Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

And another "update" on that "commission" from before:

Definitely looks like something out of Foodfight now...

12 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Yeesh! I was sleepy but sure woke me up.

• Chuckle 1

16 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

It really is astonishing how, despite having been using it for a decade, he is no closer to getting better at digital color/inking/shading. You'd think there'd be some visible improvement, buuut nope, everything still looks like it was carved out of pig grease.

• Thumbs Up 1

And the "commission updates" continue:

So...slow but steady? Also, one's using a shiny shampoo/conditioner while the other is using Brand X...

14 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

And the "commission updates" continue:

So...slow but steady? Also, one's using a shiny shampoo/conditioner while the other is using Brand X...

"Brand X, Brand X, it's simple and plain, Brand X, Brand X, it's different but all the same."

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

"Brand X, Brand X, it's simple and plain, Brand X, Brand X, it's different but all the same."

Given what's been going on with Twitter, that just makes this joke X-Tra hilarious, heh.

Well, we're swiftly approaching that late August leave he mentioned... if he intends to go through with it, then I really wonder why he's even bothering with sharing updates given that it's all gonna get deleted soon anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, horridus said:

Given what's been going on with Twitter, that just makes this joke X-Tra hilarious, heh.

Well, we're swiftly approaching that late August leave he mentioned... if he intends to go through with it, then I really wonder why he's even bothering with sharing updates given that it's all gonna get deleted soon anyway.

Did he say he was deleting it all, or just leaving? Seems like a bit of a waste to just delete it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am in utter awe that this thread is still up, discussing the exact same stuff as it did years ago.

How long does it take to release one (1) comic book? Surely it wouldn't take more than a decade, even if it's just one guy """working""" on it.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Volphied said:

I am in utter awe that this thread is still up, discussing the exact same stuff as it did years ago.

How long does it take to release one (1) comic book? Surely it wouldn't take more than a decade, even if it's just one guy """working""" on it.

He’s definitely not going to put up his comic. He’s just trying to ransom his characters. It’s just more fun to watch him try to.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2

13 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Did he say he was deleting it all, or just leaving? Seems like a bit of a waste to just delete it all.

From his tweets, he said he was leaving, so it could mean that he might keep his account up for archival purposes until TwitterBrand X bites the dust. Also of note, with X's block feature removed, he may not do as much tweeting to avoid those who would disagree with him (the few left, that is).

And it's strange, but he's been pretty quiet for the past couple of days. Maybe he's actually working or maybe prepping for FANEXPO Canada, where I imagine quite a few people will be watching what he does there for a certain reason...

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

On 8/19/2023 at 10:39 PM, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Honestly? I can't remember. Whether he deletes it or not though, my point still stands that if he's really serious about migrating elsewhere he probably shouldn't be doing things to keep attention on his twitter account. But we'll see, about any of it.

Well, so much for that. Looks like Flynn will have nothing to worry about after all:

https://kenpenders.com/fanexpo-canada-is-a-no-go-this-year/

Also, some more Scourge/copyright stuff. I can understand character development as part of this, but this seems a bit much, though on one side, Penders's version was just even more jerk version of Sonic, while Flynn's version focused on him finding his own identity from Sonic and making him a bigger threat than before.  But I am not an expert on the subject, so:

Edited by Promethean0416
Updating.

5 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Well, so much for that. Looks like Flynn will have nothing to worry about after all:

Also, some more Scourge/copyright stuff. I can understand character development as part of this, but this seems a bit much, though on one side, Penders's version was just even more jerk version of Sonic, while Flynn's version focused on him finding his own identity from Sonic and making him a bigger threat than before.  But I am not an expert on the subject, so:

Ian isn't the only one.  I REALLY didn't want to deal with Ken's existence this weekend.  So now I can focus on meeting Ian and having fun!!  :D

• Thumbs Up 6

8 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

I can't tell if the man can't read or just can't comprehend.

2 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

Ian isn't the only one.  I REALLY didn't want to deal with Ken's existence this weekend.  So now I can focus on meeting Ian and having fun!!  :D

If I was going, I'd be disappointed I couldn't see the Miracle App that will forever change the world of sequential art or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

I feel like this isn't really about copyrights at this point and more about him demanding that people see Flynn as solely responsible for Evil Sonic becoming Scourge just so he can continue to justify his perpetual bitterness and jealousy towards the guy for making Scourge far, far more popular than 'Evil Sonic' ever was. This man is going to go to his grave seething over this. Otherwise its same old same old by this point- he's tap-dancing around how pathetically derivative Evil Sonic was, and refusing to really admit that Evil Sonic's core development and lore, including his name, came from other writers even before Flynn came along.

Anyway, I'm glad he's not going to the expo, if only because now I know for sure that it can proceed in peace for Flynn without even the microscopic chance of some kind of weird incident or awkwardness taking place.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

The thing about this though is that Evil Sonic is still Sonic the Hedgehog, a character that SEGA owns.  So, even if Penders was the first person to write the Evil Sonic story line, I find Scourge to be much more of an original character than Evil Sonic since even though Scourge is technically Evil Sonic transformed, you can make Scourge his own separate character, without tying him to Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

The thing about this though is that Evil Sonic is still Sonic the Hedgehog, a character that SEGA owns.  So, even if Penders was the first person to write the Evil Sonic story line, I find Scourge to be much more of an original character than Evil Sonic since even though Scourge is technically Evil Sonic transformed, you can make Scourge his own separate character, without tying him to Sonic.

Yeah, and I think that's why Penders gets particularly defensive whenever the subject comes up and resorts to such weird, convoluted justifications. No matter how much he tries to sidestep the issue, the thing that makes this whole thing unique is that Evil Sonic/Scourge literally are, in universe, evil versions of Sonic the Hedgehog. He just mentioned how Len Wein is 'seen as the creator of Wolverine' despite many of Wolverine's other developments coming from other writers, but what he doesn't acknowledge is that Wolverine was created wholesale by Wein rather than being, oh, Daredevil's evil doppelganger from Dimension Zeta or such.

And that's on top of his various neuroses over the fact Flynn made Scourge far more popular, memorable and unique than he ever was as Anti-Sonic...

• Thumbs Up 5

And Knuckles seems to be "done". Wow, this is one long step-by-step "self-commission":

Also, not sure if this is an attempt to be nice or something else:

4 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

And Knuckles seems to be "done". Wow, this is one long step-by-step "self-commission":

So, Penders is actually congratulating Flynn on creating Scourge?

10 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Why did he put more detail into Knuckles shoes instead of his face?  His shoes won't be visible, since they're behind Julie-Su.  Yet he has no shading at all on his teeth.  

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

It's something else. Notice that nothing in there actually COMPLIMENTS Flynn's work on Scourge, just him downplaying Pellerito and Spaz's role in the genesis of Scourge. Which, at this point, is more about justifying his need to make Flynn his own private bogeyman or whatever his cockamamie arguments about copyright are at this moment than it is about actually granting proper credit. In his mind, Flynn and Flynn alone took HIS character and remade him into someone else, and anything that contradicts that is to be ignored.

• Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, horridus said:

It's something else. Notice that nothing in there actually COMPLIMENTS Flynn's work on Scourge, just him downplaying Pellerito and Spaz's role in the genesis of Scourge.

I mean, it's worth noting he didn't even respect Pellerito when he was still just an editor, because I distinctly remember him saying all Pellerito did was "insert himself into the creative process." Which I suppose is notable on its own since Gabrie's biggest contributions as editor was curbing the most dogshit ideas like a Johnny Cochran shark lawyer or killing Sally back in the "End Game" period but otherwise let everyone do whatever because even Sega didn't give a shit as long as they were collecting their licensing fees.

• Thumbs Up 8

Another update on Mobius: 25 Years Later TLSC: Beginnings:

https://kenpenders.com/the-lara-su-chronicles-beginnings-update-and-more/

Seems that he is finally starting to ask for more help aside from translators for his "worldwide release" of the product.

Also, the ongoing argument with Scourge:

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

Uh....HUH.  -.-  With that bizarre logic, no wonder he thinks he's the one and only Knuckles expert/owner/whatever.  That poor monotreme.  

Meanwhile, I met Ian Flynn today at Fan Expo!  He's so sweet and nice and I thanked him for all the hard work he's put into the Sonic franchise.  I already had very high respect for him, but it's gone even higher!!

• Thumbs Up 7