Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

11 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

Why does Lara Su have line art while the others don’t?

The man seems to be inconsistent with several things, mainly design.

10 hours ago, Adamis said:

Isn't it recycled from somewhere ? 

Yep, from this:

EDIT: Adding penciled version for reference.

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

Are YOU interested in a commission from Ken Penders? This might be worth a read.

Stay classy Ken.

• Thumbs Up 3

I suppose it's for the best that I don't really understand what goes on in Penders' head, because I'd really hate to think where I'd be as a person if I could actually comprehend just how little estimate he really has for other people. You'd think he'd be happy that anyone at all would want anything from him, and yet somehow even that isn't enough for him to extend a shred of basic decency towards another person.

Ultimately its nothing we didn't already suspect of him, but it really is tiresome and repulsive, all the same.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, horridus said:

You'd think he'd be happy that anyone at all would want anything from him, and yet somehow even that isn't enough for him to extend a shred of basic decency towards another person.

He probably expects it, thinks he's entitled to it. "I created their childhood, so of course they'd want me to draw for them."

He's simply acquiescing to the masses.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Well, we are down to the last three days before he supposedly leaves Twitter, so let's see what happens:

MM_Dawn_of_the_First_Day.png

Cue the music!

I'll still be surprised if he goes through with it, I tell you. But hey, maybe he really DOES mean it this time... in which case I guess its curtains for this thread, cuz I don't see anybody following him to threads or instagram just to keep tabs on him.

At least until he actually releases something, at least in theory.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, horridus said:

Cue the music!

I'll still be surprised if he goes through with it, I tell you. But hey, maybe he really DOES mean it this time... in which case I guess its curtains for this thread, cuz I don't see anybody following him to threads or instagram just to keep tabs on him.

At least until he actually releases something, at least in theory.

Yeah, I recently shut down my IG account myself, which leaves the only main avenues for news/updates his website and forums, the latter which has not been updated in eight months now.

In other news, he's showing an unreleased story about Dr. Robotnik which never got published because reasons:

https://kenpenders.com/the-curious-case-of-a-day-in-the-life-of-dr-ivo-robotnik/

Edited by Promethean0416

Well, he seems to be despite the meager numbers he's got for pre-orders apparently:

https://kenpenders.com/the-lara-su-chronicles-beginnings-update/

Pretty sure most, if not all, of the old run fans have moved on to other things and not looked back since and right, no such thing as too much promotion, huh? Welp, also sure that promotion materials cost money, so hope he has a plan for that, but I digress...

5 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Yeah, I recently shut down my IG account myself, which leaves the only main avenues for news/updates his website and forums, the latter which has not been updated in eight months now.

In other news, he's showing an unreleased story about Dr. Robotnik which never got published because reasons:

https://kenpenders.com/the-curious-case-of-a-day-in-the-life-of-dr-ivo-robotnik/

Amazing. He can't even seem to post an unused comic correctly. Several of these are cropped and/or squashed and stretched versus their original dimensions.

Some of it might have been entertaining, had it not been cut off!

Keep checking back as there will be an UNPUBLISHED SONIC section once this site is revamped sometime in 2024.

Now there's a hollow threat.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Well, he seems to be despite the meager numbers he's got for pre-orders apparently:

https://kenpenders.com/the-lara-su-chronicles-beginnings-update/

Pretty sure most, if not all, of the old run fans have moved on to other things and not looked back since and right, no such thing as too much promotion, huh? Welp, also sure that promotion materials cost money, so hope he has a plan for that, but I digress...

He keeps describing this as being his 'version' of a kickstarter or a gofundme campaign, all while being blithely unaware of the fact that the reason those are viable crowdfunding methods is because there is transparency involved- the number of backers is on display, how much they contributed, proof of progress by the project manager along with rewards that verify what's being done, etc. He really doesn't get that his word alone isn't good enough to entice people, and if he really wanted to crowdfund this then he shoulda just gone with an established operation.

And yeah, I said it once and I'll say it again- there is certainly *A* market for what he's trying to do here, but it's not nearly as big as he imagines it. Between the liberties he had to take with LSC to avoid lawsuit and his own odious behavior, the number of people who might be legitimately interested has shrunk drastically, to say nothing of the sheer amount of time this has all taken. He just cannot get that he's the biggest impediment to whatever visions of success he had for this, whether it be his lack of output or his making a spectacle of himself for a solid decade.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, horridus said:

He keeps describing this as being his 'version' of a kickstarter or a gofundme campaign, all while being blithely unaware of the fact that the reason those are viable crowdfunding methods is because there is transparency involved

That's what makes it his version.

2 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Anyway, his excuse on why the comic ended up how it did on his site:

And I believe he's an i-- no, no, not doing that here.

Suffice to say, I was on desktop when I ran into all of those problems. But sure, keep sticking your head in that sand, Ken.

Ironic, really. Isn't TLSC primarily targeting mobile devices? That isn't a great exhibition of how you accommodate them there.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

And I believe he's an i-- no, no, not doing that here.

Suffice to say, I was on desktop when I ran into all of those problems. But sure, keep sticking your head in that sand, Ken.

Ironic, really. Isn't TLSC primarily targeting mobile devices? That isn't a great exhibition of how you accommodate them there.

Ensuring elements of a web page correctly display and work on a mobile device is practically bare minimum for website design in this day and age, and has been for years, even close to a decade, I’d say. Any class you do on website design will ALWAYS make it clear how important it is to have mobile versions and ensuring your site elements automatically scale and work on mobiles.

It’s actually very standard knowledge for anyone designing a site that there should be a mobile layout that’s automatically enabled if you are on mobile (IE - specifically what happens on Sonic Stadium if you were to visit on your phone Vs on a tablet or desktop).

Hell, if you need a idea of how seamless it’s expected to be at this point, if you have a tablet lying around - go to Sonic Stadium in landscape mode, then turn it into portrait mode, and watch as the site dynamically shifts from the desktop to mobile layout without you needing to do anything.

Ignore the fact that it happens on desktop anyways, the fact that he couldn’t even do the bare minimum for website design for devices that most people use nowadays primarily over desktops is absolutely ludicrous and shows a staggering level of ineptitude, especially when this man expects people to follow him to this website.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

That is interesting, considering his claim about not knowing much about Sonic the Comic in the past.

In fairness, "A Day In The Life of the Bad Guy" is such a generic idea that anybody could think it up. That said I think if you brought this up to him even in an earnest attempt to point out how interesting the coincidence was he'd still get weirdly possessive about it...

5 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Pft. Touche.

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ignore the fact that it happens on desktop anyways, the fact that he couldn’t even do the bare minimum for website design for devices that most people use nowadays primarily over desktops is absolutely ludicrous and shows a staggering level of ineptitude, especially when this man expects people to follow him to this website.

Hey, you gotta admit- at least it's consistent with the quality of everything else he's done. He's the inverse Renaissance Man- a man who does EVERYTHING poorly!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

And we have one more character reveal before the fated departure from X:

That being said:

MM_Dawn_of_the_Final_Day.pngA

Yet Another Echidna With A Goatee, how riveting. Also, calling it now- Avion's ruling council is gonna be blatantly modeled after the depiction of Krypton's ruling council from the 1978 Superman movie.

• Thumbs Up 5

"They're totally alien creatures with totally different customs, culture and traditions than humans, except for their haircut."

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Adamis said:

"They're totally alien creatures with totally different customs, culture and traditions than humans, except for their haircut."

What else do you expect from a guy who basically refuses to grow past the media and tropes he consumed as a kid, namely OG Star Trek and 60s' era Marvel Comics?

And honestly? I wouldn't care about the fact the Echyd'nya are basically re-skinned humans, if his relentless, laughable pretenses about this being a 'hard' science fiction story didn't consistently highlight how much this work ISN'T. To say nothing of him trotting that one out only as a means of excusing his inability to write believable characters just in general...

"No no, Knuckles not having any resentment or anger towards his father isn't because I'm a bad writer or I have my own weird hangups about filial piety, it's because he's not a HUMAN so his behavior is just different from ours! I AM A GOOD WRITER, A GOOD WRITER YOU HEAR ME?!"

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

Well, all the usual predictable references/design aside, his X account seems pretty quiet (also of note, he didn't make 4,400 followers despite its steady climb over the past couple of weeks).

EDIT: Turns out he doesn't plan to sign off for good until later tonight, so my original post was a bit premature. Anyway, the presumed true final countdown continues:

Edited by Promethean0416
Minor change.

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Well, all the usual predictable references/design aside, his X account seems pretty quiet (also of note, he didn't make 4,400 followers despite its steady climb over the past couple of weeks).

EDIT: Turns out he doesn't plan to sign off for good until later tonight, so my original post was a bit premature. Anyway, the presumed true final countdown continues:

He didn't reach 4,400 followers?  Was that a goal he had?

12 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

He didn't reach 4,400 followers?  Was that a goal he had?

No, that was an attempted joke from me regarding that. He is close to that number now, maybe he may pull a surprise and hit that number before he (presumably) leaves for good?