Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Oh, later this year or early next year, huh? Yes, I'm sure that will be seen through. Just like it was meant to be in 2012, and the other two times it was meant to see print. Until I see a physical copy of the book and confirmation of sale, I'm not believing squat.

It's not even LSC really. It's just a bunch of reprints and a hideous prologue story that took a decade to make.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

On another note, aside from this "news", not much else from his time at SDCC aside from that "commission" of Knuckles Live featuring Macaulay Culkin Jr. as well as another with a Sonic/Tails duo with human faces from his post regarding his time at SDCC: 

https://kenpenders.com/my-comic-con-report/

So, not many people came to him at SDCC.

Looks like fewer creepy candid cosplay pictures this time, that might be an improvement.

Looks like he is trying something a bit different with his drawing process:

https://kenpenders.com/an-experiment-on-my-part/

And apparently, he's going to accept constructive criticism this time around for this...

EDIT: He also seems to be making a final push on these prints:

https://kenpenders.com/sonic-brave-new-world-limited-edition-print-down-to-the-last-copies/

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

Looks like he is trying something a bit different with his drawing process:

https://kenpenders.com/an-experiment-on-my-part/

y'know, as ungodly terrible as his Sonic art is, the man can draw humans very well, I'll grant him that much. honestly that looks pretty good in my (admittedly untrained) eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, joe_schmoe99 said:

y'know, as ungodly terrible as his Sonic art is, the man can draw humans very well, I'll grant him that much. honestly that looks pretty good in my (admittedly untrained) eyes.

Generally speaking yes, he is much better at drawing normal humans than he is anything else, and I would argue that his pencils are, in general, superior to much of his finished work. The trouble sets in when it comes time for him to ink and color his work, because for whatever god awful reason his digital coloring/inking completely sabotages whatever expertise his pencils show.

• Thumbs Up 5

Unrelated to the above recent stuff, but I saw this, and for some reason, I feel like this is something like how Ken Penders thinks his whole life is going right now.

• Chuckle 1

Well, here we go again. Future attempts to advertise fluff and nonexistent product(s) for the year, take two:

https://kenpenders.com/find-me-at-fanexpo-boston-this-coming-weekend/

Anybody going to this one or the one in Canada?

Also, that's a classic commercial there! Still have all my classic Sonic games too...

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Looks like his preorder page is up for Mobius: 25 Years Later TLSC: Beginnings:

https://kenpenders.com/the-lara-su-chronicles-beginnings-is-now-active-for-pre-orders/

"Coming soon in 2024(?)"

"Those who pre-order will receive their copies sometime in Spring 2024. The rest will have to wait until the San Diego Comic-Con in July 2024."

I believe it when I see it.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Looks like his preorder page is up for Mobius: 25 Years Later TLSC: Beginnings:

https://kenpenders.com/the-lara-su-chronicles-beginnings-is-now-active-for-pre-orders/

"Coming soon in 2024(?)"

Nothing really to add, but I wanted to share that the second I saw the cover I yelled "THAT'S LITERALLY JUST KNUCKLES"

• Thumbs Up 2

And so it begins...

https://kenpenders.com/now-showing-at-fanexpo-boston/

Probably not going to be anything new from this, just the same as the previous event(s) he attended. I imagine quite a few eyes are going to be on him come FANEXPO Canada...

EDIT: Looks like he's attempting to get Shatner's autograph this time around:

EDIT 2: Step-by-step drawing progress.

EDIT 3: Do-over on the sketch.

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

Looks like FANEXPO Boston is about to wrap up, and here are some tweets of interest from the man (especially the second and last ones).

I know it is possible to still get used games from past systems, but what are the odds that someone would just have a copy of SC just for him to sign?

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

I know it is possible to still get used games from past systems, but what are the odds that someone would just have a copy of SC just for him to sign?

If its real 100% his attendance is announced far enough in advance to plan that out and ensure you have the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, I still have my copy of the game sealed (no particular reason, just never got around to playing it and wound up watching a Let's Play instead).

Don't think I'd bother getting him to sign it, but I guess it's there if I wanted to.

Nah, if I was going to go for irony, I'd probably bring in something like #184 or 245 or 246.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Nah, if I was going to go for irony, I'd probably bring in something like #184 or 245 or 246.

Nice choices! I considered #166, #167, #174, and #233 myself, but I digress...

• Thumbs Up 1

I found these videos showing a tour around FANEXPO Boston while in progress, and they happened to pass by the TLSC booth once per day.

To highlight, the first day only shows a glimpse of that booth, which looked to have no activity, the second day had Penders with a couple of people with him in the booth (observe what he is doing), and like Day 1, the booth was empty. On the third, Penders wasn't there, but the others were and you guessed it, still no activity.

Maybe I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the tour caught him at a not-so-busy time, but yeah, I'll take it as not much going on for him. I did, however, notice at least one retro game booth on the tour, so maybe possibly that claim with the SC signing for the fan might have happened, but who knows? 

Anyway, here are the videos, I linked all of them to the appropriate times where the booth appears (Day 1 is only for a brief moment, but you can see it is empty):

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

To highlight, the first day only shows a glimpse of that booth, which looked to have no activity, the second day had Penders with a couple of people with him in the booth (observe what he is doing), and like Day 1, the booth was empty. On the third, Penders wasn't there, but the others were and you guessed it, still no activity.

Maybe I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the tour caught him at a not-so-busy time, but yeah, I'll take it as not much going on for him. I did, however, notice at least one retro game booth on the tour, so maybe possibly that claim with the SC signing for the fan might have happened, but who knows?

Entirely possible, but anything Penders says has to be taken with a grain of salt... this guy has been shown, repeatedly, to have no trouble either creatively re-interpreting things for his own benefit or straight up lying. Given that in the past people have observed his booth having precious little activity at conventions and the fact that there never seems to be any buzz about him or his stuff despite how 'popular' he always is at these cons? Yeah, more likely than not he's telling pork pies.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh look at that. He's still on Twitter despite "leaving".

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:55 PM, horridus said:

Entirely possible, but anything Penders says has to be taken with a grain of salt... this guy has been shown, repeatedly, to have no trouble either creatively re-interpreting things for his own benefit or straight up lying. Given that in the past people have observed his booth having precious little activity at conventions and the fact that there never seems to be any buzz about him or his stuff despite how 'popular' he always is at these cons? Yeah, more likely than not he's telling pork pies.

This is getting ridiculous.  I'm going to Fan Expo Canada.  I'll swing by his table my own dang self and give an accurate report-back on what's really going on.  If he's going to tell fibs, I'll be able to debunk him, since I'm going Saturday and that's the biggest day.

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Oh look at that. He's still on Twitter despite "leaving".

To be fair, didn't he say he was leaving in September?

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Pork pies with a side of inconsistency:

Hmmm...

Wonder what  the date change is about?

I curse you for making me go to bat for the man, but he probably meant "through" October 2023, which would mean that they'd be available again starting November 1st.

Of all the reasons the man may deserve to be pilloried, this one's gotta be hanging around somewhere near the bottom.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

This is getting ridiculous.  I'm going to Fan Expo Canada.  I'll swing by his table my own dang self and give an accurate report-back on what's really going on.  If he's going to tell fibs, I'll be able to debunk him, since I'm going Saturday and that's the biggest day.

To be fair, didn't he say he was leaving in September?

Originally the end of September, but he then said around August as per this tweet:

36 minutes ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

I curse you for making me go to bat for the man, but he probably meant "through" October 2023, which would mean that they'd be available again starting November 1st.

Of all the reasons the man may deserve to be pilloried, this one's gotta be hanging around somewhere near the bottom.

Yeah, probably. It just seemed like he gave two different dates for that particular character, is all (hence my gripe for "lack of consistency"). No biggie, and yeah, I can understand why to a degree, considering that particular character is likely in limbo anyway due to the circumstances surrounding it.

But I digress...

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

Licencing characters for other people to do nothing with might be a more viable business model than his attempt at a comic.

• Thumbs Up 6