Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

47 minutes ago, babsiwuff said:

Uh....HUH.  -.-  With that bizarre logic, no wonder he thinks he's the one and only Knuckles expert/owner/whatever.  That poor monotreme.  

Meanwhile, I met Ian Flynn today at Fan Expo!  He's so sweet and nice and I thanked him for all the hard work he's put into the Sonic franchise.  I already had very high respect for him, but it's gone even higher!!

Glad you got to meet Ian Flynn!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, more of the uncanny valley in pfp format:

Some "insight" on how his final run of Archie Sonic issues was approached:

And finally, a debate if he will keep his TwitterBrand X account up or delete it completely on September 15th (should he actually make this deadline after changing it twice):

Also, seems to still not be over the whole Antoine/Bunnie marriage thing and apparently teeing up Robotnik/Eggman vs. the Dark Legion for war...

I am going to hazard a guess that it would have been Snively's death judging from his "outline" that he released years ago...

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

Hey, more of the uncanny valley in pfp format:

Some "insight" on how his final run of Archie Sonic issues was approached:

And finally, a debate if he will keep his TwitterBrand X account up or delete it completely on September 15th (should he actually make this deadline after changing it twice):

I guess Penders saw the comparisons to his last design of Julie-Su looking like an Echyd'nya version of Peggy Hill, because that's pretty different from the last redesign he touted.

And given how Penders has repeatedly stated his 'first priority' was 'undoing the damage'  of the Slap, I have extreme doubts that he's being truthful here, given how many of those stories are multi-parters that lead into each other in sequence. He's made it abundantly clear that he went in with a plan to basically undo Bollers' developments on the book while Penders was gone, and now he sounds like he's backtracking.

If he does leave, I'll be surprised. No matter what he says and no matter how badly Musk tanks it, Twitter is still the only place where Penders and his work gets any kind of traction. If he's serious about this project he'll stay there, and his attempts to portray leaving as being a moral issue for him falls flat given the people he licensed Scourge to for a hot minute.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, here's another close-up of that "Z-page" of his:

I can think of a few things that can define a "pivotal moment" in an average series, but IIRC, this is just him telling her that she is ready for...something, which seems...underwhelming.

EDIT: On closer look at the "art", that emblem is definitely off center on Remington's cap there. Of course, the cap itself doesn't blend in with the rest of the clothes either...

EDIT 2: I was tired when I made this post, so forgive the lack of clarity on my first assessment.

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

And the Z-page close-ups continue with the tech assist "villain":

You know, I think I have seen that background somewhere before as part of a desktop, but I digress...

On 8/31/2023 at 3:00 AM, Adamis said:

That glorious blurry JPG backdround. Truly he is giving us a window to early 2000 webcomics.

You'd think after doing this crap for a decade now he'd at least figure out how to de-rez the images he pilfers for his backgrounds, but noooo...

On 9/1/2023 at 11:36 AM, Promethean0416 said:

And the Z-page close-ups continue with the tech assist "villain":

You know, I think I have seen that background somewhere before as part of a desktop, but I digress...

I all but guarantee that you have. Pretty certain this is gonna be Lien-Da in some kind of cyberscape ala the Matrix or whatever. Gotta love how her organic body and the metal crap sticking to her has the exact same texture and shading, which is that of plastics. Years upon years of this, and nothing, absolutely nothing has changed about his art or digital work in any capacity. It's unnatural.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep, and more on why he is sticking to these uncanny valley designs and the setting, as they are "real" to him:

And more on Shade/Julie-Su being the same person (in his opinion):

Okay I know I've dipped out of this thread and all but it actually seriously boils my blood to see him peddling this lie of his to what is clearly a kid who just wanted more of the game he liked. Why can't he just shut the fuck up.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Okay I know I've dipped out of this thread and all but it actually seriously boils my blood to see him peddling this lie of his to what is clearly a kid who just wanted more of the game he liked. Why can't he just shut the fuck up.

He just wants attention as always and still holds on to the belief on the value he brought to the series.

Anyway, updated "commission art":

THOSE EYES ARE STARING INTO MY SOUL

21 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Didn't he say that he was leaving Twitter (X)?

Yes, this month on the 15th (maybe).

Anyway, factoid on a character's creation:

10 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Asshole's gotta asshole, and he has a narrative to push. He's just kind of horrid in general.

32 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Yes, this month on the 15th (maybe).

Anyway, factoid on a character's creation:

Given Lien's choice of attire in Archie I would've figured she was based more on the Baroness of GI Joe fame, though I'm guessing that one was Spaziante's influence given the hand he played in designing a lot of Penders' characters. The Madame Hydra/Viper influence is a tad more obvious now, especially in that commissioned pic-

image.thumb.png.acdc743c97ea1f6d93f1285f76b3c298.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, horridus said:

Given Lien's choice of attire in Archie I would've figured she was based more on the Baroness of GI Joe fame

Hmm, that was 1983... don't think that's Boomer-y enough, and I'm not sure his son was old enough yet to bring it to his attention.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Hmm, that was 1983... don't think that's Boomer-y enough, and I'm not sure his son was old enough yet to bring it to his attention.

Agreed, unless he was into GI-Joe growing up, but again, not judging tastes of others not related to this.

Anyway, the "final countdown" has begun, T-minus -12 days and counting:

https://kenpenders.com/the-countdown-is-on/

Yet he still posts on Twitter (may change after the 15th), and regarding him meeting deadlines, he's already missed several, so what's another one?

And finally, he's been on that same commission since February. Shouldn't commissions take roughly 3-4 months?

6 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Oh, definitely, hence why I mentioned Spaziante- I think he might have been young enough to have been influenced by G.I. Joe, and he's the one who did a lot of the design work on Penders' characters. Though it makes little substantive difference in the end, especially now that Lien-Da's influence is more obvious thanks to LSC.

2 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Agreed, unless he was into GI-Joe growing up, but again, not judging tastes of others not related to this.

Anyway, the "final countdown" has begun, T-minus -12 days and counting:

https://kenpenders.com/the-countdown-is-on/

Yet he still posts on Twitter (may change after the 15th), and regarding him meeting deadlines, he's already missed several, so what's another one?

And finally, he's been on that same commission since February. Shouldn't commissions take roughly 3-4 months?

If he doesn't go through with it after this announcement, then he's going to look reaaaallly foolish. Which isn't exactly anything new for him, but still. Kinda surprised that he seems to have decided to back away from Social Media in general, and honestly? He really should have done that a long time ago. His time on social media has only amounted to him constantly getting into stupid slap fights and revealing himself to be an asshole over and over again, all while having very little to show for his supposedly uber-important project. Maybe if he steps back he'll actually make substantial progress on LSC, though I doubt it.

We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2023 at 1:01 PM, Promethean0416 said:

He just wants attention as always and still holds on to the belief on the value he brought to the series.

Anyway, updated "commission art":

THOSE EYES ARE STARING INTO MY SOUL

Bleh.  I wish he’d quit drawing Tails forever.  Every time he touches that character it always goes horribly wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

Bleh.  I wish he’d quit drawing Tails forever.  Every time he touches that character it always goes horribly wrong.

Not only that, I wish he stop drawing Sally with a different outfit and headband. Like why? What's the purpose of giving her a new outfit?

6 hours ago, StreetSonic2022 said:

Not only that, I wish he stop drawing Sally with a different outfit and headband. Like why? What's the purpose of giving her a new outfit?

From what I remember, it was the design he had in mind for her regarding his planned Sonic movie pitch with Sega, Sonic Armageddon.

5 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I'd be really curious to talk to one of his fans. Like, I'm no art major, but the art is really bad. Someone must like it though.

You can check his Twitter account and there are a few people who respond and compliment his art style, though I suspect one of them is a sockpuppet account controlled either by him or someone close to him, but I digress...

5 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

And so the "commission" continues:

Still with those soulless eyes...

Why does Lara Su have line art while the others don’t?