Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

37 minutes ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Unfortunately, we killed all our lawyers. That's how we solved our lawyer problem.

Now all restaurants are Taco Bell.

I understood that reference!

Now I am wondering if his alien society knows how to use the three seashells...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I reading this correctly regarding that none of the designs on the previews were final? It's possible I could be misreading this and maybe it's some new character designs. But in the worst case scenario, if he's looking to change things up again, seems like he is putting himself back to square one of his project in regards to progress.

Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Am I reading this correctly regarding that none of the designs on the previews were final? It's possible I could be misreading this and maybe it's some new character designs. But in the worst case scenario, if he's looking to change things up again, seems like he is putting himself back to square one of his project in regards to progress.

Thoughts?

So is Data Files a new series he's working on?

13 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It's the info dump character descriptions he does.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:08 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Like this:

tumblr_o6nm8mP3371spjcago1_1280.pnj

Edited by Promethean0416
Replacing pic link.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:01 PM, Promethean0416 said:

Like this:

FKZVelhX0AQGinn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I gotta admit, he’s been unusually quiet as of late.  Not that I mind; whatever he’s working on, it’s keeping him out of everyone’s hair.

• Thumbs Up 3

That font of choice doesn't sit well with my eyes, but I guess that's just Ken's love for sci-fi-esque stuff even if it gets in the way of enjoying his actual content. 😐

• Thumbs Up 1

I can only hope that Penders is quick on those updates because Jeezum Crow, Lara's bio page is DOMINATED by her lineage at this point. Seriously there's no actual details about her backstory or personality, just a massive listing about every relative going back several centuries. 

Boy if that isn't symbolic of Penders' writing when it comes to all of this, I dunno what is. 

• Chuckle 3
  • Absolutely 4

From the looks of it, not much progress on them since last month.

Anyway, how many times now has he brought up this format debate?

2 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Anyway, how many times now has he brought up this format debate?

Seriously, every time it sounds like Penders is getting somewhere with his work, he takes several steps back.

21 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Considering how long he's been taking on the damn comic, this doesn't surprise me at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will admit that I have not checked out those issues in a long while, but I don't remember seeing anything about an environmental message in any of those issues. Maybe it was the one with the nanite city? Feel free to clarify if necessary.

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

I will admit that I have not checked out those issues in a long while, but I don't remember seeing anything about a environmental message in any of those issues. Maybe it was the one with the nanite city? Feel free to clarify if necessary.

Oh, there's nothing to clarify. Like every other 'topical' theme in his work, it was lip service at best and had no actual narrative bearing on anything. More than likely he will attempt to spin the weird weather stuff from 25YL as being about global warming, but that falls flat on its face given the actual causes and nature of that one aren't even remotely comparable. He's just trying to re-write history to make himself seem like a deeper writer than he actually is, as he always does. 

Just thinking about the storytelling from back then, and how so much felt unresolved until Ian Flynn came in, it struck me how much like the old Archie Sonic storytelling, and a lot of Penders' stuff in particular, this is.

And we now have Future Tails colored in. 

That expression though...wow. And forget the tails used for flying, he needs rocket shoes now!

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

That expression though...wow. And forget the tails used for flying, he needs rocket shoes now!

I….wow.  What gets me more than the art is how terrible he is at colouring.  And yet he crows about how rich working for Sonic made him and how legendary he is.  🙃

You know, maybe that's the expression Future "Tails" is meant to have, he's probably just trying to reach for a big Hershey bar!

9 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

The sight of those lips just makes me want to cry.

8 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

You know, maybe that's the expression Future "Tails" is meant to have, he's probably just trying to reach for a big Hershey bar!

Sure, why not? It's definitely better than the first thing I had in mind:

Spoiler

SU-TTTwiceTTToldTTTails.jpg.dd517ad4aadf37b08e1198089e1a7668.jpg

Tracy, Ben, I'm sorry.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4

The human proportions are still ugly as hell as are his un-gloved hands. But Tails having a brown beard over his furry white muzzle and brown hair coming out of his orange fur... At least make his muzzle longer if you want it to be beard like.

8 hours ago, Paul-Agnew said:

Sure, why not? It's definitely better than the first thing I had in mind:

Hide contents

SU-TTTwiceTTToldTTTails.jpg.dd517ad4aadf37b08e1198089e1a7668.jpg

Tracy, Ben, I'm sorry.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Same, Tails.  Same.

21 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

I am staggered by how... grody that beard looks. Like for real, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in about a decade, and likewise the emphasis of realism in this style only highlights how weird a beard and head of hair growing from a creature with a fur coat. And then there are the pink, hairless lips and palms of his hands which look... deeply unnerving for reasons I can't quite explain.

I'm surprised that SEGA is not stepping in to prevent Penders from using Tails in any kind of way.