was beautiful yet "oh god what have I done."

Needless to say we determined that for future years score should be kept by a separate person. The good news is that as the merchant of the team I no longer have to handle the contest so I can just sit back and pray my successor doesn't make the same mistake I did.

So the quiz ends and AAUK comes on stage and says "A big thanks to the contestants! A big thanks to Svend and T-Bird!" I'm about to walk off the stage and yells "And finally a big thanks to Hogfather for hosting!" And there was a collective gasp of "Thats Hogfather!?"

Alas, while a few people recognized me at Sonic Boom 2013, I didn't receive that sort of recognition. :c Was fun though to get picked out! I'll wear a more distinctive shirt this year...

Have I miscounted or was there no Day 26 question yesterday? :s Oh I'm so confused! XD

Also... when I was watching the SoS feed last year I wondered if the BuzzBombers host was Hogfather! :P Just the mannerisms seemed famliar, but I couldn't be sure just from the feed.

Have I miscounted or was there no Day 26 question yesterday? :s Oh I'm so confused! XD

Also... when I was watching the SoS feed last year I wondered if the BuzzBombers host was Hogfather! tongue.png Just the mannerisms seemed famliar, but I couldn't be sure just from the feed.

Crushers not feeling very well so the question has been delayed a bit (hope he's okay since its been awhile).

So it's been three days now, and it's becoming increasingly clear that my current ill state isn't going away anytime soon, which is annoying. As such, because I really don't want to go down the road of repeatedly making doomed promises every night, I've decided that I'm going to wait until the next Friday and try to pick things back up from there. Reason being that not only should I hopefully be much better by then, but also, I figured that because this whole unfortunate turn of events started on a Friday, the tidiest response for me would be to end it - and continue the final stretch - on a Friday.

I apologise once again for this mess, but this ship will reach it's destination (or something like that). Thank you for listening, and thank you very much for your understanding. smile.png

Ah, you got nothing to apologize for, doc. Stuff happens, take care of yourself first.